Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

zVxTeflon posted:

Well ended up 4-2 with Dash + Coran

lost my last game when head up his rear end Coran rolled all blanks on defense and died before he could double tap a wounded range 1 Vrill with TL. Dash spent the entire game soloing Chewy + Vrill till it was just chewy with 3 hull left and Dash took a munitions failure crit and lost HLC. 2 attacks couldnt power through evade + c3p0 and that was the end of my day. 94 people I think and this store was 100 times better than the place picked last year. Really nice clean place and they even had a food truck the whole day with tables and chairs outside. Hope this place gets it again next year.

Oh winning list was some weird Coran, Biggs, Jake Farrel combo. I dont know the exact upgrades but you can watch a choppy soundless video of the final match here

I was in one of the blue Twin Cities X-Wing shirts. Ran 5 Zs, both named and three Talas with a variety of missiles. Went 3-3, with that list I tend to win any game I fire all 5 missiles in.

The Chewie Vrill list was probably one of my friends, he missed the cut by one spot!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Has anyone tried running Etan with a pair of Y-Wings with blaster turrets and the title? I want to try it and see how up to 5 mangler cannon type attacks on a target work out. The meta at my store is lots of Falcons or decimates, and I am trying to find a way to crack them that doesn't just involve flying big ships.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

pbpancho posted:

I was in one of the blue Twin Cities X-Wing shirts. Ran 5 Zs, both named and three Talas with a variety of missiles. Went 3-3, with that list I tend to win any game I fire all 5 missiles in.

The Chewie Vrill list was probably one of my friends, he missed the cut by one spot!

I'd like to hear more about your Zs. I've been running them lately (as Scum) and I've just been running bare Binayre Pirates but I'd be interested in finding something more interesting to do with them.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Any guesses on when the Imperial Raider is due in stores?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

October. However it's shaky since rumors say it won't be legal for worlds - in November.

pbpancho
Feb 17, 2004
-=International Sales=-

BattleMaster posted:

I'd like to hear more about your Zs. I've been running them lately (as Scum) and I've just been running bare Binayre Pirates but I'd be interested in finding something more interesting to do with them.

The list is the following:

Cracken with Squad Leader and Cluster Missiles
Blount with Deadeye and Ion Pulse
Tala with Homing
Tala with Homing
Tala with Cluster or Concussion

Cracken makes sure missiles fire with TL and focus, either by Squad Leadering an action and then passing one with his attack, or TLing, and passing two with the two cluster attacks. The homings are pretty much a sure 4 hits each. Blount's only job is to tag the most dangerous enemy ship with the ion pulse to set up the kill.

My wins were against Super Dash and 3 Talas, Brobots, and Kath/Boba (scum). Ion'd Dash, an IG, and Boba. It's definitely best against two ship lists, and is certainly reliant on you getting the missiles off, but it's fun, and something different from the usual meta lists!

Feeple
Jul 17, 2004

My favorite part of this hobby is the rules arguments.
Is anyone using Tycho effectively anymore? A pal of mine won an alt Tycho art card (and I like him as an EU character,) so i kind of want to show off the card and play with him. Given PTL is practically default.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

He's ok with p rockets but the A wing's low attack value continues to hurt it.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
No clue where to post this (or if it's been posted before) but I know there are x-wing/tie fighter heads up in here: http://www.pcgamer.com/star-force-is-an-x-wing-sequel-in-all-but-name/

https://vimeo.com/125336899

I want this.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

yellowjournalism posted:

No clue where to post this (or if it's been posted before) but I know there are x-wing/tie fighter heads up in here: http://www.pcgamer.com/star-force-is-an-x-wing-sequel-in-all-but-name/

https://vimeo.com/125336899

I want this.

I like how these ship designs are literally just iconic Star Wars ones with a minor detail or two added. Disney is pretty litigious, these guys are pretty gutsy.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/6/29/slam-and-bomb/

I'm thinking I really will try the k wing as Han's partner. I like the possibilities more than a stripped YT2400. Imagine the named K wing pilot with TLT and a tactician. Recharge shields every turn.

