Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

SelenicMartian posted:

"You're in my way, sir" haunted his videos for years.

It was funny until he finished the game and brought it with him to other videos.

Early Spoony was great. Check out his Phantasmagoria 2, Ripper, or SWAT 4 LPs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I kinda want to get some goons together and do a co-op LP of SWAT 4 and the expansion pack.

Earnestly
Apr 24, 2010

Jazz hands!

chitoryu12 posted:

I kinda want to get some goons together and do a co-op LP of SWAT 4 and the expansion pack.

I'd watch that if the premise was "some friends do a co-op LP of swat 4" and not just "some goons." If there's no chemistry, then it might flop.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

dreezy posted:

Speaking of Lets Plays Spoony did a pretty good Lets Play of SWAT 4 back when he was still watchable

http://spoonyexperiment.com/lets-play/lets-play-swat-4-mission-1-dungeons-damsels/

Honestly it did SWAT 4 a huge disservice. It was a great game, made to look bad by his incompetence. The canned responses by your squad members were annoying, though, that much I'll give him.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Earnestly posted:

I'd watch that if the premise was "some friends do a co-op LP of swat 4" and not just "some goons." If there's no chemistry, then it might flop.

Swat 4 basically needs good chemistry to even play later levels. People MIGHT be able to blunder their way up to A-bomb, but anything after that, if you're not a solid team you're basically hosed. Even WITH a solid team, some of those missions are dick-grindingly tough.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Earnestly posted:

Might be tricky to find a group of 5 friends who play SWAT 4, but goons with good chemistry would still be awesome. It's definitely one of my favorite games.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Danaru posted:

Swat 4 basically needs good chemistry to even play later levels. People MIGHT be able to blunder their way up to A-bomb, but anything after that, if you're not a solid team you're basically hosed. Even WITH a solid team, some of those missions are dick-grindingly tough.

I think you are talking about the wrong game. There were A-bombs in SWAT 3, which was an etremely unforgiving and difficult game, much more so than SWAT 4, but there are no A-bombs in SWAT 4.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

steinrokkan posted:

I think you are talking about the wrong game. There were A-bombs in SWAT 3, which was an etremely unforgiving and difficult game, much more so than SWAT 4, but there are no A-bombs in SWAT 4.

No, he's talking about the dance club mission. The club was named A-Bomb.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Earnestly posted:

i've seen a couple of attempts at playing the game in coop and amazingly the people would invariably end up doing far worse than the AI. Talk whatever crap you want about the AI, at least it follows some procedure instead of just charging blindly into hostile territory.

TheMcD posted:

No, he's talking about the dance club mission. The club was named A-Bomb.

Oh, right, that one can be tricky indeed.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Danaru posted:

The night club is where I got stonewalled on single player. The way the rooms, AI, and shooting are set up it's very easy for your AI SWAT buddies to end up walking directly into shooting range in big open rooms without opening fire, letting them get nailed. And the lack of iron sights and horrific accuracy of guns without stopping to aim means good luck hitting the bad guys first.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

chitoryu12 posted:

The night club is where I got stonewalled on single player. The way the rooms, AI, and shooting are set up it's very easy for your AI SWAT buddies to end up walking directly into shooting range in big open rooms without opening fire, letting them get nailed. And the lack of iron sights and horrific accuracy of guns without stopping to aim means good luck hitting the bad guys first.

The dance club is the first map which requires you to issue separate orders to your two teams, and once you accept the need to split your guys and order them around through the remote camera view, it becomes quite easy. In fact, the cleansing of the upper level lounge from both entrances at once is probably the most satisfying moment in the game.

Please try playing SWAT 3 if you think SWAT 4 is difficult, that game was a loving nightmare.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
lol

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

I don't know if these technically counts as an LP, but Wil Wheton's running an RPG campaign.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

Yvonmukluk posted:

I don't know if these technically counts as an LP, but Wil Wheton's running an RPG campaign.

Thanks for the link, and I hope you'll forgive me if I'm not exactly enthusiastic about watching an lp by a guy who's made his living off being a prime example of nerdom or nerd culture or whatever fits best here.

And the occasional Big Bang Cameo.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
I don't know who this Wil dude is, but it's funny seeing people like Troy Baker and Yuri Lowenthal sit around a table, playing some board games that i've played with a few friends myself.

They dropped the ball by not getting Vin Diesel to join their RPG session, though.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HenryEx posted:

I don't know who this Wil dude is, but it's funny seeing people like Troy Baker and Yuri Lowenthal sit around a table, playing some board games that i've played with a few friends myself.

They dropped the ball by not getting Vin Diesel to join their RPG session, though.

It's Wesley Crusher from Star Trek. That was like his sole claim to fame other than being an uber geek who yells at people on Twitter.

Geek & Sundry have a weekly RPG campaign on their Twitch channel with different folks which I find more entertaining, despite it being long and not filled with animations etc.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

He mostly plays tabletop games on the Internet with other more or less famous people. It's the same basic concept of a Let's Play. Speaking of which...

