Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Doctor Borris posted:

Also neither side has anything but melee and chaos looks WAY outclassed.

Damnit, I need to stop pretending anyone knows anything more then some pics.

Well if every other starter set they've done is any indication, Sigmar's side will way outclass Chaos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

TheChirurgeon posted:

Well if every other starter set they've done is any indication, Sigmar's side will way outclass Chaos

I don't understand why anyone would complain about this. It's like saying you don't want the good guys to win.

By the way, does anyone have any tips for making friends so I can have someone to play the bad guy army against me?

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I wonder if they've finally crossed the streams and "Sigmar" is the Emperor of Humanity in his early days. They've frequently said he was mistaken for local gods, and the "arriving on magical lightning" has been sci-fi shorthand for teleportation forever.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
hmmmmm

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot
I thought Sigmar was supposed to be one of the lost Primarchs

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
heh hehe

hehe
hehehehe

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Thunder Warriors were the Emperor's pre-space marine GMO warriors, GW's been mining their back catalog for ideas, and the Sigmarines are essentially a current-style revision of this:

It would be kind of neat, but I can't imagine Fantasy players being happy about the last 30 years of setting getting rolled into a 40k footnote.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Poochie Sigmar returned to his home planet, on the way he turned out to be a Primarch and you've secretly been playing 40K all along.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
hahahhhaaahaahahah

hhhuuuuuh

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

What shall we do with a catnipped kitty?
Ordered some orc boar boyz from gw direct to use the boars in my KoW Ogre army on Tuesday.

GW mails me today to say they're out of stock and they don't know when they're going to be restocked and refuses to answer whether they're ever going to be restocked.

A company which owns its own production factory, which does all of its production in-house and not contracted out says that it can't tell me when they're going to be restocking a product, if at all.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

The orks have been riding giant Dinos for like a decade now so this isn't anything new.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
loving LMAO

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Daedleh posted:

Ordered some orc boar boyz from gw direct to use the boars in my KoW Ogre army on Tuesday.

GW mails me today to say they're out of stock and they don't know when they're going to be restocked and refuses to answer whether they're ever going to be restocked.

A company which owns its own production factory, which does all of its production in-house and not contracted out says that it can't tell me when they're going to be restocking a product, if at all.

"Every product is supported" indeed. They ended up cancelling orders I'd placed on some Wood Elf stuff a month or two ago, too.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Daedleh posted:

My plan is to use some Steppes Bison, Aurochs, Daedon and Elasmotherium (pending size check) to tow my Ogre chariots, found a place that does all kinds of neat 28mm scale prehistoric animals that fit the theme I have in my head

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.

NTRabbit posted:

My plan is to use some Steppes Bison, Aurochs, Daedon and Elasmotherium (pending size check) to tow my Ogre chariots, found a place that does all kinds of neat 28mm scale prehistoric animals that fit the theme I have in my head

28MM DINOSAURS LINKS PLEASE

Daedleh
Aug 25, 2008

What shall we do with a catnipped kitty?

Doctor Borris posted:

These guys I think: http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Arcane-Scenery-and-Models/DEEZEE-MINIATURES-/_i.html?_fsub=4771803013&_sid=29047263&_trksid=p4634.c0.m322

No dinos, but plenty of other cool animals

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Doctor Borris posted:

Actually I found these ones, but the more sources the merrier!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Deptfordx posted:

Poochie Sigmar returned to his home planet, on the way he turned out to be a Primarch and you've secretly been playing 40K all along.

Can Imperial Guard ally Skaven yet?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
lol they really loving did it hahaha

hahaha

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

BULBASAUR posted:

Can Imperial Guard ally Skaven yet?

Do it anyway, they aren't the Commissar of you :argh:

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 20:46 on Jun 27, 2015

WINNERSH TRIANGLE
Aug 17, 2011

moths posted:

Thunder Warriors were the Emperor's pre-space marine GMO warriors, GW's been mining their back catalog for ideas, and the Sigmarines are essentially a current-style revision of this:

It would be kind of neat, but I can't imagine Fantasy players being happy about the last 30 years of setting getting rolled into a 40k footnote.

???

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

?!?!

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.
Stolen for the Bad But Old thread!

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

would

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Warhammer: Age of Scruntmar

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

row row fight the powa

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
ahahahaha at the AoS rumours

just lol

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Moola posted:

just lol

Good luck waiting until August to know whether or not there'll ever be a 9th ed WHFB.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Moola posted:

just lol
can you post them in the form of a dashing remix like the eldar thing

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
eh maybe

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
is there a tagline as good as "giving us the D" though

will there ever be one again

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
That video was never available in my region :(

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Not a viking posted:

That video was never available in my region :(

yeah apparently its blocked in Germany because I used 'x gon give it to ya' :/

FrostyPox
Feb 8, 2012

I guess that makes the WHFB thread the Other Bad Thread

LOL at giving GW the benefit of the doubt.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Moola posted:

yeah apparently its blocked in Germany because I used 'x gon give it to ya' :/

Germans do not like the D.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

FrostyPox posted:

I guess that makes the WHFB thread the Other Bad Thread

LOL at giving GW the benefit of the doubt.

I wouldn't say the fantasy thread is the same as the bad thread since the only poster with much frequency that staunchly defends GW is gaylord.

AFAIK all of the non kissasses were chased out of the bad thread where in the fantasy thread it looks like the opposite happened.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Business Gorillas posted:

I wouldn't say the fantasy thread is the same as the bad thread since the only poster with much frequency that staunchly defends GW is gaylord.

AFAIK all of the non kissasses were chased out of the bad thread where in the fantasy thread it looks like the opposite happened.

According to the Fantasy thread the answer to "should I run saurus in blocks of 20 or 25" is "take skinks" which is dumb. Yup, those people.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

LordAba posted:

According to the Fantasy thread the answer to "should I run saurus in blocks of 20 or 25" is "take skinks" which is dumb. Yup, those people.

Idk about the Lizardmen book but there's lots of trap choices in each book. Saurus might be one of those choices and they might be trying to save you some money before you buy some Saurus and find out $40 and hours painting/assembling later that they're poo poo.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

LordAba posted:

Sorry for trying to stop GW from selling you a unit you'll spend a lot of money and time on only to find out its poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
so if AoS/9th totally tank, what game should I convert my skaven to play? warmachine?

• Locked thread