Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

The Vosgian Beast posted:

I think you kind of have to be a PUA/MRA to really strongly detest Fury Road.

That's not true. My dad decided to watch Fury Road with me and while I liked the movie he didn't. He said that he didn't like how ridiculous and over-the-top the movie was and that it reminded him of Waterworld (he never saw the other Mad Max movies). I am 100% certain that he isn't a PUA/MRA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

I too, throw tantrums when my toys aren't like the old toys anymore. Especially in public places!

WHAT!. this new transformer toy is not made out of metal and lead paint? BERAYAL!

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

I too, throw tantrums when my toys aren't like the old toys anymore. Especially in public places!
This is also one of the things that started the bitter rift between CA and Lordkat, because he was going to get an interview with the guy who created Minecraft, but once that "BETRAYAL!!!" video hit the internet; they got leery towards channel awesome people. Thing is Lordkat had left CA by then and was doing his own thing, but was still seen as CA for some reason.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Mraagvpeine posted:

That's not true. My dad decided to watch Fury Road with me and while I liked the movie he didn't. He said that he didn't like how ridiculous and over-the-top the movie was and that it reminded him of Waterworld (he never saw the other Mad Max movies). I am 100% certain that he isn't a PUA/MRA.

Well then, I stand corrected.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Speakig of which, apparently the Spoony One Sicks blog now posted his new address and phone number, this surely won't cause anything bad.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

Mraagvpeine posted:

Waterworld is a pretty bad rip-off of Mad Max. It's only notable because of how expensive a rip-off of Mad Max it was.

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

Arcsquad12 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpMS1qLkHFM

Jontron has a new Starcade out. I'll be honest, I just want him to get to the Tie Fighter episode soon.

At least there's actual gameplay footage in this one.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Annointed posted:

Speakig of which, apparently the Spoony One Sicks blog now posted his new address and phone number, this surely won't cause anything bad.

Let's not give any spotlight to sites that are full of pointless vitriol and empty rage.
We've got SA forums for that.

Shiran
Feb 20, 2003

Arcsquad12 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpMS1qLkHFM

Jontron has a new Starcade out. I'll be honest, I just want him to get to the Tie Fighter episode soon.

Pretty funny but I wish it wasn't so short. I'm also getting a bit tired with Star Wars. How much longer will Starcade continue?

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
At this rate starcade is going to go on for years, considering his latest episode is based on a game from 1993. He hasn't hit tie fighter yet, and after that there's a half dozen jedi knight and dark forces games plus the deluge of surprisingly decent episode one titles.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Arcsquad12 posted:

At this rate starcade is going to go on for years, considering his latest episode is based on a game from 1993. He hasn't hit tie fighter yet, and after that there's a half dozen jedi knight and dark forces games plus the deluge of surprisingly decent episode one titles.

Jedi Power Battles FTW.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

OldMemes posted:

Waterworld is a pretty bad rip-off of Mad Max. It's only notable because of how expensive a rip-off of Mad Max it was.
What's ironic is that when "Waterworld" was being pitched in the early 80s (right around when "Road Warrior" came out) it was planned to be a relatively low-to-mid-budget movie. Then the script kept changing hands over the course of a decade til Kevin Costner got it, then it became the $170 million+ behometh everyone knows it as.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Honestly a water Mad Max would be great, you know if it wasn't so :mediocre:

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...
I finally remembered to check Spoony's site to see if he posted a new video.

Hey, there is a new video up, posted a little over a week ago! And it's not a wrestling vlog! I wonder what it might be?

http://spoonyexperiment.com/lets-play/live-wire-p-t/

:sigh:

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Web Developer for phelous.com dot com.

Shiran posted:

Pretty funny but I wish it wasn't so short. I'm also getting a bit tired with Star Wars. How much longer will Starcade continue?

I like the videos; they've got the type of humor you'd expect from JonTron. I , too, wish they weren't so short.

