Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

N is for Nipples posted:

I'm gonna give up on giving up and send you what I guarantee will be the shittiest car in your whole field. If I can figure it out.

You're gonna have to try hard to beat my entry. I am spectacularly bad at the game, but having fun anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

blk posted:

Maaco would do it for 400 but she already told me no Maaco :(

Haha. Guess you're gonna have to shell out some money to keep the wifey happy. Sometimes you just gotta suck it up to keep the peace, small price to pay honestly unless you're completely broke or something. Just get it fixed so what little of your sex life stays intact :v:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

drat I'm never gonna live that poo poo down huh? I know I am a super rear end in a top hat and all but poo poo.

I wonder if I can get away with tinting my tiny rear windows darker than allowed. 35% is the legal limit here but I had 20% on the rear windows and rear windshield on the SS/SC and never had a problem passing inspection or by the cops. The car also had 20% on the front windows but the inspection shop told me to rip them off and come back.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I only roll with double 5s on the windshield, that's why I installed these sick HIDS I got on ebay it was the only way I could see.

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese

Motherfucker.

So, how was your day?

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Tide posted:

having the weirdest feeling in my chest. You know that feeling where your heart drops on being surprised or shocked? i'm having that a little too often just watching TV. doesn't happen until i'm sitting down and not really doing much.

i really need to go get a check up...

Sounds like anxiety/panic attack. I get them quite often. Just relax, try to do some meditation, etc.

Talk to some one if you need to.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

14 INCH SLIT posted:

I only roll with double 5s on the windshield, that's why I installed these sick HIDS I got on ebay it was the only way I could see.

The SS/SC also had tinted tail lights when I bought it. I literally could not reverse at night without rolling down my window. Looked cool but in no way practical.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
So I got a shirt from mom and dad in the mail unannounced

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese
Thats a hell of a shirt.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Super Aggro Crag posted:

drat I'm never gonna live that poo poo down huh? I know I am a super rear end in a top hat and all but poo poo.

I wonder if I can get away with tinting my tiny rear windows darker than allowed. 35% is the legal limit here but I had 20% on the rear windows and rear windshield on the SS/SC and never had a problem passing inspection or by the cops. The car also had 20% on the front windows but the inspection shop told me to rip them off and come back.

No. No you will not ever live that down. Mostly because you bragged about being a dick. :colbert: There's been plenty of poo poo that a lot of us have had to deal with for a long time though. Just look at Tusen Takk's "My Little Tupperware" threads. :haw: (though that was more due to him just being immature)

(just a hint for whoever gets SAC for secret santa this year, send some massive splash guards...)

If the windows can't roll down, it's a lot harder for both cops and inspectors to verify, since they generally use a clamp-on light meter to verify how dark tint is. There's other ways to test, but they take a lot more work.

Is 35% the legal limit on all windows there?

Technically I'm rolling dirty; my front windows are probably 35% from what I can tell (if not lighter), rears are a bit darker. State law states the windshield can't be tinted only with a doctor's order (aside from a strip at the top), front side windows can be as dark as 25%, rear side windows can be blacked out completely, and if you have side mirrors on both sides, the rear window can be as dark as you want as well. State law also states you have to have a sticker between the tint and glass on the front drivers side door stating the tint complies with whatever standard. No grandfather clause.

The previous owner of my car had the windows tinted - and it was before they moved to Texas, so that sticker doesn't exist. Nobody said anything about the lack of sticker yet. If they do, gently caress it, I'll just pull the fuse and say "they don't roll up". There's no law on the books stating I need any windows on the car, not even a windshield (but I do have to have windshield wipers), but the tint on the fronts really isn't that dark (I'd guess 35-40% VLT). I don't know what the hell tint they used, but whenever I re-tint it, I want to find the same tint - I've had the car for over 2 1/2 years, and it shows no signs of fading, bubbling, etc. The tint was far from new when I got the car (I honestly suspect it was installed by the original dealer, so the tint could potentially be nearly 10 years old); the cheapest tint would have bubbled and gone purple within 1-2 years, and even good tint would have started fading since I purchased the car.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

The SS/SC also had tinted tail lights when I bought it. I literally could not reverse at night without rolling down my window. Looked cool but in no way practical.

