Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

zolthorg posted:

SNES doesn't have horrible portrait art though, I actually had to use a replacement patch that puts even dumber art in place this year.

Edit: I can't believe people complain about how Krile and say 'Cara' sounds so much more natural to them in the presence of words like Galuf, Quelb, Xezat, Mua, etc. The point is for Krile to sound alien to you.

The portrait art ranges from OK to bad. I'm just as glad to not have it since I'm doing the SNES version this year.

As for Cara versus Krile, I'm not saying it's more natural. I'm just saying I like it better. (On the other hand, Quelb is hilarious.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Poque posted:

yes and you get the added benefit of not having to play the godawful DS version! 4c may still pronounce it SEH-sill though :barf:

Ds version is good. It's the only version of the game that's actually challenge. It'd be better if that weird ability system wasn't so esoteric tho.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Genocyber posted:

Ds version is good. It's the only version of the game that's actually challenge. It'd be better if that weird ability system wasn't so esoteric tho.

the PC version is good because it's literally the DS version

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Yeah, let's not kid ourselves. If you're deciding on a platform based solely on its translation, GBA is #2.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Herux posted:

http://fourjobfiesta.com/players.php?player=Herux3020

blue/time/???/???

I think for a first run I am doing good yes? I haven't played in ages so bought the android version just to participate in the fiesta!

Congrats on the probable triple crown winning team. Have fun looking for stingrays.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

All fall before the power of Math and Mix.

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jun 29, 2015

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Run 2 begins. Got Knight, looks like a Brave Blade run.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

I think that's the first time I've ever seen a Ranger as the most useless member of a squad. ('goon has heavy armor, and thus makes a better Mix/Blue bot)

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

KataraniSword posted:

I think that's the first time I've ever seen a Ranger as the most useless member of a squad. ('goon has heavy armor, and thus makes a better Mix/Blue bot)

In fairness, she perforated every pre-NED boss in the Rift, including Omega (who got angry and fast) and Shinryu (who got angry). Surprisingly dosing someone up with +150 levels or so makes their Rapid Fire do a shitload of damage, who knew?

E: This was also funny.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

now it's my yearly wait for my submissions to be processed so I can begin the cycle anew

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.
It's kinda philosophical, y'know? Even the infinite nothingness of the void cannot defeat the universal truth of math. :v:

milk_dud
May 5, 2014
Math? Who needs math when you have the freedom of music!

I'm seriously tired of these dancers though.

Emy
Apr 21, 2009
I got linked here from Elentor's excellent FF7 LP thread, and have decided to do a fairly blind run of this Four Job Fiesta thing. Looks like I'm using monks to start.

One question, though. How long does the fiesta last?

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.
God drat Omniscient goes by so much quicker when you can just ignore the "deplete his MP" stage and spam Syldra.

EDIT: End of August, IIRC.

Emy
Apr 21, 2009
Cool, just making sure it wasn't "the end of June" or something

zolthorg
May 26, 2009

Why is it such a strange thing to revenantkioku that players would want to play Random or Chaos job allotments but without duplicate jobs

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
All right. I got the only legendary weapons I care about for my Time/Red/Geo/Dragoon run. I have Meteor. A bunch of poo poo I had to fight to GET Meteor absorbed Holy for some idiotic reason making the Holy Lance useless but now I can just drop space rocks and Lenna on stuff for the rest of the game.

At this point, I think the only thing I need is enough HP to survive NED and I'm good to go.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
Never thought Equip Axes could be useful, but the crystal guardians are vulnerable to Death Sickles (and as I didn't get any element-absorbing gear nor have Float, that's pretty nice!).

Except I never thought I'd need more than one Death Sickle...

Ah well, the Berserker killed two well enough and Zeninage did the rest with some damage spread beforehand :cool:.

That German translation though...

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

I'm not entirely sure what I did to deserve this.

5 runs.
5 rangers.
And for good measure, 4 runs with no jobs til Fire Crystal.

I am so sick of Rangers right now.

Gilgabot why.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Chaos is DEFINITELY balanced toward later jobs. RK has inferred as much himself. You're doing yourself a disservice by picking it each time. Notice how you've gotten a grand total of one wind job? There's a reason for that.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Poque posted:

Chaos is DEFINITELY balanced toward later jobs. RK has inferred as much himself. You're doing yourself a disservice by picking it each time. Notice how you've gotten a grand total of one wind job? There's a reason for that.

Honestly, I don't care much about that. Freelancer OP.

