Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

ElGroucho posted:

LOL, video games journalism

Just tell me whether the new Super Mario game is good or not, you loving clowns

Truer words were never spoken.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

This joke is older than the gentleman on the photo.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

My dumb Facebook friends were like "bravo!" "haha the police are soooo stupid"

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Makes you think

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Non Serviam posted:

Religion, personal beliefs, physical disability or just unlikeable?

Fear.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

He showed those conniving women with a toast that definitely happened posted:

My step-daughter will be getting married on August 3rd. The wedding planning has consumed most of her and her mother's life (I say her mother because we aren't married, though we've lived together for 10 years) for the past six months.

My step-daughter graduated last December from University. I paid for her to go to college, though it was a state school, it still ran $40K. She does not have a job and has been living with us for the duration of her college career and since her graduation. I also bought her a car to get back and forth from school when she finished high school.

From time to time her deadbeat father would pop into her life and she would fawn all over him. Although he has not contributed a cent to her education or paid any child support, though that is my girlfriend's fault as c.s. was not part of the settlement, she still loves him and wants him in her life. He stays long enough to break her heart by skipping town and breaking some promise that he made her.

The wedding venue holds 250 people max. I gave them a list of 20 people that I wanted invited, you know, since I was paying for everything. They told me that was no problem and they'd take care of it. So I let these people know they'd be getting an invite and they should save the date. Saturday, I saw one of my friends on this list at the golf course and asked if he was coming. He told me that he wasn't invited. He told me that he got an announcement, but not an invitation. He had it in his back seat (along with probably six months of mail) and showed it to me. Sure enough, it was just an announcement, and my name was nowhere on it. It had her dad's name and her mom's name and not mine.

This led to a pretty big fight with my GF, as I found out that NONE of my list of twenty "made the cut" for the final guest list because "250 people is very tight." I was pissed, but not a hell of a lot I could do because the important people in my life had already been offended. My GF said "if some people didn't rsvp yes, I might be able to get a couple people in." But that is an ultimate slap in the face in my opinion. So, I was boiling on Saturday.

Yesterday, we had a Sunday dinner with the future in-law's family and us and a surprise guest, the "Real Dad." At this little dinner my step-daughter announced that her "Real Dad" was going to be able to make it to her wedding and that now he'd be able to give her away. This was greeted with a chorus of "Oh how great" and "How wonderful"s.

I don't think I have ever felt so angry and so disrespected. I was shaking. I took a few seconds to gather my composure, because I honestly wasn't sure if I would cry or start throwing punches or both. Once I was sure I'd be able to speak I got up from my chair and said I'd like to make a toast. I can't remember exactly what I said but the gist of it was this:
"I'd like to make a toast." The sound of spoons against glasses ring in my years. "It has been my great pleasure to be a part of this family for the past ten years." Awe, how sweet. "At this point in my life I feel I owe a debt of gratitude to bride and groom, because they have opened my eyes to something very important." Confident smiles exchanged. "They have showed me that my position in this family is not what I once thought it was." And now a glimmer of confusion and shock begins to spread on the faces in the room. "Though I once thought of myself as the patriarch or godfather of the family, commanding great respect and sought out for help in times of need, it seems instead that I hold the position of an ATM, good for a stream of money, but not much else. As I have been replaced as host, both on the invitations and in the ceremony, I am resigning my financial duties as host to my successor, Real Dad. So cheers to the happy couple and the path they have chosen." I finished my drink. "You all can let yourselves out."

Is this selfish? I'm supposed to shell out 40 - 50 grand for a wedding that I can't invite anyone to? That I am not a part of? I'm so done with this crap. I'm done with my step-daughter, I'm done with my GF. I transferred the money out of our joint account last night. (she has not had a job since she moved in with me) This morning I called all the vendors I had written checks to for deposits to refund my money. At present it looks like I'll lose around 1500, for the venue, but the other vendors have been great about refunding.

TLDR: You want your "REAL DAD" to be on the invitation, to give you away and to sit at the head table, fine, your "REAL DAD" can pay for everything it be the bride's family then, aka, not me.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

That seems like it should be a Godfather joke.

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

ibntumart posted:

TLDR: You want your "REAL DAD" to be on the invitation, to give you away and to sit at the head table, fine, your "REAL DAD" can pay for everything it be the bride's family then, aka, not me.

My favorite part was all of the vendors refunding payment on services they had already provided because the customer said some other guy (that they have no agreement or contract with) was going to pay for it instead. I'm really struggling to picture someone being old enough to have an axe to grind with stepdaughters while somehow having no idea how money works. It has to be some angry high-school virgin taking the long road to "gently caress those bitchs".

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Lagomorphic posted:

My favorite part was all of the vendors refunding payment on services they had already provided because the customer said some other guy (that they have no agreement or contract with) was going to pay for it instead. I'm really struggling to picture someone being old enough to have an axe to grind with stepdaughters while somehow having no idea how money works. It has to be some angry high-school virgin taking the long road to "gently caress those bitchs".

The fake toast happened pre-wedding at an in-law dinner with the engaged couple and both sets of parents, plus biological dad. So it potentially makes sense chronologically to pull those deposits, but even if the money-pulling part happened, the toast part definitely didn't

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.
I agree with you on the high-school virgin part, though. Either that or everyone in his life is made of straw.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Lagomorphic posted:

All you'd have to do is say that the wedding's been cancelled, could you have the refundable part of the deposit bank, thank you. But since this is STDH, no one had to make those calls.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Nyarai posted:

I agree with you on the high-school virgin part, though. Either that or everyone in his life is made of straw.

