Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

We had the main tank and a dragoon fall off during my bismarck run and we still managed to one-shot it somehow. I did wipe twice on Ravana before a friend and I managed to convince the DPS to stop tunnel visioning the boss and kill butterflies though.

My first ravana fight had a few wipes because people kept falling off. OT kept a wall behind him during his phase, too which didn't help.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlogistic
Oct 22, 2007

We had the main tank and a dragoon fall off during my bismarck run and we still managed to one-shot it somehow. I did wipe twice on Ravana before a friend and I managed to convince the DPS to stop tunnel visioning the boss and kill butterflies though.

And even then we needed to use healer lb3. At least dying gets rid of stacks of vulnerability up!

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
So, a note on Maker's Mark (the 54 GSM ability), since it's kinda confusingly worded: The duration works by giving you 1 turn of it, plus an extra turn for every 100 max progress an item has. So say, a Yeti Fang Ring of Healing (586 progress) will give you 6 steps of Mark. (Turning out to 240 progress for 20 CP.)

Saigyouji fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Jun 29, 2015

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
So how do i get ilvl 145 accessories? I'm ilvl 144 and i am 1 below ilvl 145 for dungeons.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
The DPS in my ravana df group, myself included, tunnel visioned the first attempt and then we did it the second attempt, although things for a bit hairy at the end due to a tank death.

I did enjoy the ravana vs Shiva fight. Seeing 2 primals going at it was cool.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Tenzarin posted:

So how do i get ilvl 145 accessories? I'm ilvl 144 and i am 1 below ilvl 145 for dungeons.

Quest rewards/Auction house.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Intoluene posted:

My first ravana fight had a few wipes because people kept falling off. OT kept a wall behind him during his phase, too which didn't help.

i thought you were supposed to keep a wall behind you? idk, i've done that fight once and havent had to retry it

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Rei_ posted:

i thought you were supposed to keep a wall behind you? idk, i've done that fight once and havent had to retry it

No, because his blast explodes the wall. You should take the hit with the already blown out section behind you

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Rafzakael posted:

armory bonus dungeon exp that I've gotten without rested bonus but with food bonus:

Dusk Vigil: ~250k per run
Sohm Al: ~275k per run
Aery: ~345k per run
Vault: ~385k per run
Gubal: ~508k per run

added Gubal's exp; it'll take 8 gubal runs to get from 59-60 with armory bonus/food, not counting rested

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Rafzakael posted:

added Gubal's exp; it'll take 8 gubal runs to get from 59-60 with armory bonus/food, not counting rested
So what you're saying is, always use your rested on 50-59 alts.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I am losing my loving goddamn mind over how amazingly cool the final MSQ trial is :stonklol:

Mechanics question though: At one point I was maintanking the two knights and I just got loving exploded from 12k to dead. Think it was Holy Bladedance or something. Did I just get limit break'd? What do you do about that?

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

I am losing my loving goddamn mind over how amazingly cool the final MSQ trial is :stonklol:

Mechanics question though: At one point I was maintanking the two knights and I just got loving exploded from 12k to dead. Think it was Holy Bladedance or something. Did I just get limit break'd? What do you do about that?

You're (probably) supposed to split them between the tanks and simply mitigate it. For the normal version, though, you can just Holmgang/Hallowed Ground/Zombie Power your way through it.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

So what you're saying is, always use your rested on 50-59 alts.

That's my plan basically, yeah. Gubal is fun though so I don't mind it; everything else, even Vault, is a chore with pugs; especially Vault, even, because spending 45 minutes in every other run explaining mechanics isn't great. Best to take friends

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Even with DF groups, I think the most explanation I had to give in Vault was "don't stand in front of / beside portals or you'll die".

Runs generally took 25 minutes.

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Ciaphas posted:

Yes, they both use a Holy Bladedance LB. Either have the other tank grab one of them or pop a big CD to survive it.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

nuru posted:

Even with DF groups, I think the most explanation I had to give in Vault was "don't stand in front of / beside portals or you'll die".

Runs generally took 25 minutes.

that's cool, i'm glad for you

i've had runs where i've broken down the fight entirely and we've vote abandoned

not all groups are the same!!!!

