Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

SirPhoebos posted:

So is there any way I could go back for the 45 items or am I SOL? :negative:

Check the Calamity Salvager, maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Eej posted:

Bards (and probably MCH) are confirmed to be getting buffs anyway. Everyone else is gonna have to wait until Alex for the team to get data.

What the gently caress changes to BLM do these idiots want? The only thing I can think of is what to do with Thunder after the pull, everything else is really good and cool.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]

kirbysuperstar posted:

What the gently caress changes to BLM do these idiots want? The only thing I can think of is what to do with Thunder after the pull, everything else is really good and cool.

They are maybe super mad Flare isn't as useful as it was?

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Did everyone who submitted a video win that contest? Some servers have far more winners than others, and the quality is all over the place.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Minrad posted:

You can no longer get platinum packs from playing against NPCs in the TT Tournament, apparently. Not enough points.

loving seriously? Goddamn. gently caress Triple Triad Tournaments. Like watch the winners on the boards. It is the SAME loving people every loving tournament. It's well known how they abuse the system with multiple accounts. In fact, they've made it even easier to abuse the system since it seems player point values don't depreciate as quickly. You could probably get top 10 with just one other account.

I'm half tempted to level up seven level 15 characters on both mine and my wife's account to abuse the system as well.

I'm pissed and spergin about Triple Triad.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008

Thumbtacks posted:

Lmao you can't rapid fire gauss barrel anymore

alright, gently caress mch

I'd make a lame joke about shooting ourselves in the head at this point but MCH does so little damage I doubt it would even be noticed.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

kirbysuperstar posted:

As one of those idiots a change to managing Astral Fire and some way that Thunder is not a useless obsolete spell. Personally I'd want Fire IV to refresh Astral Fire, but even just increasing Astral Fire to 15s would help. Right now our rotation is incredibly strict with basically no time for leeway. Move at all? Oh there goes a Fire IV gently caress you. Target dies while casting, Oh gently caress you there goes a Fire IV. Target goes invincible at a bad time? Oh gently caress you there goes Enochian. Not to mention Thunder itself is only really useful on your first Enochian rotation. So yeah when things go fine, they go great. An actual encounter? gently caress you.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Not really surprised. When you gate your new content behind completing the story which includes new jobs what did you expect? You definitely saw it as the typical twitch streamers were not streaming this game like they do for all new expansion games.

I'm not worried however. The population will be fine and the game will grow albeit slow but still a growth.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Mordiceius posted:

loving seriously? Goddamn. gently caress Triple Triad Tournaments. Like watch the winners on the boards. It is the SAME loving people every loving tournament. It's well known how they abuse the system with multiple accounts. In fact, they've made it even easier to abuse the system since it seems player point values don't depreciate as quickly. You could probably get top 10 with just one other account.

I'm half tempted to level up seven level 15 characters on both mine and my wife's account to abuse the system as well.

I'm pissed and spergin about Triple Triad.

I like to collect cards. :)

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Renegret posted:

e: Just hit level 58 and (Minor MSQ Spoiler) God dammit Estinien don't you think it's time to clean your armor and take a shower? I bet you smell wonderful right now. Yes I know his armor being stained with blood is supposed to be symbolic and in reference to an earlier statement he makes about revenge but come on man, practice some personal hygiene

Estinien is actually just a goon who got good at fighting, it's not surprising.

Eimi posted:

As one of those idiots a change to managing Astral Fire and some way that Thunder is not a useless obsolete spell. Personally I'd want Fire IV to refresh Astral Fire, but even just increasing Astral Fire to 15s would help. Right now our rotation is incredibly strict with basically no time for leeway. Move at all? Oh there goes a Fire IV gently caress you. Target dies while casting, Oh gently caress you there goes a Fire IV. Target goes invincible at a bad time? Oh gently caress you there goes Enochian. Not to mention Thunder itself is only really useful on your first Enochian rotation. So yeah when things go fine, they go great. An actual encounter? gently caress you.

