Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MZ
Apr 21, 2004

Excuse me while I kiss the sky.

enojy posted:

For any new Driveclub suckers, if you're looking for a club, please join For Your Health. New clubs require at least one joined member to activate, so it's win-win! The livery will eventually be good, I promise.

Done!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The way they talked up Hitman I thought it was gonna be a $20-30 product that constantly evolves. Not a $60 sink to hope they add missions for.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner

enojy posted:

For any new Driveclub suckers, if you're looking for a club, please join For Your Health. New clubs require at least one joined member to activate, so it's win-win! The livery will eventually be good, I promise.

Provided it's not full up by the time I get home, I'll join tonight!

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Shuhei Yoshida is gonna eat a pepper for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owJPOBadNsY

And Rami Ismail is there too.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Shuhei Yoshida is gonna eat a pepper for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owJPOBadNsY

They need to do presidential debates.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

enojy posted:

Can I join on my PC or does it have to be in-game?

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

8-bit Miniboss posted:

How do I become friends with Yoshida?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Nuclear throne is really good and I recommend it to anyone who has a computer-like object that can run a gamemaker game.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
So, I have to ask, is anyone bothering with Planetside 2 now that it's on PS4? Enjoyed it enough on PC but would probably enjoy it more now that I can play it with a controller and all. And if so? What faction/server?

Also, Driveclub PS+ edition sure is a thing. I suck at driving games.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Game of Thrones is pretty good so far and I'll probably end up buying the season pass, but man they just keep adding more complex qtes to the action sequences every new series they make that I never quite remember and gently caress up. At least I won't be getting a little girl eaten by zombies when I do now. :v:

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

Ularg posted:

So, I have to ask, is anyone bothering with Planetside 2 now that it's on PS4? Enjoyed it enough on PC but would probably enjoy it more now that I can play it with a controller and all. And if so? What faction/server?

If they're not bothering to update/patch it, then I'm not bothering to try it(and neither should anyone else).

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

RBA Starblade posted:

Game of Thrones is pretty good so far and I'll probably end up buying the season pass, but man they just keep adding more complex qtes to the action sequences every new series they make that I never quite remember and gently caress up. At least I won't be getting a little girl eaten by zombies when I do now. :v:

Yeah I went into it with 0 expectation and had a lot of fun. Played about 1/2 the first episode and will probably end up buying the rest

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Nuclear throne is really good and I recommend it to anyone who has a computer-like object that can run a gamemaker game.

is it out on ps4 yet?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

GoT season pass for $12.50 cdn was too good to pass up. Would have rather played it on vita at work but I guess vita is 100% anime releases now :(

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

MZ posted:

Done!

robodex posted:

Provided it's not full up by the time I get home, I'll join tonight!

Crows Turn Off posted:

Can I join on my PC or does it have to be in-game?

Thanks! Let's... now access the crew/club content! And, I'm not sure how to join a club outside of the game. Hilariously, what appears to be the official website's registry expires tomorrow, and beyond that, I wouldn't know where to look for the option to join. There does appear to be a mobile app (MyDRIVECLUB) but I haven't tried it.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

RBA Starblade posted:

Fateo McMurray posted:

Yeah I went into it with 0 expectation and had a lot of fun. Played about 1/2 the first episode and will probably end up buying the rest

....did you miss the half off season pass that ended 3 hours ago?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Bombadilillo posted:

....did you miss the half off season pass that ended 3 hours ago?

I didn't know that ended already, gently caress.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Ularg posted:

Also, Driveclub PS+ edition sure is a thing. I suck at driving games.

No. Driveclub makes a lot of people think they suck at driving games when in fact it is Driveclub that sucks.

Here's the kind of racing game poo poo I do for fun:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5hX2OTElnI
along with anything from Gran Turismo to PC sim racing with wheel and pedals, it's great. Those games do arcade and or sim driving right. Driveclub driving is a sanity-loss like a pair of elder gods just performed The Aristocrats on stage.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Obsurveyor posted:

If they're not bothering to update/patch it, then I'm not bothering to try it(and neither should anyone else).

