Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
how are people playing yoshi, shits not out until october

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

I want to play Yoshi

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Dubious posted:

how are people playing yoshi, shits not out until october

In NA. It's out in Europe.

Eindyin
Mar 23, 2004

#1 Son
It's out in PAL-land! We had to wait months extra for Kirby so it's only fair :yoshi:

I haven't managed to 100% a single level yet, I suck

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Dr. Fetus posted:

In NA. It's out in Europe.

rude, Nintendo

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Yoshi's Wooly World is good and cute, with a relaxing soundtrack, and a decent difficulty balance, and although some of the collectibles can be annoying to get and they overuse hidden clouds to hide flowers, they are entirely optional much like in Yoshi's Island 1. I am only up to World 3 but it has been really enjoyable so far, and the collectibles are nowhere near as big a part of the game as people are making them out to be.

Vookatos
May 2, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I am only up to World 3 but it has been really enjoyable so far, and the collectibles are nowhere near as big a part of the game as people are making them out to be.

Starting with World 3 there will be more puzzle levels that aren't pure platforming (much like Island's cave levels) and levels that are more open. It's not a collectathon, but it's pretty clear that you're at least supposed to try to collect things, and quite a few levels will be insanely easy if you just breeze through them.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
I'm happy that the reviews seem to be positive regarding Yoshi. I'm excited to play it even more so now.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Vookatos posted:

Starting with World 3 there will be more puzzle levels that aren't pure platforming (much like Island's cave levels) and levels that are more open. It's not a collectathon, but it's pretty clear that you're at least supposed to try to collect things, and quite a few levels will be insanely easy if you just breeze through them.

I meant more like that the collectibles aren't necessary for progress. Of course you're encouraged to collect them (you get cute new yoshi's out of them :3:), but if you don't want to or if you miss one you won't be penalised. You can beat the game without collecting anything and the only thing you will miss out on are an extra level in each world and some skins.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Groupon has Wii Fit U with the balance board and fit meter for $35:
https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-wii-fit-u-with-balance-board-and-fit-meter-2

Sonic Lost World (Wii U or 3DS) - $16.99
https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-sonic-lost-world-for-wii-u-or-3ds-5

Mario & Sonic Sochi 2014: - $17.99
https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-mario-and-sonic-at-the-olympic-winter-games-sochi-2014-on-wii-u

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

I think I'm up to the fourth world in Yoshi's Woolly World, and I'm loving it, I'm really glad they finally made a sequel that lives up to the SNES original. I've always been a super fan of the Yoshi's Island, half the people on my ignore list are there because they said they don't like the game.
I'm avoiding rushing through the game, most of my progress has been co-op with a variety of people, and everyone loves the art style, especially if they're familiar with knitting.

I have noticed the framerate gets a little choppy at times, usually when a lot of gems are spawned in at once- but nothing that has ruined my fun or anything.

I'm not sure if anyone will care about this, but your aerial momentum in Woolly World drops off as soon as you let go of the dpad. In Yoshi's Island you would retain your momentum in the air and you could tap inputs to make small adjustments to your speed, I know this is something they didn't carry into Yoshi's Story either, but I think it's the only thing I would change.

edit-
oh and you can hit the piranha plant boss with a ball of wool before he gets transformed, but you still have to fight him

.TakaM fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jun 29, 2015

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Groupon has Wii Fit U with the balance board and fit meter for $35:
https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-wii-fit-u-with-balance-board-and-fit-meter-2

Bought, and thank you

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I thought all the cute had been used up by Kirby, but Yoshi is just as cute. We should change the thread title back to cute games for cute gamers.

Yoshi Woolly World is really fun to play in CO-OP with the misses, it's so relaxing.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
Man who would buy Wooly World, take it home, play through the whole thing in 6 hours and then complain about it? It's all about the details man, is life just a big messy blur? Could you see how drat cute that game is, or Kirby, it's yarn and clay man. Not gears of war.

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I beat Bopopolis.

It was hard but rewarding.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Dubious posted:

rude, Nintendo

EU gets hosed over regularly enough that i dont mind it every once in awhile

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

Yoshi Wooly World is easily the best looking game on Wii U so far.

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...

Chieves posted:

I beat Bopopolis.

It was hard but rewarding.

I always see people in this thread talk about how hard Bopopolis is, but I had no trouble with that one compared to the next one and the one in the water world. Jeez those were frustrating for me.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Here's the video of a sixty-plus year old man totally freaking out at the Jim Henson production company. His reactions are probably akin to what most people would do if they were allowed inside Nintendo HQ themselves. :unsmith:

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Here's the video of a sixty-plus year old man totally freaking out at the Jim Henson production company. His reactions are probably akin to what most people would do if they were allowed inside Nintendo HQ themselves. :unsmith:

Hahaha Miyamoto doing Charlie Chaplin's walk

edit: What must it be like to be this kind of person:

quote:

PlayerEssence 47 minutes ago
This is great and all Nintendo.... but to bring this muppet stuff to E3? I don't know.... would have been better off at a Nintendo Direct or something.

quote:

PlayerEssence 40 minutes ago
+AJ34 But Robot Chicken is actually funny. And featured multiple Nintendo characters. And had tons of jokes with Reggie and stuff. This was just awkward.

Macaluso fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jun 30, 2015

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Heh, Farscape cameo.

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Video's great, music sucks

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Viewtiful Jew posted:

Miyamoto is the best.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

hello if you're like me and have a terrible memory you should check if you forgot to spend some club nintendo coins because they will be gone tomorrow i think

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Heh, Farscape cameo.

I got very excited seeing Rygel.

Afro
May 29, 2007

Mother Earth is pregnant for the third time
For y'all have knocked her up
I have tasted the maggots in the mind of the universe
I was not offended
For I knew I had to rise above it all
Or drown in my own shit

Fawf posted:

Video's great, music sucks

gently caress you NSMBU owns

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

What's the best way to spend my last 250 club nintendo coins? Currently thinking either Super Metroid or Link's Awakening DX.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Tender Bender posted:

What's the best way to spend my last 250 club nintendo coins? Currently thinking either Super Metroid or Link's Awakening DX.

Both are great but go Super Metroid since it costs more and buy LA.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

What's the best thing I can get for 5 coins?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i also have 5 coins left. i am donating them to wario

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Wario 2016

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Macaluso posted:

edit: What must it be like to be this kind of person:

Truly this person is the son of satan

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
:siren: Captain Toad Lamps are up on the Aussie Club Nintendo :siren:. It costs 4,000 stars, so I hope you've been saving them :v:.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

how likely are they to put f-zero x or starfox 64 on the wii u eshop in the future. im sitting on 360 coins here and theres nothing left on here that i want that i dont already have but if i could eventually use these codes to get one of those games for cheap thatd be alright

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

sharrrk posted:

how likely are they to put f-zero x or starfox 64 on the wii u eshop in the future. im sitting on 360 coins here and theres nothing left on here that i want that i dont already have but if i could eventually use these codes to get one of those games for cheap thatd be alright

The PAL eShop added Kirby 64 last Friday, so they're definitely still adding more N64 titles.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

sharrrk posted:

you could be a good friend, and get earthbound for me :)

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

you arent my friend

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
no, but you could be one :)

i kid

mostly

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

ok here you go: 3137-7080-2932-7133

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

200 coins. Super Mario World or Super Metroid?
(Or F-Zero X on vWii I guess, isn't that the one that famous rage-filled rant was written about?)

• Locked thread