Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

All? the upcoming skins got leaked. here's the most important one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMlyZJByYw4

holy poo poo I loving love that they referenced this. The Simon Hurt story was so loving good, I wish one of the bonus DLC's was just one big Dr. Hurt mindfuck. It'd be the perfect sendoff to the series.

as of now the only thing that really stops this game from being in Excellent territory is the dearth of Challenge Maps. we need like 5 more of each for Predator/Combat and more characters to really push it into GOTY territory. Sadly I'm sure all of that will be DLC coming all the way in October or something but oh well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Before you loving people say that skin looks like poo poo, you have to understand its from one of the most insanely epic Bat-moments of all time.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Looks like they're doing a Tumbler Batmobile too.. have to imagine its an actual new model instead of a reskin.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Before you loving people say that skin looks like poo poo, you have to understand its from one of the most insanely epic Bat-moments of all time.

it really is, it was basically grant morrisson literally taking poo poo like a one-off bizarro batman, the concept of bat-mite, and a psychologist from a random issue and mixing them all together into a fantastic brew of insanity.

Also really digging that one Robin suit. Between that one and its Batman counterpart you'll actually be able to recreate the Battle for the Cowl resulting team, which owns so much. Gives me hope there's gonna be a shitload of challenge maps to use it all in.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer
Have any video/pics leaked of the Alex Ross and Jim Lee suits? I'd love to see those.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
I was really hoping to find Zur-En-Arrh graffitied somewhere in this game. The skin will do nicely.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Solomonic posted:

I like this Red Hood DLC. I don't know if it's just the novelty of shooting thugs in cold blood or what

I wish it were longer

Yeah I would've liked more. At least the ability to play as him in some challenge maps. Guns are fun.

Between Dick Bats and Damian Robin, I'm going to have a blast. So far it's just been having everyone in New 52.

Tanreall
Apr 27, 2004

Did I mention I was gay for pirate ducks?

~SMcD
Anyone else notice that all of the negative reviews with thousands of up votes on steam have vanished? :tinfoil:

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Ok, so a quick one, if i'm looking at the overall map and i can see riddler challenge counters in the bottom left, they're counting the ones that should be remaining visible on my map right?

It's just i've got 5 listed down there for Miagani Island and none are are actually showing up on the map.

I've still got 7 to find on founders island, but my counters are all 0 for that and i've collected all the ones that were on the map.

Is it bugged or am i missing something?

edit: similar thing with the Stagg airship. The counters in the bottom says something like 24, but i can only see one on the map. I'm sure some of the thugs i've grabbed have unlocked Stagg ones though.

Toady
Jan 12, 2009

Neo Rasa posted:

It's pretty awesome but has some real dumb stuff in it. I'd almost like to see them do "small" Arkham game again where it's in one place like Asylum. Whoever the b-team was that did Origins? They should have them do that because they already had much tighter writing.

Knight reminds me of the Nolan films, with Batman as a ninja SWAT vigilante. He's only scary because he's a military power. I miss Asylum's gothic supernatural vibe and terrified thugs.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Kin posted:

Ok, so a quick one, if i'm looking at the overall map and i can see riddler challenge counters in the bottom left, they're counting the ones that should be remaining visible on my map right?

It's just i've got 5 listed down there for Miagani Island and none are are actually showing up on the map.

I've still got 7 to find on founders island, but my counters are all 0 for that and i've collected all the ones that were on the map.

Which are the ones still listed? As in, what type? And are you sure you've found and interrogated every informant?

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Kin posted:

No, they're counting the ones that should still exist in that place. They're invisible on the map itself unless you find a Riddler informant who will fill them in on the map for you. If there aren't as many things on the map as it says in that counter, it means you need to find more Riddler informants to reveal them. Or just find them yourself, of course.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

TheJoker138 posted:

Which are the ones still listed? As in, what type? And are you sure you've found and interrogated every informant?

1 scan and 4 trophies.

I swear i've scanned evrerybody, but it's that 0 counter for founders island which is making it seem inconsistant. Like is it a counter of all riddler challenges or just the one's you've located.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kin posted:

Check the areas located in them.

Like, the subway system counts in the island total. The Arkham Knight's HQ might too.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Codependent Poster posted:

Check the areas located in them.

Like, the subway system counts in the island total. The Arkham Knight's HQ might too.

