Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
:siren:I Black_Nexus oath 5 arcane tempest gun mages for Warmachine(Privateer press) for the month of june:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Pretty much finished the robots, and base coats are on the Vengeance batteries, so it's time to put in an Oath addition.

I, Thundercloud, additionally oath for June 10 Plaguebearers of Nurgle in GW scale.

Off to town, but hope to complete these within 24 hours.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Germ posted:

I, Germ, oath these 8 Warp Spiders by GW for the month of June.

Oath Addition!

I'm gonna paint this terrain base, 7 columns, 6 flat inserts, and 7 piles of rubble. Scale is 28mm, manufacturer is me.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Oath complete! (my very first one :neckbeard: )

What: 4 Tactical Marines (Dark Angels) from the Dark Vengeance box set (GW)
Achievements: The 6-Pack!

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Oath Complete! :siren:
Claiming "I rolled a 6" for the tyranid objective markers, speed painting for the dragon, and some water effects for challenge. Plus Privateer Press Hordes models! Many baby dragons.

The big zombie in the red shirt isn't part of the original oath, but thought I would keep him in the shot.

The red dragon is socially awkward around other dragons. Speed painting!

Zombies! From SDE. White eyes are creepy, and used a 1:1:1 mix of flesh base, purple, and a secondary flesh for the skin. Came out well, and easy to come up with different flesh tones.

Venomthropes. Natures little zoidberg.

Objective markers. The numbers are on 4 sides for easy reading. Plus a nice kiddie pool for digesting children.

LordAba fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Jun 22, 2015

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Oath Addition!

Adding my KR Multicase to my oath - two photos, so you can see both the KR logo and the time on the screen.

Edit: Are these photos ok for showing I've cleaned my painting desk? I didn't think to include anything to show the timestamp when I took the photos.

Before:

After:

Schmetterling fucked around with this message at 06:10 on Jun 22, 2015

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
Oath complete!

Nothing special, no journals.

PyroDwarf
Aug 24, 2010
Oath Complete!

I claim six-pack and technical challenge! (Also I cleaned up the base after I took these pictures.)

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?
:siren:May Judgement!:siren:

Third Place: SRM, 1 point

You managed to make these old doofy robots look great. I love me some hazard stripes, and it all pops in just the most wonderfully 90's way.

Second Place: MasterSlowPoke, 2 points

Oldcrons are bestcrons, and your kitbash of old, new, and IoB high elf parts really make them unique. Your painting ain't nothing to sneeze at either.

First Place: JerryLee, 3 points

I'm absolutely in love with these. The color choices, the various bits and bobs, and the heads really bring it all together. The lightning effects alone are some serious pro poo poo right there.

Bonus Point: Kerzoro, 1 point

You saw that school bus theme challenge and rolled with it. It looks kind of orky, so if that's what you were going for, you did it right.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Slimnoid posted:

First Place: JerryLee, 3 points

I'm absolutely in love with these. The color choices, the various bits and bobs, and the heads really bring it all together. The lightning effects alone are some serious pro poo poo right there.

:vince:

Holy poo poo, thank you man. I'm a little bit floored here. drat.

This is a fortuitous occasion upon which to post my oath completes for this month! I was actually getting the pictures together and only noticed these judgments when I came to the thread to post. :v:

:siren:OATH COMPLETE:siren:

This is the mini I had the most invested in this month, and happily, it's also the one I thought turned out nearly the best. :)

Conversely, I took a relatively :effort: attitude towards these. I mainly just wanted to get the entirety of Dragons Don't Share painted to a rough tabletop standard, and these are another notch in that belt. The only post-wash highlights were on skin, hair, and the green areas of the archer which would've been way too dark otherwise.

The cat lady here was originally somewhat exposed above her waist. ( :nws: https://www.crocodilegames.com/content/storeImg/WGE-132.jpg if you're curious.) I fixed that a little, but instead I exposed the fact that I'm not very good at sculpting fabric. Pretty happy with the paint jobs on these.

I'm also pretty happy with how these turned out. The dwarf is destined as a gift for my brother and he picked the color scheme. Direct any complaints accordingly.

The well is my Challenge for this month, as this picture makes more clear.

It's also my Box Art for this season. Here is the catalog image on Reaper's website. I assume it's still valid even though this is only one of a few sample paint schemes they post for it. :)

And I think that's a wrap for this month. See you all in about a week!

