Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

10 minutes into John Wick and I am really not sad Theon lost his balls now.

Scorched earth on some mother fuckers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Newest household acquisition courtesy of my aunt and uncle cleaning out their attic. Has a record player built into the bottom. It was my mom's radio when she was in high school.

Current plan is to polish it replace the knobs (have the model number so it should be simple to find similar replacements) and set a nice pair of Bluetooth speakers in there. Get working to where it lights up when it's turned on. Down the line get it to where the radio works again if possible.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Newest household acquisition courtesy of my aunt and uncle cleaning out their attic. Has a record player built into the bottom. It was my mom's radio when she was in high school.

Current plan is to polish it replace the knobs (have the model number so it should be simple to find similar replacements) and set a nice pair of Bluetooth speakers in there. Get working to where it lights up when it's turned on. Down the line get it to where the radio works again if possible.

umph i have a fetish for old electronics.

i had a fantastic wood-paneled sony tv cabinet growing up that was gorgeous, too bad the tube blew on it

looked kinda like this

the biggest pain to get the radio working on that unit as-is is getting the tubes for it

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
My girlfriend has one of these with a shitload of old records for it. poo poo that was made before WW1 old.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Oh drat. Well this radio is from 1947. It cost $250 (equivalent to $2500 today :stare:) - it has FM and an automatic record changer.

The 4k flatscreen of its day :science:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Mike-o posted:

My girlfriend has one of these with a shitload of old records for it. poo poo that was made before WW1 old.

god drat that is beautiful

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

i had a fantastic wood-paneled sony tv cabinet growing up that was gorgeous, too bad the tube blew on it

looked kinda like this

the biggest pain to get the radio working on that unit as-is is getting the tubes for it

I have an 80's style restaurant arcade table that's been retro-fit with a 20 inch flat screen LCD and a 60 game board with poo poo like space invaders, pong, 1943, galga, etc. in my game room. I was gonna repaint it, but instead I kept it looking rough after I saw it had all the old Japanese metal stamps and serial numbers on it.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Booblord Zagats posted:

I have an 80's style restaurant arcade table that's been retro-fit with a 20 inch flat screen LCD and a 60 game board with poo poo like space invaders, pong, 1943, galga, etc. in my game room. I was gonna repaint it, but instead I kept it looking rough after I saw it had all the old Japanese metal stamps and serial numbers on it.

That is so cool

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I'm coming over to your place, I'll bring a bunch of beer.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

SquirrelyPSU posted:

10 minutes into John Wick and I am really not sad Theon lost his balls now.

Scorched earth on some mother fuckers.

Yeah, John Wick is pretty loving great.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
All the top scores are my 9 year old nephew and my buddy's 8 year old son. One of them asked if they could have it as their college graduation gift. I said only if it was Ivy league

Pictured: Cool serial plate

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
what if they join the marines

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mike-o posted:

what if they join the marines

They're out of the will

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

that is rad as gently caress

normally i kinda get mad when people retrofit those awesome old arcade machine with the multi-JAMMA units but w/e your nephew is having fun with it so i'll shut my idiot mouth

there's a dude who makes replica Viewlix cabinets for like $800 bucks online and I seriously want to buy one just to toss my PS3 into for all the fighting games I downloaded onto it

also rec room masters, the company that made the abortion of a fightstick called the X-ARCADE TANKSTICK or w/e got their head out of their rear end and made a pretty decent arcade cab kit as well for about the same price

i just moved in to a new house this past weekend so I have absolutely no money for anything right now but now that I have room I am seriously wanting something for my office like this

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

enjoy your upcoming malevolent haunting

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.
Chat thread is still Dad Chat as gently caress.

Not saying that poo poo isn't rad, cuz it is.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I want one of these

http://www.thebiglebowskipinball.com/

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

looked kinda like this

lol man gently caress moving those things and old projection big screens in general

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Boy True Detective is a wet fart two episodes in.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

holocaust bloopers posted:

Yea I don't know what the gently caress is happening. I fell asleep halfway into the episode.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

I think its p.tight. Reminds me alot of L.A. Noir. The quality of acting has definitely declined relative to the dynamic duo but McAdams seems OK.