Arkham Knight HQ is separate, I believe. The Subway definitely counts though.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

TheJoker138 posted:

Arkham Knight HQ is separate, I believe. The Subway definitely counts though.

Subway huh, i'll go check that.

Crappy Jack posted:

No, they're counting the ones that should still exist in that place. They're invisible on the map itself unless you find a Riddler informant who will fill them in on the map for you. If there aren't as many things on the map as it says in that counter, it means you need to find more Riddler informants to reveal them. Or just find them yourself, of course.

Because this then makes my founders island seem screwey as it's telling me there are 0 left to find, but when looking in the riddler challenge section in the menu, it's saying i still need to find 8 including a breakable object.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Kin posted:

Because this then makes my founders island seem screwey as it's telling me there are 0 left to find, but when looking in the riddler challenge section in the menu, it's saying i still need to find 8 including a breakable object.

It's what they're saying, yeah. Check in the subway and interiors. They're on separate maps, but they still count toward places on the checklist, if that makes sense.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

Kin posted:

Subway huh, i'll go check that.

Yeah this threw me for a loop too, they are in the subway. There are several breakables and some very easy to get riddler trophies but they are hidden in some weird places.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

For the love of gently caress, I cannot find the last bomb.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Oh crap, there's a Damian Wayne Robin costume coming... oh gently caress. That's going to be awesome.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Tanreall posted:

Anyone else notice that all of the negative reviews with thousands of up votes on steam have vanished? :tinfoil:

Still seeing the same reviews here.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Oh crap, there's a Damian Wayne Robin costume coming... oh gently caress. That's going to be awesome.

A league of shadows combat map ending with some kind of advanced fight a la Shiva from Origins...but ending with Talia/Ra's would be loving incredible to go with those skins. poo poo I'd love any kind of special combat map that ends in a "boss" character coming out, much like how Origins did it with the Initiation final battle. For all its faults Origins had awesome ninja battle scenarios.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
That is a nice 90s Catwoman skin. Gimme.

VVV
outside of preorder stuff, no.

redbackground fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jun 29, 2015

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Has any part of the season pass actually been released yet, by the way?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I hope the Alex Ross skin is the Kingdom Come armor.

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
If you look out to the east, it looks like theres a huge cruise liner with a ferris wheel on it. Whats that about? DLC location?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

ShineDog posted:

If you look out to the east, it looks like theres a huge cruise liner with a ferris wheel on it. Whats that about? DLC location?

Batgirl achievements mention the Ferris Wheel, apparently.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
I've seen people say they like that they don't tell you where things are. I disagree for the smaller things.

poo poo like not telling me where a watchtower is? Fine I can see those red lights for miles.

poo poo like having to glide the entire city thrice over to find a group of men with a fireman is annoying.

I'm guessing the opportunities to play as and with the other characters are limited, which is super sad considering those have been the fun combat sections.
I almost wish that batmans upgrades allowed you to go either more gadgets based or more brawler based as a split path, and combat wise I still think the electric dudes, brutes and sword countering have always been the most 'eh' parts of combat. They make you feel less 'super'. The running dudes are annoying but can be just sidestepped.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Other playable characters is definitely something that needs to be patched in at some point. Heck, the Batfamily all pretty much have the same movement options, we saw how Catwoman can move in City, and Harley could move around similar to her because of that concoction Ivy made for her.

Other characters and modes add replayablity Rocksteady, which leads to me not selling your game to Gamestop and letting someone else play it without giving you money.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

Flytrap posted:

Other playable characters is definitely something that needs to be patched in at some point. Heck, the Batfamily all pretty much have the same movement options, we saw how Catwoman can move in City, and Harley could move around similar to her because of that concoction Ivy made for her.

Other characters and modes add replayablity Rocksteady, which leads to me not selling your game to Gamestop and letting someone else play it without giving you money.

Yeah, I loved freeroaming as Catwoman, and considering I love this game's portrayal of her much more than the last one, I'm even more disappointed there's not currently any challenge maps or freeroaming with her. Sounds like they'll add that down the line, possibly, maybe, but dammit, I want it now.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

SectumSempra posted:

poo poo like having to glide the entire city thrice over to find a group of men with a fireman is annoying.
It took me forever to find the last fireman, and if I hadn't looked up his location I'd probably still be searching. Turns out he's in the old town part of Founder's Island, inside a building you need to use the power winch to access. I'm not sure if you can even see him and the thugs from outside, let alone from any kind of distance.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Doc Morbid posted:

It took me forever to find the last fireman, and if I hadn't looked up his location I'd probably still be searching. Turns out he's in the old town part of Founder's Island, inside a building you need to use the power winch to access. I'm not sure if you can even see him and the thugs from outside, let alone from any kind of distance.

