Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Business Gorillas posted:

actually, its only good when you already own a bunch of stuff and can wipe the :smug: off of a netlister's face when you swap out your army with a direct counter

im pretty sure that's cheating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

This is all too convenient, GW abandoning WHFB and replacing it with this bizarre, pointless, none-ranked mass battle Age of Sigmar system, just as Kings of War 2 is preparing to be released. With minis that match the the Elohi and cavalry from the Basileans.

Shortly before that, the Space Marine codex introduced units of three for the Thunderfire cannon, the Jotun Hailstorm Cannon conveniently coming in discount three packs.

I think it's pretty clear now that Ronnie Renton has been playing the long game. All of this has been perpetrated by an infiltrator - Secret Agent Hewitt.

There's a Mantic moon rising :radcat:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Nebalebadingdong posted:

im pretty sure that's cheating

what am i going to do, break my army composition by doing it?

edit:

NTRabbit posted:

This is all too convenient, GW abandoning WHFB and replacing it with this bizarre, pointless, none-ranked mass battle Age of Sigmar system, just as Kings of War 2 is preparing to be released. With minis that match the the Elohi and cavalry from the Basileans.

Shortly before that, the Space Marine codex introduced units of three for the Thunderfire cannon, the Jotun Hailstorm Cannon conveniently coming in discount three packs.

I think it's pretty clear now that Ronnie Renton has been playing the long game. All of this has been perpetrated by an infiltrator - Secret Agent Hewitt.

There's a Mantic moon rising :radcat:
considering how hard mantic has been pissing into gw's wheaties i'm not surprised at all that a company known for suing the poo poo out of everybody is going to try their best to crush legit competition that's actively trolling them constantly

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
paging Gaylord to this thread

come in Gaylord

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
its written down numbnards

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?
are you gonna switch out your piece of paper too?

you piece of poo poo!!

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Moola posted:

paging Gaylord to this thread

come in Gaylord

Go ahead caller.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Nebalebadingdong posted:

I DONT NEED YOUR RULES FOR "WRITING STUFF DOWN" AND "ARMY LISTS", MAN. IF I WANTED TO CARE I WOULD USE POINT VALUES

*lights up huge joint and blows it in ur face*

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

considering how hard mantic has been pissing into gw's wheaties i'm not surprised at all that a company known for suing the poo poo out of everybody is going to try their best to crush legit competition that's actively trolling them constantly

Crushing them? Everything they've done is basically feeding Mantic more customers. Secret Agent Hewitt is James Hewitt, ex-community manager for Mantic who went to work on the GW rules team either late '13 or early '14.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:

Nebalebadingdong posted:

No, it's a deck of warscrolls depicting each unit in your warforce. You don't need to write things down, writing is for nerds.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

I DONT NEED YOUR RULES FOR "WRITING STUFF DOWN" AND "ARMY LISTS", MAN. IF I WANTED TO CARE I WOULD USE POINT VALUES

*lights up huge joint and blows it in ur face*

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

Pay to win? Heh. Kid, I paid to win this game long before you were even born...

*puts out e-cig on your chest, walks away*

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

NTRabbit posted:

Crushing them? Everything they've done is basically feeding Mantic more customers. Secret Agent Hewitt is James Hewitt, ex-community manager for Mantic who went to work on the GW rules team either late '13 or early '14.

i never said it was a good plan

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

serious gaylord posted:

Go ahead caller.

im scared

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Moola posted:

im scared

Would putting 40 Night goblins on a table against Archaon help you?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

You win the game if you wipe out all the opponents models or 75% of them

I was thinking you could easily ruin that system by bringing 400 lovely dudes, but then i realised you could just as legally bring 400 dragons

this is really loving stupid

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

actually, its only good when you already own a bunch of stuff and can wipe the :smug: off of a netlister's face when you swap out your army with a direct counter

You're just crappy at cheating! Just bring 40k worth of (by 8th edition standards) guys. No need for "alternative" lists.

"My goblin #342 moves 4 inches, goblin # 343 moves 3 inches, goblin...

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

serious gaylord posted:

Would putting 40 Night goblins on a table against Archaon help you?

no put shoving them up my pooper might

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

It actually encourages you to make 75% of your army disposable filler so the remaining 25% can go for the easy win. Welcome back, Vampire Counts supremacy!

