Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

BULBASAUR posted:

Plastic starter sets cost like $50. $200 would get you a pretty substantial army, some terrain, the rule books, and some beer.

They made a 10mm scale version of the smallest ship there.

Those ports at the side -

Yeah, about 200 Condor dropships.....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

serious gaylord posted:

How big are these? Because if they're not tiny I'll grab a set to paint up.

The official product images have sizes on them

There's also an unseen Dreadnought coming, but they don't want ships to be too long so it's the same length as the battleship but bulkier

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Jun 29, 2015

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

The thing that really tickled me about the dropfleet commander stuff was that it's played in low orbit, which is infinitely more appealing than playing over a black board with white paint flicked on it, trying desperately to represent the cold harsh vacuum of deep space. The first thing I'm thinking about is terrain possibilities... tiny little cityscapes at a ridiculous scale, it'll be like having a big mighty empires board specifically for playing games over. Totally awesome.

Totally going to try and get my regular gaming buddies into it but given how little enthusiasm they've had for even trying DZC out so far (despite me picking up the starter set and getting everything painted up) I think it might be an uphill struggle. There's just too many games to play and too little time, story of my life at the moment :(

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
DZC is absolutely the bomb diggity and I recommend it.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

NTRabbit posted:

The official product images have sizes on them

There's also an unseen Dreadnought coming, but they don't want ships to be too long so it's the same length as the battleship but bulkier

Sold. Whens it out?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

serious gaylord posted:

Sold. Whens it out?

End of this year/early next year is what they were saying at Salute, they need to finish sculpting the other launch races and have a solid playtesting period for the rules

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Please be the same faction :pray:

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

HiveCommander posted:

Please be the same faction :pray:

Sorry, but the orange guys are Shaltari, while the ships are UCM.

Grey Hunter fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jun 29, 2015

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Those ships are awesome and I wish I knew people that wanted to play.

The real question is "Why aren't they painted like Chris Foss art?"

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Those ships are awesome and I wish I knew people that wanted to play.

The real question is "Why aren't they painted like Chris Foss art?"

I've seen someone paint a space fleet in Chris Foss schemes in some of the other mini threads here on SA. It looked boss.

Thirsty Dog
May 31, 2007

Jesus, some of those ships are going to be *huge*.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

lilljonas posted:

I've seen someone paint a space fleet in Chris Foss schemes in some of the other mini threads here on SA. It looked boss.

It wasn't PaintVagrant was it? I remember his firestorm armada fleets, they were lush... striped red and black if I remember correctly.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
GW has decided that the best way to deal with the basing issue is to measure from the model itself.

This is a professional miniatures games company in the year 2015 that has been in the business for almost 30 years.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
maybe its the center of the model

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

All measurements will be made from the models center of mass.

KingFisher
Oct 30, 2006
WORST EDITOR in the history of my expansion school's student paper. Then I married a BEER HEIRESS and now I shitpost SA by white-knighting the status quo to defend my unearned life of privilege.
Fun Shoe

Ashcans posted:

All measurements will be made from the models rear end.

FTFY

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Whats the BMI of the average Skaven?

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
I'm sorry, that model is clearly leaning backwards, which puts his center of mass here, and thus even though you are in range of his legs you are not in range of him. DEAL WITH IT.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Panzeh posted:

GW has decided that the best way to deal with the basing issue is to measure from the model itself.

This is a professional miniatures games company in the year 2015 that has been in the business for almost 30 years.

This can't be real.

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.

Radish posted:

This can't be real.

A rules rewrite from the ground up with this standard of quality can only end AWESOME.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
stormcast eternals

berzerkmonkey
Jul 23, 2003

Radish posted:

This can't be real.

It will be bullshit. Everything is guesses or unfounded rumors until GW sends out the info to retailers.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

My understanding is that that's happening right now.

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
Haven't the retailers gotten the info now? I thought this was the day they were trained for the new game.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
ronpaulitshappening.gif

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

how is it this close and we still know nothing its crazy

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.
My insider source, Homeless Rumors Guy, suggested instead of bitching buy a set on preorder and see how much of an experience it will be.

