Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

good lookin burgs guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Love those double cheeses guys.

nostrata
Apr 27, 2007

I burged tonight. just a simple fry up with buttered toasted buns, cheese, and salsa. They had a crisp crunchy crust with a soft pink center, so juicy, so delicious. As usual I forgot to take a picture of my food before it was devoured but it sure was good.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I have burged 3 of the last 4 days, and will likely continue burgin'. :smug:

Does anybody know some good low-calorie bun options for burgs? Either bought, or good recipes for homemade buns?

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.

Filosofem posted:

I posted this in another thread and was told to post it in here, so here it shall also be posted.

Bacon double cheeseburger with fried onions and waffle fries.

This is the perfect size for a big double burger so rock on . Any bigger and it would be unbiteable.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Does anybody know some good low-calorie bun options for burgs? Either bought, or good recipes for homemade buns?

If there's a Trader Joes near you, they have ciabatta rolls which clock in at about 115 calories and are delicious.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

lettuce

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
I hear a lot of people (on forums and IRL) bitching about turkey burgers, but I've always thought they were awesome.

On a semi-serious note, gently caress it and eat a nasty rear end calorie filled burg, then make up the difference elsewhere so you don't sacrifice your burgness. I'd much rather have some fruit or something instead of ice cream to be able to eat a real burger instead of a little bitty healthy one.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
turkey burgers taste good imo

turgers, burgers, and furgers oh my

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Tyson Tomko posted:

I hear a lot of people (on forums and IRL) bitching about turkey burgers, but I've always thought they were awesome.

On a semi-serious note, gently caress it and eat a nasty rear end calorie filled burg, then make up the difference elsewhere so you don't sacrifice your burgness. I'd much rather have some fruit or something instead of ice cream to be able to eat a real burger instead of a little bitty healthy one.

Probably cause they very frequently end up overcooked and awful, since there's no fat in the grind. Without all that sweet sweet fat mixed in your patty will go from nicely cooked to way the gently caress over really fast and people are bad and dont use thermometers so welp.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

butros posted:

If there's a Trader Joes near you, they have ciabatta rolls which clock in at about 115 calories and are delicious.

That works! I don't know if there's a Trader Joe's near me, but there's a Whole Foods at the very least. I don't need anything fancy; just figured I'd try to cut calories on the bread end if I could.

Thanks!

Now I just need to figure out how to portion out ground beef into 100g servings.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jun 26, 2015

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Kitchen Scale?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

thats a deep fried big mac

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Would

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Chinatown posted:

Ever burged.....at work??

I drive a cab, my dude. I burg all the time at work. Honestly I burg more at work than I do at home.

I burged today at Smash Burger.

One of these loving days I gotta get my phone camera fixed so I can show you guys this poo poo. Man, this place is baller as gently caress. I got the double bbq cheddar and hoooooooooooooly loving poo poo.

Also, I've mentioned it before, but I don't feel like I can say it enough: those god drat fries with the olive oil and rosemary. HOLY poo poo.

Yeah I'm a big smashburger fan now.

If any of you goons are near Albany, NY - it's on wolf road about a quarter mile past the mall from Central. :getin: the burgs are awesome.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 11:53 on Jun 27, 2015

Zanael
Jan 30, 2007

Finn 3:16 says I just licorice
whipped your peppermint ass
A friend of mine challenged himself with our favourite bar's monstruosity, the OMG Burger, which comes with a free 0.25L beer of your choice if you finish the whole plate :

Three beef patties, two potato croquettes, a little cheese, fries, salad. The bacon was a supplement.
Place is Le Falstaff, rue du Montparnasse, Paris, France, if you want a good time in our country

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Zanael posted:

A friend of mine challenged himself with our favourite bar's monstruosity, the OMG Burger, which comes with a free 0.25L beer of your choice if you finish the whole plate :

Three beef patties, two potato croquettes, a little cheese, fries, salad. The bacon was a supplement.
Place is Le Falstaff, rue du Montparnasse, Paris, France, if you want a good time in our country

Holy poo poo YES!!

Nahoj
Nov 14, 2014

Fetus Tree posted:

thats a deep fried big mac

Why is it so small?

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Zanael posted:

this thing looks like poo poo

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

Nahoj posted:

Why is it so small?

Because it's a deep fried big mac

Tyson Tomko
May 8, 2005

The Problem Solver.
Grilled out and had a burger about 7 hours ago...now eating another one for a midnight snack. Burgin the night away.

(was going to post a picture but I said gently caress it and ate it)

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

RideTheSpiral posted:

this thing looks like poo poo

yeah well you live in Boratstan so what do you know? SA doesn't even have a flag smilie for your country

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I burged again at the usual place in Stuttgart.

Extras were: bacon, egg, caramelized onions. Fries were the bomb too. No regrets.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

nice job brov

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Good work! The shopping trolley returns! :D

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I made this a while back while screwing around, I'm just going to drop it here:

(from the intro of Bob's Burgers for those of you who don't watch cartoons)

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I like animated burgs.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i would eat that animanted, cartoon burger.

Palpek posted:

Extras were: bacon, egg, caramelized onions. Fries were the bomb too. No regrets.

would also eat this :captainpop:

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

Palpek posted:

Is that the burger republic? Place rules.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEe0OQ-M1AY

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Secret Spoon posted:

Is that the burger republic? Place rules.
Yeah, it's the one of the only legit burger places in Stuttgart. I love it.

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Palpek posted:

Yeah, it's the one of the only legit burger places in Stuttgart. I love it.

http://www.theburgerrepublic.de/#!nemu/ccw7

Prices not too bad when converted into £..

How does the price compare with other burger places in Germany?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?

Jamsta posted:

http://www.theburgerrepublic.de/#!nemu/ccw7

Prices not too bad when converted into £..

How does the price compare with other burger places in Germany?
Those are pretty standard burger prices for a non-fast food joint (notice that a drink and fries are additional costs). In comparison a Big Mac menu costs €6.50.

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003
The burger with bacon and american cheese at Northdown in Chicago.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I need to get a couple of those small fry baskets to use at home.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Palpek posted:

Those are pretty standard burger prices for a non-fast food joint (notice that a drink and fries are additional costs). In comparison a Big Mac menu costs €6.50.

"Los Cojones Mexicanos"

Uhhhhh.......

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Fetus Tree fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jul 1, 2015

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Wut

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
Is that a deep fried whole duck burger? That would be amazing if it weren't for all the bones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Secret Spoon
Mar 22, 2009

Fenris13 posted:

Is that a deep fried whole duck burger? That would be amazing if it weren't for all the bones.

What? No. That is obviously a frog.

E: after posting that and having to google fu it to make sure Im not a total rear end, I found that the picture was from a news article. It is indeed a frog.

Secret Spoon fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jul 2, 2015

• Locked thread