LoL. What? Do you just make poo poo up?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

jabro posted:

LoL. What? Do you just make poo poo up?

Did they fix it, I hadn't heard anything if they did? It was super out-of-date compared to the PC version.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Obsurveyor posted:

Did they fix it, I hadn't heard anything if they did? It was super out-of-date compared to the PC version.

It doesn't have all of the guns or cosmetics the PC version has or squads yet but that will be coming with next week's update. I haven't experienced any game breaking bugs or anything crazy either.

I'm having a blast playing the game. Is it perfect? No, but fun regardless.

To who asked, everyone is on the Genudine server. I'm TR but everyone else seems to be NC.

Dr Sun Try
May 23, 2009

Plaster Town Cop

enojy posted:

I joined.
also: I like that weird knock-off Mickey Mouse face thing :)

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

enojy posted:

Joined, I'm Delusi. Anyone else, feel free to add me to your PSN (so long as you include a message that you're a goon either over PSN or on here) for some Driveclubbing, Rocket Leaguing, Batmanning, Nplusplusing and various other stuff.

Seedge
Jun 15, 2009
Hey, buddy. :glomp:

Feenix posted:

AKA: it's gonna be light on content /Early Access, if you will...

Indubitably. I'm asking about the disc version because our computer system has it out physically on Dec 8th, and I don't want to take pre-orders if people won't get it until next year.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Seedge posted:

Indubitably. I'm asking about the disc version because our computer system has it out physically on Dec 8th, and I don't want to take pre-orders if people won't get it until next year.

there has been no announcement of a disc version yet i think

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

jabro posted:

It doesn't have all of the guns or cosmetics the PC version has or squads yet but that will be coming with next week's update. I haven't experienced any game breaking bugs or anything crazy either.

I'm having a blast playing the game. Is it perfect? No, but fun regardless.

To who asked, everyone is on the Genudine server. I'm TR but everyone else seems to be NC.

Cool I might have to give that a go. I'm a sucker for NC, though.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Well I missed that sale but definitely picking up the season pass for Game of Thrones.

I like how it gets around the whole "you can't really affect the outcome too much" by just throwing Ramsey in. There's really only one way that's going to end. :v:

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

enojy posted:

There does appear to be a mobile app (MyDRIVECLUB) but I haven't tried it.

Haha you swear if they couldn't get the online stuff and plus version done in due time that they made any headway on a mobile app. Best I can tell that thing is vapor.

MrLonghair posted:

No. Driveclub makes a lot of people think they suck at driving games when in fact it is Driveclub that sucks.

Most assuredly, sir, I must respectfully disagree.

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010
Possible a dumb question, but how do you use a external HDD in your PS4? I was looking at this one and someone in the reviews mentions using it in their PS4, does it just plug and play or do you need to do anything else to make it work? Like, opening it up to remove the HDD or something?

I don't really care about backing up my data, I have unmetered bandwidth so just downloading it all overnight isn't a problem and my saves are on the cloud. Is there anything else I need to do before upgrading my drive? I'm kinda running low on space and if I'm gonna upgrade I only want to do it once.

Delusibeta
Aug 7, 2013

Let's ride together.

Spalec posted:

Possible a dumb question, but how do you use a external HDD in your PS4? I was looking at this one and someone in the reviews mentions using it in their PS4, does it just plug and play or do you need to do anything else to make it work? Like, opening it up to remove the HDD or something?

I don't really care about backing up my data, I have unmetered bandwidth so just downloading it all overnight isn't a problem and my saves are on the cloud. Is there anything else I need to do before upgrading my drive? I'm kinda running low on space and if I'm gonna upgrade I only want to do it once.

