Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brony Hunter
Dec 27, 2012

Motherfucking Mannis

They'll bend the knee or I'll destroy them
Aww man, what if one of them is voicing Jaco? He's never had a dub voice before, has he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pretty sure he does in the Xenoverse dlc.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

New Leaf posted:

Yamcha isn't in Resurrection of F, so...

What's the deal with him anyway? He could have shown up to fight some of the random mooks at least. What a loving pansy.

Not his fault. Tenshinhan literally tells him to not get in the fight because it's too dangerous. A fight Roshi is in.

In reality Toriyama just does not like Yamcha, but that's the in-story explanation. It's stupid.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Blaze Dragon posted:

Not his fault. Tenshinhan literally tells him to not get in the fight because it's too dangerous. A fight Roshi is in.

In reality Toriyama just does not like Yamcha, but that's the in-story explanation. It's stupid.

It's only stupid if you care about Yamcha or thing he is good and/or cool.

So for correct people it's basically what we wanted.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Blaze Dragon posted:

"Looking good, Tien!"

"Looking good, Yamcha!"

They're best buddies.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

It's only stupid if you care about Yamcha or thing he is good and/or cool.

So for correct people it's basically what we wanted.

This is really it. yamucha sucks and always has, whereas Roshi was an awesome badass for a good ~halfish of the comic. More Roshi.... and more Bulma too in Super, please, while we're at it. Though Bulma was never really phased out in the same way other characters were. I mean, she wasn't really in the Buu arc much, but she's taken arcs out before.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Brony Hunter posted:

Aww man, what if one of them is voicing Jaco? He's never had a dub voice before, has he?

I am now hoping that this is the case.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Oh god I love the newest DBM.

Veggies like "poo poo man, I remember when I was on the other side of this exchange! Fighting giant apes is FUN!"

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

Thyrork posted:

Oh god I love the newest DBM.

Veggies like "poo poo man, I remember when I was on the other side of this exchange! Fighting giant apes is FUN!"

Obviously he's been playing Xenoverse recently. Best way to level grind!

Professor Wayne posted:

Pretty sure he does in the Xenoverse dlc.

Indeed he does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVzISSpSsSc

StrifeHira fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jun 29, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Todd Haberkorn is the perfect voice for Jaco, oh my god.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

What is the deal with fat beerus, someone clue me in

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

HGH posted:

Piccolo blew up the moon during the Saiyan saga, and Roshi did it even before that though!
Ok so the moon's not planet sized but still.

Arale threw a loving boulder and destroyed it, that's way more impressive.

Where the hell is Dr. Slump Super goddamnit.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Parrotine posted:

He's Fat and Beerus

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

No god drat kidding.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

It sort of already happened? There was a remake. It even had its own unique crossover with DB thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOC0aXMzsOE

Squall
Mar 10, 2010

"...whatever."

Parrotine posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Of8kY_IbYq4

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!

Parrotine posted:

Actual answer: Probably another god of destruction, since even Battle of Gods (IIRC anyway) established Beerus wasn't merely the only one of his kind. And whilst its looking to be that BoG itself won't be a part of Super, the same general notion is implied.

Honestly, my curiosity is more on the Whis counterpart. Does it mean like, every god of destruction is just given their own personal attendant/trainer as part of the job?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

No she's God. Just like Whis. All the blue skinned people are god besides bojack.

Esroc
May 31, 2010

Goku would be ashamed of you.

Stairmaster posted:

No she's God. Just like Whis. All the blue skinned people are god besides bojack.

Toriyama is literally God in the DB Universe, he's confirmed it himself in interviews (jokingly, of course). His physical form when visiting Dragonworld is that of Tori-Bot, who can be seen in the background throughout Toriyama's works and on rare occasions interacting with the cast.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Whis confirmed what he is in Revival of F. When it was learned that he had time manipulation, they asked what he was, and he replied that he's Whis.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
I feel like there's basically a zero percent chance that Super doesn't involve alternate dimensions. I wouldn't even be surprised if the first maybe quarter isn't a different universe than we've followed that ends up meeting up with the main one for Double Goku.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

At last we can get the all-important answer to "what happens if Goku does the fusion dance with Goku."

