Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Barometer posted:

Taylor Swift is pretty awesome.

Nope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

I'm gonna need a link to buy this.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Hell, goons in gbs defend k-pop. I should've known there would be Taylor Swift fans.

I blame the Disney channel.

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away
So what's everyone opinion on circumcision?

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Nastyman posted:

So what's everyone opinion on circumcision?

Tip the mohel 5%, 8% if the service was extra-ordinary

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

FadedReality posted:

I listen to drone doom, no wave, and musique concrete. All on original vinyl OF COURSE.

Heh, I used to be into those too, but they're just too mainstream for me. I wasn't sad when Drowned Fossil Cat Nostep sold out, the loving posers

CharlieWhiskey
Aug 18, 2005

everything, all the time

this is the world

Choco1980 posted:

I think someone else needs to be paying attention during this presentation if they think the strap on goes on the knees.

You can get a strap for the knee, thigh, face, and other places. Try to think of it is a dilDO, not a dilDON'T.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Oh I am so going to hell for laughing like a drain again at that old photo.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Weird Al has finally made it.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
'Fellow parody performers WBC'?!

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒

God H8s LUKEWARM CHRISTIANS!

Christ was all about denouncing, and dividing, and shaming and screaming and ranting and lunancy! And don't even get me started on those opportunistic money-grubbing mohels who want not only a higher minimum wage for their skin-snipping bullshit jobs, but now TIPS on top of it all? OUR REAL HEROES

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Looks like a Polaroid you'd find in the back of a van with tinted windows.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

FadedReality posted:

I listen to drone doom, no wave, and musique concrete. All on original vinyl OF COURSE.

Now the pop-loving goons and the experimental music-loving goons can meet in the middle and enioy the wonderful sounds of tweencore!

No really, it's actually a goddamned good mixtape.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

captainOrbital posted:

God H8s LUKEWARM CHRISTIANS!

Christ was all about denouncing, and dividing, and shaming and screaming and ranting and lunancy! And don't even get me started on those opportunistic money-grubbing mohels who want not only a higher minimum wage for their skin-snipping bullshit jobs, but now TIPS on top of it all? OUR REAL HEROES
It's an allusion to Revelation, surprise surprise. At least it's not Leviticus.

quote:

14“To the angel of the church in Laodicea write:

These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God’s creation. 15I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! 16So, because you are lukewarm—neither hot nor cold—I am about to spit you out of my mouth. 17You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked. 18I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see.

19Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. 20Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

21To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne. 22Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”

Even in context, it strikes me as more than a little ambiguous.

CoolCat
Jun 29, 2015

beato posted:

Ditto...

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
i have the link to buy the bird flippin cat rug but im not posting it

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer

cyberia posted:

Now the pop-loving goons and the experimental music-loving goons can meet in the middle and enioy the wonderful sounds of tweencore!

this is bad and you should feel bad

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

BANME.sh posted:

this is bad and you should feel bad

No actually, it's cool and good. Sorry for your bad taste, I guess.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
:(

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

thespaceinvader posted:

'Fellow parody performers WBC'?!

Phoneposting, so no links, but you can listen to their parodies on their website. They are mostly about fags going to hell, unsurprisingly.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

cyberia posted:

Whoever made this must be the most annoying person in the entire world.

"sickboy milkplus," smdh

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo
I think everyone throwing shade at T-Swift just haven't given her music a chance. Seriously. Load up a couple of her albums on Spotify and give them a listen and then see what you haters think.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Chard posted:

Tip the mohel 5%, 8% if the service was extra-ordinary
I didn't think they needed any more tips.

FadedReality
Sep 5, 2007

Okurrrr?

The Nards Pan posted:

I think everyone throwing shade at T-Swift just haven't given her music a chance. Seriously. Load up a couple of her albums on Spotify and give them a listen and then see what you haters think.

For real if you listen to something like Blank Space and don't like it at least a little you are broken on the inside. trap sprung rip my music cred

Aerofallosov
Oct 3, 2007

Friend to Fishes. Just keep swimming.
I imagine part of it is it's cool to hate whatever teenage girls like.

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

mr. mephistopheles
Dec 2, 2009

beato posted:

http://www.ripndipclothing.com/products/lord-nermal-go-away-rug

You're welcome.

FadedReality posted:

For real if you listen to something like Blank Space and don't like it at least a little you are broken on the inside. trap sprung rip my music cred

1989 is almost a perfect album except there's Welcome to New York just sitting there fillering it the gently caress up.

Aerofallosov posted:

Maybe if you are a teenage boy. Lol at adults who still base their identities around what media they consume.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Aerofallosov posted:

Pretty much. I never heard a Justin Bieber song that I liked, but holy cow did people go overboard on the hate. Kid was only like 14 or something when he got big, and just got hit with a huge wall of hate and vitriol right from when he got famous. I doubt it was anything intensely personal about the guy, most of the people probably only heard a couple clips of his songs. Of course he went on to do skeevy things, but it was way before any of that stuff came out.

People are just mad that teenage girls aren't listening to "real" music, whatever that means to the person gettin' mad over pop music. And Taylor Swift's latest stuff has been pretty drat good.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

Hirayuki posted:

I didn't think they needed any more tips.

:golfclap:

Can we all agree that Taylor Swift is better than Skrillex?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Smelly posted:

:golfclap:

Bangerang

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Smelly posted:

This goon trend of sucking up to the Pop Music Prom Queen is getting weird.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Zamboni_Rodeo posted:

Weird Al has finally made it.

That line about his parents... this doesn't belong in the Funny Pictures thread.

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
Weird Al is a Christian and waited until he was married to have sex. Listen to his You Made It Weird interview.

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

BrianBoitano posted:

That line about his parents... this doesn't belong in the Funny Pictures thread.

too soon? :gas:

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic

mind the walrus posted:

Not so much sucking up as hating him.

I feel like a grandfather shouting about how kids these days just listen to noise. :corsair:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

I know fuckall about Tennis, but drat if this didn't have me guffawing.

mind the walrus posted:

Hey man, she got the legs and she's in my age range.

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
I also never got the hate for Justin Bieber from adults. He was a child singing music for adolescents, good for him for being successful.

Taylor Swift is actually really talented, but I personally don't identify with her music. It's very chipper and often about 20-something relationships, which isn't my type of thing. It's possible to not personally like something and still recognize it as good.

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

It's possible to not personally like something and still recognize it as good.

Not liking Taylor Swift and recognizing things as being 'good' not necessarily being something you relate to are still not necessarily mutually inclusive.

Perhaps if you liken Taylor Swift to Christina Aguilera or Britney Spears (if that is your generation) you will see this better demonstrated.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

Taylor Swift is actually really talented[/timg]
Nope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

A good dad. :3:

• Locked thread