I'd just rather it not be Ranger EVERY SINGLE TIME.

dracula vladdy AF
May 6, 2011

CUT MY LIFE INTO PIECES
EXDEATH WAS KILLED BY BORTZ

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Poque posted:

I broke my chaos runs up with a 750.

After this one is done I'm going to do a No 750.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Ugh my new run included a blue mage and berserker but I just finished a run with a blue mage and I've had enough berserkers for the summer, so I job faired the berserker into a summoner and rerolled the blue mage, so we'll see what we get!

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Poque posted:

Isn't it just picking a random job from all 20 every time? That would tend to favor non-Wind jobs simply by virtue of the fact that there are six Wind jobs and fourteen non-Wind.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Is Gilgabot catholic? Is this forced penance for the arrogance of my last run?

megane
Jun 20, 2008

I am a useless newbie, but have a Blue Mage and a Chemist; can somebody explain to me how to take advantage of this? I know you can mess with levels using Dark Spark and Dragon Power and then Lv5Death them, but what other fun/stupid tricks are there?

Oh, and does Dark Spark round up or down?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

ultrafilter posted:

Isn't it just picking a random job from all 20 every time? That would tend to favor non-Wind jobs simply by virtue of the fact that there are six Wind jobs and fourteen non-Wind.

No, there's some tweaking going on. http://www.reddit.com/r/ff5fjf/comments/3bfst2/is_chaos_mode_broken/ He won't say exactly how chaos mode works but it is clearly weighted away from the wind crystal.

Mustard Iceman
Apr 8, 2015

Weak against ketchup

Kyrosiris posted:

Is Gilgabot catholic? Is this forced penance for the arrogance of my last run?

Have fun with Ifrit and probably Soul Cannon.

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

megane posted:

I am a useless newbie, but have a Blue Mage and a Chemist; can somebody explain to me how to take advantage of this? I know you can mess with levels using Dark Spark and Dragon Power and then Lv5Death them, but what other fun/stupid tricks are there?

Oh, and does Dark Spark round up or down?

Everything always rounds down.

And synergy-wise... that's about it with those two.There should be a !Mix chart hanging around the OP. There's also this, which is a pretty useful reference.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

This is the achievement name for the Gilgamesh and Enkidu battle in FFXIV, incidentally.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Mustard Iceman posted:

I've already done Geomancer/Berzerker (and Berserker/Bard), so yeah, I know what I'm getting into. :shepface:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Tortolia posted:

This is the achievement name for the Gilgamesh and Enkidu battle in FFXIV, incidentally.

All this talk about it is convincing me to try it out, I probably am not going to spend the 50 dollars on it though.

Mustard Iceman
Apr 8, 2015

Weak against ketchup

Beastmasters are fun and not fun. Fun because you get to use attacks you couldn't use otherwise and some of them are pretty good... but not fun because you can only use them once and the process of acquiring them is annoying and time consuming as heck since it involves math since I don't have access to Libra or Scan.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Hey guys I'm sort of sitting in my second night of a blackout with just my Vita to keep me sane and a rapidly diminishing iPhone battery. I just unlocked Bard from the Gilgabot making my current composition white mage/time mage/bard and I have no idea how to set up three support classes and what I should even do with bard!! I'm mostly posting it on here because I know there are guides but I don't want to kill my phone faster flipping through a dozen wiki pages, please help! D:

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Mustard Iceman posted:

Hide trivialises Soul Cannon. Ifrit is gonna be a pain, though.

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

Rei_ posted:

Hey guys I'm sort of sitting in my second night of a blackout with just my Vita to keep me sane and a rapidly diminishing iPhone battery. I just unlocked Bard from the Gilgabot making my current composition white mage/time mage/bard and I have no idea how to set up three support classes and what I should even do with bard!! I'm mostly posting it on here because I know there are guides but I don't want to kill my phone faster flipping through a dozen wiki pages, please help! D:

Romeo's Ballad is multitarget stop. It basically trivializes most random encounters, and even some bosses. Like Omega.

Later on, you get access to the stat buff songs, which make things even easier.

Between Haste and white mage, you shouldn't have any problems surviving, but you're going to be depending on your Earth class for offense.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Geo/Bard/Ranger.

Yeehaw. :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Poque posted:

No, there's some tweaking going on. http://www.reddit.com/r/ff5fjf/comments/3bfst2/is_chaos_mode_broken/ He won't say exactly how chaos mode works but it is clearly weighted away from the wind crystal.

i think at least the first batch was also weighted towards berserker, even without risk there were a lot of berserker/multi-berserker teams in chaos mode

• Locked thread