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

I feel like there's basically a zero percent chance that Super doesn't involve alternate dimensions. I wouldn't even be surprised if the first maybe quarter isn't a different universe than we've followed that ends up meeting up with the main one for Double Goku.

Would that be Chi-Chi's dream or Chi-Chi's nightmare?

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

ImpAtom posted:

At last we can get the all-important answer to "what happens if Goku does the fusion dance with Goku."

If Trunks and Trunks fuse, you get Trunks.

I'm assuming Goku can't be much different.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

New Leaf posted:

If Trunks and Trunks fuse, you get Trunks.

I'm assuming Goku can't be much different.

I assume this is from something? A Tenkaichi game What-If or something?

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Darko posted:

Whis confirmed what he is in Revival of F. When it was learned that he had time manipulation, they asked what he was, and he replied that he's Whis.

Hmmm...

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Covok posted:

Would that be Chi-Chi's dream or Chi-Chi's nightmare?

Well when Chi-Chi and Chi-Chi fuse Chi-Chi-Chi-Chi will be a perfect match for Double Goku.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I assume this is from something? A Tenkaichi game What-If or something?

I honestly don't know, I saw it on Reddit a while back and liked it, so I post it whenever double fusion comes up.

Kithkar
Apr 23, 2011

I'm gonna RENOVATE your ass!
I would unironically support having two goku fuse via portara fusion permanently into and even stronger Goku for the sake of needing another powerboost.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I support it too, but only if the universe in question is opposite-verse and Piccolo is the demon that sent baby Krillin to planet Vegeta to conquer it, with Bardock raising him alongside his son Goku and best friend Vegeta to become the planet's protectors and Krillin has to eventually attain super-human power to avenge Goku's death on final form Piccolo. Radditz, Nappa and at least one female Saijan should all be around too - just so we can see all three go SSJ for the sake of it. They can all fuse with their counterparts, the villains included so that the power levels even out a bit, they all get super-race power ups and suddenly everyone can be relevant in the production team wants.

I want to see Vegeta meeting a version of him that is friendly and well adjusted and getting super nettled at him.

greatBigJerk
Sep 6, 2010

My final form.

Parrotine posted:

He's Champa, another god like Beerus. Basically Beerus' name is based on beer, and Champa is based on Champagne. Whis could also be considered a play on Whiskey, also explains why he's stronger than Beerus :P. I look forward to the big battle against Moonshine and 151.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

greatBigJerk posted:

He's Champa, another god like Beerus. Basically Beerus' name is based on beer, and Champa is based on Champagne. Whis could also be considered a play on Whiskey, also explains why he's stronger than Beerus :P. I look forward to the big battle against Moonshine and 151.

Beerus was named after Virus originally but Toriyama didn't know and created Whis and made it so Battle of Gods wasn't a trainwreck. Originally they wanted him to be the amalgamation of the Saiyan's Evilness and the cause of it.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Kild posted:

Beerus was named after Virus originally but Toriyama didn't know and created Whis and made it so Battle of Gods wasn't a trainwreck. Originally they wanted him to be the amalgamation of the Saiyan's Evilness and the cause of it.

poo poo, that sounds bland as hell. I mean, "God of Destruction" is not exactly very original either, but Beerus personality completely made up for it.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ImpAtom posted:

You get DBZA Goku

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous

greatBigJerk posted:

but Champagne is stronger than beer :ohdear:

Repster
Nov 29, 2014

sharktamer posted:

but Champagne is stronger than beer :ohdear:

Naturally fermented beer can reach the high 20s. Champagne can easily be in the low teens... So it's not that cut and dry as Beer < Champagne

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Kild posted:

They made a character that was supposed to be an evil virus and Toriyama just decided it was a beer pun instead.

Toriyama is a good man.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Fat Beerus is stronger than vanilla Beerus? Wat :stare:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Parrotine posted:

Fat Beerus is stronger than vanilla Beerus? Wat :stare:

We have no proof nor reason to believe this. Beerus said that SOME of the Gods of Destruction are stronger than him, which implies that there's also some that are weaker or equal to him.

The previous posts merely discussed how beer measures up to champagne, reaching a conclusion that it can go either way.

Just wait until Vodka appears and kills everyone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I want to see absinthe

• Locked thread