Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

wtf 32k views, NO COMMENTS, was he blocking them for a while or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

Indecisive posted:

wtf 32k views, NO COMMENTS, was he blocking them for a while or something

You watching on your phone?

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

nah comments must not have loaded properly or something the first time I watched, clicked it again and they show up

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Episode nine of Ride to Hell is some drat fine Best Friends. Matt's heroic backdown from the police was so hard the game couldn't keep up.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I just noticed that Jake's cigarette-pack-under-shirt thing is not actually a separate model, but is actually part of the sculpting of his arm. So if you look at him head-on his right shoulder bulges out in a super weird way because the cigarette pack texture is like meshed together with his arm texture and it's sooo weeeirdddd :gonk:

Genetic Toaster
Jun 5, 2011

TERMINATOR WEEK OUT OF NOWHERE??

ArclightBorealis
May 28, 2014

You are HUGE!
That means you have HUGE ESSENCE!

RIP AND TEAR YOUR ESSENCE!!

CJacobs posted:

I just noticed that Jake's cigarette-pack-under-shirt thing is not actually a separate model, but is actually part of the sculpting of his arm. So if you look at him head-on his right shoulder bulges out in a super weird way because the cigarette pack texture is like meshed together with his arm texture and it's sooo weeeirdddd :gonk:
It was all they had to patch him up with after the war.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Genetic Toaster posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKarfTRQ0g4

NOTHING BUT WEEKS AS FAR AS THE EYE CAN SEE.

maybeflan
May 15, 2014

Genetic Toaster posted:

There was a heads up at the end of the Jurassic World roundtable. :colbert:

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I was not expecting a Satriani reference.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Man I gotta admit, I'm kind of burned out of weeks. I know I'm most likely super wrong but it feels like they're happening way too often and when we're at the doorstep of ShaMem and close to the Monster Hunter LP that Pat and Woolie have been dancing around it just feels like prolonging the more interesting stuff.

I guess it doesn't help that I don't know poo poo about Terminator (or Jurassic Park outside the first movie)

Edit: Music is outstanding but the first level all I can see is the doom cover but with robots instead of demons

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Jun 30, 2015

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Man I gotta admit, I'm kind of burned out of weeks. I know I'm most likely super wrong but it feels like they're happening way too often and when we're at the doorstep of ShaMem and close to the Monster Hunter LP that Pat and Woolie have been dancing around it just feels like prolonging the more interesting stuff.

A Monster Hunter LP would require a lot of editing to be watchable.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Rodyle posted:

I was not expecting a Satriani reference.

C'mon, all nerds know about Vai, Satriani and Malmsteen (also mentioned). It's in our blood, even if you deny it like my indie-rear end self.

I'd call you out on the sound mixing in that Terminator episode in any other circumstance but Tommy Tallarico should be front and center and super-loud, so you did good.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I guess it doesn't help that I don't know poo poo about Terminator (or Jurassic Park outside the first movie)

It happens, Jurassic World and Genisys landed pretty close to each other and they're good week material, so we got two theme weeks very close together.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Andrast posted:

It would require heavy doses of alcoholic beverages and cannabis as well. Like for real, the only thing worse than another Souls LP is a loving MonHun one.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Andrast posted:

Well should clarify that I'm not sure if it's just one video or a lp, they originally said it was just a video but the latest podcast made it sound like a series.

Regardless seeing Woolie react to the crazy monsters sounds like it would be entertaining to me- and I doubt they'd leave any grinding in if it is a full LP

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Beef Chief posted:

Like for real, the only thing worse than another Souls LP is a loving MonHun one.

That sounds like a challenge

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Stay tuned for Pat and Liam Play the Muv Luv Trilogy.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
this sega cd terminator game is rad

matt are you guys doing journey to silius I know it's technically not a terminator game but it's pretty much a terminator game

DPM
Feb 23, 2015

TAKE ME HOME
I'LL CHECK YA BUM FOR GRUBS
As mentioned in todays Terminator video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y01O9FWa_Vs

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
http://superbestfriendsplay.com/podcast/sbfc-099-what-opacity-is-matt-this-week-feat-takahata101/
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl_hDLOK_Hw

"gently caress this podcast"

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
So apparently "Boruto" is just Engrish for Bolt?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Wooly must be so excited that his best friend, Meta Knight, is there with him.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

HGH posted:

So apparently "Boruto" is just Engrish for Bolt?