He says Nigmos will be waiting.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
My predictions of the internet's reaction to Age of Sigmar: "You can't say it sucks if you didn't buy it. Oh, you bought it? It can't be that bad then!"

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Taken from the other other thread

quote:

quote:
<br />
<br />
Got the below from the Oakland area rep, below the ellipse is a summation:<br />
<br />
This is pre order week for the Age of Sigmar.. Newest Version of Warhammer!!!!. <br />
Out with the Old and In with the New... <br />
<br />
Get a new hobbyist into the game with 1 miniature.. (their favorite box set).. <br />
That simple.. War scrolls come in the boxes. The Rules are only 4 pages long and they are available from the web.(downloadable).. No more heavy rulebooks and army books. All a person would need is their miniatures war scroll.. Now you can get into the hobby and play a game with your favorite miniature or miniatures. If you already have an army. Start Playing as early as July 4th, when the rules and war scrolls are posted. Play games as small or as big as you want. There are no points.. Bases don't mean anything, modular trays don't mean anything. Measure from the tip end of the model.. Base your guys any way you would like too. <br />
<br />
The Age of Sigmar allows you to get some one started with a minimum of $10-40 after that they just purchase miniatures as they want to increase their experience and as the game brings in new characters and armies. There will be new enemies, old enemies, new friends and old friends coming back. You can play with your favorite miniatures, you don't have to be tied down to one particular army. You may like other Units in other armies, well that;s okay.. <br />
<br />
Also, I took inventory for what you had on old fantasy print materials. I will have instructions on that this week for you. Let's get it... <br />
..... <br />
<br />
Bases are no longer need or rather don't care as measurements are from model to model not base to base. <br />
<br />
Movement trays are still availiable, but are optional to use. <br />
<br />
No more points costs per model. <br />
<br />
Flexible army from 1 vs 1 model to apoc size games. <br />
<br />
4 page pdf. Lots of different scenerios. No army books. <br />
<br />
Tons of new models. New armies. All armies are playable <br />
<br />
Warscrolls think of warmachine Stat cards in the new box sets. Older boxesets will be downloadable on Saturday. <br />
<br />
Next week announcements will be lore. Old armies etc <br />
Army building isn't points it's based on units. We say okies build an army that includes 2 hqs. 2 troop choices 3 fast attacks. Each player then chooses their models based on that army building...I think

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
No points, not masters. The wargaming revolution starts now!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Did anybody have July 4, 2015?

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.
No points.
No bases.
Everything Random.
Marines.
Final Destination.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

All combats are resolved by smacking the models together and making *pew pew* or *shcraaah!* noises. The one that breaks first is the loser and then you re-buy the busted model.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Radish posted:

All combats are resolved by smacking the models together and making *pew pew* or *shcraaah!* noises. The one that breaks first is the loser and then you re-buy the busted model.
I got these on a whim back in middle or high school
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/18044/breakey

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Radish posted:

So Clay-O-Rama then?

BTW: Blob of Death is OP.

Indolent Bastard fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jun 29, 2015

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
nah AoS comes with an ACTUAL WARHAMMER that is used to smash your opponents models

Joe_Richter
Oct 8, 2005

Laser Lenin approves of hobo murder simulators.

moths posted:

Did anybody have July 4, 2015?

Actually, yes, what with it being my birthday.

Pity this isn't actually the death of GW though.....

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Moola posted:

nah AoS comes with an ACTUAL WARHAMMER that is used to smash your opponents models

known goon turtle dad 420 and i already made this rule please do not steal

we've actually trademarked the idea of hitting models with hammers, so you'll be hearing from our legal department

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
gently caress

poo poo!

*begins burning and making GBS threads on design documents, in that order*

Moola fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Jun 29, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

would you like to buy one of our GREYPLASTIC BATTLESMASHERS for $49.99?

• Locked thread