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

JerryLee posted:

I'm also pretty happy with how these turned out. The dwarf is destined as a gift for my brother and he picked the color scheme. Direct any complaints accordingly.

Orange and Teal go well together!

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Oath Complete!

Ghost Boat. Was fun to paint, messing around using Nihilakh Oxide as a wash over white (with assorted other ink washes too). Unfortunately my camera isn't sensitive enough to get a picture of it's special effect so I need to badger my housemate to take some pics with his ultra fancy one.

Elf Boat. On the other hand I hated painting this. Just felt boring. Didn't help that my white primer apparently went weird and hosed up the detail on one side.

Turtle Island. A fun little piece.

KR Case. Went with a watercolour style inked design copied from a GW banner as it'll most likely be used for small units from my DOW army. Pretty happy with how this turned out!

Troll Impaler. Been wanting to try out an orange skin style for a while, never got around to it til now. Also first attempt at tartan inspired patterns. Should be tighter but I have nowhere near the brush control to pull it off properly yet.

Spring Cleaning, done. Hopefully I can keep it this tidy!

Claiming the Technical Challenge for the water around the boats and island, plus there's a KR Multicase and Privateer Press Mini for the respective prize draws.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

Tartan front arcs are my temporary favorite thing. :allears:

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

It's late in the month, but that's cool in this enlightened era.

I, Under 15, oath the following model:

One GW Boar Chariot

LazyAngel
Mar 17, 2009

Oath Complete!

Apologies for the colours being slightly off; my camera doesn't seem to like the very glossy finish I used.

LazyAngel fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jun 23, 2015

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

I have some questions about next month's technical challenge (July's):

Is it ok for the flag or banner to be one that came with the model?

Does it need to have a design on it, or is a solid-colored banner all right?

Again, these are about the technical challenge, not the theme challenge. Thanks!

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Sorry guys and gals, been busy! I'll also be away and possibly mostly offline until Monday, so please don't fret if I don't approve your Oaths until late Monday UK time.

Black_Nexus posted:

:siren:I Black_Nexus oath 5 arcane tempest gun mages for Warmachine(Privateer press) for the month of june:siren:

Thundercloud posted:

Pretty much finished the robots, and base coats are on the Vengeance batteries, so it's time to put in an Oath addition.

I, Thundercloud, additionally oath for June 10 Plaguebearers of Nurgle in GW scale.

Germ posted:

Oath Addition!

I'm gonna paint this terrain base, 7 columns, 6 flat inserts, and 7 piles of rubble. Scale is 28mm, manufacturer is me.

Schmetterling posted:

Oath Addition!

Adding my KR Multicase to my oath - two photos, so you can see both the KR logo and the time on the screen.

Edit: Are these photos ok for showing I've cleaned my painting desk? I didn't think to include anything to show the timestamp when I took the photos.
Ehh...you're a regular so I'll let this one go! (but please everyone else please remember your timestamps for this Achievement!)

Under 15 posted:

It's late in the month, but that's cool in this enlightened era.

I, Under 15, oath the following model:
One GW Boar Chariot
OATHS ACCEPTED!

JerryLee posted:

I have some questions about next month's technical challenge (July's):

Is it ok for the flag or banner to be one that came with the model?

Does it need to have a design on it, or is a solid-colored banner all right?

Again, these are about the technical challenge, not the theme challenge. Thanks!

Yes, to be clear you can paint a flag or banner that came with your model. Doesn't need to be complicated or even more than 1 color if all you're going for is the Challenge point.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

krushgroove posted:

Yes, to be clear you can paint a flag or banner that came with your model. Doesn't need to be complicated or even more than 1 color if all you're going for is the Challenge point.

Bonus points for Confederate Flag? :can:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

LordAba posted:

Bonus points for Confederate Flag? :can:

At this point, negative points! But really, it's about painting, so paint whatever...

Harkano
Jun 5, 2005

Harkano posted:

I Harkano, oath 2 Privateer Press Storm Trolls

Let's hope this gets me back on schedule with painting!

:siren:OATH COMPLETE:siren:

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

krushgroove posted:

Ehh...you're a regular so I'll let this one go! (but please everyone else please remember your timestamps for this Achievement!)

Thanks! Does this mean I'm one of the cool kids now?

