Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

mind the walrus posted:

My god this was overdue for Spider-Woman. So very very very overdue.

Amazing cosplay. Sexy, professional, in-character outfit. Aside from nitpicks what's not to love?

The glasses make her look like she's wearing one of the old timey fake glasses and fake nose items?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Davros1 posted:

The glasses make her look like she's wearing one of the old timey fake glasses and fake nose items?

She's gotta conceal her identity somehow. :v:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Davros1 posted:

Picking nits. Although as far as nits go that is the biggest by far. I've already seen some artists that make the red part huge and awkward-looking.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

mind the walrus posted:

Here's a good example of how bad she used to look, along with a helpful explanation of how she's related to Spider-Man:

2/10, her upper torso isn't rotated 120 degrees and I don't see a single god drat pouch. The +1 is for the quality backstory.

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

titties posted:

2/10, her upper torso isn't rotated 120 degrees and I don't see a single god drat pouch. The +1 is for the quality backstory.
This was almost a variant cover until people complained and Marvel cancelled it

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

AlmightyBob posted:

This was almost a variant cover until people complained and Marvel cancelled it

I don't see the problem. This is a very spider-like pose.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
An attempt as made to recreate that pose.

That's probably body paint by the look of it.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

Pershing
Feb 21, 2010

John "Black Jack" Pershing
Hard Fucking Core

No glue pot in hand, too much sanity in the glare, 4/10.

(Its actually pretty good)

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Jesus I didn't notice the bruise work at first. That's some attention to detail.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

I'm still not joining ISIS.

VincentPrice
Jun 26, 2009

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I don't see the problem. This is a very spider-like pose.

Spider-Man is drawn in poses like that all the time though.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 23 hours!
Illegal Hen
But usually Spider-Man's poses are not purposely sexual in nature.
Unless you're into that.
I'm not going to judge you if you masturbate to Spider-Man.

Honestly I found the whole debacle laughable. If you don't want your Spider-Woman comics drawn in sexy poses, don't hire a guy world renowned for drawing erotic comics.

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

Android Bicyclist posted:

But usually Spider-Man's poses are not purposely sexual in nature.

Oops, looks like you're wrong. Literally the same pose.

hooah
Feb 6, 2006
WTF?
Android Bicyclist did say usually, so until someone does a comprehensive inventory of Spider-Man poses, I'm inclined to agree.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

n/m

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

VincentPrice
Jun 26, 2009
Every single panel is him swinging spread-eagle through New York City on a long string of spider jizz while wearing form-fitting spandex. And now I'm going to shut up about it in the cosplay thread.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

im spider womans foot-deep butt cleavage

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
More sexy spider-man cosplay please.

edit: It's for a friend.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

grumplestiltzkin posted:

You tipped your hand.

CJacobs posted:

More sexy spider-man cosplay please.

edit: It's for a friend.

Googling "Sexy Spider-Man Cosplay" brings up around 10 ladies for every one dude. Wonder why that is?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

mind the walrus posted:

You tipped your hand.

Googling "Sexy Spider-Man Cosplay" brings up around 10 ladies for every one dude. Wonder why that is?

Titty Kitty? Need more context....(just kidding im sure its something dumb)

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Gender-swapped Kraven the Hunter, an extremely 1960s supervillain who fans love to death because he had one pretty good story in the 80s and his design is very iconic:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

grumplestiltzkin posted:

Not just Spider-Man.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

mind the walrus posted:

Gender-swapped Kraven the Hunter, an extremely 1960s supervillain who fans love to death because he had one pretty good story in the 80s and his design is very iconic:

I always forget to think of it from the genderswap angle and like an idiot I thought the mustache was just a touch of sillyness. I actually do know of Kraven.

TittyKitty is better though.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah but now you're just describing Black Cat.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

mind the walrus posted:

I'm curious what his great story is. I just know him from the 90s cartoon.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's only pretty good. There's a reason it doesn't get mentioned alongside The Dark Knight Returns and Watchmen, nor you get any fans clamoring for an adaptation of it for a movie.

It's called Kraven's Last Hunt.