I have the same issue on the Ion - without tinting on the lights. It's a mix of the steep rake on the rear window, the dark tint on the back (I'd say it's 15-20% if I had to guess), and the spoiler. I have to roll down the windows and stick my head out to safely back up at night in a dark area.

... I've actually looked into sticking HIDs into my reverse lights for this very reason (also so I can be a dick and install a switch to turn them on when some jackass is riding my rear end in the right lane when I'm already going 15 over on the highway, and they don't get the hint when I start slowing down, with the lanes to the left open), but HID bulbs won't physically fit into the housing (too long).

Tide posted:

having the weirdest feeling in my chest. You know that feeling where your heart drops on being surprised or shocked? i'm having that a little too often just watching TV. doesn't happen until i'm sitting down and not really doing much.

Like BK said, it could "just" be anxiety (which I'd argue can be more mentally stressful than an actual physical issue), but yeah, get a checkup ASAP. I walked into an ER a couple of months ago because my chest was feeling really weird (kind of tight, was having trouble catching my breath too), and they went "ohshi" and stuck me into the step-down ICU with telemetry (wireless heart monitor strapped to my chest, holy gently caress removing those pads SUCKS when you're as hairy as I am) for about 4 days.

Wasn't a fun way to find out that I'd been ignoring my cholesterol meds a bit too much. My blood pressure was around 190/150 when I was admitted, IIRC. The upside is that hospital actually has really good food (including salmon!), and decent wifi - when I showed up, I brought my backpack in, since it had all of my meds and a list of my meds... just happened to have my laptop in it too, so I could at least shitpost while I was stuck in there. I was on my way to class when I started feeling off, and I was only a mile or so from that hospital..

Hopefully it's anxiety. :ohdear: Didn't mean to scare you, just relating how my experience went.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

I am fully aware that I am a dick. It is a well known fact. Sometimes I wonder if I am a pychopath. Dennis is my favorite character on It's Always Sunny though.

Here MA it is 35% all around and 6" down on the windshield.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Only a psycho would say Dennis instead of Cricket.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I think we allow 3-4" down from the top. I'm not entirely sure, and frankly don't really care - every car I've owned has had factory tinting in that spot anyway.

I consider myself a complete rear end in a top hat, and really don't care to change for anybody (I'm your best friend if I consider you a friend and will literally give you the clothes off of my back; I generally ignore you if I dislike you, and actively go out of my way to piss you off if you piss me off bad enough). Though when I was in the hospital a few months ago, they asked me why I went off of my schizophrenic meds. :stonklol: I've never been diagnosed with any mental issues beyond major depression. Apparently the company that owns that hospital also owns the county mental health hospital, which I got a 72 hour stay in several years ago during a rough patch that had me really depressed (was talking about it with a friend, she called 911, and you can imagine how the rest went). I did a literal "whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?!" when the counselor at the hospital said "schizo" a few months ago.

... I was rather impressed that a cop car had leather seats, though it was one of the horrible mid 00s Impalas that DPD briefly experimented with. Guessing detective car, since no cage, miles were pretty low on it (10k, 2 years old), did I mention leather seats, and both cops were more than happy to discuss how much they hated the Impalas compared to the Crown Vics. The only positive thing they had to say about it was it could go a lot further on a tank of gas (FWD V6 unibody vs RWD V8 body on frame).

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Jun 28, 2015

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

I made the worst delivery tonight. It starts with the phone call. Old lady who liked to chat waaay too much. A bit annoying but we were slow so whatever. I get to her house. Front shrubbery is completely overgrown. The mailbox is about a foot deep in a Holly bush, front porch nearly inaccessible, etc. Warning sign one. I knock on the door and hear her yell that she's on the way to the door. It takes s couple of minutes but that's not uncommon for older folks with limited mobility.