I might try to remember to take new pics with a time stamp in them if I sufficiently mess it all up again trying to assemble more Malifaux stuff - I got my hands on Ironsides last night, and then this morning my grab bag prize from last year arrived, so I've got more tiny ninjas to curse at for having individual arrows on the sprue.

(Thank you very very much to Iris of Esther for posting me the grab bag prize - international shipping is insane.)

PyroDwarf
Aug 24, 2010
Can I post an Oath update? I wasn't really happy with the final product, so I added some shading.

If it is against the rules, ignore this, I suppose.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Looks a lot better.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
Face still needs something. I'd try shadowing the temples, hollows of the cheeks, and underside of the mustache with some brown wash maybe.

Or even a dark red wash to go with the armor colorscheme.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

I, Gumdrop Larry, oath Privateer Press's Morland from the Devil's Shadow Mutineers unit.

I've stagnated really badly on my painting the past few months and really want an excuse to get back to work on my Warmachine pirate army that's been sitting around just primed for way too long. Moreover, the water theme is a good reason to try making some hand-made bases to replace the resin dock-themed bases I initially stuck the army on that I've grown less fond of over time. Also, Circle is my second army and I can't resist having a shot at a Hordes 10th Anniversary box, so even though it's late in the month this is kind of a perfect storm for me and I think as good a time as there will ever be to start using this thread for some much needed motivation.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

:siren:OATH COMPLETE!

Claiming JURNAL for this summer... fun... mud bog.

Please note this PRIVATEER PRESS figure for the Hordes drawing:

...and finally this :krad: KR Multicase:

This is a pattern used by the Polish in the 30's. It was mostly retired by WW2, but it's really pretty so there you are. I'm really glad this came up, or I'd never have tried painting my case and now I'm totally glad I did.

Fyrbrand
Dec 30, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Oath Complete

Finished my Privateer Press Winter Troll model.

Proof:

And better pics in my light tent:

Edit: I guess I get the Six Pack and Technical points too?

Fyrbrand fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Jun 26, 2015

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
Okay, I'm embarrassed at how long it took me to finish sculpting/altering these dudes, but here they are, unprimed for inspection (closeup to show details on #2):

Adding them to my oath starter pic as we speak!

Iris of Ether
Sep 29, 2005

Valkyrie is not amused

Schmetterling posted:

(Thank you very very much to Iris of Esther for posting me the grab bag prize - international shipping is insane.)

Heh, no worries. Also, for what it's worth, I guess the box was light enough that I could have knocked $20 off the shipping cost had I mailed it non-Flat Rate, but I had already taken so long to get to the Post Office in the first place that I chose to cut my losses. :v: I didn't want to delay it further by hunting for a different box.

The clerks were nice enough to tell me that my original mailer box was a Priority Flat Rate, which would have been +$20 over what it already cost, so kudos to them.

ski
Oct 29, 2011

I know I am.
:siren:OATH COMPLETE!

ski posted:

I, Ski, for the month of June, hereby oath Borka, Vengeance of the Rimshaws, from Privateer Press.

Electric Hobo
Oct 22, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Oath complete

I don't know how happy I am with this color scheme. I should probably paint up some more figures to make sure.
But they're Privateer Press so I'm in the game for that sweet Hordes box.

Did the technical challenge with the water on the big base and the leftmost Shifting Stone.

Electric Hobo fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jul 6, 2015

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

:megaman::megaman:MAY JUDGEMENT:megaman::megaman:

1 Point - Moths

A lovely tank! Your details are nice and clean, it is quite true, and that is a really great camo scheme. I'm not sure if it has historical context, but I like the concept regardless. The colors mingle well with each other, even the grey stripes between the major color fields. The highlights bring out the shapes of the model but manage to retain the natural look which helps make the camo pattern believable.

2 Points - MasterSlowPoke

I'm very much digging on your gratuitous use of contrasting red and green. The combination with the silvery white and gold is regal and splendid. It's a versatile enough scheme that you don't need a lot of supporting accent colors, which makes it a great choice for these necrons. I think these are both conversions, too, and they work really well. It's good to see the old 'cron models looking scary.

3 Points - Lazy Angel

Lots to love in here. Your reproduction of the color schemes illustrated on the cards is spot-on. The details have an excellent crispness, though many of the creatures read a little softer which is really satisfying. Particularly the dragon's face is very nice. Furthermore, you have painted a little model cat like an actual cat from life and that is pretty rad in my book.

