Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

Sweet sunglasses, Steel!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, those are exactly what I was thinking of.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

fatherboxx posted:

Who is Equinox?

Check this out. Her/JLUnited's invention is pretty sweet :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kiqc7qBmNJs
e: The character bit starts at 4:50.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 21:46 on May 27, 2015

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I never saw this thread until the other day, but one of my favorite aspects of superhero comics is definitely the costumes. Would anyone be interested in seeing some of my own re-designs? I have noticed that a lot of my random sketches over the years have ended up being somewhat prescient/ahead-of-the-curve. Mostly Marvel, but some DC as well.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Chill Penguin posted:

I never saw this thread until the other day, but one of my favorite aspects of superhero comics is definitely the costumes. Would anyone be interested in seeing some of my own re-designs? I have noticed that a lot of my random sketches over the years have ended up being somewhat prescient/ahead-of-the-curve. Mostly Marvel, but some DC as well.

Go for it.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Please do!

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Chill Penguin posted:

Yes.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Gaz-L posted:

I hate that I can even bring this up, but honestly, as beautifully terribad as that line is, it's not the funniest part of the story it's from, so I feel it's kind of stealing the spotlight.

It's not that we don't think the rest is bad, it's just that the line in question sums up the context of the book so well. Sort of like how "I need you to pee the blood out of my eyes," sums up the 9 volumes of pain that is Wounded Man, which I bought because it was 9 volumes for $20 and written by the guy who did Lone Wolf and Cub.

Also, never look up Wounded Man, it is something not meant for the sane man.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I really like Franklin and Valeria Richards' 5 and 6 costumes. Its a fun way to give them their own thing.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

I really like Franklin and Valeria Richards' 5 and 6 costumes. Its a fun way to give them their own thing.

That was actually a general Future Foundation thing. All the kids got numbers above 4 (which were reserved for Ben/Reed/Sue/Johnny/Peter)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Bentley was very happy to be lucky number 13.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

The surprise internal suit for Robobat Jim Gordon from today's Batman #41

Spoilered since it's today's issue and hadn't been publicized.

and since we're Batmanning, here's the new Earth 2 one, from Earth 2 Society, which starts today (though this was from the Sneak Peek.)

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Re: that spoiler: Any Jim Gordon sans mustache is the wrong Jim Gordon

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Oh, it's a zero batsuit. Neat.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Teenage Fansub posted:

and since we're Batmanning, here's the new Earth 2 one, from Earth 2 Society, which starts today (though this was from the Sneak Peek.)

I am a huge fan of this costume, but the two covers for Earth 2: Society really demonstrate how badly an artist can gently caress this up:

Inside the comic it's this really unique cape/coat hybrid with this big collar and sleeves that just billow out everywhere but on the cover it's just a :effort: black trenchcoat. The nosepiece thing is also pretty badly done on this one too.

Here's Dick on the other cover:

So much more stylin. Love the bat nose. The colors say "Classic Nightwing" and the coat says "Detective". I'm reading Earth 2: Society pretty much solely based on the strength of this costume design.

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.
The cowl also says "hey there could be a mustache here, you don't know."

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

SirDan3k posted:

The cowl also says "hey there could be a mustache here, you don't know."

See, if only Capullo had thought of this Commissioner Gordon wouldn't have had to shave his!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hahaha, Jim Gordon got super shredded, huh? He looks like he has Nightwing's body.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

Hahaha, Jim Gordon got super shredded, huh? He looks like he has Nightwing's body.

Well, he's an ex-Marine, so it's not exactly shocking that he could get in good shape to be the new Bat.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Codependent Poster posted:

It seems like this arc might split it's time with buff Jim Batmanning and good ol' Jim of three months ago going "You want me to what?" This first issue was really fun.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Teenage Fansub posted:

It seems like this arc might split it's time with buff Jim Batmanning and good ol' Jim of three months ago going "You want me to what?" This first issue was really fun.

I need that Zur-En-Arrh variant to be used at some point. I don't care if it makes any sense or not, I need to see Gordon running around in that.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Backup protocol when the armors computer is compromised. There's an armored Batmite only it can see.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Die Laughing posted:

Backup protocol when the armors computer is compromised. There's an armored Batmite only it can see.

No lie, if the RoboBat Armor has an onboard AI or AI-esque assistant program that appears on the suit's HUD as a Bat-Mite version of Clippy I will be sold.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Dexie posted:

I need that Zur-En-Arrh variant to be used at some point. I don't care if it makes any sense or not, I need to see Gordon running around in that.

Obviously that loadout lets Samus Jim jump freely in water.

Sockser fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jun 11, 2015

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

hiddenriverninja posted:

Re: that spoiler: Any Jim Gordon sans mustache is the wrong Jim Gordon

Re that spoiler stupid sexy Gordon.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Livewire redesigns by Babs Tarr for Batgirl

The original Timm design is great, but it never worked outside of the flat cartoon style, so the costume change was long overdue.

Mohawk feels like a tribute to punk Storm

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

fatherboxx posted:

They kept the unneccessary boob window-though it's still better than #2, which is straight up a costume for an exhibitionist (though they all are, really).

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

fatherboxx posted:

The original Timm design is great, but it never worked outside of the flat cartoon style, so the costume change was long overdue.

That's a pretty sensible redesign. It's just a less blue and spandexy version of the original look. Maybe I won't confuse her with Killer Frost so often, now.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Honestly, the lightning bolt spike heels are my favourite part.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

fatherboxx posted:

Why does seemingly every DC character sport an undercut these days?

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Alhazred posted:

It's been a really hot summer this year.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Alhazred posted:

I been counting down to the first DC manbun.. since that Buzzfeed article dropped I've noticed 300% more dudes doing their hair up in the city

A Tin Of Beans
Nov 25, 2013

net cafe scandal posted:

I been counting down to the first DC manbun.. since that Buzzfeed article dropped I've noticed 300% more dudes doing their hair up in the city

Marvel should beat them to the punch and throw that hairstyle on Bucky Barnes. After getting him out of that dumbass space book, anyway. :colbert:

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Holy poo poo, Quicksilver :stonk:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

fatherboxx posted:

Those are three really bad costumes.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I think there's a problem with my vcr. There's only Fast Forward, Record and a button with a skull on it.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

SynthOrange posted:

I think there's a problem with my vcr. There's only Fast Forward, Record and a button with a skull on it.

What happens when you push the skull button

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

fatherboxx posted:

Skull Dude just wants to know what Spidey is always swinging from, just off panel.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

fatherboxx posted:

Katana, get back in DC!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirDan3k
Jan 6, 2001

Trust me, you are taking this a lot more seriously then I am.

Crowetron posted:

Skull Dude just wants to know what Spidey is always swinging from, just off panel.

That's Brother Voodoo MD and he is simply as surprised he still exists as I am.

The eighties called Marvel even they think Brother Voodoo may be irredeemably racist.

• Locked thread