Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Darthemed posted:

b]Ripley's[/b]

Someone else noted itt that Richard Gibson of Lafayette, LA submits an awful lot of things to Ripley's. Curiosity got the better of me this morning, and a quick search revealed this:

(somewhat :nms:, if a jar full of toenail clippings squicks you out)
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/23/richard-gibson-toenails_n_5700494.html

quote:

He is a longtime fan of Ripley's Believe It Or Not! who has submitted 70,000 weird facts for inclusion in the popular column.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Platte, South Dakota has 1,230 people in it. Save for an outright tie, I don't get how an election that size could possibly be too close to call.

Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Lost Side of Suburbia

Dick Tracy

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Oh my gosh. A funny Family Circus. What next?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

The Sphinxster posted:

Oh my gosh. A funny Family Circus. What next?
A Little Billy miniature in Warhammer 40K to complete the crossover.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I'm sure someone in TradG would make one if asked.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

While I agree that there is a problem with education systems valuing rote memorization over critical and applied thinking, I don't think the best way to approach the issue is by accepting the problem and focusing on enjoying the times when it stops.

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Wanamingo posted:

Platte, South Dakota has 1,230 people in it. Save for an outright tie, I don't get how an election that size could possibly be too close to call.

That's exactly what happened.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

The Phantom

Frog and Toad
Jul 31, 2008

Third Murderer posted:

I really love the idea of some unfortunate kid getting a whole, uncooked beet for lunch for some reason.

raw beets are pretty tasty but you have to peel them first :chef:

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Modesty Blaise

Coming next, Reppo's worst night ever.

Frog and Toad
Jul 31, 2008

Jean-Paul and Paul-Jean :neckbeard:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set lives the high life.

Working Daze dreams a little dream.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix has a moneymaking formula.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
Reply All

Pearls Before Swine

Pros & Cons

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

9 Chickweed Lane 6/28/2004

Zits

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Outland

Second row, first panel: "Hello?! Madam Planet? Can you hear me?"

Ripley's

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

If I was at home right now I'd replace that rock with a dead body, and I'm disappointed that no one's done so yet.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Peanuts attacks the encroachment of urban blight. (June 30, 1968)

Because you knew that not everything could go your way this week, it's the return of gently caress You, Les Moore!

Classic Popeye Sunday, in which Swee'Pea loves all the dumb animals. (January 4, 1948)

Pogo (April 7, 1968)

Out Our Way (June 3-4, 1927)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Paavo Nurmi is a Finn distance-running legend.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

EasyEW posted:

Because you knew that not everything could go your way this week, it's the return of gently caress You, Les Moore!

I feel like this is the closest Bautik's ever gotten to self-awareness.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Awww... :smith:

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

The Outland collection book has author's/editor's notes under a few strips and this one's worth posting I think.

Trivia note: I wrote this entire strip as a scene in the 1990 CBS holiday production of A Wish For Wings That Work. We were going over the scene in storyboards with producer Steven Spielberg on the set of Hook when Robin Williams--in full Peter Pan costume--wandered by, took a peek at the dialogue and started playing the kiwi role. "Acting out" the role would be more precise. The cast was in proverbial stitches and we recorded Williams--unofficially and uncredited--that night. Dustin Hoffman came in to read the cockroach's single line. He read it--I'm quite serious--48 times to get it right. Go find the show. Yo now know the Big Secret. There's lots more.--BB

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

FebrezeNinja posted:

The Outland collection book has author's/editor's notes under a few strips and this one's worth posting I think.

Trivia note: I wrote this entire strip as a scene in the 1990 CBS holiday production of A Wish For Wings That Work. We were going over the scene in storyboards with producer Steven Spielberg on the set of Hook when Robin Williams--in full Peter Pan costume--wandered by, took a peek at the dialogue and started playing the kiwi role. "Acting out" the role would be more precise. The cast was in proverbial stitches and we recorded Williams--unofficially and uncredited--that night. Dustin Hoffman came in to read the cockroach's single line. He read it--I'm quite serious--48 times to get it right. Go find the show. Yo now know the Big Secret. There's lots more.--BB

Here's the scene in question
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF2G8ewZpPM

Anyone saw "Inside Out"? Richard "Cul de Sac" Thompson's name is in the credits; apparently he did some character designs to it years ago. Not sure which one he specifically did, although I suspect it's Bing Bong.

Patrick McDonnell of "Mutts", incidentally, also did some development art for Pixar's "Up", too.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

Sunday Phantom is just plain fierce

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

Mister Kingdom posted:

Close to Home

For this comic, that's funny.

Probably because it's old
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/1994-08-14/features/1994226072_1_gogh-ear-game-inventors

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Last catch-up day for Thimble Theater! We're still counting the days until the world changes! (January 12 and 14, 1929)

If you're curious, Olive and Castor's parents are Cole Oyl and Nana Oil.

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person
Modesty Blaise

He's getting off easy.

VictorGrunn
Feb 15, 2004
Ye Guilty

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze dreams a little dream.

Alright. So what exactly is the desk situation there? That looks like something that'd make you seasick to work on.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

That's awfully considerate of Edda to provide a huge, wobbly vibrato for her guests.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

VictorGrunn posted:

Alright. So what exactly is the desk situation there? That looks like something that'd make you seasick to work on.

It's a really weird-rear end desk that she thinks is some sort of status symbol because of how unique it is.

God, why do I know that? What have you people done to me!? :gonk:

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Oh jesus christ, that Judge parker.

WHAT DO YOU HAVE AGAINST THE AMERICAN WORKER?! YOU..YOU THOUGHT CRIMINAL!

Man, I want this dude to just tell her to gently caress off. If she can get brand new ones for 4k or whatever, then tell her to just go do that.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

BlankIsBeautiful posted:

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wasn't this the plot of part of Uzumaki? Living hair?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

We're talking about skidmarks here, right? The ever-classy and erudite Brooke McEldowney just made a poop joke at me?

The Amazing Spider-Man

Ok, who was it who theorized that we'd soon see an epic battle between a dummy Hobgoblin and a blow-up Spidey? Because hells bells, it looks like you were on to something.

Sally Forth

Be Nice, Eve

Middle panel totally looks like she's giving the double deuce.

Prince Valiant

Phantom Classic

Big Ben Bolt

I do enjoy Ape's antics. Too bad it feels like this storyline is going to wrap up before much longer.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

You don't. Hope this helps.

Secret Agent X-9

Well perhaps you could have mentioned that before.

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Jun 29, 2015

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
"Sell me your soul".

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

i don't know why, but this is really funny

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I noticed we hadn't seen A3G for a while and I looked it up and they've spent A SOLID MONTH with a chat between the blonde and the redhead about how one of them's going to sell up and get out of new york.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
This is it, people we finally made it to camp!
Cul-de-sac

Poptropica

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankIsBeautiful
Apr 4, 2008

Feeling a little inadequate?
Jane's World

Here we go on the "blood for oil" rant.

Non Sequitur

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Awesome Band Name = Singing Death Pixies

Kliban

:v:

9 Chickweed Lane 6/29/2004

Zits

Kevin & Kell

I mean, I understand it and all, but it's still really, really, really dumb.

• Locked thread