Technical Challenge Point - Gareth Gobulcoque

It was tough, but I think this is my favorite yellow this month. It's so deep and warm. The highlights don't get incredibly bright or even completely saturated, helping the other details step out. The dark reddish, almost purple shading suggests a sort of hazy evening light, which suits the model perfectly.

Seamoose
May 30, 2015

Seamoose posted:

I, Seamoose, am oathing this little man, Dwarf Bombadier, from Rackham miniatures without his little friend as an addition to my June oath

This guy looks pretty cool! I am trying to get some general practice in before I start grinding away at my Circle of Orboros army.

I have completed my first Oath which is exciting for everyone especially me!

First up is the Warpwolf stalker. I had an idea of what I wanted to do but had to borrow paints, i was going for like a deep blue with grey fur with heavy highlights. It kind of ended up looking like he is mottled but I dont really feel comfortable painting warbeasts. the good thing is he will match with my other awkward beasts and I can only get better.

Next up is the Dwarf Bombardier. I never knew there was easy models to paint or that I could really enjoy it. After my lackluster finish with my stalker I tried to stick to what I know which is fairly basic. I am really digging how this guy came out.

I decided to do the spring cleaning challenge but I have an unfair advantage in that I am moving this month so not only did I clear my desk but it is now in another state. Once I figure out where my next permanent set up will be I will try to update it then.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

Gumdrop Larry posted:

I, Gumdrop Larry, oath Privateer Press's Morland from the Devil's Shadow Mutineers unit.

I've stagnated really badly on my painting the past few months and really want an excuse to get back to work on my Warmachine pirate army that's been sitting around just primed for way too long. Moreover, the water theme is a good reason to try making some hand-made bases to replace the resin dock-themed bases I initially stuck the army on that I've grown less fond of over time. Also, Circle is my second army and I can't resist having a shot at a Hordes 10th Anniversary box, so even though it's late in the month this is kind of a perfect storm for me and I think as good a time as there will ever be to start using this thread for some much needed motivation.

Even though there hasn't been confirmation on submitting this, I hope it's alright to go ahead and declare Oath Complete.

And a better shot of the beach/grotto themed base that I'm fairly pleased with.

The two noteworthy achievements being the June technical challenge with some water on the base, alongside it being a Privateer Press model for the sake of the Hordes 10th anniversary box giveaway.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Monoliths posted:

1 Point - Moths

A lovely tank! Your details are nice and clean, it is quite true, and that is a really great camo scheme. I'm not sure if it has historical context, but I like the concept regardless.

:toot: Thanks! The scheme doesn't look much like we imagine camouflage today, but I'm proud of how close I got to its historical counterpart:

One of camouflage's purposes is to help break up a target's silhouette - so anything that confuses the eye regarding the actual physical lines might be effective. Today's Mossy Oak and Realtree stuff takes that to the next level by attempting to break up profile and photo-realistically blending with the background - but in camouflage early days they were trying some really crazy stuff. I'd recommend for anyone interested to google lozenge or razzle dazzle camouflage - and if someone braver than me can paint those I'd love to see it!

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets
Oath Complete

Gareth Gobulcoque
Jan 10, 2008

OATH COMPLETE

Yo, trying to convert comic book shading using a reference image into 3D in miniature is really hard. I think with practice I can get it looking pretty cool though.

Technical challenge

Spring cleaning

I actually do this at the end of every month after I finish my oath anyway.

before

after

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
Oath Complete!

And that means a lot of stuff coming up:

German Pioneers and Riflemen

Panzer 38(t) Ausf E/F

Russian Water Tower (Panzer 38 for scale)

KR Multicase. I use it to carry my samurai armies a lot, so I painted the Tokugawa heraldric sign on it.

Kerzoro
Jun 26, 2010

Slimnoid posted:

Bonus Point: Kerzoro, 1 point

You saw that school bus theme challenge and rolled with it. It looks kind of orky, so if that's what you were going for, you did it right.

Oh, hey, thanks for that :D

My oath is pretty much finished, so I'll prolly be posting it tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

Oath Complete and eligible for the Hordes 10th anniversary box!
My wife was absolutely right. Everything looks better against a red background.

• Locked thread