Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

At the same time, thank god it's just 5 or 6ish days of dailies to get a full set and not the soulcrushing grind it used to be in 2.0 launch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Bismark EX was cool, shame there's no real reason to run it more than once except for glamours.

You can run it ten times to get a weapon that lets non-DPS skip grinding 390 hunt seals I guess.

TooManyUzukis
Jun 23, 2007

Eej posted:

You can run it ten times to get a weapon that lets non-DPS skip grinding 390 hunt seals I guess.

It's 5 ilevels below the upgraded law weapon, that hardly makes the upgrade skippable.

TooManyUzukis fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jun 29, 2015

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
Maybe this patch will finally fix the Bard abilities getting locked bug? I can dream, at least.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Or the AST abilities knocking off food buffs

edit: or Raw Intuition loving up healing

Rei_ fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Jun 29, 2015

rock2much
Feb 6, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rei_ posted:

edit: or Raw Intuition loving up healing

I thought the Raw Intuition bug was a good bug? I'm only half paying attention to the crit heals I get when I pop it. Are they halved otherwise or something?

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
While on the topic of hunts: http://ffxivhuntmarks.jinivus.com/

You should use this site to minimize your teleports.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

rock2much posted:

I thought the Raw Intuition bug was a good bug? I'm only half paying attention to the crit heals I get when I pop it. Are they halved otherwise or something?

They're not a guaranteed crit otherwise. It's like the opposite of the Awareness bug from 2.0 and there's no way it's staying.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
drat this expo kicks rear end. The locations are beautiful, the music is great, and the Astro is fun as hell. I barely have the ilvl to get into Fractal, and just did a run with a dark knight and two mechanists, and it was such a smooth run - at least better than some runs with the original classes. At least from my limited perspective, the new classes look good.

I only have 2 real issues. I levelled my Astro from 53 to 57 just doing MSQ and Sohm Al (and my WHM is in that grind now), and I still don't have the drat Skydruid gloves for my glamour. Aside from that, my final two abilities feel like cruel jokes masquerading as real abilities. A regen bubble where I can't move or cast for 18 seconds? Thanks. 4 more seconds on my card effects? Wow. Best case scenario is like party wide 5% more damage on 2 attacks. Still though, fun as hell. I have a pretty large list of things I'd kill to see to the class (or just in battle stance dancing) but I like it. I just feel my 50 WHM has better tools for the job, let alone the awesome 52+ skills they get.

Actually, make a third issue. poo poo warriors with their poo poo deliverance, tanking in poo poo slaying gear with barely 500 hp more than I have.

Orcs and Ostriches fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jun 29, 2015

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

SwissArmyDruid posted:

While on the topic of hunts: http://ffxivhuntmarks.jinivus.com/

You should use this site to minimize your teleports.

ty for this

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Eej posted:

Why would you do that instead of just running Ravana

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Actually, make a third issue. poo poo warriors with their poo poo deliverance, tanking in poo poo slaying gear with barely 500 hp more than I have.

It's the same as DRKs who insist on using blood weapon on cooldown for the mad deeps or something. It's a higher skill ceiling than most tanks are used to, and bad tanks will be bad. When the skill ceiling is higher and they reach for the stars the crash and burn is all the more spectacular for it. Hopefully these people will get shamed out of doing stupid poo poo and actually swap stance and use cooldowns correctly instead of just being dumb, but who knows :iiam:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

TooManyUzukis posted:

It's 5 ilevels below the upgraded law weapon, that hardly makes the upgrade skippable.

You can totally get away with it as a tank or healer

bonewitch posted:

Why would you do that instead of just running Ravana

Ravana is harder ok

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

It's the same as DRKs who insist on using blood weapon on cooldown for the mad deeps or something. It's a higher skill ceiling than most tanks are used to, and bad tanks will be bad. When the skill ceiling is higher and they reach for the stars the crash and burn is all the more spectacular for it. Hopefully these people will get shamed out of doing stupid poo poo and actually swap stance and use cooldowns correctly instead of just being dumb, but who knows :iiam:

That's the hope. I play with a couple great warriors that really know how to gear and stance dance, but DRs in my short bus server can have some interesting characters.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Eej posted:

