Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?
I make a note of every person that spams 'poi' at the start and torpedo the poo poo out of them on principle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
So I need 668.8k xp to get to Des Moines from fully upgraded Cleveland. That's about 445 games with average 1.5k xp. Considering that each game takes minimum 15 minutes that's minimum 111 hours :negative:

Also turns out profile page shows in base xp.

RennZero
Oct 10, 2007

"Get in."
Sounds like you are getting mad at poi. This is the improper way to troll pubbies. Instead say things which make them angry, it is much funnier that way.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Aesis posted:

So I need 668.8k xp to get to Des Moines from fully upgraded Cleveland. That's about 445 games with average 1.5k xp. Considering that each game takes minimum 15 minutes that's minimum 111 hours :negative:

Good luck averaging 1.5k exp though.
I'd be happy with 1k.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.

Aesis posted:

Zero percent chance you average 1.5k games. Even absolutely great losses with base defense points and all that are still only in the 800-900 range.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

cheese posted:

Zero percent chance you average 1.5k games. Even absolutely great losses with base defense points and all that are still only in the 800-900 range.
Yeah I'm seeing that I'm getting ridiculously low base xp compared to CBT. My average base xp will probably drop down to 1k or lower tbh.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

Shop around for doctors! Always fucking shop for doctors. Doctors are stupid assholes. And they get by because people are cowed by their mystical bullshit quality of being able to maintain a 3.0 GPA at some Guatemalan medical college for 3 semesters. Find one that makes sense.
I've also had a surprisingly large number of draws so far. Even with 20 minute timers, these slow BB's make it possible. Its absolutely brutal to have your ship tied up for 20 minutes and end up with a 400 XP draw.

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
70 games so far, 35 win/loss and 0 draw. Only close draw I had was when enemy achieved 1,000 points with 1 second of game left :stare:

Has to be the worst game playing Sims. I could have wasted 20 minutes running around capping but couldn't be bothered.

e: Turns out Record Score is shown in base xp but average xp doesn't distinguish between premium and base xp.

Aesis fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Jun 28, 2015

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
There is no way carriers arn't getting nerfed hard.
People are roflstomping pubbies in arkansas and ranking up crazy stats.

IJN DD Captain : turret turn speed or torpedo reload skill ?
Low tier destroyer have fast enough reload so the 10% speed isn't worth it but at higher tier it seems it could be more usefull than turret turn speed.

Krogort fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Jun 28, 2015

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

Krogort posted:

Nah carriers weren't nerfed up until now so I don't think they'll get one now. However I would like to see carriers being show up on map if someone spots its squadron within 5 km of the carrier.

Roflstomping pubbies in Arkansas with Arkansas :v:

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Krogort posted:

IJN DD Captain : turret turn speed or torpedo reload skill ?
Low tier destroyer have fast enough reload so the 10% speed isn't worth it but at higher tier it seems it could be more usefull than turret turn speed.

Torpedo reload skill because yeah, it starts to take a long time at tier VI. If you're shooting your guns in an IJN destroyer then you're probably either doing it wrong, or are about to die anyway :v:

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

El Disco posted:

Torpedo reload skill because yeah, it starts to take a long time at tier VI. If you're shooting your guns in an IJN destroyer then you're probably either doing it wrong, or are about to die anyway :v:

Alternative legitimate use: setting fire to carriers so they can't launch planes.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
So how do you actually buy a ship if the store page doesn't exist?

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Stanley Pain posted:

So how do you actually buy a ship if the store page doesn't exist?

Can't buy ships anymore, you need to buy gold then buy a ship with gold.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Krogort posted:

Can't buy ships anymore, you need to buy gold then buy a ship with gold.

I get a 404 on the store page though.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Stanley Pain posted:

I get a 404 on the store page though.
This one ?
https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wows/

US website has other ships including a premium Tier 4 battleship.
https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/
15€ for a Murmansk :signings:

Krogort fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Jun 28, 2015

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009
works for me

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/?item=1207

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Krogort posted:

This one ?
https://eu.wargaming.net/shop/wows/

US website has other ships including a premium Tier 4 battleship.
https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/
15€ for a Murmansk :signings:

502 on the EU site, and 404 on the US site :p

This is a good thing though. I didnt' want to spend my money.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Time to check your comp for malware. :v:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Clearing cookies and logging in again seems to have fixed. Guess whatever login session I had with Wargaming's site was FUBAR..

