Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I'm on Coeurl any goons?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

Tenzarin posted:

Do you take your pants off, then put your dick in them? Usually my dick is in my pants, except on the bus because you know killing 2 birds with one stone.

DPS basically are unable to contain their dicks, so if you ever stop pulling they lose their goddamned mind and do stupid poo poo that causes wipes or other inconveniences. Especially on buses.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Make a character on Excalibur instead

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
Bismarck ends up being chaos right near the end, holy crap. That's still a fun as gently caress fight. Reminds me of Jhen Mohran from monster hunter without the showdown at the end.

Sendo
Jul 26, 2011

Jia posted:

The Monk 50-60 storyline was great if only for the final battle where you become Goku.

This was so loving great. It was hilarious just completely destroying everyone, I had ACT running at the time and finished the battle at like 4k DPS.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Intoluene posted:

Bismarck ends up being chaos right near the end, holy crap. That's still a fun as gently caress fight. Reminds me of Jhen Mohran from monster hunter without the showdown at the end.

It can be a remarkably smooth fight, but it has a few potential trips -

-Tanks grab adds ASAP, pointing the serpents away from the raid
-DDs are competent
-No one gets knocked off
-Dragonkillers are used promptly after becoming available

It's sadly too uncommon for all of these to happen in the same raid.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

vanbags posted:

Is there any way to turn real life dollars into gil that doesn't involve the potential of getting banned? Can you trade the mounts bought from the store?

1. New account, recuited.
2. cd key from amazon
3. time card from amazon.
4. mmominion
5. create a new character, set it to questing 1-15
6. unlock airship rides
7. run the worldexplorer in the bot
8. get a gathering class and set it to gather.
9. go to sleep

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

isk posted:

-Dragonkillers are used promptly after becoming available

In most cases, you want to delay the Dragonkillers a little, at least for Extreme. They can be used pretty much up until the bubble AoE appears over them, and this can give your DPS valuable time to finish killing the adds. Damage is probably the biggest issue I've had with Bismarck Extreme, because it's got two back-to-back DPS checks in a row, and then a final phase where the adds can quickly get out of hand if your damage is lagging behind.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Gearhead posted:

I'm fairly sure the only thing BLM 50-60 lacked to be The Blues Brothers was a Chocobo case scene through vendor stalls in Ul'dah.

well I know what class I'm taking to 60 after dragoon

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Yep! The steps are purely for Bismarck Hard with pubs or new folks, in which it's usually best to keep it simple.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
I like how I have zero incentive to do the DRG 58 or 60 quests for the abilities. Why, yes, I would like a weird AoE I can use once in a blue moon and an ability that's only purpose is to add randomization to my rotation. Seriously.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Riftling posted:

I like how I have zero incentive to do the DRG 58 or 60 quests for the abilities. Why, yes, I would like a weird AoE I can use once in a blue moon and an ability that's only purpose is to add randomization to my rotation. Seriously.

Counterpoint: geirskogul is loving rad.
You use it a bit more often than every 25 seconds on a training dummy, more like every 40 seconds in a real fight.
Stop being a baby and go save your fangirl.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
The Notched Bone quests in Idyllshire is one of the worst shaggy dog questlines I've ever seen in an MMO, goddamn

e: all of these side quests are making me long for the moogles, in fact

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jun 29, 2015

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I'm still trying to decide whether to level from 50 SMN, DRG, or BLM now that DRK is 60 and the main story is complete for now. Speak of the merits for me as I am hopeless and cannot choose for myself, as I like them all! :saddowns:

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Riftling posted:

lol

and then i wonder why i do half the party's damage in 51-60 dungeons as a war

TooManyUzukis
Jun 23, 2007

Eej posted:

Paladin 50-60: The old Roegadyn who went off to search for Oathkeeper is apparently dead and at his grave there's a young Elezen dude who apparently was his newest student. From 50-58 you try to uncover the mysterious circumcstances of his death and at the end of each bit you find a piece of Gallant armor that you give to the kid to wear.

At the end it is revealed that this was the old guy's secret plan to power up the kid's Paladin soul crystal so that he can be powerful enough to make Oathkeeper glow. Except you're there and your souls are both so powerful that they conflict with one another so you gotta beat the poo poo out of the kid for your soul to assert dominance.

Yes.

What's nice is that they provide the perfect summary of the story within the story itself:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Riftling posted:

It's sad that this isn't the first time I've seen someone say "boy, a 200 potency off global cooldown attack that costs no TP, I would hate having that on my bar"

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
geirskogul is a dps increase and so is wheeling thrust/fang and claw if you hit the positionals

fake e if you don't want to shoot laser dragons and poo poo what the gently caress are you even doing

Eminent Domain
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah, seriously. The wheeling thrust/fang and claw is not that much trouble, just twitch yourself a bit to the left or right and push a drat button for more deeps. Geirskogul also is excellent. Compared to the old days of 'miss the positional and your entire combo falls apart' it's smooth like butter.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

1. New account, recuited.
2. cd key from amazon
3. time card from amazon.
4. mmominion
5. create a new character, set it to questing 1-15
6. unlock airship rides
7. run the worldexplorer in the bot
8. get a gathering class and set it to gather.
9. go to sleep

Is there any actual money to be made from AFK gathering? I thought all the valuable poo poo required actual effort to get.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
lmao between that drg post and the previous "I can't clear Ravana" post, how are goons so bad at video games

fadam posted:

Is there any actual money to be made from AFK gathering? I thought all the valuable poo poo required actual effort to get.

There is always demand for crystals, and I imagine the bots have the ability to get hidden nodes (the valuable ones).

