Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Triangle tits and an annoying sex voice?

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

leica posted:

rear end Monkey Garage is a show about a dumbass hipster that runs a garage flipping cars with a formula that goes like this:

1. Find a (planted) classic car for sale and haggle them to death until they sell it cheap.

2. Get it cleaned up and add a bunch of bolt on parts, usually air bags/wheels/engine mods. Maybe paint.

3. Find a (planted) buyer to get haggled into paying too much for the car.

Add garage shenanigans.

Rinse/repeat.

I absolutely agree. It's a shop staffed by utter wankers, but the owner is unbearable. The whole program they have is total poo poo. Everything is set up, it's basically an American version of wheeler dealers but with inflated prices. (I hate wheeler dealers too.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

MonkeyNutZ posted:

Aren't Rogue the ones with the egregious health code violations like mold growing everywhere and birds in the building?

Definitely looks like they've got / had issues:

https://webcache.googleusercontent....n&ct=clnk&gl=us

http://www.nwlaborpress.org/2011/0617/6-17-11IBT.html

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]

SFH1989 posted:

As someone who thinks I should be able conceal carry everywhere I go this is some dumb loving logic. It's not going to make people agree with us, it just sounds stupid.

Combine it with being in the South and the flag bullshit and now it's all "omg states have no rights now! Muh states rights and muh guns!" I'm not drunk and haven't had my coffee to deal with this bullshit.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

So um yeah, this has been an interesting weekend so far. "Yay, it's Friday!" My fiance got paid so I was going to divy up the paycheck to pay off some bills and CC balances and wouldn't you know it, her bank account was cleared out by fraudsters. 10 Days ago. We only ever use this account for paying bills and CC balances so we don't check it much more often than once or twice every two weeks, I think the last time it was actually used for a debit transaction at a retailer was over 3 months ago. Turns out there were a bunch of ATM withdraws that occurred in two cities in India, all while her CC that's tied to the same account was still making purchase all over our hometown Winnipeg. How the hell their fraud protection crap didn't catch this or give us a call is just mindboggling. Thankfully the car payment went off before the fraudsters got their hands on the balance (and $300 + of overdraft) and yesterdays paycheck leaves us with enough to cover everything we need to for now.

They're doing the usual "investigation" and after some complaining the wait time went from 2+ weeks for it to be complete and the money refunded, to guaranteed 2-3 business days, so at least that's going for us.

Not a nice surprise for Friday night.

Slow is Fast
Dec 25, 2006

rollin in on the gently caress rogue bandwagon.

The IT ad, some other stuff, a couple reddit threads, yeah they are utter cunts and they wont be getting any of my business. I really liked their chipolte beer, but their business practices are enough to have me nope nope nope.

yay gays yay some other stuff

The roadkill and MCM combo should be fun, depending on the challenge. Roadkill has always struck me as guys who can hamfuck anything with a carb and th350 together but that's where it stops, where as the MCM guys can do ebay bolt ons but any hard fab stuff their friends guest for. The personalities are great but I'm curious to see how they'll do the technical side of things since there isn't much overlap.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Rhyno posted:

I posted this on Facebook and got threatened with an rear end kicking within 10 minutes.

Doing this now. Hahahahaha wow.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
I also worked there, in the brewery, for about six months. I was there when Brett fired a brewer in a company wide meeting with the words, "gently caress you [redacted], you're fired." I walked out of the meeting and called my old boss back, she offered me my job at $2 an hour more and I never worked another minute for those mother fuckers. During the same meeting, they fired everyone on the bottle line and made them beg for their jobs back. Oh, and that brewery is loving covered in black mold, especially around the glycol lines, because instead of spending money on a modern brewery, they make beer in a 100 year old warehouse 10 feet from the bay. To say the drainage in the building is bad is an understatement. I saw sewage backflow into the brewery more than once. Oh, and they brag at the end of the year about how many people they've fired. Seriously, they actually put it in the news letter. It's a shame, because as OP said, John is a pretty good brewer, and they do make a few good beers. Unfortunately, Brett and Jack don't even like beer and only care about marketing, so you see Dead Guy and not much else.

RillAkBea
Oct 11, 2008

Pompous Rhombus posted:

It's a '99 Mitsubishi Pajero Mini that I picked up from another foreigner for ¥100,000, or ~US$820 thanks to a weak yen.
I love the fact that old (for Japan at least) kei cars are cheap enough to be practically disposable. :allears: I had been thinking about buying a used Jimny on auctions just to abuse it but I had to move and my new apartment block doesn't have any extra parking spaces. :japan:

Pompous Rhombus posted:

Still not terribly smooth going from 1st to second (and sometimes third), but generally I'm doing OK and rather enjoying it.
I think that's mostly it just being a kei car, while I've not driven a manual one myself I have yet to ride in one that didn't jerk like an old carnival ride at almost every change.