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

When I open up the EU premium shop it doesn't even have WoWS listed as a game? :shrug:

I had to log into the forum page to get it to show in the premium shop.

Burt fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Jun 28, 2015

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

Krogort posted:

They are planning an indirect nerf to IJN carriers, if they can get it to work properly. They want manual drops from IJN torpedo bombers to start with a wide spread that converges to a single point. If they drop close to the target, most of the torps will miss. Dropping farther back will require really good timing and give the target a lot of time to turn. A dev posted that it wasn't in this patch because they couldn't get the converging drop indicator to render properly.

ohsosad
Feb 11, 2012

Why is every game i play unbalanced in the other guys favour?

grrarg posted:

They are planning an indirect nerf to IJN carriers, if they can get it to work properly. They want manual drops from IJN torpedo bombers to start with a wide spread that converges to a single point. If they drop close to the target, most of the torps will miss. Dropping farther back will require really good timing and give the target a lot of time to turn. A dev posted that it wasn't in this patch because they couldn't get the converging drop indicator to render properly.

Is that only for IJN carriers or all torpedo bombers?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Unexpected posted:

Hi. I'm sorry if it's already been answered but if I wanted to buy a fun ship to print credits in, which one should I get? I've only started playing Warships today and I'm only beginning to learn how to left-click.

Thanks.

Here's my two cents.. the premium Atago, fun as hell and will set you back 10k credits or something along those lines. If you have gold in the bank from WOT, spend it on that. Otherwise buy gold and burn it on the ship. I played the three ships in the store but personally they were not my favorites. The Atago though is an Atlanta sort of and looks sweet. Check my pic of it I posted earlier. Stick to low tiers for a while, keep your St Lou and don't worry about the others until your comfortable with things.

jownzy
Apr 20, 2012

I love Rainbow Moon.

It is the deepest game ever. Nothing compares to its epic story.
Man, this exp gain is worse than NavyField Beta exp.

100+ hits, 2 caps, 4 ships sunk. 900 xp. wtf do I need to do?

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G

jownzy posted:

Do lots of damage. I noticed that 50k damage won't give as much xp as before.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

ohsosad posted:

Is that only for IJN carriers or all torpedo bombers?
IJN. Here is the thread talking about it. He edited out part of his post explaining it in more detail.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
I sure didn't expect the Furukata to be such a smoking pile of junk.
-poo poo rudder time
-poo poo turning radius
-45 loving seconds gun tranverse
-poo poo range
-paper armor
-3 loving 6km torp per side

I want my Kuma back.

Phinneus Periwinkle
Jan 17, 2010
Has anybody noticed a change in artillery camera since the wipe? For some reason the camera is moving up and down instead of my cursor

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, I noticed in replays that it jumps around. At first I thought it might be one of my mods but this last patch I have nine and noticed the issue during a replay. Never during a game though.

texasmed
May 27, 2004

Aesis posted:

Do lots of damage. I noticed that 50k damage won't give as much xp as before.

Killing lots of high tier poo poo works, too.

Descar
Apr 19, 2010
How can i get an invite to this game?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Descar posted:

How can i get an invite to this game?

Wait until it goes open beta like tomorrow.

Viperidae
Feb 7, 2007
Arf!

jownzy posted:

Make sure you are playing random and not coop.

cheese
Jan 7, 2004

When are you guys spending money to move your captains up with the next ship? I'm about to unlock Kongo and not sure if I should spend the silver to move my captain up.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

cheese posted:

When are you guys spending money to move your captains up with the next ship? I'm about to unlock Kongo and not sure if I should spend the silver to move my captain up.

When it becomes time wasting to not do so, basically. It's a lot friendlier than the tanks version where you lose xp if you don't use gold. I'm still on tier 3, did it 3 times across the board before realising I was wasting credits.

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD

cheese posted:

Once your captain has 3-4 skills, its better to move the captain up and spend money on retraining than it is to get a new commander. The retraining will finish in 2-3 matches and then you have the benefit of a bunch of skills to use, and you can keep adding more. Especially important if you got a high skilled commander from finishing in a top % of the closed beta, less important if you're keeping old ships (you can just leave the captain in the ship and get a new one for the new ship).

Edit: Never spend gold on your captains, or really on anything except port slots and ships

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

I spend most of my gold on free xp. Is there way to convert without it?

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Tekopo posted:

I spend most of my gold on free xp. Is there way to convert without it?

Nope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

So yeah, spend gold to convert xp then.