You can totally get away with it as a tank or healer

Ravana is harder ok

Bismarck's DRK sword is hilarious, that should be reason enough to do 10 of those.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I know the answer is "because pubbies" but I don't understand how people find DRK tanking hard. Do a DA Power Slash once or twice at the start, put up that debuff I can't remember the name of if you don't have a monk, use Blood Price when something's hitting you (not when Ravana's hitting the offtank, you dumbass :cripes:), turn off Grit only when you drat well know there's nothing to tank, job done. Everything else is either the same as the other tanks or just plain cherry on top (doubling up on DA with Dark Passenger or Carve and Spit, DA'ing Dark Mind or Dark Dance, dark darkity dark).

I find most DPS classes a LOT harder to play well than I did DRK, the only hard part of DRK is recovering from really loving up and going OOM :shrug:

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Yo so that hidden ship that's in the skybox.. Was it in the last zone, Sea of Clouds or Churning Mists? I've heard all three and we're starting to think it moves around

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Rei_ posted:

Yo so that hidden ship that's in the skybox.. Was it in the last zone, Sea of Clouds or Churning Mists? I've heard all three and we're starting to think it moves around

It definitely moves around. And I have no idea what the hell it is, it doesn't really look like anything I've seen in recent memory.

It doesn't look like an Imperial design. And it doesn't much look like an Allgan one either.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Lore question, did the continent of Meracydia ever have humanoid inhabitants, or was it all dravanian from the word go? I'm wondering what our prospects are of going there in the future.

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Rei_ posted:

I've seen it North of churning mists twice so far.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

So does the MSQ eventually get better about acknowledging that you didn't in fact solo the 8-man boss fight?

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

Ciaphas posted:

Lore question, did the continent of Meracydia ever have humanoid inhabitants, or was it all dravanian from the word go? I'm wondering what our prospects are of going there in the future.

It appears it was a dragon inhabited continent entirely. And you can actually see it when the King prepares to throw Ultimate End on you and you see the planet in the background too-- so I wouldn't be entirely shocked if we have to go there for some reason in the future.

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

SirPhoebos posted:

So does the MSQ eventually get better about acknowledging that you didn't in fact solo the 8-man boss fight?

i'm a tank and i play zoomed all the way in so i don't have to acknowledge anyone else's contribution or look at those annoying shapes on the ground

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

SirPhoebos posted:

By Heavensward they start just completely ignoring the fact that other people are there and don't even bother justifying it. Personally I think it's kind of hilarious.

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

What good is power when you're too wise to use it?
Grimey Drawer

SirPhoebos posted:

Those guys are just adventurers, who cares about them?

I do like that in the lead-up to the the Steps of Faith they reference Free Companies and how they're just a bunch of dirty sellswords.

El Cid fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Jun 29, 2015

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I'm like almost 40 and still enjoying Machinist, am i a scrub lord yet?

Rei_
May 16, 2004

I imagine it's just kind of acknowledged at this point that Rei Byrde, the Warrior of Light, has access to Eorzea's most robust, yet inconsistent rolodex of available adventurers

It's kind of like how you don't necessarily hire a journalist for their skills necessarily but their contacts

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

Volt Catfish posted:

I'm like almost 40 and still enjoying Machinist, am i a scrub lord yet?

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

Eej posted:

Ravana is harder ok

Its not that hard, it's really fun, and it drops the best weapons currently in the game

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

I know the answer is "because pubbies" but I don't understand how people find DRK tanking hard. Do a DA Power Slash once or twice at the start, put up that debuff I can't remember the name of if you don't have a monk, use Blood Price when something's hitting you (not when Ravana's hitting the offtank, you dumbass :cripes:), turn off Grit only when you drat well know there's nothing to tank, job done. Everything else is either the same as the other tanks or just plain cherry on top (doubling up on DA with Dark Passenger or Carve and Spit, DA'ing Dark Mind or Dark Dance, dark darkity dark).

