Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

John Murdoch posted:

This just makes me want to see Micronauts cosplay. :(

I got you covered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Dick Trauma posted:

I got you covered.

God those are THE WORST Halloween costumes.

Only the tiniest of children don't realize that a blow-molded mask and a garbage-bag poncho with a picture of the character on it is ultra :effort:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Boat posted:

Only the tiniest of children don't realize that a blow-molded mask and a garbage-bag poncho with a picture of the character on it is ultra :effort:

It's more of a "poorer than dirt" option than a serious choice.

Mildly Amusing
May 2, 2012

room temperature

This is too good to ignore

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Boat posted:

I don't think the real Radioactive Man wears a plastic smock with a picture of his face on it

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Sebastian Vettel posted:

I don't think the real Radioactive Man wears a plastic smock with a picture of his face on it

He would on Halloween!

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I've never understood how it's any harder to make the front look like the character's chest instead of a nonsensical picture of them.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

Look, it's what we GOT in the late 70s/early 80s and shut up my Skeletor one was awesome.

I was a tiny child at the time, but a tiny child leaping out from behind the door to give out candy and still scaring older kids left a biased impression! :3:

Normal Barbarian
Nov 24, 2006

mind the walrus posted:

Kraven the Hunter

Kate Beaton's excellent Kraven the Hunter got me looking for any Hark a Vagrant related cosplays, but there are no Strong Female Characters (genderswapped or otherwise), to be found.

It's probably for the best.

Solenna
Jun 5, 2003

I'd say it was your manifest destiny not to.

mind the walrus posted:

You tipped your hand.

Googling "Sexy Spider-Man Cosplay" brings up around 10 ladies for every one dude. Wonder why that is?

I know her, that's awesome! She's super nice, and has a good Skrull outfit too.

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

It's hard to make men sexy since men aren't hyper sexualized. Like those Spiderman poses would be sexy if it was a woman.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

rodbeard posted:

It's hard to make men sexy since men aren't hyper sexualized. Like those Spiderman poses would be sexy if it was a woman.

I hear a lot of dudes are gay.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

rodbeard posted:

women are usually stylised for men's sexual fantasy

men are usually stylised for men's power fantasy

too bad women, find your fantasy where the scraps land

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Dr_Amazing posted:

I've never understood how it's any harder to make the front look like the character's chest instead of a nonsensical picture of them.

Some of the ponchos did look like the character's outfit, but the more absurd ones they just used a logo or picture.

If I ever do cosplay at a convension, I'm totally doing the smock and bad face mask thing.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

rodbeard posted:

Well on the one hand ....

But on the other hand ....

And on the other other hand ...

Sexy Brian Cranston cosplay

I think this last one is also supposed to be sexy but it just looks uncomfortable to me:

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Sexy Brian Cranston cosplay

The realism of the giant head makes this terrifying, it's like a video game mod but in real life

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

You'll love this then:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

mind the walrus posted:

You'll love this then:

A goon's idea of the perfect girl:

Edit: here's the artist's facebook photo page
https://www.facebook.com/landon.meier.16/media_set?set=a.10200735889461186.1073741833.1280509318&type=1

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 14:04 on Jun 29, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
:stonk:

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Boat posted:

I remember seeing a Superman one in the grocery store as a child. The smock had a picture of Superman, and it included a red domino mask because they couldn't think of anything for the face. I wanted a Superman costume, but even I knew that was loving stupid.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Wow

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming

Samuel posted:

Not enough cosplay going on:

Is this a reflective contact, or is it just a regular gray colored contact with good lighting?

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
Obviously not complete yet but I'm super impressed by this Warhammer build by Drack Props so far, drat.

Patattack
Nov 23, 2008

The English Language!

McPantserton posted:

Obviously not complete yet but I'm super impressed by this Warhammer build by Drack Props so far, drat.

Holy crap. At first it looks like really elaborate cardboard, but then you look closer...

I mean, that chestplate..!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Well on the one hand ....

I think this last one is also supposed to be sexy but it just looks uncomfortable to me:

The guy in the middle is on Saturday Night Live, isn't he?

And the girl obviously didn't realize Sculpey shrinks by 25% when you bake it.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

The guy in the middle is on Saturday Night Live, isn't he?

And the girl obviously didn't realize Sculpey shrinks by 25% when you bake it.

Or does she...

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Boat posted:

Hey man, my Peter Criss costume was the cat's pajamas in 1982.

benito
Sep 28, 2004

And I don't blab
any drab gab--
I chatter hep patter

rodbeard posted:

Check out Spider-Man's waist and hips in this Boris Vallejo painting. When drawing Spider-Man, he'd have his wife Julie Bell model because the character's classic poses are difficult for the male pelvis to pull off.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

benito posted:

Check out Spider-Man's waist and hips in this Boris Vallejo painting. When drawing Spider-Man, he'd have his wife Julie Bell model because the character's classic poses are difficult for the male pelvis to pull off.

That's making my shin ache just looking at it.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

benito posted:

I wish I could find it but years ago I read an interview with a woman who worked at Marvel's offices in the 70s who pointed out to the man (possibly Stan?) in charge at the time that yes, women noticed how Puritanically smooth the crotches were on heroes leaping full-bore legs askew at the viewer. This was long before the Internet got up in arms about this sort of thing, but still an early version of how disparate and double-standard-y the medium - and by extension much of the cosplay - was and is in many circles.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
well you see dicks are only sexual while boobs arent

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

I wish I could find it but years ago I read an interview with a woman who worked at Marvel's offices in the 70s who pointed out to the man (possibly Stan?) in charge at the time that yes, women noticed how Puritanically smooth the crotches were on heroes leaping full-bore legs askew at the viewer. This was long before the Internet got up in arms about this sort of thing, but still an early version of how disparate and double-standard-y the medium - and by extension much of the cosplay - was and is in many circles.

Nah, that's intentional, see, before Peter Parker goes out to patrol, he takes one of those plastic cards that you get with screen covers and gives his junk a once-over and that pushes out the bubble in the suit. :pseudo:

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

You know a cup seems like a pretty smart thing to wear as a dude that gets into fights with a frequency so I'd say it's not that ridiculous to expect a pretty smooth dick-zone

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

LingcodKilla posted:

Or does she...

Nope, working as intended:

Now how Witchblade got an anime adaptation 10 years after its prime is another question entirely.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

404GoonNotFound posted:

Nope, working as intended:

Now how Witchblade got an anime adaptation 10 years after its prime is another question entirely.

TopCow threw money at it to make it happen, iirc :homebrew:.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Skyscraper posted:

Is this a reflective contact, or is it just a regular gray colored contact with good lighting?

I think it's a photoshop.

McPantserton posted:

Jesus christ that is amazing but it has gotta be a bitch and a half getting through doors in that armor. Dat chestplate...

Anime witchblade looks like foam boob armor (or, actually, all foam armor, boob and shoulder and whatnot), not sculpey. It'd be a hell of a lot more comfortable anyway.

Samuel
Nov 5, 2011

McPantserton posted:

Tutorial when.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Neddy Seagoon posted:

TopCow threw money at it to make it happen, iirc :homebrew:.

TopCow are just really good at completely missing the peak of their franchises.

See also: A Darkness video game in 2007.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Found on imgur.

Edit: This too.

http://imgur.com/gallery/9uqJ0

Say Nothing has a new favorite as of 06:18 on Jul 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyscraper
Oct 1, 2004

Hurry Up, We're Dreaming