Klaus88 posted:

Thanks for the link, and I hope you'll forgive me if I'm not exactly enthusiastic about watching an lp by a guy who's made his living off being a prime example of nerdom or nerd culture or whatever fits best here.

When you say that, do you mean "nerd culture" of the gamers.txt or grognards.txt kind, or a more general culture of people interested in nerdy stuff? Because as far as I am aware Wheaton is a stand up guy.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Yvonmukluk posted:

It's a terrible, boring and entirely unlikeable shithead talking about some of the most boring things ever devissed by human race

You know, I never thought somebody would challenge the existing Worst Game Award held by the Square Simulator, but I guess you deserve the title for being not only the worst YouTube channel in existence, but also for having the most terrible advertisement. I hope you loving choke on your own poo poo, guys, please don't post on this forum any more.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I don't know who Wil Wheaton is other than "he's a famous person" and this seems alright to me

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

steinrokkan posted:

It's a terrible, boring and entirely unlikeable shithead talking about some of the most boring things ever devissed by human race

You know, I never thought somebody would challenge the existing Worst Game Award held by the Square Simulator, but I guess you deserve the title for being not only the worst YouTube channel in existence, but also for having the most terrible advertisement. I hope you loving choke on your own poo poo, guys, please don't post on this forum any more.

Are you having a breakdown?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I can't help but think Steinrokkan is talking about himself and not that Wheaton guy.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
The only time I heard about Wil Wheaton beyond star trek was that he went on a twitter rant, calling some guy sexist for not knowing who Felicia Day was. I figured he was a dillhole and ignored anything about him since.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I can't help but think Steinrokkan is talking about himself and not that Wheaton guy.

What a crushing retort! You should be writing presidential speeches, your ability to suck is quite wasted here!

I guess this will wheton guy is a celebrity, very much like the winner of the largest radish in the Würzburg area!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

steinrokkan posted:

What a crushing retort! You should be writing presidential speeches, your ability to suck is quite wasted here!

I make more money in the sex trade, sorry :bigtran:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I make more money in the sex trade, sorry :bigtran:

You truly exemplify your favourite thread; People talking about dumb poo poo no one cares about.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

steinrokkan posted:

... but enough about your posting

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

steinrokkan posted:

You truly exemplify your favourite thread; People talking about dumb poo poo no one cares about.

who even are you

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Suspicious Dish posted:

... but enough about your posting

Whoah, a twentieth humorist appears to destroy me with his razor sharp wit!

I'd better get ready to spend the rest of the day laughing, because the swift reaction guys are ready to come up with their hilarious unique routines!

CJacobs posted:

who even are you

Same

It's hardly my fault that thread exists, is it.

steinrokkan fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jun 29, 2015

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer
Yo guys, did you know about this handy feature:

as an added bonus, it'll make him mad that you can't even see his self-fellating retorts about how much he doesn't care that you ignore him, it's great

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

HenryEx posted:

Yo guys, did you know about this handy feature:

as an added bonus, it'll make him mad that you can't even see his self-fellating retorts about how much he doesn't care that you ignore him, it's great

I had no idea you were so invested into that youtube channel, I'm sorry about that.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

steinrokkan posted:

I had no idea you were so invested into that youtube channel, I'm sorry about that.

He can't see you retard.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Testekill posted:

He can't see you retard.

Well now he can.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
I'm not sure if he's having a mental breakdown or if he's just a GBS poster.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Testekill posted:

He can't see you retard.

Steinrokkan is John Cena

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Steinrokkan is John Cena

Well, John Cena makes people turn off their tvs and Steinrokkan makes people exit threads so there's a similarity.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

what the hell just happened :psyduck:

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

RareAcumen posted:

what the hell just happened :psyduck:

A GBS poster or a mental breakdown.

Possibly both

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

The Vosgian Beast posted:

A GBS poster or a mental breakdown.

There's a difference?!

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Unfunny Poster posted:

It's Wesley Crusher from Star Trek. That was like his sole claim to fame other than being an uber geek who yells at people on Twitter.

Geek & Sundry have a weekly RPG campaign on their Twitch channel with different folks which I find more entertaining, despite it being long and not filled with animations etc.

I mean I know he was a kid and it was a long time ago but did people just forget Stand By Me?

I don't hate Wheaton, but most of what I have ever gone to him for was neat tabletop games to play with friends, and that series has plenty of other personalities to make it interesting. The Cards Against Humanity episode of Table Top (featuring Aisha Tyler amongst others) is pretty good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCEqUn7If44

Also I thought it was neat early on in Table Tops life when retailers would actually have little Geek & Sundry stickers on games like Settlers of Catan and Ticket to Ride

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Shut Up & Sit Down are better than Table Top if you're interested in learning about different board games.

• Locked thread