Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dogcrash truther
Can you respond to this: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3727126&pagenumber=8&perpage=40#post447040855

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GEExCEE

shut it down

ron color
it wasn't sarcasm, it wasn't your best work but I liked it it was very byob. also, please have your blood pressure checked regularly

i am he

the cock post was funny lol

YeahSo!

by Lowtax

I had that answered yesterday, in amongst a clutch of posts I was answering together in one.. I changed my mind about making the post though.

But since the rewind has now been called, I may as well make the intended post. Here:

BoPepper in a thread...

quote:

I will be back tomorrow to gently caress you in the rear end so youd better keep jacking off you old retard

:cmon::yosbutt: Ugh-ugh :buttfame:
~

FluffieDuckie posted:

wow.  see here's the thing.  there are people in this thread legitimately typing effort words at you trying to help you stick around and not get probated because you seem to hate that when it happens. but then you act like this.

this.  this is the problem

Wow. See, here's the thing: I was addressing one individual in the thread who was rambling ridiculous stupidity to me. Not by any stretch of the imagination would I consider that person to be one of the people in this thread legitimately typing effort words at me trying to help me stick around.

Rather, they appeared to be more interested in trying to chip away at me while reminiscing about the last time the fancied themselves to have laid down the law on some (no doubt) bemused recipient of their words. You seem to have trouble identifying that.

That. That is your problem.

P.S. And, sorry, I'm unable to help you with that.
~

Piso Mojado posted:

Yo, Junket!  Doing anything cool this weekend?

Yes, Piso - reading your posts.. and analysing the intriguing conflict between your avatar and title. :D
~

dogcrash truther posted:

So are you surprised you get banned and probated then?

By majority rules one person, yes. My heart played no part in this. This production is a comedy of errors.. mistakes that I would not have made. :P
~

dogdisaster posted:

what do you like more gunky, micro machines or hotwheels

Hmmm.. well, micro machines is "a chic misnomer" - "Ms. Chimera Icon"; which is certainly "no mimic chaser" and no "macho crime sin" "in mocha crimes" that "arch ones mimic." ("Is ranch Commie" still outlawed though?)

And hotwheels well, "these howl" and get "whet holes" (hehe oh "the slew ho"); I'll just have to "slow the he" guys down is all.

Lol that was terrible.. sorry. *rolls eyes at self*
~

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

YeahSo!

by Lowtax

GEExCEE posted:

shut it down

Consistency in moderation, please???

Or is it only the people who aren't negative towards me, who get probated for posts such as this?

----------------

pig slut lisa

irl is good

i miss being able to see who voted and how

GEExCEE

pig slut lisa posted:

lol yeah

Salmiakki

pig slut lisa posted:

https://twitter.com/sallymiakki
ty cat dynamite

FluffieDuckie

I don't think she's learning anything

Thank you for the beautiful sig Machai!

alnilam

Gunky junket your posts are fine when you are not addressing a particular person. But every post itt you make towards someone who was trying to be genuinely helpful, where you berate them and get super defensive, just makes you look really bad. We've all read the post you're responding to, do you think you're going to trick us into thinking it was disingenuous and then side with you?

It's like you walked into a drug use intervention where everyone's there to help you, and someone has just recited their speech like "when i see the way heroin has made you neglect your children, that's what i can't take anymore, please get help gunky junket, i know you're better than this." Now you're shouting "wow, this guy, heh what an rear end in a top hat am i right folks??" at the rest of us who are here for the same purpose. What do you think we think?

I don't purport to know what it is about you that makes you get so defensive. Whatever the reason is, you get too defensive about nothing, then you sling weird personal attacks on people, and you get everyone siding against you because nobody else thinks your target did anything wrong and they're like "geez overreact much?"

So my constructive advice is, recognize you have a blind spot for what is and isn't appropriate when criticizing others or making posts directly to/about other posters. Recognize that blind spot and learn to live with it, just avoid those kinds of posts entirely here on the Something Awful forums.

FluffieDuckie

alnilam posted:

Gunky junket your posts are fine when you are not addressing a particular person. But every post itt you make towards someone who was trying to be genuinely helpful, where you berate them and get super defensive, just makes you look really bad. We've all read the post you're responding to, do you think you're going to trick us into thinking it was disingenuous and then side with you?

