Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Waltzing Along posted:

That's my Bush was great. Truly the greatest tragedy of 9/11 was the cancellation of that wonderful show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3LhNzIbZP0

Best episode.

It was actually cancelled 5 months prior to 9/11, the final episode airing three weeks after the Lone Gunmen pilot where they prevent a conspiracy to fly remote-controlled commercial aircraft into the world trade center.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

FilthyImp posted:

I think KID Notorious was pretty terrible.

I mean, it says something when you're the worst of the SpikeTV ghetto-Adult Swim Ripoff animation block that includes Striperella
I remember this, it was right after TNN became SpikeTV (the second time, since the first launch was delayed when Spike Lee frivolously sued them for taking his name or some dumb poo poo). I think there was Stripperella, the horrible Ren and Stimpy reboot, and one or two other equally awful "edgy" "adult" cartoons.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Hazo posted:

I remember this, it was right after TNN became SpikeTV (the second time, since the first launch was delayed when Spike Lee frivolously sued them for taking his name or some dumb poo poo). I think there was Stripperella, the horrible Ren and Stimpy reboot, and one or two other equally awful "edgy" "adult" cartoons.

Special mention has to go to Spaceballs the animated series.

BambooEarpick
Sep 3, 2008
So wait, I'm unclear. Is Rick and Morty back? or? What?

Edit:
Holy poo poo. I don't know how I always confuse June and July. Thanks.

BambooEarpick fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Jun 29, 2015

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

BambooEarpick posted:

Rick and Morty returns July 26th.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

BambooEarpick posted:

Edit:
Holy poo poo. I don't know how I always confuse June and July. Thanks.

It's ok, I did it too.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 11 days!
*snorts ground up interdimensional crystals*
"WUBUHLUBUHDUBDUB NOW IT'S A PARTY!"

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

PassTheRemote posted:

Special mention has to go to Spaceballs the animated series.

Easily one of the worst things mankind has ever created.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
The movie sucked too.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Spaceballs is basically the worst thing Mel Brooks ever did.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Deep dish pizza reminds me of Pizza The Hut, and it grosses me out. gently caress Mel Brooks.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Anyone remember Brickleberry? It's like they took Family Guy and surgically removed any hint of awareness or energy from it. It tried so hard to be offensive at every turn and managed to be as outrageous as a bowl of unseasoned gruel. That it lasted three seasons is incredible.

I haven't seen Allen Gregory, so I don't know how they stack up.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

VideoTapir posted:

The movie sucked too.

hemophilia posted:

Rocksicles posted:

Deep dish pizza reminds me of Pizza The Hut, and it grosses me out. gently caress Mel Brooks.

I never would have thought so many terrible people with terrible opinions would like Rick and Morty. Who knew? :shrug:

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
I recall someone saying the reason Young Frankenstein was so good was you could tell that Mel Brooks loved the original. With Space Balls you couldn't.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

spaceballs felt like an aging Mel Brooks was thinking "The Star Wars! We have to do the Star Wars! That's the thing the kids want! That puts asses in seats!" and then he watched maybe 20 minutes of empire strikes back and he came out of it with Yogurt, pizza the hutt, and the schwartz. It's bad. Im glad he could turn it around and give us Robin Hood Men In Tights which was my go-to bored kid/preteen movie for years.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
gently caress y'all, Spaceballs is great.

In my memory.

From when I was 12.

I refuse to revisit it to prove myself wrong :colbert:

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Spaceballs is still great for Tuvok yelling "We ain't found poo poo!" and the whole "When will then be now" bit.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

feedmyleg posted:

gently caress y'all, Spaceballs is great.

In my memory.

From when I was 12.

I refuse to revisit it to prove myself wrong :colbert:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Spaceballs is funny.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Spaceballs is funny.

I think you meant to say spaceballs are funny.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Spaceballs is funny.

:agreed:

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Anyone remember Brickleberry? It's like they took Family Guy and surgically removed any hint of awareness or energy from it. It tried so hard to be offensive at every turn and managed to be as outrageous as a bowl of unseasoned gruel. That it lasted three seasons is incredible.

I haven't seen Allen Gregory, so I don't know how they stack up.

Brickleberry was bad. I made it through a few random episodes, but it was very bad, and somehow it didn't get cancelled. Hell, they might still be farting new episodes out for all I know. But there's a difference between Brickleberry and Allen Gregory. Every once in awhile, Brickleberry made me laugh. It wasn't often, and not enough to justify following the show regularly, but it was good for a giggle or two here or there when they weren't tripping all over themselves looking for a new way to be offensive for the sake of being offensive. One or two good laughs per episode that I saw: that was Brickleberry. The trick was being able to stomach the bad crap they troweled out before, between, and after those giggles.

