Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

DrManiac posted:

I hope we get a special episode now that gay marriage is legalized. Conservatives are loving melting down online

Just begin linking or copy/pasting or screenshotting the "best of" in this thread and we can submit a group compilation doc. If someone beats us to the punch well then we got some laughs anyways!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flesh dance
May 6, 2009

That poo poo is just sad and predictable, not funny.

Cyberventurer
Jul 10, 2005

Djeser posted:

In the document hopper there's an Erotic Poetry doc I can't wait to hear.

I started that one, although the best of it came from another Ball Pit user when I ran out of steam early on when making it. It's been in the hopper for a while now, but I don't know if it's a good idea to go back and try to pad it out a little more just to be safe because I don't know when, or if there's been a recording yet. I've been a little concerned about the length of the document, since poems tend to be very vertical which makes the submission look a lot longer than it really is.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

DrManiac posted:

I hope we get a special episode now that gay marriage is legalized. Conservatives are loving melting down online

flesh dance posted:

That poo poo is just sad and predictable, not funny.

Sounds like it'd fit quite well for a Lou Reads episode then.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
Who here like terrible food recipes?

http://thefpl.us/episode/179

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Only four readers? I hope everyone's okay! :ohdear:

e: So far this is almost a STOG overdose.

RyokoTK fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jun 27, 2015

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
Haha, oh god, this stinger. It may be my favourite part of the episode.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
At first I was confused by the readers' disgust at the idea of cheese and jelly together. I've had Brie with preserves on crackers before and it's quite delicious.

Then the "processed cheese product" came out and I remembered what site we're on. :negative:

ZakAce
May 15, 2007

GF
I know this is a rather old episode, but one of my favourites so far is #39, the vulgar classical literature one. I knew that James Joyce's letters were dirty, but... :stonk:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

(These are Mock Apple Pies III and IV; Mock Apple Pie II sadly didn't have a picture.)

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Jun 27, 2015

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Oh my god, that second one (IV).

The food episodes are the ones that legitimately baffle me. None of these can be meaningfully healthier than a real apple pie, and they can't possibly taste as good. All that trouble to make overrich crap that's a facsimile of something better that can't possibly take much more money or time.

"I love a two-person steak dinner! But what if instead I buy three pounds of hamburger, spend over an hour sculpting it to sort of look like a dozen steaks, then drown them in Lowry's red salt and Worcestershire sauce?"

A Meat
Jun 28, 2013

CERTIFIED FRESH AS HELL DOC MAKER

I can understand people buying deep-fried whatevers at state fairs, because it's quick and easy to just order a thing.

But what gets me is putting in the effort to prepare all the stuff to make 7up jello salad or whatever other hell dish, when it's more expensive and time consuming than just making a simple sponge cake that's bound to taste better.

Chelb
Oct 24, 2010

I'm gonna show SA-kun my shitposting!
I've never hated wiccans more than when I heard that goddamn parental peep ritual. Good job making a diabetic cargo cult out of your kids, weirdos.

Plague of Hats posted:

The food episodes are the ones that legitimately baffle me. None of these can be meaningfully healthier than a real apple pie, and they can't possibly taste as good. All that trouble to make overrich crap that's a facsimile of something better that can't possibly take much more money or time.

But don't you see I "don't like apples" yet want to eat an entire apple pie for some reason!!!

Maybe they've been fed some really lovely apple pies in their lives, and thus make lovely representations of what they wish they wanted without having the sense of mind to realize that it's not really the apples' fault. :shrug:

Chelb fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Jun 27, 2015

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I AM THE PEEP WIZARD

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
You know what, Lemon's daughter? I want raspberries too. :unsmith:

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

:love::love::love:
I just re-listened to episode 115 - the school survival forums - and it's definitely one of my favorites mainly because Adam Bozarth is so loving funny in it.

An underrated classic.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Funny, I just relistened to Any Cling You Want and that episode is so loving good.

The, like, glee and enjoyment everyone gets out of it is just great.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

HoAssHo posted:

I just re-listened to episode 115 - the school survival forums - and it's definitely one of my favorites mainly because Adam Bozarth is so loving funny in it.
It's my car you bITCH!

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

RyokoTK posted:

Funny, I just relistened to Any Cling You Want and that episode is so loving good.

The, like, glee and enjoyment everyone gets out of it is just great.

Coy Orbison

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
Roy Orbison is completely wrapped in GLUB GLUB

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

HoAssHo posted:

An underrated classic.

It kinda shoots itself in the foot by starting with COD quick-time events against a Buff Grandpa, but it's a pretty good one.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Grandpa op

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

the valedictorian speech has me in tears everytime the dude points out the two girls he has a crush on.