I can't wait to see what happens if/when you try out monk.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

SirPhoebos posted:

So is there any way I could go back for the 45 items or am I SOL? :negative:

You can get the old myth tome gear by turning in vintage items (dropped in Snowcloak, Qarn HM, and uh SV HM?) at Rowena's House of Glamour Equipment in Mor Dhona. I doubt you can go back and get them as quest rewards if you are already past that point though.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

That's a chart that's only counting retail sales in the UK, not digital, not worldwide

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Rei_ posted:

That's a chart that's only counting retail sales in the UK, not digital, not worldwide

You can take your facts and figures elsewhere, over in doomsayer camp we follow our heart.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I like to collect cards. :)

So do I and I love Triple Triad. It's probably one of my top favorite things in the game. However, tournaments continue to be a major loving sore spot for me.

I wonder how long it would take to make fourteen lvl 15s....

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Mordiceius posted:

So do I and I love Triple Triad. It's probably one of my top favorite things in the game. However, tournaments continue to be a major loving sore spot for me.

Long enough to question your motives for burning that much time to play advanced tic tac toe against yourself for Xs and Os.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

You can take your facts and figures elsewhere, over in doomsayer camp we follow our heart.

o-okay *walks along railway with fedora slung over bindle*

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Long enough to question your motives for burning that much time to play advanced tic tac toe against yourself for Xs and Os.

Because Triple Triad is what the certified cool dudes play. :colbert:

I figure it would be fastest to play an Ul'dah class so I wouldn't have to be concerned about unlocking travel, so I'm thinking either THM or PGL would be the best bet to race to 15.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

ESO on the console is a pretty neat thing. They get their own fresh servers away from the PC release so its kinda going to in competition with Destiny as its the only other true console only MMO. Most likely this is only talking about console disk sales and not the online store or steam.

In all seriousness, the blocking of content behind the quest wall caused this. People want to be able to jump right into new content and not be cock blocked. Destiny also has this with the new expansions but its way way to a lesser degree. You have to have a decent light level(like ilvl) but you get all the drops to piecemeal yourself up the quest line without having to do fetch quests. You can do the raids at the lowest level and most likely get carried(i couldn't damage the final boss on 1-2 characters in the second dlc raid) but their raids are more like dungeons you don't get to use the party matchmaking.

Their biggest money would of come from people who wanted to play Dark Knight, then quit in like 2 weeks. I guess they don't want the easy money.

Mordiceius posted:

Less than 5 hours and you wouldn't even have to play them.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jun 30, 2015

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
retail box copy sales in the UK certainly do show SE made mistake yes

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I'm a pretty poor blm, especially with the new rotation, so even though it's an inefficient move if I am unsure at all about the fire iv rotations due to moving or whatever I drop into ice and refresh enochian and come back around. I think that you just have to accept that sometimes you'll be forced into the old rotation waiting for things to come around. A minor change that I feel like might help a little is letting you finish casting the iv spells if you've already started and a condition runs out, it'd give you slightly more wiggle room.

I do enjoy the new blm stuff, except that bosses seem to love making GBS threads all over leylines.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax
I'm at work and can't check, but is it true there's another maintenance tonight or did it happen last night?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I can't wait to see what happens if/when you try out monk.

I have monk at 50 and I loathe it, it was by far my least favorite job in the game. Sadly it seems everything has had unnecessary complexity added to it in this expansion. I liked blm because it was simple and it hit hard, now I'm struggling to find a class I enjoy. :shrug:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Eimi posted:

I have monk at 50 and I loathe it, it was by far my least favorite job in the game. Sadly it seems everything has had unnecessary complexity added to it in this expansion. I liked blm because it was simple and it hit hard, now I'm struggling to find a class I enjoy. :shrug:

agreed

i want to do the same rotation i did at 50 for another year+.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

BottledBodhisvata posted:

I'm at work and can't check, but is it true there's another maintenance tonight or did it happen last night?