Allen Gregory didn't have that. It was not funny in the least, and the thing is, you could tell where they intended for you to laugh. You could tell what was exposition and what was supposed to be a jibe, a joke, a little turn or phrase calculated to make you laugh. But it never once worked because it was all so awful, so mean, so horrible.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

hemophilia posted:

I mean, if it means we all collectively forget that Dracula: Dead and Loving It ever existed, then sure :shrug:

But honestly the Spaceballs cartoon was just...sooooo bad. Makes me kind of happy that he stopped making movies, unless he's going to make History of the World Part 2 :v:

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife

tarlibone posted:

Brickleberry was bad. I made it through a few random episodes, but it was very bad, and somehow it didn't get cancelled. Hell, they might still be farting new episodes out for all I know. But there's a difference between Brickleberry and Allen Gregory. Every once in awhile, Brickleberry made me laugh. It wasn't often, and not enough to justify following the show regularly, but it was good for a giggle or two here or there when they weren't tripping all over themselves looking for a new way to be offensive for the sake of being offensive. One or two good laughs per episode that I saw: that was Brickleberry. The trick was being able to stomach the bad crap they troweled out before, between, and after those giggles.

I hated Brickleberry on Allen Gregory levels. It really was pretty loving bad. The animation style was so obviously a terrible Flash quasi-ripoff of Family Guy and the humor... there's a reason why Tosh was the selling point for it.

My finest hour as a college newspaper critic was getting to interview Tom Kenny for an article when they were first selling Brickleberry (he complimented my question about Adventure Time melancholy and backstories, which was a :smile: moment). They gave me access to the pilot before it aired, too. On the front page of the entertainment section, I ran the interview with a "review coming tomorrow!" disclaimer. The next day, the "Brickleberry" review got a big fat bold-print F. It was cathartic.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

I killed me that Brickleberry got more seasons than Ugly Americans which was amazing.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

bull3964 posted:

I killed me that Brickleberry got more seasons than Ugly Americans which was amazing.

Ugly Americans was really hit-or-miss for me, but the episode with Abraham Lincoln is loving wall to wall comedy, it is flawless.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

bull3964 posted:

Truer words have never been said.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.
Okay, I just went and watched most of an episode of Brickleberry, and it was pretty painful. Besides the punching-down awful-people-with-no-comeuppance aspect of it, drat near every joke has its punchline delivered immediately after the setup, which gets old by about the third one.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

bull3964 posted:

Ugly Americans had some fairly tepid moments in between some really good ones, but that's never seemed good enough for Comedy Central. I imagine that can happen when you have no shortage of animated comedy pilots to try developing.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I feel Ugly Americans could usually have done more with its premise than it did, but when it was on, it was loving ON.

Long John Silver's.

Corner booth.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I really need to rewatch Ren and Stimpy and Rocko's. Nothing really comes close to Rick and Morty's juvenile grossout art direction than Nickelodeon's halcyon days

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

bull3964 posted:

SUCK MY BALLS.*

*(This means "I agree" in Man-Bird.)

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
knock-knock open up the door its REAL,
with that non-stop pop-pop of stainless STEEL,
Break bread wit the enemy,
But no matter how many cats I break bread wit,
I'll break who you sendin me

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

knock-knock open up the door its REAL,
with that non-stop pop-pop of stainless STEEL,
Break bread wit the enemy,
But no matter how many cats I break bread wit,
I'll break who you sendin me

But is it a real fake door from real fake doors dot com?

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Alan Smithee posted:

I really need to rewatch Ren and Stimpy and Rocko's. Nothing really comes close to Rick and Morty's juvenile grossout art direction than Nickelodeon's halcyon days

true.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Snak posted:

But is it a real fake door from real fake doors dot com?

I wouldn't know, I've got ants in my eyes!

Meta-Mollusk
May 2, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Ren & Stimpy got pretty lovely after the second season, but I have to admit that "I Love Chicken" from season 4 is still one of my favorite episodes. I guess there were some other gems there as well, but that's the first one that comes to mind.

edit: lol my English

Meta-Mollusk fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Jun 30, 2015

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe

bull3964 posted:

I wouldn't call Ugly Americans amazing, but it was good more often than it was bad, and dammit the female lead was... well, you know. She was easy on the eyes. It had an OK premise, but it was hit-or-miss with me. That said, when it was hit, it was hit.

Brickleberry... yeah, just not good. I didn't hate it as much as Allen Gregory, but I hated it, and I hated Daniel Tosh for making me want to give it a chance. Nitpicking which show was worse and why, though, is a bit like trying to decide which kind of diarrhea you hate more--is it the runny kind that keeps you on the toilet for an hour of on-again, off-again poopissing, or is it the projectile variety that hits you all of the sudden and some of it ends up on the back of the toilet seat because you couldn't get your pants down far enough? Or is it the kind that you are 100% sure is just a fart until you are 100% sure it's not?

One of those might make you laugh for a moment or two. Probably when you're thinking of something to tell your wife, who will want to know why there's a round spot of poo poo in your drawers. Good for a giggle. But it's still the worst kind of poo poo.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007
S2E01 & S2E02 just leaked

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

text editor posted:

S2E01 & S2E02 just leaked

I love you I love love

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!

loving good day is now great! Thanks for the heads up.

• Locked thread