Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Hy_C posted:

im not ur dad

Hey guys, stop poo poo posting.
Hy_C, read the thread more carefully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
Tryphena, PM me in game and I'll reinvite you. Everyone else, PM me or Clause and you'll get bumped up to top rank for cabal invite purposes. Let's get this PvP boat sailin'

E: Alternately - /chat join awful and say something in the channel. If any active member is playing you can get an invite that way.

Flavor Truck fucked around with this message at 07:53 on Jun 27, 2015

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
Dragon Cabal: Still Three Players, Or Was It Four, We Occasionally Had A Fourth, I Forget.

Issue 10+11 spoilers: I felt a bit disappointed at what was revealed. There was more than enough information in the game at launch to put together that the Filth was the Dreamers (outer dark horrors) reaching in, that the Morninglight wanted to release the Dreamers, and that the Orochi had been doublecrossed. Also, that the dreamers opposed Gaia and were contained by the Gaia Engines, and that the Gaia engines were failing. Even before Issue 8 (or whichever one had Lilith), you could surmise that at least one faction within Orochi was working against Samael, and that Samael was an angel. (Also, totally called it, he is the voice talking to you in the Orochi camps, I.E. the one in the NW of City of the Sun God.) I may have been more wowed if Tokyo had actually come out May 2013, OTOH I remember loads of people getting things wildly wrong from the same information :colbert:

I guess who the Nephilim are is still kind of unclear? AFAIK they're just survivors from the second Age with their own agenda. Eblis was just the one who stuck around in Hell, right?

Also, does anyone have the final Issue 11 mission report texts for Illuminati and Templar? I get the feeling that Dragon have a good thing going now, but I didn't catch anything from the non-Dragon perspectives.

LimitedReagent
Oct 5, 2008
I'm Tryphena in-game. Flavor Truck, I'll try to catch you the next time you're on. When do you think that'll be?

I've never done TSW PvP before. That'll be interesting.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Cheston posted:

Dragon Cabal: Still Three Players, Or Was It Four, We Occasionally Had A Fourth, I Forget.

Issue 10+11 spoilers: I felt a bit disappointed at what was revealed. There was more than enough information in the game at launch to put together that the Filth was the Dreamers (outer dark horrors) reaching in, that the Morninglight wanted to release the Dreamers, and that the Orochi had been doublecrossed. Also, that the dreamers opposed Gaia and were contained by the Gaia Engines, and that the Gaia engines were failing. Even before Issue 8 (or whichever one had Lilith), you could surmise that at least one faction within Orochi was working against Samael, and that Samael was an angel. (Also, totally called it, he is the voice talking to you in the Orochi camps, I.E. the one in the NW of City of the Sun God.) I may have been more wowed if Tokyo had actually come out May 2013, OTOH I remember loads of people getting things wildly wrong from the same information :colbert:

I guess who the Nephilim are is still kind of unclear? AFAIK they're just survivors from the second Age with their own agenda. Eblis was just the one who stuck around in Hell, right?

Also, does anyone have the final Issue 11 mission report texts for Illuminati and Templar? I get the feeling that Dragon have a good thing going now, but I didn't catch anything from the non-Dragon perspectives.

I was ducking around in the RDB's, is this the Dragon mission text?
There are two stories. This is the first story. There was once a magician, peddling illusions and chicanery on the road. No one knew how he performed his tricks, how he could vanish from one place, and materialise in another. They did not know his secret, that he was in fact a set of twins.

This is the second story. We once employed a talented killer we called Dragon's Tooth. Many came to dread the sight of her Noh mask and her hungry blade. If one were to look, one might determine that both the Templars and the Illuminati had identical assassins within their ranks.

One of these stories is true. Both are related.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

HughGRect posted:

I was ducking around in the RDB's, is this the Dragon mission text?
There are two stories. This is the first story. There was once a magician, peddling illusions and chicanery on the road. No one knew how he performed his tricks, how he could vanish from one place, and materialise in another. They did not know his secret, that he was in fact a set of twins.

This is the second story. We once employed a talented killer we called Dragon's Tooth. Many came to dread the sight of her Noh mask and her hungry blade. If one were to look, one might determine that both the Templars and the Illuminati had identical assassins within their ranks.

One of these stories is true. Both are related.

Nope, no idea where that's from.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
What type of build is good in PVP? I run pistol/blood that stacks the "no healing for you" weakness debuff

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Cheston posted:

Nope, no idea where that's from.

Has something to do with a character named Uta, the Rabbit Killer. I guess I just need to get back in the game and see whats up. Is Tokyo feature complete now, or is there another year worth of content going to be trickled out for it?

Edit: Here are the current and complete collections of post mission texts, not formatted for your viewing pleasure.
Dragon Mission Texts
Templar Mission Texts
The best mission Texts (Kirsten Geary)

Spoilers, maybe?