Then she opens the door and I see why. She's living in an episode of hoarders. Stuff packed everywhere. Barely any way to move. She insists I come in so her cat won't get out and like an idiot I do. The whole house smells like poo poo. It's a foul loving odor that's still in my shirt and I'm not sure it's going to come out. Then I notice the roaches. loving roaches crawling all over everything, even the walker she had used to get to the door.

I puked in her yard on the way out and now I'm not sure what to do. All I can think to do is call the police non emergency line and ask them to do a welfare check on her. She clearly needs help. :ohdear:

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Liquid Communism posted:

You're gonna have to try hard to beat my entry. I am spectacularly bad at the game, but having fun anyway.

My Vulva 420 Wagon with the I-barely-tried flatplane V8 and didn't-even-touch suspension is sure to cut some blisteringly quick laps.

Get on Steam so we can discuss our wedding plans. There's a mobile version too, y'know!

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Not as long as you keep posting like you do (generally without sincerity and mostly just bitching about bad decisions you've made and their repercussions).

And if I've learned anything about you (without really wanting to TBH), you are exactly the kind of guy that will get hosed for not following the law on tinting, but you're going to do it anyway because you're pretty dumb and then when you get caught you'll post about it at least twice here and it'll be something like:

Super Aggro Crag posted:

loving cops must have known I had just spent my last five dollars before my next paycheck, they ticketed me for my tint. I see people driving around with dark tint all of the time, why does this have to happen to me, I'm just gonna smoke an L. And why does meatpimp keep ignoring me I just want to splash him with love so much

That went to a weirder place than I meant for it to BUT THERE IS NO TURNING BACK NOW

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Great Beer posted:

I made the worst delivery tonight. It starts with the phone call. Old lady who liked to chat waaay too much. A bit annoying but we were slow so whatever. I get to her house. Front shrubbery is completely overgrown. The mailbox is about a foot deep in a Holly bush, front porch nearly inaccessible, etc. Warning sign one. I knock on the door and hear her yell that she's on the way to the door. It takes s couple of minutes but that's not uncommon for older folks with limited mobility.

Then she opens the door and I see why. She's living in an episode of hoarders. Stuff packed everywhere. Barely any way to move. She insists I come in so her cat won't get out and like an idiot I do. The whole house smells like poo poo. It's a foul loving odor that's still in my shirt and I'm not sure it's going to come out. Then I notice the roaches. loving roaches crawling all over everything, even the walker she had used to get to the door.

I puked in her yard on the way out and now I'm not sure what to do. All I can think to do is call the police non emergency line and ask them to do a welfare check on her. She clearly needs help. :ohdear:

I would do exactly that - call the non-emergency number, explain what you saw as a delivery driver, but tell them you wish to remain anonymous and would prefer it if she didn't find out the call came from the pizza guy, ask them to mention it came from a concerned neighbor or something like that. I've had to call the police on customers before - either because they were doing something blatantly stupid (2 guys smoking crack, AND offering me crack, with a toddler in diapers crawling around the floor, no furniture beyond a couch in the apartment), or because I was concerned (usually because I hear a neighbor fighting with their spouse, or smoke alarms going off in the house next door, that kind of thing, but I've also called in situations where it's obvious the person can't care for themselves).

I very rarely enter a customer's home - I will for regulars, one of the only times I've entered a non-regular's house was when he was also mobility-limited. And holy poo poo, it was gross - he was living in a converted garage in his mother's house, with the room full of piss jugs, and a bathtub next to the bed. I couldn't call the police on that one, since his mother was obviously doing everything she could for him, and he was refusing to give up smoking (he was already speaking through a voice box). Not roach gross, at least (roaches send me running out the door screaming like a little girl), but it was pretty disgusting.