At the time it was meant to be a final song to a villain who was hilariously out-of-date even in the late 80s. Kraven's whole premise was that he was a Soviet Big Game Hunter who didn't really have superpowers (at first, they gave him some generic "super-strength/super-senses" serum at some point), he was just an exceptional trainer/hunter/survivalist and wanted to hunt Spider-Man "because pride." Kraven's Last Hunt was thus meant to be taking Kraven's gimmick to its most extreme 80s conclusion with all the awkward dark art and wannabe-Miller first-person narration you'd expect:

As you can tell, the idea is that Kraven got fed-up with getting his rear end beaten by Spider-man and decided to go on one "last hunt" to prove his superiority. He does this by basically using a tranquilizer to sucker-shot Spider-man, kicking the poo poo out of him, then burying him alive and running around in his costume for a while. If anyone wants to :goonsay: about this, this is during the period after Peter got rid of the symbiote black suit and ran around wearing a cloth costume version of it for a while until Venom showed up. Anyway Kraven goes "too far", injures a bunch of thugs in a now-standard Batman way and imprisons some Z-list Spider-man villain named Vermin in an electric cage. Spider-Man gets out of the grave, and Kraven gives up by going "ok cool I'm glad you're back I proved I'm better kthxbye" and then kills himself with a shotgun.

This was undone, because comics, but at the time all of this was novel and piggybacking on existing trends so it was well-received. To give you some context for how it was received, this is from Kevin Smith's late-90s Daredevil run back when Kevin Smith was kind-of hot poo poo and actually brought back Daredevil from semi-obscurity after Frank Miller left:

That's the kind-of fan this story appealed to and the legacy it left behind.

It also had decent cover art with that reasonably iconic shot of Spider-man in the grave.

Literally nothing else involving Kraven as the main antagonist has ever been even remotely memorable.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Hi, as an actual straight woman I would like to inform you that Spider Man with his rear end in the air is not a sexy pose.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Thanks mind the walrus that was really good.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
What's going on with Daredevil there? Kraven only has guns for suicide purposes? Is that Mysterio he's fighting? Cause that's a really one sided matchup.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Dr_Amazing posted:

What's going on with Daredevil there? Kraven only has guns for suicide purposes? Is that Mysterio he's fighting? Cause that's a really one sided matchup.

Kevin Smith, kind-of since Kraven uses a tranq. rifle at other points in the story, and Kevin Smith.

That suicide was also undone, because comics.

I found the last two issues of Kevin Smith's run and all of Kraven's Last Hunt on imgur if you're willing to dig around. I expect they'll be taken down sooner rather than later so if you really really care you can find out.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Android Bicyclist posted:

If you don't want your Spider-Woman comics drawn in sexy poses, don't hire a guy world renowned for drawing erotic comics.

Yeah, because the people who dislike Spider-Woman being drawn in absurd, impossible poses for the sake of "sexiness" are totally the people who make hiring decisions about artists for comics.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

It's nice to have the second-worst derail in a thread for once.

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011

Organza Quiz posted:

Yeah, because the people who dislike Spider-Woman being drawn in absurd, impossible poses for the sake of "sexiness" are totally the people who make hiring decisions about artists for comics.

I wonder why nobody has filled the female comic book readers market it's like millions of dollars are just being refused to be collected. :smugjones:

Eh close enough:

I mean, we'd never see spiderman in any abnormal poses right?...

Bean posted:

Hi, as an actual straight woman I would like to inform you that Spider Man with his rear end in the air is not a sexy pose.
I´m glad you voiced your concerns, but as a man of questionable sexuality I disagree.

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011
Not enough cosplay going on:

Samuel has a new favorite as of 09:25 on Jun 28, 2015

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Hey Spiderman, my eyes are up...wait...poo poo.

This just makes me want to see Micronauts cosplay. :(

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Bean posted:

Don't bother Bean. It's cosplay-town.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Samuel posted:

I wonder why nobody has filled the female comic book readers market it's like millions of dollars are just being refused to be collected. :smugjones:

Eh close enough:

I mean, we'd never see spiderman in any abnormal poses right?...

I´m glad you voiced your concerns, but as a man of questionable sexuality I disagree.

dont burn urself on those takes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Samuel posted:

Not enough cosplay going on:

Okey dokey

• Locked thread