Chill la Chill fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jun 29, 2015

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
I saw the K wing preview and it looks interesting. 23 points for a PWT is unusual.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

K-Wings :swoon:

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

They indeed look pretty decent. But ugly.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

If that thing has a decent dial KKKK is going to be a thing. 23 points is unbelievably cheap for the stats.

One less attack dice than Bs, sure, but one more hitpoint, and the turret means that you basically can't be outmaneuvered and can more often get all your guns on a single target.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
2 attack dice is a pretty huge drawback though. I think smart bomb use with the SLAM action could mitigate that though.

Also, potential for 4 proton bombs for 12 points! A steal! :v:

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Some of our locals are giving tournament reports back from the Boise Idaho regional last weekend. They were pissed, the TO changed the time limit from 75 to 65 minutes which I guess is a big no no according to the regional rules packet.

Combine that and the TO was manually calculating matches by hand. There was a 40 minute time frame between each match.

And the straw that broke the camels back, no AC.

Any Boise goons play in that regional? Curious to get another perspective of the event

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Geisladisk posted:

If that thing has a decent dial KKKK is going to be a thing. 23 points is unbelievably cheap for the stats.

One less attack dice than Bs, sure, but one more hitpoint, and the turret means that you basically can't be outmaneuvered and can more often get all your guns on a single target.

I just wonder how manuverable they are. While SLAM looks nice, a limited dial will limit its use.

And what would make 4 K-Wings better than 4 Y-Wings with autoblaster (or maybe regular blaster turret) for the same amount of points or less? This is assuming that 2 dice at range 3 are not going to reliably hit anything other than a Decimator.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Langolas posted:

Some of our locals are giving tournament reports back from the Boise Idaho regional last weekend. They were pissed, the TO changed the time limit from 75 to 65 minutes which I guess is a big no no according to the regional rules packet.

Combine that and the TO was manually calculating matches by hand. There was a 40 minute time frame between each match.

Any Boise goons play in that regional? Curious to get another perspective of the event

what the gently caress

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Please keep pestering FFG about the current way they choose regionals stores because there should me a modicum of effort on the store's part for a "premiere" event.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

Chill la Chill posted:

Please keep pestering FFG about the current way they choose regionals stores because there should me a modicum of effort on the store's part for a "premiere" event.

Yeah I sent FFG a note after the Raleigh regional. No idea if they even read them, they only seem to care about Worlds.

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

Chill la Chill posted:

Some of the reports are saying the TO had never used the tournament software and just gave up and did it by hand. All my knowledge is second hand so I really don't know what went down. Take everything I say with a grain of salt.

However, when someone DROPS OUT of a regional event due to the mishandling by a TO you know big mistakes were being made. Can't wait to see what drama comes of all this, I love watching dramabombs from a safe distance.

The reports of the final table say it was an epic game and the winner flew the whole day near perfect. Everyone agreed that that guy earned and deserved to win

Edit for Alg: FFG already responded to one of the guys and is investigating. Ian Birdsall reached out directly

EdBlackadder
Apr 8, 2009
Lipstick Apathy

Chill la Chill posted:

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/6/29/slam-and-bomb/

I'm thinking I really will try the k wing as Han's partner. I like the possibilities more than a stripped YT2400. Imagine the named K wing pilot with TLT and a tactician. Recharge shields every turn.

Both the named pilots look fun, I'm far more interested in this wave now. Really looks solid and fun.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

To be fair, we tried the FFG software at a small tournament this weekend for LCG and it didn't work. Pairings had to be done manually. The store owner is an IT guy so he understands software.

edit: no AC at a game tournament is hosed.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I think one of the regionals I've been to ended up using the old unofficial software for the tournament.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Geisladisk posted:

I'd rather load them up some and run KKK. For when I'm not flying my General Lee falcon repaint. Where are you g

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
It's going to be hard to sway me from my no-fucks-given XXX squad, but KKK sounds like it could give the Rogues a run for their money.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
Really need to get a better name than KKK. 3K, Zergrush (kekeke), something.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Kekeke sounds great. I'll try to spread it around nova squadron to stick.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Langolas posted:

I was there and am local, this is 100% correct.