It's like you walked into a drug use intervention where everyone's there to help you, and someone has just recited their speech like "when i see the way heroin has made you neglect your children, that's what i can't take anymore, please get help gunky junket, i know you're better than this." Now you're shouting "wow, this guy, heh what an rear end in a top hat am i right folks??" at the rest of us who are here for the same purpose. What do you think we think?

I don't purport to know what it is about you that makes you get so defensive. Whatever the reason is, you get too defensive about nothing, then you sling weird personal attacks on people, and you get everyone siding against you because nobody else thinks your target did anything wrong and they're like "geez overreact much?"

So my constructive advice is, recognize you have a blind spot for what is and isn't appropriate when criticizing others or making posts directly to/about other posters. Recognize that blind spot and learn to live with it, just avoid those kinds of posts entirely here on the Something Awful forums.

I've always been a big alnilam fan

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

YeahSo! posted:

Wow. See, here's the thing: I was addressing one individual in the thread who was rambling ridiculous stupidity to me. Not by any stretch of the imagination would I consider that person to be one of the people in this thread legitimately typing effort words at me trying to help me stick around.

Rather, they appeared to be more interested in trying to chip away at me while reminiscing about the last time the fancied themselves to have laid down the law on some (no doubt) bemused recipient of their words. You seem to have trouble identifying that.

That. That is your problem.

P.S. And, sorry, I'm unable to help you with that.

But in reality, I was trying to help you :( I'm totally over what happened in QCS. It was poo poo, but it's poo poo under the bridge now. I genuinely like helping people to reach their full potential, and I know what it's like to not fit in and not understand why. So I was trying to help you understand what you could do to improve your posting and be better received. I didn't word it as sugary as I usually do, because I was phone-posting and it's hard to be verbose on the phone. But I was legit trying to help you.

And instead, you throw it in my face, call me stupid and crazy, and try to start further poo poo, and that's really not cool. And I'm just shaking my head sadly because it's like trying to teach someone to read and getting a book thrown in my face instead.

So, well, good luck GJ. I'm stepping out of this. I hope the others can make headway, or DCT and Ralp have mercy on you.

Miss Psychosis

Lmao

Lastgirl

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

YeahSo! posted:

^This. I shall do this!

Tonight I reasearch the posting style of a junkyard worker. Tomorrow ye shall see the fruits of my labour. :D

good

im glad of it

i am eagerly awaiting results and am at the edge of my seat~

i also noticed that you are taking my troll squiggles as i like to call them and use it

exactly, that is how you get better~

pick up on peoples idiosynacracies and adopt it and polish it gurl~ <3

Lastgirl fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jun 27, 2015

YeahSo!

by Lowtax

alnilam posted:

But every post itt you make towards someone who was trying to be genuinely helpful 

I have bolded the key words.

You believe that the person telling me that I "need to learn humility" and the rest of their twaffle in that post was trying to be genuinely helpful to me. That is your prerogative.

I, as I have said previously, do not believe that the person telling me that I "need to learn humility" was at all trying to be "genuinely helpful" to me. All they were doing is going into bat for the moderator Dogcrash Truther.

quote:

where you berate them and get super defensive.

Lol wait! So, a person is berating me in their post addressing me is no problem. Yet if I merely disagree with them and point out why, then it's me "berating them and getting super defensive." It doesn't work like that in my world, on my planet.

You're saying "super defensive." It appears that when one person disagrees with what another has said about them, especially considering that person doesn't even know them, as I did with that person, then it means they're getting "super defensive." It doesn't work like that in my world, on my planet.   

quote:

We've all read the post you're responding to, do you think you're going to trick us into thinking it was disingenuous and then side with you?

What? I don't have to trick anybody into anything. I went through their post point-by-point pointing out what I disagreed with and why.

I was not wrong in anything that I said to them. Lol I suppose me telling you this is me getting "super defensive" again, right? *blinks*

quote:

What do you think we think?

Hell if I know. But not everyone thinks the same way you do though.. so who is this "we" that you speak of?

A better question would be: "Do you care what we think?" Should I, should anyone?

That is much easier to answer, rather than you asking me what is going on in the heads of people on an online messageboard, when I'm not even talking to them in person (I'm good, but not that good).

quote:

Disagree with what someone's said about you in BYOB = you being "so defensive"

Indicate point-by-point what it is that you disagree with in their post in BYOB talking about you (so that the person is clear on where you stand) = "geez overreact much?" 

quote:

So my constructive advice is, recognize you have a blind spot for what is and isn't appropriate when criticizing others or making posts directly to/about other posters.