But the thing that really makes me whaaaaaa... is-- well, did he actually build that entire, complex, functioning set, from scratch-- using materials and monies-- just to film a series of 1 minute non-reviews of 30 year old games no one has ever heard of?

whaaaa

CaligulaKangaroo
Jul 26, 2012

MAY YOUR HALLOWEEN BE AS STUPID AS MY LIFE IS

achillesforever6 posted:

This is also one of the things that started the bitter rift between CA and Lordkat, because he was going to get an interview with the guy who created Minecraft, but once that "BETRAYAL!!!" video hit the internet; they got leery towards channel awesome people. Thing is Lordkat had left CA by then and was doing his own thing, but was still seen as CA for some reason.

That might be part of the reason Lindsay Ellis tried to create her own brand.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

achillesforever6 posted:

LordKat is a giant piece of poo poo, didn't he have a huge hatful rant about some woman from the escapist who did a few videos with Angry Joe at the time? I think this was before BETRAYER.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
He also said Spoony should kill himself with his brother's gun, so I don't really give a gently caress what Spoony shouting some at E3 did to LK's "career".

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Max Wilco posted:

I finally remembered to check Spoony's site to see if he posted a new video.

Hey, there is a new video up, posted a little over a week ago! And it's not a wrestling vlog! I wonder what it might be?

http://spoonyexperiment.com/lets-play/live-wire-p-t/

:sigh:

Wait he is doing facecams now?

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Cyron posted:

LordKat is a giant piece of poo poo, didn't he have a huge hatful rant about some woman from the escapist who did a few videos with Angry Joe at the time? I think this was before BETRAYER.

Also I found it kind of funny how people on CA were defending Lordkat even after the fact he insulted Diamanda Hagan's girlfriend with derogatory language.

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Annointed posted:

Also I found it kind of funny how people on CA were defending Lordkat even after the fact he insulted Diamanda Hagan's girlfriend with derogatory language.

I am a bit curious how you insult someone without being derogatory. Surely that's the point of an insult? Otherwise maybe don't insult people?

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

dreezy posted:

I am a bit curious how you insult someone without being derogatory. Surely that's the point of an insult? Otherwise maybe don't insult people?

I'm guessing he meant a slur of some kind. Though I hadn't heard this particular drama bit before.

oldman
Dec 15, 2003
grumpy

lornekates posted:

I like the videos; they've got the type of humor you'd expect from JonTron. I , too, wish they weren't so short.

But the thing that really makes me whaaaaaa... is-- well, did he actually build that entire, complex, functioning set, from scratch-- using materials and monies-- just to film a series of 1 minute non-reviews of 30 year old games no one has ever heard of?

whaaaa

I'm guessing that he got a nice chunk of change from Disney (owners of Maker studios) to budget for this stuff.

Its a bit funny that Angry Joe, despite his outbursts hurting others, hasn't really been affected. He still gets lots of interviews with devs, and gets flown out to Europe by Paradox and others.

stingtwo
Nov 16, 2012

Cyron posted:

Na, came out about the same week/month as him crying about not getting an interview with Notch

While his rant about Spoony and Angry Joe just proved how terrible a person LK really is to people, I'll say he wasn't wrong about the girl's show on the escapist, it was seriously the worst thing the escapist has ever put out.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

stingtwo posted:

While his rant about Spoony and Angry Joe just proved how terrible a person LK really is to people, I'll say he wasn't wrong about the girl's show on the escapist, it was seriously the worst thing the escapist has ever put out.

What was it?

Also, I just watched the video of Spoony yelling and the people walking behind him and Joe don't even turn around and look, so it's not like he was that loud.

WickedHate fucked around with this message at 08:41 on Jun 29, 2015

stingtwo
Nov 16, 2012
The show was top 5 with lisa foiles https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF0107B74E9FD80FB

poparena
Oct 31, 2012

Speaking of people tangentially effected by Angry Joe, Errant Signal put up a new video on the indie game Sunset. Twice.

The first time he put it up, he included a couple of seconds of a Let's Play of the game by Bro Team Pill, the same assclown who threw a DMCA notice at Angry Joe for associating him with Gamergate. The Sunset video wasn't up a half hour before BTP made a threat of DMCA notices on Twitter, which he claimed afterwards was just a joke, but considering BTP's behavior with Joe, Errant Signal still took down the video and reedited it.