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Eej posted:

It's sad that this isn't the first time I've seen someone say "boy, a 200 potency off global cooldown attack that costs no TP, I would hate having that on my bar"

I had a Neverreave with a Dragoon who never, ever, ever used Blood of the Dragon once. Not even for the Jump increase. Every pack took a million loving years and I ran out of TP multiple times.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Final trial mechanics question: At the end of the giant KotR sequence, there's some attack that tries to push you out of the center. Does getting knocked away actually do anything, or is it just to make a bit harder to stand in Sacred Soil?

Doublestep
Sep 8, 2013

Keep on keeping on!

Riftling posted:

Holy poo poo lol

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Jia posted:

The Monk 50-60 storyline was great if only for the final battle where you become Goku.

But we unlock Kamehameha Elixir Drive long before then. :confused:

Sendo posted:

This was so loving great. It was hilarious just completely destroying everyone, I had ACT running at the time and finished the battle at like 4k DPS.

Critical hits on Forbidden Chakra with B4B and IR resolve up basically explodes an unlucky mook. :getin:

abraham linksys posted:

The Notched Bone quests in Idyllshire is one of the worst shaggy dog questlines I've ever seen in an MMO, goddamn

That's hands down the worst part of the expansion for me so far.

"Hey do these quests 1-2 at a time. The destination? Why they're as far away as possible, just like the previous and followup quests!"

e:

vOv posted:

Final trial mechanics question: At the end of the giant KotR sequence, there's some attack that tries to push you out of the center. Does getting knocked away actually do anything, or is it just to make a bit harder to stand in Sacred Soil?

I think you have to stack for the final hit otherwise it's a wipe. I've never seen a run where people intentionally don't make sure to stack in the center for it though.

Zagposting
Nov 18, 2012

Don't put points into luck, they said.

It's a useless stat, they said.
Or I didn't know Geirskogul was off-GCD? :v: Worth it, then. Also, if your war is beating DPS classes in DPS 51-60, you have some pretty bad DPS.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

abraham linksys posted:

Don't worry! Moghome is leaking!

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Evil Fluffy posted:

I think you have to stack for the final hit otherwise it's a wipe. I've never seen a run where people intentionally don't make sure to stack in the center for it though.

I don't think stacking matters at all, it's all for show at that point anyways. The pass/wipe check is the enemies Limit Break bar, which for it to be higher then like 35 would require the most abysmal play and DPS ever in the history of the game and would probably have you wipe to the meteor before the actual attack.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Riftling posted:

Or I didn't know Geirskogul was off-GCD? :v: Worth it, then. Also, if your war is beating DPS classes in DPS 51-60, you have some pretty bad DPS.

Yeah they'd have to be almost as braindead as someone who thought the last two Dragoon abilities were worthless.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

woo i'm done leveling combat classes for a while

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Can anyone please explain the collectable system? A goon in the LS said I should have access to it as a 50 BTN/MIN/FSH but I don't see anything in my skills and traits and the only quest related to it in Mor Dhona says I need to be level 56?

Also, is there anywhere online that lists the new unspoiled nodes locations and requirements?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Rafzakael posted:

woo i'm done leveling combat classes for a while

How'd you level your second class? Just dungeon grind?

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

Verranicus posted:

Can anyone please explain the collectable system? A goon in the LS said I should have access to it as a 50 BTN/MIN/FSH but I don't see anything in my skills and traits and the only quest related to it in Mor Dhona says I need to be level 56?

Also, is there anywhere online that lists the new unspoiled nodes locations and requirements?

There's a quest near the levemete in Ishgard that sends you back over to Mor Dhona. Afterwards, you talk to the people in the tent next to Rowena's House of Tomestones.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
Are there any goons on sarg?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

fadam posted:

How'd you level your second class? Just dungeon grind?

Yeah, 50-51 was fates in NThan, 51+ was nothing but dungeons and daily roulettes. I even did the guildhest roulette despite being barely worth a quest's exp, only for a change of scenery

e: Probably the worst part was the Aery levels for me; I'm not a fan of Aery at all and the dungeon seems to drag on (heh) despite it being equal length to Vault

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Riftling posted:

this is a weird thing to admit in light of your previous post

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
Resubbing to this thread now that the 3.0 postspam has died down a bit, glad to see over the last page or two that nothing has changed.

In anything synced above 50, including leveling dungeons like The Aery, the difference between a good DPS and a bad DPS is so much more pronounced than it used to be. Maybe one in five roulettes has a pubbie DPS that gets anywhere near me (DRG), and it's not uncommon for randoms to deal like half my DPS or less. And this is independent of the whole MCH/BRD issue, which is totally real (I regularly leave our static's BRD, who isn't a top-10%-of-raiders BRD but still got the job done, in the dust). I really, really want an in-game DPS meter of some kind, even if it's not numbers-based. How hard would it be to give us an icon for each player that glows to show their DPS relative to the best DPS in the party? Green = top DPS or within 15% of top DPS. Yellow = within 15% and 30% of top DPS. Orange = within 30% and 50% of top DPS. Red = below 50% of top DPS. I think "try to keep this little bar green" is something most players could grasp.

Bismarck EX is pretty fun! Nice to see DPS checks like that in currently-relevant content. Shame it'll be a joke when we're i210, or whatever.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Riftling posted:

Doesn't read ability tooltips, freaks the gently caress out, calls other dps bad.

:allears:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I think I need to go finally beat Turn 5....

http://xivdb.com/?item/10578/Allagan-Star-Globe
http://xivdb.com/?item/10579/High-Allagan-Star-Globe
http://xivdb.com/?item/10580/Dreadwyrm-Torquetum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biopanda
Sep 28, 2007

Farg posted:

Are there any goons on sarg?

YES! Valicious Crisu IGN
There's one other goon that I know of, but it's pretty much devoid of goons. You in an FC? I started one if need one.

• Locked thread