Variable Haircut fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jun 27, 2015

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

HughGRect posted:

Has something to do with a character named Uta, the Rabbit Killer. I guess I just need to get back in the game and see whats up. Is Tokyo feature complete now, or is there another year worth of content going to be trickled out for it?

Just play more Tokyo. You'll meet the rabbit killer soon enough and the cryptic bullshit will make a bit more sense.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

HughGRect posted:

Edit: Here are the current and complete collections of post mission texts, not formatted for your viewing pleasure.
Dragon Mission Texts
Templar Mission Texts
The best mission Texts (Kirsten Geary)

Spoilers, maybe?

Tokyo's all done now, except for the dungeon and lair that may or may not eventually exist. Thanks for the texts! They appear to have everything, though the final ones aren't the very last ones.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Exmond posted:

Hey guys, stop poo poo posting.
Hy_C, read the thread more carefully.

i did i tried http://everythingisgoon.enjin.com but it seems the site is inactive

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Anyone have tips for a blood/elemental build that can still do some decent self healing? I want to hit a bit harder in fights but so far I can only come up with glass cannon stuff which is making early areas a bit of a slog. I'm either choosing slow fights or a ton of downtime.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

poptart_fairy posted:

Anyone have tips for a blood/elemental build that can still do some decent self healing? I want to hit a bit harder in fights but so far I can only come up with glass cannon stuff which is making early areas a bit of a slog. I'm either choosing slow fights or a ton of downtime.

Last I checked most of the self-healing for non AR leech builds came from weapon agnostic passives. If you can grab turn the tables from the top green section (between AR and sword) and then some passives for healing when you penetrate, which I believe are mostly in sword and blood, you should be able to get some pretty decent self healing going on.

Also lick your wounds from fist is great unless they nerfed it.

God, now that I hit 60 in HW and finished the story I kinda want to reinstall this game and make a new character to play through the story again.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Well this game has given me another chest infection apparently, had such a severe asthma attack it nearly dried my lungs out :haw:, so it looks as if I'm spending another two weeks playing nothing else, hahaha.

And cheers for that. I like leech builds but using the AR just feels kinda clunky at the moment.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

http://wiki.crygaia.com/view/Heal_Over_Time#Passives_Modifying_Heal_Over_Time_Abilities

That's at least one list of the passives you can go for for self healing, to point you in somewhat the right direction, at least.

Blood has a lot of really great penetrate passives, and ele has good crit passives, but pene is better than crit since it's just one stat instead of two, so you're probably better off doing that. If you grab lick your wounds from fist, immortal spirit, circulation, and if you use impairs a lot then tipped scales, but once you hit beseiged farmlands you'll start running into mobs that ignore impairs so it's probably best to not get too invested in those anyway, you'll have a pretty good set of selfhealing passives to go with. There's another passive in fist that puts a dot on a target with every hit, but blood has its own dots so I doubt you'll really need to worry about that. If you find you don't have problems surviving then swap out the weaker passives for damage ones, and if you need more then sub more in. It's a nice way to adjust for what you need in a particular area without completely changing your character's build.

As for not-passives, expulsion is actually a pretty cool survivability elite you can get from blood, and turn the tables is probably one of the better self-heal abilities in the game just for GCD to healing done ratio. If they haven't changed it, having a +healing talisman, like a minor or something, gives you extra oomph on the passive healing effects you get, so it can help your survivability more than just slapping on a +health talisman.

Edit: Also, the stuff that modifies hots from fist is also good if you need more healing(empowerment, glimmer of hope, etc), but I believe most of them were nerfed to not count lick your wounds anymore. You might want to test that out or something.

LITERALLY MY FETISH fucked around with this message at 19:46 on Jun 29, 2015

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

poptart_fairy posted:

Well this game has given me another chest infection apparently, had such a severe asthma attack it nearly dried my lungs out :haw:, so it looks as if I'm spending another two weeks playing nothing else, hahaha.

And cheers for that. I like leech builds but using the AR just feels kinda clunky at the moment.

The AR feels weird. Like I haven't gone much past inner wheel on anyone, but the way I think an assault rifle should handle and the way it actually handles are miles different. Like, controlled bursts are logically the best way to control an automatic weapon, but the video game assault rifle is "meant" to be hosed across a room, filling the air with lead. It just seems weird that I get a higher rate of fire from my pistols than the actual automatic weapon.

For bonus cognitive dissonance, I have my pistols skinned as flintlocks. :v:

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

safety off and anima burst involve a certain amount of clunky, impaired movement that takes getting used to. keep working on it though, because the upsides are huge when properly utilized.