Yeah, for that one you get it out of it's case (surprisingly simple, it's a two piece case that's held together by friction, so it's nothing a knife and some elbow grease can't handle), unscrew the screws at the side of the drive and remove the USB adaptor. The drive inside is the perfect size for your PS4. You can then take your PS4 drive, stick the USB adaptor and the screws into it, stick it back into the case and hook it up to your PC for a format, and you've got yourself a bonus 500Gb external hard drive. :v: Make sure you get the old version (i.e. not that one, but the one with the smooth case), as apparently the new version is a complete pain in the arse to open.

The biggest downside is that voids the warranty of the external drive, so if either drive dies on you you're SOL. On the up side, it's a good solid £20 cheaper for a 2Tb drive.

Finally, do note there's no way in hell that you've managed to almost max out your 500Gb drive without also maxing out your 1Gb of PS+ save allowance. Get a USB stick (any will do, although you'll want one that's bigger than a Gb for obvious reasons) and copy your saves onto that. You'll thank me later.

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Oh my god Drive Club is the most inexcusably horrible experience if you're trying to play with friends. To just GET INTO A RACE AND PLAY ONLINE WITH FRIENDS you have to

1) Create a party
2) Party leader goes through the time-limited, pre-made race/car combinations and searches for one they like. If you press square to see if you have the cars available the cursor goes back to the beginning of the metro-style window interface so you have to remember where it is.
3) You then WAIT SEVERAL MINUTES until the race begins what the fuck1?!/1r'1/'
4) You play with a bunch of random pubbies because there's no way to play privately with your friends with the cars/maps you want

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
Since we're on the topic, does anyone know any other 2tb drives that work in the PS4?

shmee
Jun 24, 2005

The Seagate Backup Plus Slim was the popular choice for a while. It's the one I used.

In terms of the limits, I think it's just physical size? See https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5107/~/upgrade-ps4-hdd

There seem limited benefits in getting anything better than a 5.4k drive, because the bus is slow or something or other.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
Is drive club an arcade racer or driving sim.
I find driving sims boring as poo poo (gt)
Arcadey ones are my poo poo (burnout series, to a lesser extent free copies of NFS)

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

SectumSempra posted:

Arcadey ones are my poo poo (burnout series, to a lesser extent free copies of NFS)

It's arcadey like Project Gotham was arcadey. I actually like the racing a lot. The multiplayer experience is horrendous though- no way I'm looking at it till they patch in private lobbies.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

a cop posted:

Oh my god Drive Club is the most inexcusably horrible experience if you're trying to play with friends. To just GET INTO A RACE AND PLAY ONLINE WITH FRIENDS you have to

1) Create a party
2) Party leader goes through the time-limited, pre-made race/car combinations and searches for one they like. If you press square to see if you have the cars available the cursor goes back to the beginning of the metro-style window interface so you have to remember where it is.
3) You then WAIT SEVERAL MINUTES until the race begins what the fuck1?!/1r'1/'
4) You play with a bunch of random pubbies because there's no way to play privately with your friends with the cars/maps you want
Is there at least an in-world explanation for it like in Souls games? Your racing world only occasionally and unpredictably comes in contact with the racing world of others, or something.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

SectumSempra posted:

Driveclub slots between Need For Speed and Forza/Gran Turismo. The handling is very love/hate. I think it's absolutely fantastic and a nice balance between the more hardcore sims. Try the PS Plus edition.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Samurai Sanders posted:

Is there at least an in-world explanation for it like in Souls games? Your racing world only occasionally and unpredictably comes in contact with the racing world of others, or something.

Now I'm wishing there were such a thing as a roguelike racing game

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

shmee posted:

The Seagate Backup Plus Slim was the popular choice for a while. It's the one I used.

In terms of the limits, I think it's just physical size? See https://support.us.playstation.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5107/~/upgrade-ps4-hdd

There seem limited benefits in getting anything better than a 5.4k drive, because the bus is slow or something or other.

Cool, I can snag one of those for about $100CAD, cheaper than I can bet the expansion version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

acksplode posted:

Now I'm wishing there were such a thing as a roguelike racing game
Actually with all the millions of roguelike-like games that indies on Steam come up with every day, are we sure there isn't already one?

• Locked thread