Sometimes the internet feels like one long Tristram Shandy novel.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
The situation with Joe felt really understandable, but if they actually threatened to do that over a bit of LP footage than yeah, that's really lovely.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

dreezy posted:

I assume that insulting someone without being derogatory means not getting racist/sexist/homophobic.

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.

Robert Denby posted:

What's ironic is that when "Waterworld" was being pitched in the early 80s (right around when "Road Warrior" came out) it was planned to be a relatively low-to-mid-budget movie. Then the script kept changing hands over the course of a decade til Kevin Costner got it, then it became the $170 million+ behometh everyone knows it as.

I've got a book that claims that the script was given to Roger Corman in the 80s. He decided not to produce it - when asked why, he said that it would cost around five million to make, whwich was way too expensive. :ironicat:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

WickedHate posted:

The situation with Joe felt really understandable, but if they actually threatened to do that over a bit of LP footage than yeah, that's really lovely.

BroTeam seems to be someone who just likes pissing people off needlessly ('for the lulz' as they say) and while I did agree regarding the Angry Joe stuff, I kinda regret sticking up for him at this point.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

poparena posted:

Speaking of people tangentially effected by Angry Joe, Errant Signal put up a new video on the indie game Sunset. Twice.

The first time he put it up, he included a couple of seconds of a Let's Play of the game by Bro Team Pill, the same assclown who threw a DMCA notice at Angry Joe for associating him with Gamergate. The Sunset video wasn't up a half hour before BTP made a threat of DMCA notices on Twitter, which he claimed afterwards was just a joke, but considering BTP's behavior with Joe, Errant Signal still took down the video and reedited it.

Sometimes the internet feels like one long Tristram Shandy novel.

I would not think one could file a DMCA for LP footage. If I owned the rights to Sunset and they had actually filed it, I would have filled one against them as well. Only them though.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Kyle tackles Titus Andronicus

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Mad Lupine posted:

I would not think one could file a DMCA for LP footage. If I owned the rights to Sunset and they had actually filed it, I would have filled one against them as well. Only them though.

Your DMCA takedown doesn't actually need to be legitimate for YouTube to go through with it. It's just a lot faster for Joe to recut the video and reupload it than wait on YouTube to process his dispute; and in a situation like this, it's just better PR to not fight it.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Mad Lupine posted:

You can DMCA for anything because the law as written assumes a copy right violation until proven innocent. You cannot get it dismissed until the actual lawsuit stage because you're assumed to be guilty.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

The show wasn't any worse or better than any other Top 5/ Top 10 list show I've seen. Not sure why he took such an issue with it considering there are tons of them and regardless of quality they always seem to make decent viewing numbers.

Mad Lupine
Feb 18, 2011

all the things you said
running through my head

DStecks posted:

Your DMCA takedown doesn't actually need to be legitimate for YouTube to go through with it. It's just a lot faster for Joe to recut the video and reupload it than wait on YouTube to process his dispute; and in a situation like this, it's just better PR to not fight it.

I know. It's just with all the problems with LPs, especially with Nintendo, I would think they wouldn't want to poke the bear, so to speak. The Sunset devs must be indie for them to even think of pulling this off.

KKall
Oct 15, 2012

Asuron posted:

The show wasn't any worse or better than any other Top 5/ Top 10 list show I've seen. Not sure why he took such an issue with it considering there are tons of them and regardless of quality they always seem to make decent viewing numbers.

*cough* the host was a woman *cough*

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Mad Lupine posted:

I know. It's just with all the problems with LPs, especially with Nintendo, I would think they wouldn't want to poke the bear, so to speak. The Sunset devs must be indie for them to even think of pulling this off.
The show was pretty horrible, but not because of the host. (There are just very few top X things worth watching) It did kind of feel like pandering by The Escapist though, but what i've seen of her she wasn't the problem with it at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

I remember being fascinated by the VHS cover of the film when it came out. I was too young to watch it and the only thing "Titus" that I knew about was the TV show with Zack Ward but seeing the dour and muddied face of Hopkins gave me the impression that the movie was likely a weird dark comedy. Glad to see that my uninformed analysis was pretty much spot on to the real thing.

• Locked thread