Pizza Hut corporate policy is to never enter a customer's home, but I will as long as they're not a first time customer (if they are, you get the "*** NEW CUSTOMER ***" warning on your ticket, and at least on the older FMS system we run in my store, the address is reverse highlighted on the dispatch terminal until someone "confirms" it - can't be dispatched until confirmed - and it gets a N in the leftmost column) and they need help carrying everything in. I'm on a first name basis with several customers, so I don't mind taking everything inside, as long as they don't have an ankle biter (the big dogs don't bother me, they're usually just looking for a treat or some scratches - it's the tiny ones that scare me).

I've worked in enough call centers to know how to deal with the Chatty Kathy's - I tell them I've really enjoyed talking to them, I'll apologize, and I'll say I have other lines on hold, and I really don't want to keep them waiting. Or if they're super chatty at the door, I'll BS for a couple of minutes, then say the same (except replacing "lines on hold" with "orders in the car").

N is for Nipples posted:

Get on Steam so we can discuss our wedding plans. There's a mobile version too, y'know!

Been on Steam for nearly 2 hours now. :colbert:

e: poo poo, it defaulted to "show offline"

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Jun 28, 2015

Tide
Mar 27, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Sounds like anxiety/panic attack. I get them quite often. Just relax, try to do some meditation, etc.

Talk to some one if you need to.

I don't think it's a panic attack or anything like that. Thankfully, i really don't have much stress. Less so than usual actually. I notice it when I am not doing anything at all. It's like I'm forgetting to breathe and it kind of catches up with me. As best as I can describe it, my heart is beating normally ba dum bump ba dum bump ba dum bump bA DUMP BUMP ba dum bump

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I know I am a super rear end in a top hat and all but poo poo.

I wonder if I can get away with tinting my tiny rear windows darker than allowed.

:colbert:

I rest my case. Who wants to start the pool on the next chapter of this soap opera?

Goober Peas fucked around with this message at 14:07 on Jun 28, 2015

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Goober Peas posted:

I rest my case.

I don't have a problem with tinted windows. There really is no "safety" reason to regulate them... other than simple outward visibility.

I think down to about 20% is reasonable in the front, and whatever you want in the back. If panel vans are legal, then welp.

However, tinting the windshield is always stupid. And the Juke I bought last year was the dumbest thing I've ever seen... 5% all around. Including over the ALREADY TINTED rears. The loving thing was impossible to see out of, even during sunny days. I don't know what the gently caress.

Gingerbread House Music
Dec 1, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

some texas redneck posted:

No. No you will not ever live that down. Mostly because you bragged about being a dick. :colbert: There's been plenty of poo poo that a lot of us have had to deal with for a long time though. Just look at Tusen Takk's "My Little Tupperware" threads. :haw: (though that was more due to him just being immature)

Maybe you shouldn't throw stones, since you proudly posted about driving home drunk and pinballing off jersey barriers.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Yowch.

In other news, you guys talking about nukes and power plants... well, that ain't got nothing on >10 Magnitude earthquakes: http://voices.nationalgeographic.com/2010/03/04/asteroid_terminated_dinosaur_era_in_days/

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Goober Peas posted:

I rest my case. Who wants to start the pool on the next chapter of this soap opera?

Rent's due on Wednesday.

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Phone posted:

Rent's due on Wednesday.

Phone on Wednesday. I'm taking Monday because Phone is assuming he pays within the grace period.

Zeppelin Insanity
Oct 28, 2009

Wahnsinn
Einfach
Wahnsinn
I'm generally not against tinting rear windows in sedans and such, but extreme tint on SUVs or wagons can go gently caress itself. I'd like to see the road when I'm reversing out of a perpendicular parking space.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Zeppelin Insanity posted:

I'm generally not against tinting rear windows in sedans and such, but extreme tint on SUVs or wagons can go gently caress itself. I'd like to see the road when I'm reversing out of a perpendicular parking space.

I hate it as a motorcycle rider, because I can't see their head when splitting. And it's almost always an rear end in a top hat with super dark tint who decides to try and crush me.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I have 4 different grades of tint on my car. 35% on the front doors, 5% on the quarter window, 20% on the rear window and whatever came factory on the top of the windshield. Im guessing 50% or 75%.