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
For what it's worth, if you're somewhere with significant lag (Australia, NZ), that'll slow some abilities down significantly because the game won't let you trigger a new ability until it's heard back from the server that the last one has completed. I seem to recall that Zepho and I found that Hip Shot was as efficient for DPS as Three-Round Burst if the lag was high, since it wasn't affected as badly.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Does anyone want to run some dungeons/pvp or do some nightmares on Saturday?

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Exmond posted:

Does anyone want to run some dungeons/pvp or do some nightmares on Saturday?

Possibly? Depends on the time frame

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Len posted:

Possibly? Depends on the time frame

Anytime after 1pm PST.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Agartha is making me uncomfortable.

:catstare:

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

Agartha is making me uncomfortable.
:catstare:

I could almost swear Len had found another in-game wedding.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Cheston posted:

I could almost swear Len had found another in-game wedding.

That was wonderful and you guys are jerks for making me leave.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Len posted:

That was wonderful and you guys are jerks for making me leave.

I didn't make you leave. I believe in community outreach programs like this.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

HughGRect posted:

I didn't make you leave. I believe in community outreach programs like this.

I'm still sad the pubbies didn't get my unicorn joke :negative:

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The AP boost kicks in after maintenance today, doesn't it?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

poptart_fairy posted:

The AP boost kicks in after maintenance today, doesn't it?

Ohh What AP boost??

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Exmond posted:

Ohh What AP boost??

Double AP and some other stuff until the 8th.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Confused about the Illuminati story at the end of Egypt. Why does The Board want you eliminated? There seemed to be quite a jump between "stop the world from getting destroyed" and "you die now for failing us".

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

poptart_fairy posted:

Confused about the Illuminati story at the end of Egypt. Why does The Board want you eliminated? There seemed to be quite a jump between "stop the world from getting destroyed" and "you die now for failing us".

Im trying to remember what happened in Egypt.. I know you stop Aten from becoming a god? Is this Black Sun / Red Sand mission?

Edit: Ohh you go to The ice caves? talk to some Dreaming people? Usually if you go to that place it means stuff is going down. Probably the illuminati just freaking out since you can do some bad things in that place.

Edit2: Ah reading the mission the illuminati is pissed that You talked directly to Orochi and also disrupted their operations. This will definitely not come to bite you in the rear end in issue 11

Exmond fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Jul 5, 2015

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

poptart_fairy posted:

You were told multiple times not to gently caress with Orochi or to interact directly with them, instructions you proceeded to ignore.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
Which isn't even something you actively need to do, the Orochi are like Team Rocket. They show up, they gently caress up and then they blast off. Only difference is they all die in the process.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
But all I took was a single scroll from a camp that was already over-run. :psyduck:

The Lumie are kinda sensitive, huh.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
They're essentially a corporate bureaucracy (yay I spelled that right on the first try :toot:) with more guns, you'll always have the anal types in high places that punish any infraction no matter how small or justified.

Which is one of the reasons I like the Dragon, their mission debriefs consist of either random philosophy, in-depth analysis of how what you just did will affect three other entirely different things, or the equivalent of "Huh. Well, it worked out."

Although my favorite debrief from them is essentially "Auto-reply: mission report not received, we're stress-testing the Illuminati network. Don't worry, not having this report from you may be the key to something later."

Plus the occasional hack-in by The Buzzing. :3: Although I suspect the other societies get cyber-bee intrusions as well.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Dareon posted:

Plus the occasional hack-in by The Buzzing. :3: Although I suspect the other societies get cyber-bee intrusions as well.

:haw:

General Maximus
Jul 14, 2006
Standard models come in white labcoats for inexplicable reasons.
Personally my favorite mission debriefs are the Illuminati ones where you get what looks like an automatic error message but the error code says something about Geary being on the warpath and/or at a party and now is not the time to remind her you exist.

Followed closely by the ones everyone gets (Though which missions give them varies) that are basically other factions blatantly trying to recruit you.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

The best is the End of Days lumi turn ins.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Dareon posted:

They're essentially a corporate bureaucracy (yay I spelled that right on the first try :toot:) with more guns, you'll always have the anal types in high places that punish any infraction no matter how small or justified.

Which is one of the reasons I like the Dragon, their mission debriefs consist of either random philosophy, in-depth analysis of how what you just did will affect three other entirely different things, or the equivalent of "Huh. Well, it worked out."

Although my favorite debrief from them is essentially "Auto-reply: mission report not received, we're stress-testing the Illuminati network. Don't worry, not having this report from you may be the key to something later."

Yeah every society has a few missions where you get mission end responses from either one of the other societies (I think it's the same one every time, rather than a mission specific thing), or from The Buzzing or another group of interest. Illuminati still have the best ones overall though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

What are some milestones I should make sure to hit re: QL and zones? I'm almost leveled up go L5 and halfway through savage coast. I just remember from launch it was real easy to under level yourself.

• Locked thread