Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

sassassin posted:

United have bid £28.6m for Ramos.

says twitter

Lmao I hope this is true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I want to see the clown in the premier league

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

corpuscollossus posted:

Kondogbia more or less destroyed Arsenal's attack in the CL quarters. He's proper quality and I wish we'd signed him.

Arsenal haven't been in the CL quarters for 5 years.

Chris de Sperg
Aug 14, 2009

Jose posted:

I want to see the clown in the premier league
But he's just signed with Real Madrid?????

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

PerpetualSelf posted:

Porto is apparently doing some really shady stuff to Jackson Martinez. He rejected going to AC Milan who triggered his clause at 35m. He wants to go to Atletico who will pay 30m. Portos president isn't willing to sell him for that and the media is reporting he's even said he will bench him unless his release clause is trigerred.

How is only wanting to sell a player for his release clause shady?

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Jose posted:

Their owner lost half his fortune, £2b, in his divorce

Did Monaco every have to wind up paying tax to stay in Ligue 1 or was it a one time payoff or did they just get away with it entirely?

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
idk if anyone was after him but Aaron Cresswell has signed a new contract. He's good

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Chris de Sperg posted:

But he's just signed with Real Madrid?????

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Why did you delete the part of that quote that made it shady?

PerpetualSelf posted:

Porto is apparently doing some really shady stuff to Jackson Martinez. He rejected going to AC Milan who triggered his clause at 35m. He wants to go to Atletico who will pay 30m. Portos president isn't willing to sell him for that and the media is reporting he's even said he will bench him unless his release clause is trigerred.

Jackson's rep also revealed that last year Porto rejected 30m bids from arsenal, Bvb, Valencia, and Liverpool and that because of that Jackson was promised he would be able to go to the team of his choice this summer.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I hope United gently caress around trying to buy players that don't have any interest playing for them and then panic buy a bunch of overrated retards.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

blue footed boobie posted:

William Carvalho was bad the three times I saw him play. I hope you enjoyed my hot take on William Carvalho.

Grzegorz Krychowiak was also thrown around a little bit, who plays for Sevilla.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

Ewar Woowar posted:

I hope United gently caress around trying to buy players that don't have any interest playing for them and then panic buy a bunch of overrated retards.

lmao this sounds like City's last few seasons

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

pik_d posted:

Why did you delete the part of that quote that made it shady?

Because it's hearsay and impossible to prove, thus I don't take it into account (especially coming from a player's agent).

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

trem_two posted:

Arsenal haven't been in the CL quarters for 5 years.

gently caress

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Supposedly Clyne is having his medical today.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Because it's hearsay and impossible to prove, thus I don't take it into account (especially coming from a player's agent).

Yeah, that was the first thing I thought when I read that bit too. Like, was it specifically mentioned in some kind of contractual negotiation or was it more of a "yeah, sure bud, we'll let you go" type thing (which I assume it was)? Because the latter definitely isn't legally binding and the club has no obligation to uphold something like that if it's not in writing.

That's if it even happened anyway and isn't just him and/or his agent spinning a yarn.

Machinegunboyo
Apr 26, 2010

life is good

Ewar Woowar posted:

Supposedly Clyne is having his medical today.

Bit late isn't it?

Machinegunboyo fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Jun 29, 2015

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Yeah, that was the first thing I thought when I read that bit too. Like, was it specifically mentioned in some kind of contractual negotiation or was it more of a "yeah, sure bud, we'll let you go" type thing (which I assume it was)? Because the latter definitely isn't legally binding and the club has no obligation to uphold something like that if it's not in writing.

That's if it even happened anyway and isn't just him and/or his agent spinning a yarn.

Everyone in Martinez's situation seems to say that, and I'm sure it's either bullshit or not the whole truth.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Why are they bidding so much for Sergio Ramos? He's 30, he has terrible games and he gets sent off quite a lot. I don't understand. If the point of signing players is to win more/lose less games, then De Gea is infinitely more valuable than one old centre back.