The Sin of Onan
Oct 11, 2012

And below,
watched by eyes of steel
we dreamt
I think my favourite one I've listened to so far was the ballbusting one, largely because of how thoroughly broken Adam Bozarth is by the end of it. "I used to one of those people that really liked people, but now I see what they write, and how they lie, ..." (the bit that goes something like that) puts me in stitches from having my scrote ripped open every time I hear it :) But the whole episode is pretty amazing.

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Adam Bozarth is great in general. His sketch comedy podcast Left Handed Radio is really good too (granted I'm only like 5 episodes in so far, but I like it).

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

As he was once introduced, he's "a goddamn professional comedian."

One of my favorite moments with Bozarth was in I think the ball torture episode, when he wondered what the deal was with the Internet's fascination with precum. I am forever tickled by his shocked horror-laugh when Boots interrupted Jack's explanation to say "It is the tastiest cum."

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

HoAssHo posted:

Adam Bozarth is great in general. His sketch comedy podcast Left Handed Radio is really good too (granted I'm only like 5 episodes in so far, but I like it).

I finally listened to AIRBRUSH CREATIONS and yeah, Left Handed Radio is super super good.

Wandering Knitter
Feb 5, 2006

Meow
I am absolutely heartbroken that White BBQ Sauce and Velveeta Fudge weren't part of the episode.

Djeser
Mar 22, 2013

it's crow time again

quote:

At many barbecue joints across the South, white barbecue sauce is the sauce of choice. It's generally a mayonnaise-based sauce,

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

I'm not with them at all on their revulsion of lil' smokies with jelly/mustard sauce. Well, the mustard part I am. The way I always had them growing up was with bbq sauce and grape jelly, and that poo poo is delicious!

HoAssHo
Mar 10, 2005

Because you grew up with it. There are a lot of foods like that that seem gross to people who didn't grow up with them but are nostalgic comfort foods to people who did.

I would never feed anyone else the white trash poo poo I ate growing up, like beef stroganoff made with Campbell's cream of mushroom soup, but I still need to make it for myself once every few years because I get a craving for it and to me it's delicious even though I know it's garbage food for garbage people.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

BootsRaingear posted:

After we recorded that episode, I did some slurred readings of stories from that transformation site on our old TF2 server. I remember there being one where a bunch of bros transformed themselves so that their bodies would produce breakfast foods.

They'd lactate milk, pee orange juice. Their penises would fall off and be sausages, bacon foreskins, etc.

It was really something special. I should see if I can find that again.

Choose Your Own Change was one of my favorites because I just... I just completely fail to see the eroticism in it, but it's so inoffensive that you aren't distracted by your digust like with some of the others. Four feet of boob.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

HoAssHo posted:

Because you grew up with it. There are a lot of foods like that that seem gross to people who didn't grow up with them but are nostalgic comfort foods to people who did.
For example, I'd loving kill a man for a vegemite sandwich right now, but I realize vegemite is the gross salty toe jam of Satan to most non-Australasians.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD

HoAssHo posted:

I would never feed anyone else the white trash poo poo I ate growing up, like beef stroganoff made with Campbell's cream of mushroom soup, but I still need to make it for myself once every few years because I get a craving for it and to me it's delicious even though I know it's garbage food for garbage people.

This is me with a lot of St. Louis "delicacies". Sometimes I get a craving for thin-crust square pizza or gooey butter cake, sure, but I'd never prepare it as a meal for someone who's never had it.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
I'd feel completely fine serving Gooey Butter Cake as a dessert. But serving St. Louis pizza to someone who's never had it to anyone is a bad thing.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Jimmyfranks' endless rant about a long blowjob scene in the This Aint XXX episode jumps into my top 3 FPlus moments with a bullet. Holy poo poo.

e: Oh man Portaxx's breakdown at the end of the Mars episode is better.

weekly font fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jun 30, 2015

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010
Congrats F-Plus thread. You can now legally AHH, COME ON gently caress A GUY in all 50 states of the USA now. Or, yaknow, lady.

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Focacciasaurus_Rex posted:

Congrats F-Plus thread. You can now legally AHH, COME ON gently caress A GUY in all 50 states of the USA now. Or, yaknow, lady.

AHHH COME ON WED A GUY

Hello Meow
Nov 9, 2009
Since all the episodes are great to me, I have a hard time recommending people a starting point. What are some good episodes to point a new listener toward?
I'm thinking the wikihow episodes and the cooking episodes, since they're pretty much hilarious start to finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Focacciasaurus_Rex
Dec 13, 2010

Hello Meow posted:

Since all the episodes are great to me, I have a hard time recommending people a starting point. What are some good episodes to point a new listener toward?
I'm thinking the wikihow episodes and the cooking episodes, since they're pretty much hilarious start to finish.

Dozerfleet and Water Woman are also pretty great episodes to go on.