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Rafzakael posted:

That's my plan basically, yeah. Gubal is fun though so I don't mind it; everything else, even Vault, is a chore with pugs; especially Vault, even, because spending 45 minutes in every other run explaining mechanics isn't great. Best to take friends

Don't spend 45 minutes explaining, just pull. :confused:

Seriously nothing is really that hard that I've wiped more than once with pubbies, even the garbage ones, and I pretty much just chainpull everything so the DPS never do anything embarrassing by making them put their dick in their pants for 3 goddamned seconds.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

Rafzakael posted:

I play healers, and the last boss of Vault even with a good group makes me all :supaburn: so I prefer not to run it unless I can kick back and DPS :v:

e: Paladins who use clemency correctly are a gift from god

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Rafzakael posted:

First week of expansion quietly coming to a end. You fuckers better go watch youtube and learn fights!~

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Actually now that I've finished the MSQ, I'm not sure what to do. Play SMN from 50, play DRG from 50, or what. I need a break from DRK (the 60) for a while, I think. :(

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I still can't believe that the Paladin 50-60 job quest was a thing that someone wrote down and thought "Yes, this is good."

RuanGacho
Jun 20, 2002

"You're gunna break it!"

Eej posted:

I still can't believe that the Paladin 50-60 job quest was a thing that someone wrote down and thought "Yes, this is good."

It seems like they really had no idea what to do with it.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Boten Anna posted:

Don't spend 45 minutes explaining, just pull. :confused:

Seriously nothing is really that hard that I've wiped more than once with pubbies, even the garbage ones, and I pretty much just chainpull everything so the DPS never do anything embarrassing by making them put their dick in their pants for 3 goddamned seconds.

If I were tanking I would (and did!), but I'm a healer now so that's not going to work! A good tank does make Vault trivial though

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Boten Anna posted:

do anything embarrassing by making them put their dick in their pants for 3 goddamned seconds.

Do you take your pants off, then put your dick in them? Usually my dick is in my pants, except on the bus because you know killing 2 birds with one stone.

brokenknee
Aug 3, 2014

rip this guy

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Ciaphas posted:

Split the knights and don't tank both. Or you can try using hallowed/holmgang/living dead but IDK if their bladedance is one of the hits that can ignore it. I'm guessing they're fine since the Bardmode version of that fight will almost certainly require the tank(s) to use immunity to survive their LBs.

In the story fight you can also likely survive it as a tank with regular cooldowns like Vengeance.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Eej posted:

What is it? I will likely not get my paladin to 60 ever.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Thumbtacks posted:

What is it? I will likely not get my paladin to 60 ever.

Paladin 50-60: The old Roegadyn who went off to search for Oathkeeper is apparently dead and at his grave there's a young Elezen dude who apparently was his newest student. From 50-58 you try to uncover the mysterious circumcstances of his death and at the end of each bit you find a piece of Gallant armor that you give to the kid to wear.

At the end it is revealed that this was the old guy's secret plan to power up the kid's Paladin soul crystal so that he can be powerful enough to make Oathkeeper glow. Except you're there and your souls are both so powerful that they conflict with one another so you gotta beat the poo poo out of the kid for your soul to assert dominance.

Yes.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Eej posted:

Par for the course as far as PLD quests are concerned

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
that sounds loving sweet

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
It starts okay, it's got a nice hook, but it gets weird and at least one of the characters isn't all that interesting.

Dukka
Apr 28, 2007

lock teams or bust

DRG on the other hand is just the story of your #1 fangirl.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.
It was pretty cool to start out with since even though it was pretty obvious that Solkzagyl was super not dead, it was cool seeing a class quest where you were the mentor to a young paladin and seeing him collect Paladin AF piece-by-piece as you progressed through the quest chain, in the end it just fell apart and became nigh-incoherent and pointless. Even though fighting Solkzagyl was pretty fun.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
I'm fairly sure the only thing BLM 50-60 lacked to be The Blues Brothers was a Chocobo case scene through vendor stalls in Ul'dah.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Rei_ posted:

After he knocks everyone back and then focuses the OT, you want to put a gap behind you as the OT. When the three tether balls spawn, the line AoE he telegraphs will punch out a section of the wall.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

After how great the 30-50 quests were, I'm really not enjoying the new ninja storyline.

Mostly due to the crippling lack of Karasu.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

The Monk 50-60 storyline was great if only for the final battle where you become Goku.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I was goku all along

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

that sounds loving sweet

Yeah that sounds ownage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.
Is there any way to turn real life dollars into gil that doesn't involve the potential of getting banned? Can you trade the mounts bought from the store?

• Locked thread