Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D_W
Nov 12, 2013

How can I beat Archeoavis (float temple boss) without Lvl 5 Death? No guides out there say have to overcome it's resurrection without using that. My party is two Mystic Knights, a black mage, and a time mage. I've been breaking rods to get through it's first form, but magic doesn't seem to do anything against it's revived version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

D_W posted:

How can I beat Archeoavis (float temple boss) without Lvl 5 Death? No guides out there say have to overcome it's resurrection without using that. My party is two Mystic Knights, a black mage, and a time mage. I've been breaking rods to get through it's first form, but magic doesn't seem to do anything against it's revived version.

Just apply liberal amounts of physical damage to it. It's slowable, and it has the least defense in the final form, so just have your MKs lay on their attack key.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Kyrosiris posted:

Just apply liberal amounts of physical damage to it. It's slowable, and it has the least defense in the final form, so just have your MKs lay on their attack key.

Oh it's can be Slowed? Nice!

Is there any more powerful sword then the Coral Sword I can get at this point? It's elemental damage isn't very helpful. I found an Ancient Sword for my one MK, but I'd like something better for the other one. Is there anything good that can drop from enemies?

insulated staircase
Aug 21, 2014

Thanks for the help on previous page. Neat trick in the basement and new weapons smoked that boss easily. I had wiped I think 5 times maybe more.

I got red mage, no more holding A all the time.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

D_W posted:

Is there any more powerful sword then the Coral Sword I can get at this point? It's elemental damage isn't very helpful. I found an Ancient Sword for my one MK, but I'd like something better for the other one. Is there anything good that can drop from enemies?

Those two are the most powerful swords in the first world. Just move on with the story, you'll get an upgrade relatively soon.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

a real jerk posted:

I got red mage

That's unfortunate. Red Mage is good at the moment, and for the next few areas, but it drops off VERY quickly after the fourth crystal. Hopefully you'll get something good for the next two otherwise you're going to have a rough everything before too long.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire
:toot:

Turns out my team was pretty swell after all! Mix is really quite broken!
I think someone pledged to donate for every first timer win? Add one on!

Poulpe fucked around with this message at 21:37 on Jun 28, 2015

judgementbringer
Oct 9, 2012
So how much am I going to need to grind to beat sandworm? I'm forced to use 4 berserkers until I get to the Earth Crystal and I'm wondering roughly how long this is going to take. :(
Or whether I should just say forget it and cheat. I'd really like to do this legit.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

judgementbringer posted:

So how much am I going to need to grind to beat sandworm? I'm forced to use 4 berserkers until I get to the Earth Crystal and I'm wondering roughly how long this is going to take. :(
Or whether I should just say forget it and cheat. I'd really like to do this legit.

Just buy a new class. Or else grind for four death scythes. Then grind for the money to buy 4 flame rings. Then grind mini dragons to level 35. Then try over 100 times to the worm. Then be overleveled for the rest of the game.

D_W
Nov 12, 2013

Hey! I was able to beat that boss.

Now I have access to all four jobs. My fourth was Geomancer. It doesn't sound very good at all. Should I bother sticking with that?

Schir
Jan 23, 2012

I never really played FFV before now, but this was fun. Maybe I'll do a team 750 run next.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

judgementbringer posted:

I think the recommended level for 4 berserkers is something like level 40.

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

We feel free because we lack the very language to articulate our unfreedom.
Pillbug
Welp

Thanks for putting up a fight last run, FFV! Now I break you.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

I've cleared my second run.

My MVP for this run were the 4 reflect rings I got, I basically had them equipped ever since I got them and only switched them out for Hermes Sandals for a couple of boss fights in the end. In terms of fights I had trouble with I had a lot of trouble with Necrophobe and I probably should've just ignored him and went after Exdeath, but I keep trying him until I managed to get my Dragoons to evade his barrier's attacks via jumping and that took care of him.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
If I ever see another Syldra it'll be too loving soon. And how the hell am I supposed to survive almagests with this team? Just by grinding?

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
Dr. Pepper, has the game eaten you? :ohdear:

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!
Just got done with my Monk/Zerk/Beast/BlackMage run.

35 loving elixirs for neo exdeath, holy poo poo.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Reiterpallasch posted:

If I ever see another Syldra it'll be too loving soon. And how the hell am I supposed to survive almagests with this team? Just by grinding?

By Dualcasting Catoblepas until it actually lands on the Almagest part.

Sylvia Plathetic
Nov 15, 2009
Any idea how I change the language on the IOS version of the game?

Somehow since last year's fiesta the game has set itself to German; and much as this would add a unique challenge to the fiesta it's one I'm not quite ready for.

judgementbringer
Oct 9, 2012
So uhh, apparently the iOS version nerfed some bosses like crazy. Cause I just beat Sandworm with 4 Berserkers at level 25. :stare: Either that, or the fact that this version forces Berserkers to attack the front row just makes that much of a difference. So, uh I guess I'm halfway there at least. Still need to beat Sol Cannon but with Angel rings and some luck that shouldn't be too bad.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
So, I just managed to get the triple crown on iOS. Chemist and Black Mage make everything better.

