Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Caerulius
Jun 23, 2007

This was a waste of $5.

lmaoboy1998 posted:

Putting aside the fact that people share rooms in contexts other than college, if someone at college says "He's my roommate", how do you know whether they share an apartment or a room? Not so clever now are you.

I specified college dormitory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

And the other half of that Nixon tandem was HR "Bob" Haldeman, so it works for both ends of his name.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

Don't forget Hitler's contributions to medicine.

OK we are being trolled.

Wasn't there a magical time when the media asked us to believe Cruz had a legitimate shot at the White House because of all the Hispanic support he would be able to get?

Three Olives fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jun 30, 2015

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

lmaoboy1998 posted:

Putting aside the fact that people share rooms in contexts other than college, if someone at college says "He's my roommate", how do you know whether they share an apartment or a room? Not so clever now are you.

Context. Alternatively, you could be a weirdo and ask, or who gives a poo poo.

Donald Trump's presidential bid surely must be our divine punishment (or reward?) for letting the gays do their thing, right? The threat of apocalyptic doom he represents is like an unequipped but eager arsonist always loitering outside your house.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I just don't understand how so many loving people could actually believe they have a chance at being the republican nominee. How do people hopping onto this clown car at this point think "yes. It WILL be me."

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Mordiceius posted:

I just don't understand how so many loving people could actually believe they have a chance at being the republican nominee. How do people hopping onto this clown car at this point think "yes. It WILL be me."

Who is first to drop out?

Lindsey

Feather
Mar 1, 2003
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.

bobtheconqueror posted:

Context. Alternatively, you could be a weirdo and ask, or who gives a poo poo.

Donald Trump's presidential bid surely must be our divine punishment (or reward?) for letting the gays do their thing, right? The threat of apocalyptic doom he represents is like an unequipped but eager arsonist always loitering outside your house.

I refuse to believe Donald Trump is an actual human being. He hasn't produced his birth certificate after all, so we can't be sure he's a citizen. Are we just supposed to trust he's also not an elaborate hoax by an alien intelligence? I think not. :smugdog:

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
I think he's a pile of waste from one of his slumlord dad's buildings that somehow gained sentience.

Edit: Or a Wharton experiment gone horribly wrong.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Mordiceius posted:

I mean, if you told me ten years ago our President would be a black guy named "Barack Hussein Obama"....

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I missed this the other day but this is just the most dearest thing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8fT7Np6PFao

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"
"It's My Life" by Bon Jovi playing before a speaker at the Christie announcement! Is this his campaign theme? Has he betrayed Bruce?

THE MAN HIMSELF walking onstage to "Born To Follow". I guess Bon Jovi is the one.

William Bear fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Jun 30, 2015

bpower
Feb 19, 2011

mlmp08 posted:

Dark Papal Magicks have weakened the queen's influence to the west.

Trump has Google, so get some class and shut up.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/615674101110337536

Holy gently caress, googling crimes by nonwhites. that's literally what the Charleston murderer claims to have started him on his path.
Trump is a sinister motherfucker.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

Christie on stage, speaking now. Thanking the high school friend who introduced him. He says he can't explain why, but her teenage nickname was "The Juice".

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

William Bear posted:

"It's My Life" by Bon Jovi playing before a speaker at the Christie announcement! Is this his campaign theme? Has he betrayed Bruce?

THE MAN HIMSELF walking onstage to "Born To Follow". I guess Bon Jovi is the one.

There was an article a while back about how some candidate was really into Bon Jovi and I think it was Christie.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

William Bear posted:

Christie on stage, speaking now. Thanking the high school friend who introduced him. He says he can't explain why, but her teenage nickname was "The Juice".

This is like a bad Tony Danza movie.

OneTwentySix
Nov 5, 2007

fun
FUN
FUN

So, like a Tony Danza movie?

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

This Christie announcement is just him talking about how great his parents and grandparents were. Boring. I hope we get at least one spectacular threat out of him directed towards ISIS/unions before it's over.

Improper Umlaut
Jun 8, 2009

William Bear posted:

This Christie announcement is just him talking about how great his parents and grandparents were. Boring. I hope we get at least one spectacular threat out of him directed towards ISIS/unions before it's over.

Will you take a backhanded reference to weak global leadership?

Improper Umlaut
Jun 8, 2009

Christie 2016: Beating a dead horse back into the barn.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Young Orc

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Lindsey

Nope, he's going to exist until Rand Paul drops out. His current life goal is to shut that guy down.

Beforehand
Oct 14, 2012
It should be a real joy to see a commercial that's Vine-length of Christie saying "Barack Obama lives in his own little world." followed by the hug picture, over and over and over and over.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Chris Christie "I won't take any of my political advisers advice!!!" Man if I worked for Christie I would just quit right there

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

William Bear posted:

Holy poo poo :stare:

I can't imagine what his staff thought when that came out of his mouth. "Great, a week of 'The Juice is Loose' jokes".