Oh no trust me I've found him, but before my car could even access the drat island, so I spent a good chunk of time searching for him, and then tried to find alternate ways of getting to him while dodging what seems to be every single cobra tank on the island, then just decided gently caress it the story will lead me in this area eventually, I guess I'll stop trying to do missions that tell me they can be done.

Like it's weird that I get a cross over a mission when I can't find another weapons truck right now, but I can access the 3 missions that all want me to continue on founders island with the batmobile.

I have a list of gripes with the game but I'd rather wait until I finish before assessing positives and the negatives everyone seems to glance over for the rocksteady/batman boner.

Commissar Of Doom
Apr 21, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Here's the rest of them, no pics/proof but this is the same guy that leaked upcoming DLC.

http://forums.arkhamverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=23298

Highlights: Animated, Dick Grayson Batman, The Dark Knight (The Nolanverse version apparently, oh poo poo!)

I play this with the Zimmer soundtrack on at all times so I am ecstatic about this.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I'm about half the way through the game at this point, and it's largely a good experience hampered by some bad design decisions. The Batmobile is fine, but gunning down drones in tank battles just gets plain boring after that first two times. There's some sections of the game that take twice as long as they need to because they simply had to figure the Batmobile into it somewhere.

Other than that the combat doesn't quite seem right. I've played a ton of Asylum/City and never had issues with combat before, but it almost feels less refined. I seem to get a lot of aborted combos where he straight up just doesn't hit anything, or pressing L2 to quickfire into a running enemy doesn't work because he's just firing in the wrong direction. Add that to some of the fights that can get pretty packed with different enemy types and it feels a little overwhelming.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

DrVenkman posted:

Other than that the combat doesn't quite seem right. I've played a ton of Asylum/City and never had issues with combat before, but it almost feels less refined. I seem to get a lot of aborted combos where he straight up just doesn't hit anything, or pressing L2 to quickfire into a running enemy doesn't work because he's just firing in the wrong direction. Add that to some of the fights that can get pretty packed with different enemy types and it feels a little overwhelming.

it takes awhile for combat to click due to how hardcore some battles are. they really didn't gently caress around with this game and refused to baby people with easy poo poo, you have to use tools more than ever to counter the special thugs. add in medics and you have even more urgency to take a certain guy down first. I definitely wouldn't call it less refined, though--the combat and predator stuff is at its zenith here. it's just a matter of making sure your upgrades are up to snuff and you react quick enough, which you're def able to.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

SectumSempra posted:

I guess I'll stop trying to do missions that tell me they can be done.

When the mission select is freaking the gently caress out and flashing on the fireman's logo that is the game telling you it can be done.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

When the mission select is freaking the gently caress out and flashing on the fireman's logo that is the game telling you it can be done.

So there are three states of mission
-Do it yourself, no flash just selectable
-Do more story first, Orange cross
-Hey theres a part thats been found by helicopters scanning the city or by yourself, here you go.

At least that What I've observed. The fireman mission has always been on the first one for me, but I've still been able to scan myself for more.

Like I can find the next murder victim by listening to the goons talking about it, and searching the areas like I did with the burning bat symbols or just hold off till it prompts me.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

net cafe scandal posted:

Here's the rest of them, no pics/proof but this is the same guy that leaked upcoming DLC.

http://forums.arkhamverse.com/viewtopic.php?f=111&t=23298

Highlights: Animated, Dick Grayson Batman, The Dark Knight (The Nolanverse version apparently, oh poo poo!)

I don't care that you don't get to play as the other characters as much but OYL Robin is the best Robin suit fight me

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

You can find the list of all skins in the 'Localization' folder in 'BMGame'. Here's some pics of the thumbnails.

Jim Lee Batman is probably the one above 60's Robin. Looks dope.

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Jun 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I don't recall Azrael being in that select screen before, maybe that means he'll be playable in some solo capacity

• Locked thread