It was last night.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Did DRG get any improvements to AoE in Heavensward? While DRK is bugged I figure I might as well level a DPS instead of gearing it up, and I'm (STILL) debating between it and SMN.

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

I love how everyone in that thread is telling them that using the UK as a sample size is not a good indicator of sales numbers. Nor does it factor in worldwide or digital sales.

But they're adamant that these figures are disappointing for Heavensward!!!

Benson Cunningham
Dec 9, 2006

Chief of J.U.N.K.E.R. H.Q.
If I buy Heavensward, can I immediately go make an Astrologian? Do I need a character of a certain level, or a certain quest line completed first?

That class sounds awesome and I want to play it.

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun

Benson Cunningham posted:

If I buy Heavensward, can I immediately go make an Astrologian? Do I need a character of a certain level, or a certain quest line completed first?

You can't make an astrologian. It's an additional job that's unlocked once you can enter Ishgard (after finishing the complete ARR story).

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Benson Cunningham posted:

You have to get to level 50 and then do all of the pre-expansion story quests, of which they're are quite a few.

All the expansion classes start in the expansion area, and you can't go there until you finish the old story.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
To be fair the story is long if you watch every cutscene, but if you're catching up you can just skip everything and rewatch them at the inn when you feel like it. A patch's worth of story content can be done in a few hours if you skip stuff.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I got my first class to 50 last week and the person who decided you had to beat all the patch quests to get to the expansion needs to be fired. I'm fine doing the trials and dungeons they added, those are fun, but all the fetch quests are maddening.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I hope they buff WM and completely forget about Gauss Barrel and MCH

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

Tsurupettan posted:

agreed

i want to do the same rotation i did at 50 for another year+.

If you want something with complexity monk hasn't gone anywhere. Oh all jobs should be like monk, oh okay.

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Robo Reagan posted:

To be fair the story is long if you watch every cutscene, but if you're catching up you can just skip everything and rewatch them at the inn when you feel like it. A patch's worth of story content can be done in a few hours if you skip stuff.

Counterpoint: unless they fixed it, not quite every cutscene can be re-watched in the inn. Tataru's adventures with Emerald Carbuncle come to mind as an example. But yes, the vast majority (and everything plot-crucial) can.

Still, the new jobs really aren't going anywhere, so there's no particular obligation to rush either.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Robo Reagan posted:

And if you get fast queues, which for some of the trials will simply not happen. Right now trial roulette is a black hole sucking everyone it can into bismarck and ravana because a pretty big majority of people are doing that content right now. I don't remember the last trial roulette I got that wasn't HW story trials.

Ethiser posted:

I got my first class to 50 last week and the person who decided you had to beat all the patch quests to get to the expansion needs to be fired. I'm fine doing the trials and dungeons they added, those are fun, but all the fetch quests are maddening.

No, but you won't understand what's going on in HW if you don't do all of those fetch quests, don't you see.

Ither
Jan 30, 2010

Eimi posted:

Summoner?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
So I seem to recall a while back, before Heavenswards release, SE teasing at one convention or another a series of black and white kinda Victorian looking armor sets as tomestone gear in Heavensward. Does anybody still have the imgur album of that stuff?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
All the world first turn 13 people got their skills from rubbing oil on chocobos.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Robo Reagan posted:

Counterpoint: people who skip cutscenes are basically Hitler.

Also, gently caress anyone who has the attitude "Other players should be forced to skip dungeon cutscenes since you can just watch them in the inn."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mordiceius posted:

Counterpoint: people who skip cutscenes are basically Hitler.

Also, gently caress anyone who has the attitude "Other players should be forced to skip dungeon cutscenes since you can just watch them in the inn."

Just saying the option is there if you're impatient like me. I like the story but I also not like sitting on the sidelines while everyone is gearing up. :v:

• Locked thread