I prefer to think stories like that are largely true, but we aren't getting all the details. Like how big of a gently caress up are you that your daughter would rather have her deadbeat promise-breaking always-leaving biological father walk her down the aisle than you, the father figure in her life which is paying for the wedding. How hosed up are your friends and family that your wife and daughter go behind your back to uninvite them and lie to you about it while they desperately stuff cousins and acquaintances into enough seats to fill out a 250 person reservation so your friends/family can't come along no matter what.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Is that post recent? if so, it's highly unlikely the dude would get much money back. My friend's sister had to cancel her wedding six weeks before the date because her fiance was in a car crash (he's fine now) and she got maybe half of her money back from vendors.

Oh, wait, it doesn't matter because this is fake.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
This story is pretty old, I remember seeing it maybe 3-4 years ago. I just like to imagine the sad little men who write these bullshit fictions, because their wife and kids run they rear end like a bad donkey. Then they stay up late and beat their pathetic little knubs against a keyboard to really show those bitches who's the boss

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Even if it was real he sounds like a petty rear end in a top hat. "I pay for everything, and my step daughter has the audacity to love her REAL DAD?! Haven't I bought your affection yet?"

Also I love "I don't know the exact details but it went something like this *says speech like it was practiced in front of a mirror for drama class*"

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

ibntumart posted:

"He had it in his back seat (along with probably six months of mail)"

At this point I'm much more interested in the backstory of the golfing friend who obsessively hoards his mail.

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

dijon du jour posted:

At this point I'm much more interested in the backstory of the golfing friend who obsessively hoards his mail.

I have one of those mail boxes you have to drive too. It's like one stop for the whole community. I will say I usually cherry pick the mail I want and throw the rest in the back seat. It could be a few months at least before I actually throw it away. Some Beta males step daughters wedding announcement would for sure be back there.

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.
Someone tell me why it's Doctor Who stdh that's the smuggest, most self-fellating bullshit that makes its way to the forefront.

All the comments were like "You're raising her right, OP!", "Haha, take that normies! (???)", "I wish that was my niece! (:barf:)"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

kinmik posted:

"Haha, take that normies! (???)"

(keep your volume down)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AAO92foBwA

\/\/\/ LMAO

quote:

Baker also accused a nearby Presbyterian church of posting the letter, the church in question, however, recognizes gay marriage in its congregation.

Paladinus has a new favorite as of 16:01 on Jun 29, 2015

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
WHAT A HUGE SURPRISE

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Apart from the awesome speech he gives, I have no trouble believing the wedding story.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

LOL, the one time a headline question can be answered with a firm yes. And even a YES OF COURSE YOU IDIOTS.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

kinmik posted:

Someone tell me why it's Doctor Who stdh that's the smuggest, most self-fellating bullshit that makes its way to the forefront.

All the comments were like "You're raising her right, OP!", "Haha, take that normies! (???)", "I wish that was my niece! (:barf:)"

Dude was so pathetic he had to Photoshop a face onto a pillow for his STDH.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

The most unlikely thing about this is that, regardless of orientation, children don't want to hear about their parents sex lives. Or even their love lives. Even hearing a parent talk about having boyfriends/girlfriends is usually like "ewwwww". No kid wants to hear about their parents crush on David Bowie.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Dude was so pathetic he had to Photoshop a face onto a pillow for his STDH.

Idk they actually look like they're on there. Still dumb tho

glowing-fish posted:

The most unlikely thing about this is that, regardless of orientation, children don't want to hear about their parents sex lives. Or even their love lives. Even hearing a parent talk about having boyfriends/girlfriends is usually like "ewwwww". No kid wants to hear about their parents crush on David Bowie.

Wait but I thought real life was witty and irreverent like my sitcoms????!??!?

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

sweeperbravo posted:

Wait but I thought real life was witty and irreverent like my sitcoms????!??!?

*cue laugh track" and go to commercial.

Tha_Joker_GAmer
Aug 16, 2006

it can't be!! the phrase "relentlessly gay" felt so so real and genuine. it could not have been made up...

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Liu posted:

it can't be!! the phrase "relentlessly gay" felt so so real and genuine. it could not have been made up...

The Internet breaks another heart.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

saw this, thought of you guys

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I have been thoroughly Poe's Law'd by this; I think it's parody? Also it reads like when the stdh'er hears "let me speak with the manager," she lets out a giant, sulpherous fart.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Everblight posted:

I have been thoroughly Poe's Law'd by this; I think it's parody?

:cripes:

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I *think* this is a parody but I've only really worked in retail so maybe in fast food you get the ability to open portals to hell and summon demons? Anybody in the thread confirm/deny?

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
lol if your retail job is so incredibly lovely you dont even get your own hell portal, just lol

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

lol if your retail job is so incredibly lovely you dont even get your own hell portal, just lol

Look, not all of us made manager before we escaped, okay?

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

DragQueenofAngmar posted:

It's colloquially known as the public restroom.

Having been "the manager" at a public-facing job, it's good to come into one of those situations, the upset person immediatly treating you with respect (which should have also been given to the front-line mook), not giving in, apologizing to mook, and standing up front until Gucci glasses leaves. But it's not worth writing a screed over.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Holy poo poo guys, it's a joke.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Zelder posted:

Holy poo poo guys, it's a joke.

some of them get that and are now making jokes of their own

The question is. Which is which?!?!?!?!?!?

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
The STDH is inside the thread!

• Locked thread