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

nopantsjack posted:

You win the game if you wipe out all the opponents models or 75% of them

I was thinking you could easily ruin that system by bringing 400 lovely dudes, but then i realised you could just as legally bring 400 dragons

this is really loving stupid

400 Dragons is my new all-comer list, and also band name.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!

In hindsight, all of this probably should have been expected at this point.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

The worst part is the rules are literally 40k lite. It's still a giant dicefest with no interesting rules/mechanics.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Hi, I'm pretty dumb. What is to stop me just taking the most powerful units from each race and army?

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Skinty McEdger posted:

Hi, I'm pretty dumb. What is to stop me just taking the most powerful units from each race and army?

Uh obviously the superior game design and balancing GW is known for will ensure every unit you select with a WARSCROLL is equally capable

also the good units will cost more, so you'll need to pony up if you want to truly forge your own narrative

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!

Skinty McEdger posted:

If there is no points system there is nothing to stop you taking the best stuff from every army.

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I know GW's pretty drat stupid but goddamn AGE OF SIGMOR sounds like a new breed of terrible.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Skinty McEdger posted:

well, there's a lot less inertia from me spending half a hour deploying for me to say "lol gently caress you" and walk away from the game, for one

two, since writing down lists is for nerds and nothing matters, someone will look at your list and pull out a hard counter from their massive case they had to buy for old warhammer

third, i'm gonna kick you in the dick

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
All this talk of shoving things up asses has got me 'forging my own narrative' if you get my meaning.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Fart on your opponent's models to win.

AGE OF SIGMOR everybody.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Skinty McEdger posted:

Something in the full release/warscrolls, very probably maybe I guess?

You can have the answer to every question about age of sigmor by carving WARSCROLLS into your tender flesh.

We recommend the Citadel(tm) Modelling Knife.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
I felt a great disturbance in the internet. It was as if millions of plastic models cried out in terror, and were suddenly put onto ebay.

Doctor Borris
May 29, 2014

Sometimes Serious.
Sometimes Satirical.
Never Ever Sarcastic.
Ever.
Random posts

Doctor Borris posted:

EXCLUSIVE AGE OF SIGMAR SPOILERS FROM MY FRIEND WHO WORKS IN THE GERMAN WHITE DWARF FACTORY

Special Limited Edition Human Captain™! Its going to be available with the limited edition box set which comes with a special balanced warband Sigmarscroll™, the Warhost, that gives you free weapon and magic item upgrades to the entire warband if they have basically the stuff you already take. Limited quantities!

Heroic soldiers of the Emperor™!

The Super Soldiers of Sigmar. Chosen for heroism, then taken to the Realm of Sigmar at puberty, these soldiers burn with faith and devotion only matched by their magical armor and muscles twice that of an ordinary man!

Leaked picture of the new version of the Warpriests™ of Sigmar™

This is supposed to be an "Avatar Form™" if you collect enough "Purity Seal" boosts from combat. In the new edition your champions gain bonuses for doing the heroic objectives that just make the battles that much more epic and memorable!

Not sure what this is, some kind of Captain™.

Help find pictures of fantasy yourself with this helpful tag so people know what they're looking at!

adhuin posted:

I can't wait for the new Lizardmen armybook:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

President Ark posted:

I felt a great disturbance in the internet. It was as if millions of plastic models cried out in terror, and were suddenly put onto ebay.

sounds like whatever lame superpower this is is like 6 months slow

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
SIGMOR

more like

GAGMOR

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
if you don't take ALL my loving narrative and forge it loving HARD I'm going to slap your ham face again. that's right, take all this narrative deep and dirty, slobber on it, yeah bitch, yeah, this giant unbound narrative makes you feel good doesn't it? you know you like it

awww don't cry, I love you, buy more models

-GW

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

BULBASAUR posted:

if you don't take ALL my loving narrative and forge it loving HARD I'm going to slap your ham face again. that's right, take all this narrative deep and dirty, slobber on it, yeah bitch, yeah, this giant unbound narrative makes you feel good doesn't it? you know you like it

awww don't cry, I love you, buy more models

-GW

:captainpop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Just checking, anyone decided this is a good time to sell their Ankylosaurus yet? No? drat. :smith:

• Locked thread