Pompous Rhombus posted:

*He's nearing the end of his 1 year allowed on an International Permit, and as an American has to take a pretty demanding practical test to convert to a Japanese license.
The thing to understand about driving tests in Japan is it's not how good you are as a driver, it's how well you adhere to the rules of the test based on a shoddy model of "safe" driving. I have the dubious honor of being able to say I've passed the Japanese driving test twice. I originally got an auto only license from scratch and upgraded to manual later. I did try to upgrade at the license center without going back to driving school but I had already forgotten "how to drive" and after a few expensive failures I decided to just cough up the money for the short course at a driving school where I passed first time because the driving schools will pretty much just pass you because you paid them money unless you're an obvious danger to the public. While I don't think you can't take the test for license conversion at a driving school your friend still might wanna see about getting a practice lesson or two if he has trouble.

MrChips
Jun 10, 2005

FLIGHT SAFETY TIP: Fatties out first

Phone posted:

Unfortunately, Brett and Jack don't even like beer and only care about marketing, so you see Dead Guy and not much else.

Presumably that's just a name and doesn't in any way reflect the unsanitary and likely highly unsafe work environment at the brewery, right? :ohdear:

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug
For me Fast and Loud is about two things: old Fords, and watching highly experienced Texans lose their poo poo over surface rust that wouldn't even fail inspection here.

At one point I remember - and boy I hope this is scripted - they complain about rusted bolts on some old piece of poo poo they hauled out of a geezer's garage and the show cuts to a clip of one of their mechanics impacting the head of a bolt off. The camera zooms in and the bolt is one hundred percent dry. They didn't even try to spray it with something.

They should do a guest episode where they visit Sockington because that would be some Deliverance level poo poo. Boy you done brought yourself one purty truck (duelling angle grinders beat out a jingly tune).

Seat Safety Switch fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Jun 27, 2015

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Even my cheapskate company pays me at least $75k annually. Jesus, they really want a temp.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Yes please be all levels of support, support our network architecture, phones, and be on call 24/7 for idiots who dont understand google chrome...for less than 50k a year, because YOURE A CREATIVE REBEL WHO HATES THE STATUS QUO

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Minor annoyance of the day, works been enjoying shuffling my start times plus or minus an hour on random days based on who's on staff and it pissed me off when I get told i'm late because they changed the schedule and I didn't notice.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Ozmiander posted:

Owned a '84 with a 2.5/4 Speed. Was cheap as poo poo to buy, fix, and drive. Handled great, fit my 6'5" and (then) 300lb rear end fit in comfortably. Only real issue was the plastics in the dash warped badly with age.

You are like the only person I have ever seentalk positive about the Fiero, i'll be damned.

(That doesn't stop me from having a strange fascination with them, though. Always wanted to do a Northstar swap into one :v: )

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Mooseykins posted:

I absolutely agree. It's a shop staffed by utter wankers, but the owner is unbearable. The whole program they have is total poo poo. Everything is set up, it's basically an American version of wheeler dealers but with inflated prices. (I hate wheeler dealers too.)

Wheeler Dealers is absolutely hilarious though. :confused:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Even though it's scripted to hell and back I still like Fast n Loud. Wheeler Dealers is awesome.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
I would happily watch an hour of 'Edd China fixes a few problems with this car' but I find Mike Brewer so irritating I can't bring myself to watch it.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Man, am I the only one who gets really sketched out by people cutting the double yellow on corners? Almost clipped a motorcyclist head on earlier because he was leaning over the center line and came super close to hitting my mirror :/

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Mooseykins posted:

I like wheeler dealers minus Mike. Edd really is quite the creative genius, if any one has looked up his works. Fastest couch, and office furniture that is road legal. There's a top gear where he made a James Bond car out of an old Rover, its pretty neat.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Roomie just picked up a 2013 Focus. Now we can drink beer and clean our cars every weekend and bro out. The girl is giving me some new make-up brushes so I can clean the cracks and vents. Anyone have anyluck with those back-to-black body trim restorers? Just bought some to try it out.

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

T1g4h posted:

Man, am I the only one who gets really sketched out by people cutting the double yellow on corners? Almost clipped a motorcyclist head on earlier because he was leaning over the center line and came super close to hitting my mirror :/

Sounds like someone needs to be educated about :airquote: motorcycle awareness :airquote:

Why can't you share the road brah?

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

Geoj posted:

Sounds like someone needs to be educated about :airquote: motorcycle awareness :airquote:

Why can't you share the road brah?

Because I need all of the road for my super fat land yacht obviously :v:

I try to be super polite to motorcyclists and give them tons of space but poo poo like that scares the hell out of me.