Surprisingly, I had a tougher time with Shinryu than Omega because my Shinryu strategy was to just berserk him and heal while hoping my elven mantles/main gauche would keep my casters relatively safe while I had Hermes Sandals on my mixers. It was way too easy to get overpowered by that motherfucker.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

judgementbringer posted:

So uhh, apparently the iOS version nerfed some bosses like crazy. Cause I just beat Sandworm with 4 Berserkers at level 25. :stare: Either that, or the fact that this version forces Berserkers to attack the front row just makes that much of a difference. So, uh I guess I'm halfway there at least. Still need to beat Sol Cannon but with Angel rings and some luck that shouldn't be too bad.

Gba/snes berserkers have a 1/6th chance of hitting the worm.

Mobile berserkers have a 1/3rd chance of hitting the worm.

But gba/snes berserker can kill the side cannon for the sol cannon. Mobile berserkers can't.

Edit: did the holes cast their spell twice if the death procced on the mobile version?

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Omega is down.

Just Neo left now. I can spam Zeninage with my Samurai, he should be no trouble to kill.

judgementbringer
Oct 9, 2012

Shwqa posted:

Gba/snes berserkers have a 1/6th chance of hitting the worm.

Mobile berserkers have a 1/3rd chance of hitting the worm.

But gba/snes berserker can kill the side cannon for the sol cannon. Mobile berserkers can't.

Edit: did the holes cast their spell twice if the death procced on the mobile version?

They only cast it once. Apparently the death proc doesn't trigger the counter in this version.

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

judgementbringer posted:

They only cast it once. Apparently the death proc doesn't trigger the counter in this version.

:aaa:

We, uh... we may have to update the "which version to use" guide with some of this info.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

aaaaaaahhhh gently caress i'm stuck on Garula with four White Mages. I'm not entirely sure what to do here, I cast protect one everyone at the start but I cant seem to keep up with the raw damage output

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012

Rei_ posted:

aaaaaaahhhh gently caress i'm stuck on Garula with four White Mages. I'm not entirely sure what to do here, I cast protect one everyone at the start but I cant seem to keep up with the raw damage output

Only attack with one person when it starts countering. If you got the Flail from the Ship Graveyard, only attack with whoever has it equipped.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
also get the Heal Staff from Tycoon Castle and have that person heal with it every turn

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Just make sure you remember who has the Heal Staff equipped if you're doing that. There's nothing worse than getting Garula to sub-100 HP and then accidentally Heal Staving her by accident. :shepface:

I like the pattern with these runs. My first only took down NED since I couldn't be arsed with trying the other two. 2nd was NED and Shinryu since I had an easy low-effort win there. Now my third is getting the triple crown. It's like poetic or something.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Jeez, my knight/zerkerbeastmaster/dancer group got good once they hit world 3.

Everything is mastered. I have 4 ribbons and 4 reflect rings. And everyone's ultimate weapon.

Is there any reason not to go straight to exdeath? Any items I should be after?

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

FairGame posted:

Jeez, my knight/zerkerbeastmaster/dancer group got good once they hit world 3.

Everything is mastered. I have 4 ribbons and 4 reflect rings. And everyone's ultimate weapon.

Is there any reason not to go straight to exdeath? Any items I should be after?

If you want, you can get a second Aegis Shield from the waterfall place, but that means having to first deal with Omniscient.

Personally I think Hermes Sandals are better than Reflect Rings, so you may want to grind for the gil with that.

Make sure you get the assassin dagger to help you with Twintania. Otherwise I think you're good.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
The only things I could think of are the Titan's Axe and a second Aegis Shield in Istory Falls, but to get to them you'd have to do Fork Tower, and with that party...it'd be too much of a pain for things that are nice to have but not worth that headache.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Four Hermes Sandals are always a good investment. The Island Shrine has the Beastkiller whip, and in Istory Falls you can find a second Aegis Shield and the Titan Axe.

Edit: Omniscient shouldn't be too bad if you can find a monster that casts Berserk upon being released.

2nd Edit: I completely forgot, since you have a Dancer, you could go to Phoenix Tower and steal one or two Rainbow Dresses. They're fantastic armour pieces that protect against confusion and boost your Sword Dance chance.

Samuel Clemens fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Jun 29, 2015

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Thief for my second run! Rough start, but I can run REAL fast and stealing will be a lot easier.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Anyway to get around floor damage without time magic? A friend is get ridiculously frustrated at the trench part of the game.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

Either be a Geomancer (in which case I'm so sorry for you), have Float from something (time magic, chemist and blue mage can all do it or just get a cat to cast it when confused). Or better still, don't do the trench because its optional and if you don't have a Time Mage it hasn't a drat thing to offer anyway.

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

Dragonatrix posted:

Either be a Geomancer (in which case I'm so sorry for you), have Float from something (time magic, chemist and blue mage can all do it or just get a cat to cast it when confused). Or better still, don't do the trench because its optional and if you don't have a Time Mage it hasn't a drat thing to offer anyway.

I guess if you forgot to grab the legendary weapons your team can actually make use of, nine times?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Yeah the only thing that's even remotely valuable in the Trench is the Flame Ring, but at that point of the game you've already beaten the crystals which is really the only place you might've needed one anyway. I've done the Trench one time in my past two years of Fiestas.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

A geomancer can do it through a job ability (which it also has innately). Some enemies will cast float on your party when confused, controlled, or release. Apart from those, though, your friend is SOL.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

Twelve by Pies posted:

Yeah the only thing that's even remotely valuable in the Trench is the Flame Ring, but at that point of the game you've already beaten the crystals which is really the only place you might've needed one anyway. I've done the Trench one time in my past two years of Fiestas.

But... but dwarves.

• Locked thread