No, that is not a blind spot. 

quote:

Recognize that blind spot and learn to live with it,

Lol =)

quote:

just avoid those kinds of posts entirely here on the Something Awful forums.

Yeah. How's about you ask admin Ralp not to get anymore threads made about me here on the Something Awful forums, eh? *nods* :D

e: hosed the first closing quote command, post went to looking like hell in a handbasket from there on. O_o

YeahSo! fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jun 27, 2015

----------------

GEExCEE

YeahSo! posted:

Lol wait! So, a person is berating me in their post addressing me is no problem. Yet if I merely disagree with them and point out why, then it's me "berating them and getting super defensive." It doesn't work like that in my world, on my planet.

You're saying "super defensive." It appears that when one person disagrees with what another has said about them, especially considering that person doesn't even know them, as I did with that person, then it means they're getting "super defensive." It doesn't work like that in my world, on my planet.   

What? I don't have to trick anybody into anything. I went through their post point-by-point pointing out what I disagreed with and why.

I was not wrong in anything that I said to them. Lol I suppose me telling you this is me getting "super defensive" again, right? *blinks*

Hell if I know. But not everyone thinks the same way you do though.. so who is this "we" that you speak of?

A better question would be: "Do you care what we think?" Should I, should anyone?

That is much easier to answer, rather than you asking me what is going on in the heads of people on an online messageboard, when I'm not even talking to them in person (I'm good, but not that good).

Disagree with what someone's said about you in BYOB = you being "so defensive"

Indicate point-by-point what it is that you disagree with in their post in BYOB talking about you (so that the person is clear on where you stand) = "geez overreact much?" 

No, that is not a blind spot. 

Lol =)

Yeah. How's about you ask admin Ralp not to get anymore threads made about me here on the Something Awful forums, eh? *nods* :D

Piso Mojado

please post shorter

Miss Psychosis

Use the word Obsequious more.

YeahSo!

by Lowtax

meteloides posted:

I didn't word it as sugary as I usually do, because I was phone-posting and it's hard to be verbose on the phone.

Here is the problem right here!

Each and every post I've ever made on the SomethingAwful forums has been made on my phone.

Ralp, subconsciously even, must have some aversion to phone-posting.

Case closed!

----------------

FreshCutFries

YeahSo! posted:

Here is the problem right here!

Each and every post I've ever made on the SomethingAwful forums has been made on my phone.

Ralp, subconsciously even, must have some aversion to phone-posting.

Case closed!

make all of your posts like this, and ralp will bug you less.

my favorite people in life are those that are unapologetically themselves, and i would hate to see you cave on your identity, but not everyone appreciates uniqueness, and making ridiculously huge posts makes it difficult for them to ignore you. this leads to them responding to you in an attempt to get you to stop posting, but with you being decidedly you, this just causes a back and forth to occur between you and them, which effectively turns the topic of a lot of threads you post in to "Gunky Junket," and this upsets people because this is a public forum. it's supposed to be about the community and not any individual poster.

pig slut lisa

irl is good

Ralp

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

alnilam posted:

YEAH!

Thingyman posted:

make all of your posts like this, and ralp will bug you less.

my favorite people in life are those that are unapologetically themselves, and i would hate to see you cave on your identity, but not everyone appreciates uniqueness, and making ridiculously huge posts makes it difficult for them to ignore you. this leads to them responding to you in an attempt to get you to stop posting, but with you being decidedly you, this just causes a back and forth to occur between you and them, which effectively turns the topic of a lot of threads you post in to "Gunky Junket," and this upsets people because this is a public forum. it's supposed to be about the community and not any individual poster.
YEAH!

YEAH!!!!!