Not singling out bikers either, i've come close to hitting cars doing the same thing. It's terrifying.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

My brother meet Mike Brewer and said he's honestly the nicest guy you'll meet. Complimented his mates car and asked sensible questions about mods. I still can't stand watching him on tv though.

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

T1g4h posted:

Because I need all of the road for my super fat land yacht obviously :v:

I try to be super polite to motorcyclists and give them tons of space but poo poo like that scares the hell out of me.

Not singling out bikers either, i've come close to hitting cars doing the same thing. It's terrifying.

Being on a motorcycle and having a car drift over the line towards you is also scary.

But I've noticed that trend beyond just double yellows. People are especially bad at making turns through intersections and almost hitting my bumper. Why is it that people always seem to try to take the earliest apex they can find?

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Roomie just picked up a 2013 Focus. Now we can drink beer and clean our cars every weekend and bro out. The girl is giving me some new make-up brushes so I can clean the cracks and vents. Anyone have anyluck with those back-to-black body trim restorers? Just bought some to try it out.

It works on some plastics, not at all on others. Try a heatgun if it doesn't work for you.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Ozmiander posted:

It works on some plastics, not at all on others. Try a heatgun if it doesn't work for you.

I've got some tatty looking plastics on the miata I need to try this on. I think some youtubing is in my future for how to not gently caress this up.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Cakefool posted:

My brother meet Mike Brewer and said he's honestly the nicest guy you'll meet. Complimented his mates car and asked sensible questions about mods. I still can't stand watching him on tv though.

I think they just amp him up to much for TV. Though it sounds like he does know his way around a car more than most dealers/salesmen do.

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

corn in the fridge posted:

Wheeler Dealers is absolutely hilarious though. :confused:

No. It's awful and i hate it.

In other news, i got my van remapped. It's now ridiculous and makes for an even better sleeper.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Deeters posted:

But I've noticed that trend beyond just double yellows. People are especially bad at making turns through intersections and almost hitting my bumper. Why is it that people always seem to try to take the earliest apex they can find?
Because people are loving incompetent lazy bastards. I am always having people seem like they're trying to take my front bumper off coming across me at junctions. Move the drat wheel more than an eighth of a turn.

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
I am allergic to cats.

My wife has finally broken me down with cute kitten pictures and the fact that her coworker can't keep them any more and the shelter will kill them please save the cuteness.

It is one goddamned cute catte though. :3:

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

Mooseykins posted:

No. It's awful and i hate it.

In other news, i got my van remapped. It's now ridiculous and makes for an even better sleeper.

Wheeler Dealers gets insanely better of you pretend the little guy is del boy and the mechanic guy is a very lucid Rodney

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

InitialDave posted:

Because people are loving incompetent lazy bastards. I am always having people seem like they're trying to take my front bumper off coming across me at junctions. Move the drat wheel more than an eighth of a turn.

This. I've done just over 4,000 miles in the last 3 weeks. I've never run into so many incomepent and dangerous total loving morons.

Wheeler Dealers gets insanely better of you pretend the little guy is del boy and the mechanic guy is a very lucid Rodney

If it was like that, it would be excellent. However, it is not. I miss Only Fools, that was some funny poo poo.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

I'd rather have a Boycie and Trigger...

Mooseykins
Aug 9, 2013

Fuuuuck youuuuu sluuuut!

InitialDave posted:

I'd rather have a Boycie and Trigger...

Boycie and Marlene should be potential buyers.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Just used the trim restorer and I see what you mean. Ran the car through the wash and it looks like poo poo on the black bumper trim but looks good on the window trim.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

QuarkMartial posted:

I am allergic to cats.

My wife has finally broken me down with cute kitten pictures and the fact that her coworker can't keep them any more and the shelter will kill them please save the cuteness.

It is one goddamned cute catte though. :3:

Dont do it man. Living in allergy hell isnt worth any cat

Huge_Midget
Jun 6, 2002

I don't like the look of it...

PaintVagrant posted:

Dont do it man. Living in allergy hell isnt worth any cat

:mediocre:

Look how wrong this opinion is. Cats are the best.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

briefcasefullof
Sep 25, 2004
[This Space for Rent]
We'll see how it goes. She's been wanting one for years and said this one would be an outdoor cat once it got big enough. I don't know how I feel about that.

Been doing some reading. My allergies aren't too extreme and many people are saying that they went away after a while. Right now I'm popping Claritin and going to see how it goes.

E: I couldn't say no and let this guy go to a kill shelter.

briefcasefullof fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jun 27, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Grrr, it looks like the nicer of the local cinemas is only listing the new Terminator movie in 3D. Will have to see if that's true, or just a wrinkle in their booking system.

• Locked thread