More than anything I think the intersection of ritualistic murder and corrupt municipal interests will make for an interesting plot. Like was McAdams watching her sister get double teamed on that website?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
What the gently caress happened to Elizabeth Banks' career? Poor thing is doing commercials for Realtor.com now

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

enjoy your upcoming malevolent haunting

:ohdear:

Also Daily Show episodes from 1999 are trippy.
http://www.cc.com/events/month-of-zen/live.html

People keep saying W has zero chance of getting the nomination and is just buying the election.

:negative:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

:ohdear:

Also Daily Show episodes from 1999 are trippy.
http://www.cc.com/events/month-of-zen/live.html

People keep saying W has zero chance of getting the nomination.

:negative:

It was always going to be him or Mccain. And to be honest post 9-11 Mccain America could have been much, much worse

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Kawasaki Nun posted:

I think its p.tight. Reminds me alot of L.A. Noir. The quality of acting has definitely declined relative to the dynamic duo but McAdams seems OK.

More than anything I think the intersection of ritualistic murder and corrupt municipal interests will make for an interesting plot. Like was McAdams watching her sister get double teamed on that website?

The very on the nose writing is the real weakness this season. The actors have crap scripts to work with. They can only do some much with what they're given.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

The very on the nose writing is the real weakness this season. The actors have crap scripts to work with. They can only do some much with what they're given.

I think its a bit of A, a bit of B.

Like the threat about taking sole custody of Colin Farrel's son. Actually the whole scene. I don't think it was conceived as being performed in quite as aloof a manner as Farrel went with. Particularly his multiple "no"s ranged from lackluster to godawful.

It's still way ahead of anything else on TV right now

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Holly Bloops has 44 pages of posts in the cat thread.

loving traitor :staredog:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Holly Bloops has 44 pages of posts in the cat thread.

loving traitor :staredog:

ehh, it's the YOSPOS thread so w/e

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
It's entirely possible to like both cats and dogs.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
And yet you only have 8 pages of posts in the dogge thread. :colbert:

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Because I don't own a dogge or else I'd be spamming the hell out of the dogge thread.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Friend of mine that is currently touring around Greece is saying there are hostile crowds forming at ATM machines early in the loving morning to boo and heckle tourists because they can still withdraw cash.

Cash to spend in Greece...:psyduck:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Because I don't own a dogge or else I'd be spamming the hell out of the dogge thread.
Maybe you should.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Friend of mine that is currently touring around Greece is saying there are hostile crowds forming at ATM machines early in the loving morning to boo and heckle tourists because they can still withdraw cash.

Cash to spend in Greece...:psyduck:

he should make a withdrawal then turn to them and shout molon labe

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Maybe you should.

Believe you me, once I get settled with work and a predictable schedule, it'll happen.

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Booblord Zagats posted:

What the gently caress happened to Elizabeth Banks' career? Poor thing is doing commercials for Realtor.com now

She has a money printing press called Effie Trinket.

TV commercials are for something to do since day time tv sucks and she doesn't want to run Really important Questions into the ground.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

Genocide Tendency posted:

She has a money printing press called Effie Trinket.

TV commercials are for something to do since day time tv sucks and she doesn't want to run Really important Questions into the ground.

So she did hosed Seth Rogan.

Can't say that I blame her.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
How terrible is Omaha, and the surrounding area, for a 30 something with a family?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

I just wonder what type of bullshit they'll pull out of their rear end to keep Ferrel alive. I think even rock salt point blank to the gut would be lethal. He didn't look like he had a vest.

This is also the same universe a cop can ask for an address, show up and beat a man at the address, and still be walking free later that day, so I'm willing to suspend some disbelief. Even still it just doesn't seem good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Mr. Nice! posted:

I just wonder what type of bullshit they'll pull out of their rear end to keep Ferrel alive. I think even rock salt point blank to the gut would be lethal. He didn't look like he had a vest.

This is also the same universe a cop can ask for an address, show up and beat a man at the address, and still be walking free later that day, so I'm willing to suspend some disbelief. Even still it just doesn't seem good.

The creator said in some interview that no one wanted to see more hosed up buddy cop poo poo which makes me believe he didn't really understand why his show was popular in the first place.

• Locked thread