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Christie should've run when the money guys begged him to in '12. He missed his chance, this campaign will be a whimpering failure.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Young Orc
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/ted-cruz-today-show-interracial-marriage

quote:

"If a state clerk refused to issue a marriage license to an interracial couple, would you agree with that too?" she asked Cruz on Monday morning, noting that people who once objected to interracial marriage used religion to support their beliefs.

"There’s no religious backing for that," Cruz responded.

Guthrie then asked Cruz whether interracial marriage should be a state issue, even though the Supreme Court ruled that interracial marriage bans are unconstitutional.

"Of course not,' Cruz answered. "We fought a bloody civil war over the original sin of our country, that was slavery. Slavery was grotesque and immoral and some 600,000 Americans lost their lives, spilled their blood on American soil to expunge it."

He said that the 13th, 14th and 15th Amendments honored "the promise of the Constitution."

Gotta say, I'm rather surprised that the media is drawing the comparison between denying marriage licenses to gays and miscegenation laws. Figured they would just let the GOP roll with the "religious freedom" excuse.

edit

Here we see Governor Christie trying to secure the GOP nomination.

Watch as the nomination turns and embraces Jeb! while Christie attempts to latch on to its coattails.

Sir Tonk fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jun 30, 2015

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Deptfordx posted:

Don't do anything?

Whose sacred blood line keeps the Wild Hunt in check and stops the Lady of Winter sending her Redcaps to steal the Sun every Winter Equinox? :britain:

I believe both of these things could probably be covered by the SAS. Cold iron is cheap these days, is all I'm saying. Or, you could go find Arthur. He'd probably cost less than the current set, plus you could do an amazing fish out of water reality television show, what with all those cameras you've got everywhere.

Axolotl
Jan 23, 2002
Whatever
Jeb! is supposed to be releasing 33 years of his personal tax returns as some kind of "openness and transparency" stunt to make a dig at Hillary Clinton. I wonder if Mitt and Tagg Romney will say anything about this?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Axolotl posted:

Jeb! is supposed to be releasing 33 years of his personal tax returns as some kind of "openness and transparency" stunt to make a dig at Hillary Clinton. I wonder if Mitt and Tagg Romney will say anything about this?

Trump is probably more worried about this. 33 years would probably include a bankruptcy or five

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Cruz is so full of poo poo his eyes are brown. Spit in the air in the 50s and 60s and it would have landed on an rear end in a top hat justifying his opposition to interracial marriage because "God stands in opposition".

Hell, ThinkProgress (I know, I know, but it's worth a read) already has this covered.

Fritz Coldcockin fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Jun 30, 2015

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Axolotl posted:

No one has been comparing Jeb! to Romney in terms of secrecy on financials, so he's basically attempting to solve a problem that doesn't exist.

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Lindsey

Nah, he's in until he gets a chance to knife Rand. Seriously, if the lights flicker on the debate stage don't be surprised by a bunch of blood spattered everywhere.

Sir Tonk posted:

Nope, he's going to exist until Rand Paul drops out. His current life goal is to shut that guy down.

I'm not even sure why, except that I think Graham has an abiding faith that our military is a force for good. I mean, it's a deeply personal hatred he holds for the man.

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009
33 years of tax returns would show just how much Trump's dad had to bail him out in the early years, killing that "self-made-man" lie he has going.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

The X-man cometh posted:

33 years of tax returns would show just how much Trump's dad had to bail him out in the early years, killing that "self-made-man" lie he has going.

You assume this would matter to Trump's cadre of supporters.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

No one who considers voting for Trump will give a crap about him not releasing his tax returns. It's another obstacle between him and the nomination but only one of very, very many.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
So I donated $100 to Bernie this month and an thinking of making $50 donations monthly. How dumb am I?

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
in terms of good for the world, the against malaria foundation is a better bet, but do what you want dude

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

greatn posted:

So I donated $100 to Bernie this month and an thinking of making $50 donations monthly. How dumb am I?

You're smarter than anyone who donated more than a dollar to any other candidate except Hillary, Jeb and maybe Rubio.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

greatn posted:

Seeing as you posted in this in the 2016 thread instead of the GBS bernie thread where it wouldn't spark a derail, pretty dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peztopiary
Mar 16, 2009

by exmarx

Alter Ego posted:

Holy poo poo :stare:

I can't imagine what his staff thought when that came out of his mouth. "Great, a week of 'The Juice is Loose' jokes".

That's the polite version. Imagine a native New Jerseyan (or assholes, as we're known in the colloquial, giving a brief nod to our friend from overseas) explaining what that means in graphic detail. Nothing is going to sink his campaign (because fat floats) but when he gives up I'm curious what his next move is.

• Locked thread