Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Goons, I need to source someone who's a level 60 miner or level 60 botanist on Excalibur and has unlocked the legendary gathering nodes using scrips in The Churning Mists. It is required for spawning one of the S ranks. Please contact me ingame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Periodiko
Jan 30, 2005
Uh.

Calihan posted:

So six of one, half dozen of the other.

Yeah I heard the MCH horror stories but didn't notice how bad they were until now. Pre-50 it felt a little soft on the DPS side but nothing crippling. Heavensward content though feels like a death sentence if you ever get two mobs on you. You just take for bloody ever to kill something.

Monsters in Heavensward are much stronger.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

Trying to level 50-60 without quests is testing my patience more than the entire Zodiac chain combined, holy poo poo

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Jia posted:

Trying to level 50-60 without quests is testing my patience more than the entire Zodiac chain combined, holy poo poo

I'm working on my second 60, white mage, and I'm firmly of the belief that dungeons are the best way to go

I've been at this for about 25 hours did the math, 29.5 hours from 51-58, and that's with almost instant queues

it sucks

armory bonus dungeon exp that I've gotten without rested bonus but with food bonus:

Dusk Vigil: ~250k per run
Sohm Al: ~275k per run
Aery: ~345k per run
Vault: ~385k per run

editedit: also out of all those runs, I've only seen a dungeong pet drop once, it was the panda from aery; those things barely drop at all

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jun 28, 2015

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Rafzakael posted:

I'm working on my second 60, white mage, and I'm firmly of the belief that dungeons are the best way to go

I've been at this for about 25 hours did the math, 29.5 hours from 51-58, and that's with almost instant queues

it sucks

armory bonus dungeon exp that I've gotten without rested bonus but with food bonus:

editedit: also out of all those runs, I've only seen a dungeong pet drop once, it was the panda from aery; those things barely drop at all

What's your time per dungeon?

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Rafzakael posted:

it sucks

Yeah I just got my MCH to 50 and I'm wondering what the hell I'm gonna do without MSQ and Sidequests... I...I almost kinda miss the moogles, man.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
It take 4-5 dungeon runs per level from 51-54 so far. Do your daily hunts as your alt, HLDR / LLDR, and run some dungeons with friends. It really isn't that hard to level with the armory bonus.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Iron Tusk posted:

What's your time per dungeon?

with the average DF group each dungeon takes anywhere from 25 to 35 minutes; excluding gubal because I haven't gotten there on alt yet and first time through was back on EA saturday with "good" players

Tensokuu
May 21, 2010

Somehow, the boy just isn't very buoyant.
Sightseeing log too if you ha don't done it yet. I'm keeping it for my second class just for a small bonus.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Sohm Al is about 20 minutes for almost 300k XP which is pretty good. Dusk Vigil is like 25 minutes for 250k so 51-52 is pretty rough.

Most importantly though, not sure if it's by design but since the dungeons are good for two levels, half of the time spent grinding you are eligible for Chain Bonus because you are equal level with the dungeon mobs.

Eej fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Jun 28, 2015

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

N Than fate trains are the best way to get to 52 on a second job.

Sad truth.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
So someone pointed out that there's rocks shaped like Alexander at all the spots in the barrier where his head and his other arm will probably peek out.

http://imgur.com/a/6N9jN

:psyduck:

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Minrad posted:

So someone pointed out that there's rocks shaped like Alexander at all the spots in the barrier where his head and his other arm will probably peek out.

http://imgur.com/a/6N9jN

:psyduck:

Maybe it's easier to change the appearance than it is to change the actual terrain map?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Pretty much. No reason to completely change the terrain geometry for something that's going to (not) be there for all of two weeks.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Is there a guide somewhere for how collectible gathering works?

Francis
Jul 23, 2007

Thanks for the input, Jeff.
Implementing terrain phasing in this way allows them to gate Alexander's appearance by quest progress instead of just updating him each patch. This way he stays submerged for people who haven't completed the story and won't be in full neon doom mode during 3.5 for players who are just starting the quests.