All About Games doesn't really do x-wing organized play, the other two stores in town do, so I was surprised to see them even have the regional (let alone it being in Boise). They ran over to the hardware store a couple shops down and bought a dozen or so box fans as the event was starting, since it was in an empty shop and not their normal store. The heat wasn't even a surprise, its been 100+ here pretty much the whole week prior. 40 minutes between matches is generous, when people started asking to have the score mistakes corrected, it was closer to an hour.

Dagon fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Jun 29, 2015

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

The Gate posted:

Really need to get a better name than KKK. 3K, Zergrush (kekeke), something.

Well, it'll go well with the guy who wanted to paint the Confederate flag on his Falcon. :v:

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

Dagon posted:

I was there and am local, this is 100% correct.

All About Games doesn't really do x-wing organized play, the other two stores in town do, so I was surprised to see them even have the regional (let alone it being in Boise). They ran over to the hardware store a couple shops down and bought a dozen or so box fans as the event was starting, since it was in an empty shop and not their normal store. The heat wasn't even a surprise, its been 100+ here pretty much the whole week prior. 40 minutes between matches is generous, when people started asking to have the score mistakes corrected, it was closer to an hour.

Make sure to email FFG about it. We've gotten good responses emailing customerservice at fantasyflightgames.com. Viewpoints from non-outoftowners will make sure things like that don't happen again in your community. And make the visiting players actually want to return to play with ya'all.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Is it just me or do plasma torps seem really sucky. I mean, yes 1 bonus damage, but only against shields

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
They're torpedoes. If they weren't sucky they'd be strictly better than other torpedoes, which is a thing FFG if trying not to do for some reason.

Taran_Wanderer
Nov 4, 2013

bunnyofdoom posted:

Is it just me or do plasma torps seem really sucky. I mean, yes 1 bonus damage, but only against shields

They're probably still the best Torpedo, as they're only 3 points. I'm just annoyed Extra Munitions are a Torpedo Upgrade rather then a Modification. Let me run four Torpedoes on each of my Y-Wings :(

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

I just started thinking about some crazy builds with the twin laser cannon. Throw a tactician on the K-Wing or HWK, and you can start throwing all kinds of stress around. Being limited to inside your arc kinda weakens it a bit, but could still be pretty brutal. Especially since it does not appear that both shots have to be against the same target.

mellowjournalism
Jul 31, 2004

helllooo
I doubt you can choose different targets cause the text is the same phrasing as cluster missiles. (If you can shoot cluster missiles at 2 people then never mind)

Side question who uses cluster missiles

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

yellowjournalism posted:

Side question who uses cluster missiles

N'dru and Airen Cracken

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
Hey so, in regards to barrel-rolling, what are the restrictions? (at work at present so I can't check, and I doubt I'll remember by the time I get home) Since, seeing as there are no bumps on the sides to indicate where to place the movement template, could I do what's in example 1 below, where you effectively moving forward a small amount, in addition to sideways? And if that's the case, could I do what's in example 2, where you're actually moving backwards while moving sideways? Or would I have to do what's being depicted in example 3, where the template is being placed along the front (or rear, doesn't matter) edge, and has to be placed in the same spot on the other side, so you just move sideways?

Thanks (and boy did those examples take longer than what was worth it, heh)

code:
Example 1:
       +---+
       | ^ |
+---+--| 2 |
| ^ |=>|   |
| 1 |--+---+
|   | 
+---+

Example 2:
+---+
| ^ |
| 1 |--+---+
|   |=>| ^ |
+---+--| 2 |
       |   |
       +---+

Example 3:
+---+--+---+
| ^ |=>| ^ |
| 1 |--| 2 |
|   |  |   |
+---+  +---+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
The only restriction on barrel rolling is that the edge of the movement template you're using has to lie entirely within the side of the ship's base, you can't have half the edge of the template hanging off into empty space. Otherwise you're absolutely correct, you can barrel roll forwards as well as backwards and this is an extremely useful way to get yourself out of someone's arc or set up your own shot. Or you can just roll to the side without any forward or backward movement, your choice.

• Locked thread