Even if it's s foregone conclusion that he's going to Madrid, I don't get at all why they will spend most of the money on Ramos, who will then also be on higher wages.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I'd like Newcastle to sign someone

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Ramos is a massive name and will cost a ton for anyone to buy. He can really only be a mediocre signing at best.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Levy did something similar with Modric iirc

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

quote:

Arsenal's interest in Ki Sung Yeung has cooled after Swansea commercial director Leigh Dineen announced that he has sold "maybe 50 or 60 shirts total" in South Korea bearing the midfielder's name.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Mindgames

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

Vinestalk posted:

How much of that money would Porto even see, though? Martinez is 3rd-party owned, isn't he?

No he's not. They bought him outright a while ago.

Well when you reject 30m bid after buying him a season ago for 8m, despite players wishes to move on, then promise him he can move on after next season, only to reject bids and only accept bids from a team he doesn't want to go to and try to force him to go there against his wishes only because they'll pay 5m more, your being pretty shady.

Most players would force a transfer for less than the buyout. They have the ability too and Porto players have done it before. Jackson has served the club faithfully for a lot longer then he should have. Some would say he's thrown his career away there. A lot of people say he's not good because he didn't move after just a season or two in Portugal. Poisoning the water with one of your biggest stars over 5m euros is a stupid thing to do.

PerpetualSelf fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jun 29, 2015

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Hello, Martinez's agent.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
35m is just too much for a 29 year old. No team is gonna pay that. You might as well say he can only play for the rest of career at Porto. He signed a new contract with Porto just last year on the condition his release clause would be lowered and he owuld be allowed to leave.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Jackson Martinez needs to fire his agent immediatly.

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

PerpetualSelf posted:

Well when you reject 30m bid after buying him a season ago for 8m, despite players wishes to move on, then promise him he can move on after next season, only to reject bids and only accept bids from a team he doesn't want to go to and try to force him to go there against his wishes only because they'll pay 5m more, your being pretty shady.

Most players would force a transfer for less than the buyout. They have the ability too and Porto players have done it before. Jackson has served the club faithfully for a lot longer then he should have. Some would say he's thrown his career away there. A lot of people say he's not good because he didn't move after just a season or two in Portugal. Poisoning the water with one of your biggest stars over 5m euros is a stupid thing to do.

I disagree with everything in this post.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
more like Poorto

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
The real number from the Leigh Dineen quote was 60 or 70 shirts. Arsenal are back in with a £15m bid.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I haven't seen anything about Arsenal being in for Ki anywhere but in sassassin's posts.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
That's good. Other Swansea rumours I've made up:

Fabianski > Roma
Williams > Palace
Bartley > Villa
Fernandez > Valencia
Naughton > Fire Island
Britton > Wolves, Cardiff(!!)
Shelvey > Spurs
Michu > Holland

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

PerpetualSelf posted:

35m is just too much for a 29 year old. No team is gonna pay that. You might as well say he can only play for the rest of career at Porto. He signed a new contract with Porto just last year on the condition his release clause would be lowered and he owuld be allowed to leave.

If someone actually offered 30m, why do you think 35m is so over the top?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

PerpetualSelf posted:

Didn't you, yourself, say that AC Milan triggered his clause at 35m?

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

sassassin posted:

That's good. Other Swansea rumours I've made up:

Fabianski > Roma
Williams > Palace
Bartley > Villa
Fernandez > Valencia
Naughton > Fire Island
Britton > Wolves, Cardiff(!!)
Shelvey > Spurs
Michu > Holland

Just saying that it doesn't seem to be a thing outside of whatever Swansea things you're reading

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

PerpetualSelf posted:

35m is just too much for a 29 year old. No team is gonna pay that.
United will pay that much for 29 year old Sergio Ramos. And hell it will be cool

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Yeah the markup on established players has really gotten loving insane, will there be some sort of bubble?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Some reports saying Begovic and Chelsea have made an agreement, would be fine with this.

• Locked thread