Idleshire is the same way, in that the ruins likely have the same collision as whatever more developed buildings and doodads will appear as part of the Heavensward patch cycle.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
Idlyshire also saves on the energy of development by being on its own map, separate from the rest of the zone. So if they DO want to make big changes, it's not as much effort to do so.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Francis posted:

Idleshire

heh

After the MSQ the first thing I did was go and check on Alex; I think it's neat how they're doing it

Meldonox
Jan 13, 2006

Hey, are you listening to a word I'm saying?
Hey, what's a brother gotta do to get into a/the hunt LS/TS? I'm going to go mad if I have to keep doing daily hunts to get my law crap upgraded.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Meldonox posted:

Hey, what's a brother gotta do to get into a/the hunt LS/TS? I'm going to go mad if I have to keep doing daily hunts to get my law crap upgraded.

Find one of the leaders online and ask them to boot some offline people for you. The Hunt LS i was in to get my Dragoon's seals has the following names that can invite. Just do a player search to find one online. There are more, I forgot to take a screenshot before I dropped. This is the formerly named 'Don't hunt as a DPS' / 'I was almost there' LS.

Drath (something)
Low One
Vandes (hi vandes, he loves tells)

e: if anyone is in that LS wouldn't mind posting more names for us to keep track of that can invite, it'd be great. Getting into a hunt LS is pretty annoying due to the limited capacity and the 'kick all the offlines' style of running them.

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Jun 28, 2015

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Fister Roboto posted:

Pretty much. No reason to completely change the terrain geometry for something that's going to (not) be there for all of two weeks.

I assume Alex as it is will remain like that until either he's beaten in the Alex questline or the next stage opens up. The one red glowing eye out of three kinda makes me assume it'll be that kinda deal where yeah we beat the boss but we couldn't stop their plan, in true JRPG fashion.

So like, what's the other raid going to be? If we get Alex in a week, and Alex Savage in another two... That means 3.1 needs a Crystal Tower equivalent, right? Maybe it'll be that thing above the ARF?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I was under the impression that Alex was going to be split into multiple parts, like Coil. And the casual raid is almost certainly going to have something to do with all the stuff in Azys Lla.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Can someone explain collectibles and any changes made to gathering/crafting classes in the expansion to me like I'm a big, stupid baby?

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Got the game, stayed up most of the night last night and Excalibur never opened up which is partly due to the expansion I am sure. The op mentions you can transfer over for about 20 bones, but can you only transfer over while servers are allowing for creation?

Basically I just wanna try this dumb game out :smith:

Lunch! Finally!
Jan 23, 2006

I- I don't even know what you just called me!
In light of the surge of people gathering again I felt this was once again relevant.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5bP3eY0Vag
Me irl

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Rei_ posted:

I assume Alex as it is will remain like that until either he's beaten in the Alex questline or the next stage opens up. The one red glowing eye out of three kinda makes me assume it'll be that kinda deal where yeah we beat the boss but we couldn't stop their plan, in true JRPG fashion.

So like, what's the other raid going to be? If we get Alex in a week, and Alex Savage in another two... That means 3.1 needs a Crystal Tower equivalent, right? Maybe it'll be that thing above the ARF?

There's some cool poo poo you can find about Asyz Lla

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ps am no frog posted:

In light of the surge of people gathering again I felt this was once again relevant.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5bP3eY0Vag
Me irl

Gotta do some bullshit quests involving dragons and the fate of two races just so you can unlock flying and get to nodes faster

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

This is my favorite dungeon theme in 3.0 by far and I could just as easily see it used in a game like SR: Dragonfall. Especially at around 0:52 in the link.

The final battle music is amazing and probably fights Corpse Hall for my favorite theme overall.

Intoluene posted:

Just leave it. You get handed an equivalent to a Zodiac or dreadwyrm at 56. The zenith will be fine for doing 2.0-2.55 story with.

Getting an i120 poetics weapon will be on par with 3.0 rewards until 54-55 and an i130 ironworks would still be fine until 58, when the sidequests pretty much throw an entire i145 HQ set at you unless you're weird and don't do any quests for xp.