The name mean's a lot of things I am not going to explain because it is a dumb name.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I WILL

it's a reference to bolt as in the tool kind because his dead uncle's name means screw as well as bolt as in lightning bolt because he uses lightning attacks and then bolt is pronounced boruto so it has the ruto in there

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It's a shame Liam won't play the new fire emblem despite having the best gameplay the series had.

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
No pat this week? Guess I'll skip this one. Bummer.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

It's a shame Liam won't play the new fire emblem despite having the best gameplay the series had.

What happened with Liam and the new Fire emblem?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Andrast posted:

What happened with Liam and the new Fire emblem?

He hates the existence of kids, despite it being incredibly optional to the point that the famitsu reviewers didn't know that was a thing when they beat the game.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tae posted:

He hates kids.

But the stupid eugenics were like the best part of Awakening.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Liam's a silly guy

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Isn't there some weird feature where you can touch the ladies? I heard the internet freaking out about something but I never went to investigate what it actually was and now I'm probably grossly misinformed.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Oxyclean posted:

Isn't there some weird feature where you can touch the ladies? I heard the internet freaking out about something but I never went to investigate what it actually was and now I'm probably grossly misinformed.

There's a feature where you can increase affection with another character by petting their face and stuff, this is not exclusive to females.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

With the way the rumors come about Fate, it's safe to say 90% of them are bullshit.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

I don't blame Liam at all, I had the same reaction to finding out about the kids

Apparently they're not as bad in Fates so I'm turned around on it for the most part

RecursiveFault
Feb 18, 2015

Tae posted:

He never said he wouldn't play it, he just said he "wasn't keen" on it.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

RecursiveFault posted:

He never said he wouldn't play it, he just said he "wasn't keen" on it.

Sorry, it just sounds a bunch of hypocritical stuff but I don't know what Liam played before Awakening because just about every one of his complaints was in previous games. The game's not out for 6+ months though, so hopefully Liam turns around on it.

RecursiveFault
Feb 18, 2015

Tae posted:

Sorry, it just sounds a bunch of hypocritical stuff but I don't know what Liam played before Awakening because just about every one of his complaints was in previous games. The game's not out for 6+ months though, so hopefully Liam turns around on it.
I'm super uninformed on FE, but it sounded like he disliked how the characters relationship evolve independently of the story with the support system, and as far as rubbing guys and gals, :shrug:

I don't blame you taking it that way* though, there's a lot of overreaction to it everywhere.

RecursiveFault fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Jun 30, 2015

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

The problem truly is that it's not on vita so the rubbing feature can't make use of the back touch panel.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

RecursiveFault posted:

I'm super uninformed on FE, but it sounded like he disliked how the characters relationship evolve independently of the story with the support system, and as far as rubbing guys and gals, :shrug:

That's how the support system works in the franchise. That's a major complaint with the series in that outside a few core characters, everyone else is essentially non-existent in the story because the game has perma-death and only gives plot-important characters the ability to stay alive after being defeated.

The only thing he mentioned about the support system that was odd was talking about platonic love, which is a new feature in Fate (A+). Also, a poo poo ton of opposite-gender pairs ended in marriage at Rank A (Of C-B-A) in previous games, instead of Awakening/Fate's system (C-B-A-S).

Like I said, he may just have played the 7th game called Fire Emblem, Awakening, then called it a day. I don't know, because the franchise hasn't had a good game outside of Japan since 2005 until Awakening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RecursiveFault
Feb 18, 2015

Tae posted:

That's how the support system works in the franchise. That's a major complaint with the series in that outside a few core characters, everyone else is essentially non-existent in the story because the game has perma-death and only gives plot-important characters the ability to stay alive after being defeated.

The only thing he mentioned about the support system that was odd was talking about platonic love, which is a new feature in Fate (A+). Also, a poo poo ton of opposite-gender pairs ended in marriage at Rank A (Of C-B-A) in previous games, instead of Awakening/Fate's system (C-B-A-S).

Like I said, he may just have played the 7th game called Fire Emblem, Awakening, then called it a day. I don't know, because the franchise hasn't had a good game outside of Japan since 2005 until Awakening.
Ah alright. That doesn't make much sense then. Thanks for correcting me.