If the enmity numbers I've seen tossed around are accurate, using Dark Arts on power slash is a waste of MP. It looks like the DA bonus is only about 15% more enmity.
For that matter, unless your DPS outgear you a lot it's a waste of GCDs to use Power Slash at all, in my experience, unless you want to dump enough enmity on an add that you can ignore it until it does, or are tanking without Grit against some 4man boss that hits like a wet noodle. I did some badrough napkin math and if you compare an MP neutral "spam Souleater" Grit combo to an MP neutral "Oh god I have to make every other combo Power Slash to keep threat" non-Grit combo, the latter comes out ahead.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Opposing Farce posted:

By Heavensward they start just completely ignoring the fact that other people are there and don't even bother justifying it. Personally I think it's kind of hilarious.

I liked the bit in the leadup to Ravana where Ysale asks you not to let her get killed if you sneak off and spend too long buying potions or whatever.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Azerban posted:

i'm a tank and i play zoomed all the way in so i don't have to acknowledge anyone else's contribution or look at those annoying shapes on the ground

Sup tank bro :hfive:. And speaking of, what new toys do Paladins get in Heavansward?

Lumis
Jan 10, 2006

I'm either a friend or a foe. Depends on who's looking.
If you craft a bunch of collectible items (let's say I make 5 collectible Cedar Bows), can you turn them in infinitely to get extra experience points or is there a daily limit on the number of turn-ins you can do?

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Gearhead posted:

It appears it was a dragon inhabited continent entirely. And you can actually see it when the King prepares to throw Ultimate End on you and you see the planet in the background too-- so I wouldn't be entirely shocked if we have to go there for some reason in the future.

Hm, granted I haven't beaten the last dungeon yet but...

Pretty sure the Allagans had some presence on Meracydia, and being that it's a continent and not just a country, I'd be surprised if there isn't some other civilizations in that region, or at least mortal creatures living away from the dragons. At the very least the Allagans probably had some cities, but I don't think we know for sure if Meracydia was only Dragontown.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Tsurupettan posted:

MSQ roulette gives you poe. Trial gives you law.

A full i170 set is 3095 without the weapon, and 3665 with.

e: 2400 cent without the weapon, 2795 with. Old hunts also give you cent and law.
Yes, you are correct. I was going off this guide if anyone wants a detailed link. http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3938468/blog/2342792/

Algid
Oct 10, 2007

Lumis posted:

If you craft a bunch of collectible items (let's say I make 5 collectible Cedar Bows), can you turn them in infinitely to get extra experience points or is there a daily limit on the number of turn-ins you can do?
Yeah there's no limit just a roster that rotates each day.

petcarcharodon
Jun 25, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

The Miqo'te came from there in the fifth umbral era.

Lumis
Jan 10, 2006

I'm either a friend or a foe. Depends on who's looking.

Algid posted:

Yeah there's no limit just a roster that rotates each day.

Awesome. Thank you. Hopefully that means levelling my crafts will be slightly less tedious.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So for those playing the real endgame, here's a list of the 3.0 triple triad NPCs organized by their availability windows.

pre:
2AM - 10AM   Estinien          Gibrillont, Foundation (12-11)                Roulette
2AM - 10AM   Count Edmont      Marielle, The Sea of Clouds (15-37)           Order
9AM - 8PM    Aymeric           Yayake, Ul'dah - Steps of Nald (7-12)         Chaos/Roulette
10AM - 8PM   Gaelicat          Noes, Old Gridania (10-5)                     Descension/Random
3PM - 3AM    Lucia             Wawalago, Limsa Lominsa Lower Decks (8-15)    Swap/Chaos
8PM - 5AM    Ysayle            Marcechamp, The Dravanian Forelands (32-20)   Reverse
9PM - 8AM    Hilda             Idle Imperial, Azys La (28-31)                Ascension/Random
10PM - 6AM   Yugiri            Yellow Moon, Ul'dah - Steps of Thal (14-13)   Ascension/Random
Unknown      Matoya            Midnight Dew, Idyllshire (5-6)                Random/Roulette
Always Up    Vanu Vanu/Gnath   Mogmill, The Churning Mists (28-35)           Roulette/Roulette

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Hm, looking at the wiki, is it true that Urianger is like, super old? Like, Sixth Umbral Era old?

I kind of thought he was just Minfilia's research attache.

• Locked thread