Doublestep posted:

I really hope Azys Lla becomes more than just a token visit from 59-60

It's going to have the 24 man raid and if some of those other locations aren't future dungeons I'd be shocked. There's also Pray Online which hopefully I'll actually see pop someday. :argh:

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

It's come up a bunch of times already but it bears repeating that the last story duty is :krad: in every way. I especially like how, even though the whole fight is a giant giddy FF7 reference, it doesn't rely on that to be a good fight. From the 30 foot tall greatsword-swinging god to the amazing music to the Best of ARR Boss Mechanics that get thrown at you, the whole thing feels designed from the ground up to make you feel like a total badass even though it really isn't hard at all. The bard mode version of this is going to be loving great.

As for the story stuff, even though I nailed Lolorito's plan back in 2.55 I was not a fan of how he just sort of showed up and said "yes this was my plan, lets be friends again" and the status quo got reset with little fanfare. At least Raubahn didn't look overjoyed about the whole deal, so this will probably get revisited in an upcoming content patch.

I suppose now its time to enjoy the hell of hunts, or the hell of leveling up gathering classes again.

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012

Evil Canadian posted:

Got the game, stayed up most of the night last night and Excalibur never opened up which is partly due to the expansion I am sure. The op mentions you can transfer over for about 20 bones, but can you only transfer over while servers are allowing for creation?

If you just wanna try out the game then I'd give it a go on a lower pop server. Depending on your starting class, the first 15 levels are somewhat unique, so you can play to level 15 and if you like it, you can re-roll on Excalibur and try another class. That way you're not re-playing old content.

It is absolutely not worth it to server transfer before level 50.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

over the last 24 hours I have done every single HLDR dungeon for the first time. Gave away a ton of newbie bonuses.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005
I am destined to be stuck on Ravana, I guess. This expansion has been a serious letdown between the ridiculous barrier to flight and somehow being completely unable to get seven people decent at this game together for an unchallenging boss fight.

And don't tell me to ask the guild, I've been completely ignored four loving times.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExXhr8ch8Mk

Favorite dungeon theme talk, this one. Feels like something right out of Earth Bound.

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

I am destined to be stuck on Ravana, I guess. This expansion has been a serious letdown between the ridiculous barrier to flight and somehow being completely unable to get seven people decent at this game together for an unchallenging boss fight.

And don't tell me to ask the guild, I've been completely ignored four loving times.

DGKK or PBC? And is this four times of 'hey come help me do this trial' during FC rambling at whatever stupid bullshit, or did you actively annoy them until a group filled? It takes more than asking a single time for people to pay attention and or notice. Whenever I offer to help newbies on doing stuff, I usually take over asking in /fc for them since they are afraid to ask more than once every hour it seems. We don't mind spam, half of FC chat is white noise.

Annoy them until a group fills up. It can be, and does get done multiple times a day. Rage posting on the forums isn't really gonna get you much response other than 'ask the fc' because thats what literally everyone else does.

e: lol ridiculous barrier to flight, time to uninstall

onesixtwo fucked around with this message at 21:06 on Jun 28, 2015

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

what ridiculous barrier to flight

Ridinspinnaz
Jan 29, 2009

Evil Canadian posted:

My friend just xferred from gilgamesh to excalibur during primetime when there was a 40+ person login queue so it should work. Only thing is your char has to be 3 days old, so you gotta make it then wait, and there's a realistic chance 3am on Sunday night or after maintenance would let you make a new char.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

Oh, and actually looking around Asyz Lla, there's some pretty obvious spoilers for what the 3.1 raid bosses will look like if you weren't paying close enough attention at the end of the MSQ.

http://imgur.com/a/vfL92

Statues carved in the likeness of the Warring Triad, the first three primals the Allagans bound who Archbishop Thordan woke up before you fight him. I'm sure the gigantic angel wings on the central tower don't mean anything... (Kefka's Tower raid confirmed :hellyeah:)

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Minrad posted:

There's some cool poo poo you can find about Asyz Lla

warring triad probably

kefka's tower hype

panda clue
May 23, 2014

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

ask the guild

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

it's probably because you're whining a lot hth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Pyroxene Stigma posted:

lol

• Locked thread