----------------

Enhydra lutris

by FactsAreUseless
I find it difficult to Parse your Posts because you utilise too much Slang; in particular you frequently use the Terminology of "L.O.L." ["Laugh Out Loud"]; I know the meaning of this Acronym; I intellectually understand it; but it is not a Word; I am forced to stop reading for an Instant in order to process this Acronym; thus breaking a Concentration Stream as is required for comprehending Posts; in particular High Word Count Posts. Furthermore you utilise Asterisks in your Posts in order to denote an Action; this is a Common Tactic in Online Role Plays; I do not like Online Role Plays; they are frequently obscene and salacious in Nature; I become un nerved when I think that I am reading an Online Role Play even if I know that it is not a salacious Topic; it is not necessary to evoke Bodily Language in your Posts unless you are genuinely engaging in that Bodily Language and it is relevant to the Discussion (e.g. [for example] I am currently drinking a Cappuccino with Three (3) Sugars and Milk in Life; I do not include this Information in my Posts because it is not Relevant; I do not say "I find it difficult to Parse your Posts because you utilise too much Slang *drinks a Cappuccino with Three (3) Sugars and Milk*"; to do this would be a Distraction; it would detract from Important Information that I am trying to Communicate; namely the Primary Points of my Critique; which are that you utilise too much Slang; and Bodily Actions as denoted by Asterisks); your Posts will be easier for others to read and comprehend if you include less Extraneous Data; limiting your self to Vital Information such as your Primary Arguments; and Opinions. "L.O.L." [Laugh Out Loud] also denotes a Bodily Action; it implies that the User is Laughing Out Loud; I feel that you can not be Laughing Out Loud while constructing your Posts; even if you are feeling entertainment it does not seem correct that you would Laugh Out Loud as many times as you claim; I am Aware of this discrepancy; it troubles me; and further impedes my Comprehension. I hope that this is of Assistance to you; and that soon you can make Friends with other Posters on this Forum; though B.Y.O.B. [Beware Your Own Butt] is a Malicious Forum and populated by Grave Individuals; I would instead recommend seeking Friends in other forums such as The Dork Room (Photography) or Girl You Need Some Pussy Control (Creatures).

----------------

i am he

all of my dreams are coming true

ron color
lol

i am he posted:

weird

by zen death robot
ralp is using this thread to troll my fellow yobbers and it needs to stop

----------------

treasure bear

ralp if this is true i will be forced to destroy byob

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Friends, please tell me how to be a better poster, and friend to you all.

----------------

Ace of Baes

Enhydra lutris posted:

I find it difficult to Parse your Posts because you utilise too much Slang; in particular you frequently use the Terminology of "L.O.L." ["Laugh Out Loud"]; I know the meaning of this Acronym; I intellectually understand it; but it is not a Word; I am forced to stop reading for an Instant in order to process this Acronym; thus breaking a Concentration Stream as is required for comprehending Posts; in particular High Word Count Posts. Furthermore you utilise Asterisks in your Posts in order to denote an Action; this is a Common Tactic in Online Role Plays; I do not like Online Role Plays; they are frequently obscene and salacious in Nature; I become un nerved when I think that I am reading an Online Role Play even if I know that it is not a salacious Topic; it is not necessary to evoke Bodily Language in your Posts unless you are genuinely engaging in that Bodily Language and it is relevant to the Discussion (e.g. [for example] I am currently drinking a Cappuccino with Three (3) Sugars and Milk in Life; I do not include this Information in my Posts because it is not Relevant; I do not say "I find it difficult to Parse your Posts because you utilise too much Slang *drinks a Cappuccino with Three (3) Sugars and Milk*"; to do this would be a Distraction; it would detract from Important Information that I am trying to Communicate; namely the Primary Points of my Critique; which are that you utilise too much Slang; and Bodily Actions as denoted by Asterisks); your Posts will be easier for others to read and comprehend if you include less Extraneous Data; limiting your self to Vital Information such as your Primary Arguments; and Opinions. "L.O.L." [Laugh Out Loud] also denotes a Bodily Action; it implies that the User is Laughing Out Loud; I feel that you can not be Laughing Out Loud while constructing your Posts; even if you are feeling entertainment it does not seem correct that you would Laugh Out Loud as many times as you claim; I am Aware of this discrepancy; it troubles me; and further impedes my Comprehension. I hope that this is of Assistance to you; and that soon you can make Friends with other Posters on this Forum; though B.Y.O.B. [Beware Your Own Butt] is a Malicious Forum and populated by Grave Individuals; I would instead recommend seeking Friends in other forums such as The Dork Room (Photography) or Girl You Need Some Pussy Control (Creatures).

holy...

----------------

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Well that just happened

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

pig slut lisa

irl is good

i am he posted:

Diqnol

Now we just need Math Debater in here.

FluffieDuckie

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

Now we just need Math Debater in here.

weird

by zen death robot
theres nothing byob loves more than a dogpile.......he knew they couldnt resist themselves

----------------

i am he

Pedantra

by Lowtax

i am he posted:

----------------

cat_herder

BE GAY
DO CRIME

:cripes:

bwatts

sooo much THis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

treasure bear

this one is timed a bit better, slows down a little at the ends

• Locked thread