I was worried about the differences being noticeable but they're really not. My tint guy probably hated me. :thumbsup:

Cage fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jun 28, 2015

FatCow
Apr 22, 2002
I MAP THE FUCK OUT OF PEOPLE

Tide posted:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/premature-ventricular-contractions/basics/definition/con-20030205

I get them if I don't sleep enough or drink too much caffeine.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Gotta fix little bro's radio again today if it stops pouring. All the metal behind the car radio surface rusts. Last time I drilled a hole far away from all that for a ground and rubbed some vaseline on it. Lasted like a year this time. :bang:

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

meatpimp posted:

I don't have a problem with tinted windows. There really is no "safety" reason to regulate them... other than simple outward visibility.

I think down to about 20% is reasonable in the front, and whatever you want in the back. If panel vans are legal, then welp.

However, tinting the windshield is always stupid. And the Juke I bought last year was the dumbest thing I've ever seen... 5% all around. Including over the ALREADY TINTED rears. The loving thing was impossible to see out of, even during sunny days. I don't know what the gently caress.

I have no beef :haw: with tinted windows as much as using teh interwebs as a supplement to a broken ethical/sensible compass. My advice - one shouldn't actively look for trouble when living on a razor's edge. One also shouldn't ask for advice to justify a decision that is clearly already made and contrary to logic. Don't piss and moan to those who tried to help when common sense happens.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

meatpimp posted:

Yowch.

In other news, you guys talking about nukes and power plants... well, that ain't got nothing on >10 Magnitude earthquakes: http://voices.nationalgeographic.com/2010/03/04/asteroid_terminated_dinosaur_era_in_days/

Only 35 million years until we are due for another one. No point in going on, our future is doomed.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Geoj posted:

Sounds like someone needs to be educated about :airquote: motorcycle awareness :airquote:

Why can't you share the road brah?

You do this every time motorcycles come up and it's really loving tedious.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Okay H1Z1 loving owns and some AI dudes should come play

it was $10 on steam sale but now it's back up to $20. It's loving worth it though, holy poo poo

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
FINALLY catching Mad Max. 15 minutes until Valhalla.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Motronic posted:

My point: talk to an actual allergist and get tested. They know stuff about allergies.

Ron Swanson would never go to a doctor. This singular post has ruined my immersion with regard to your avatar.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Went to the pick n pull yesterday, saw some unusual stuff. Sorry about my hella scratched lens

A 928? Who sells one of those to a pick n pull?

Thought of you, Pham. '60 Lark.

Interior of the Lark

There was also this '57 Ford, but it was pretty beat. Dually flatbed, though, which was cool.
Shoulda taken that V8 badge.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Raluek posted:

Went to the pick n pull yesterday, saw some unusual stuff. Sorry about my hella scratched lens

A 928? Who sells one of those to a pick n pull?

Thought of you, Pham. '60 Lark.

Interior of the Lark

There was also this '57 Ford, but it was pretty beat. Dually flatbed, though, which was cool.
Shoulda taken that V8 badge.

I recommend you clean the vaseline off your lens but that Lark is kewl.

Still mostly intact because who's pick-n-pulling parks for a '60 Lark :v:

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Pham Nuwen posted:

I recommend you clean the vaseline off your lens but that Lark is kewl.

Still mostly intact because who's pick-n-pulling parks for a '60 Lark :v:

Yeah like I said, the lens is hellfucked. It's like 50% scratches at this point.

But yeah, it will be sad the day that they have to crush that car, since I'm sure most of the "good" stuff will still be there.

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
Surely it'd always sell for more than the weigh-in value?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

InitialDave posted:

Surely it'd always sell for more than the weigh-in value?

If that was the case, it wouldn't be there. Pick n pull is owned by a metal recycling company; as far as I know, anything that stays on the lot for x days heads out back to get brutalized by some forklifts and the smasher machine. :(

• Locked thread