Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I never saw the first season, but I'm two episodes deep and really don't think it's a good show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this

Mr. Nice! posted:

I never saw the first season, but I'm two episodes deep and really don't think it's a good show.

Watch the first season. It's :perfect:

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Booblord Zagats posted:

It was always going to be him or Mccain. And to be honest post 9-11 Mccain America could have been much, much worse

Not to get all D&D but how?

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Stultus Maximus posted:

Not to get all D&D but how?

Mccain is the world's most self righteous reactionary. My brother was a page for him when he was trying to get in to the Naval Academy and every interaction he had with him painted the dude as a first class narcissist with anger issues. Any little thing wrong and the guy would be on edge and chewing people out for it. Hell, dude's a good senator because his "gently caress you, got mine" attitude is the only reason Arizona isn't some dried out husk of a state that exists as a tourist stop and the primary manufacturer of California's meth. He's kept a lot of really lovely projects with super lucrative contracts in the state and backdoored poo poo to so many bills that will keep Arizona an untouchable sponge for gub'ment money for the next six decades. But the guy has no business running the show. Had he been in office on 9-11, I get the feeling we'd have been balls deep in Iran, Iraq and North Korea by the end of October

Bush on the other hand is well known for being a pretty calm and collected guy with a tendency to take too much time to figure out his next step. I honestly believe with a cabinet that wasn't just his dad's old cronies Bush probably would have been a really solid president for both sides of the aisle, like on par with Clinton at least. Guy is the definition of amicable in person and the people I know who have known him professionally swear up and down he's one of the most thoughtful and methodical people they've ever known.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It seems to be kind of a repeat thing where generally good presidents end up relying on their expert staff but their expert staff are actually retarded assholes or have their own agenda that doesn't really line up with what's best for the government or nation.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Fart Sandwiches posted:

The creator said in some interview that no one wanted to see more hosed up buddy cop poo poo which makes me believe he didn't really understand why his show was popular in the first place.

Oh christ it is going to suck this season :cripes:

elite_garbage_man
Apr 3, 2010
I THINK THAT "PRIMA DONNA" IS "PRE-MADONNA". I MAY BE ILLITERATE.

ManMythLegend posted:

How terrible is Omaha, and the surrounding area, for a 30 something with a family?

north omaha has a pretty high crime rate, like stupid high, so stay the gently caress away

the rest of omaha if pretty good

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

bengy81
May 8, 2010

ManMythLegend posted:

How terrible is Omaha, and the surrounding area, for a 30 something with a family?

Omaha isn't terrible, for the Midwest at least. Reasonably priced and there is "stuff to do" in the city and surrounding area. If I were gonna move there I would buy a big gently caress off house on a lake on the Iowa side of the river though. No particular reason, just seems like a good idea to me.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I so hope that Netflix show becomes reality

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

One of my assignments for advanced writing was to send the instructor a proper and professional email to the instructor that fit the scenario. Having been out in the real world for some time now, and growing up before twitter, it took 5 minutes and was once of the easiest A's of my college career. You wouldn't think it would be that hard for anyone, but one time I got an email from a pilot who wrote like 13 year olds on XBox live talk minus some racial slurs.

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Casimir Radon posted:

One of my assignments for advanced writing was to send the instructor a proper and professional email to the instructor that fit the scenario. Having been out in the real world for some time now, and growing up before twitter, it took 5 minutes and was once of the easiest A's of my college career. You wouldn't think it would be that hard for anyone, but one time I got an email from a pilot who wrote like 13 year olds on XBox live talk minus some racial slurs.

No one knows how to write a proper, professional email anymore man. A lot of people I deal with use email as a hybrid instant messenger.

bengy81
May 8, 2010

Whip Slagcheek posted:

No one knows how to write a proper, professional email anymore man. A lot of people I deal with use email as a hybrid instant messenger.

I die a little inside when I read an email from an MBA that reads like something my 7 year old would crack out. I'm not sure what's worse, when its internal or an external communication.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Whip Slagcheek posted:

I do that a little bit after initial contact is established, but I still use proper spelling and grammar. Last time I was at work one of my serfs showed me an email a SNCO had sent one of our SNCOs, our guy is a useless oval office who I hate but that's beside the point. It was concerning some plasma tvs, lol, that he wanted. They'd been set aside for him for a month and he never bothered to walk his happy rear end down to our building to get them, finally our leadership got sick of them taking up space and gave them to somebody else. So this guy writes a grade school level email to us to complain, and gets told the situation.

This was his reply.

Idiot posted:

:(

According to my dad law enforcement is really bad at this sort of thing too. He's constantly wasting his time proofreading other people's reports because they write like grade schoolers. Some of them like to embellish poo poo too, seemingly unaware that they might have to talk about whatever happened in court.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Vacation chat:

Back from my 8 day excursion in Alaska. Wife's parents live up there so we had free housing and a vehicle, plus a place right in Palmer Alaska which had free food.

Alaska is the loving poo poo in the summer. The temperature was a perfect 55 at night *which was from like 1 A.M to 5 A.M...and more like dusk* and the day times got around 72-74 with the sun.

There wasn't a day where there wasn't something cool to do. We ended up getting about 30 miles of hiking in with our 6 full days on the ground in Alaska. The best poo poo to hike is the trails where the tourists don't necessarily migrate to. We found a trail that was up pioneer peak. 5 miles straight up and around 4K+ of elevation change. That poo poo was the tits, and beat any "trail" where the walking trail was 8 feed wide and had tons of foot traffic.

The food is equally as amazing. Even the shrimp that we got at a local Safeway was so fresh and loving delicious. Leaving Alaska loving sucked, and coming back to the 105 degree heat of southern New Mexico sucked equally as well. It's too bad that Alaska becomes a lovely winter tundra in the winter, I'd be happy to move up there in a heart beat. I'm just not a fan of -20 degree winter weather.

Taken 2,300 feet up above where we started walking, about 2 miles up the trail.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Hit up Anchorage at all?

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
I don't care what the haters say. This season of True Detective is great. :colbert:

bengy81 posted:

Omaha isn't terrible, for the Midwest at least. Reasonably priced and there is "stuff to do" in the city and surrounding area. If I were gonna move there I would buy a big gently caress off house on a lake on the Iowa side of the river though. No particular reason, just seems like a good idea to me.

elite_garbage_man posted:

north omaha has a pretty high crime rate, like stupid high, so stay the gently caress away

the rest of omaha if pretty good

Cool. Thanks for the info.

Reign Of Pain
May 1, 2005

Nap Ghost

MurderBot posted:

Vacation chat:

Back from my 8 day excursion in Alaska. Wife's parents live up there so we had free housing and a vehicle, plus a place right in Palmer Alaska which had free food.

Alaska is the loving poo poo in the summer. The temperature was a perfect 55 at night *which was from like 1 A.M to 5 A.M...and more like dusk* and the day times got around 72-74 with the sun.

There wasn't a day where there wasn't something cool to do. We ended up getting about 30 miles of hiking in with our 6 full days on the ground in Alaska. The best poo poo to hike is the trails where the tourists don't necessarily migrate to. We found a trail that was up pioneer peak. 5 miles straight up and around 4K+ of elevation change. That poo poo was the tits, and beat any "trail" where the walking trail was 8 feed wide and had tons of foot traffic.

The food is equally as amazing. Even the shrimp that we got at a local Safeway was so fresh and loving delicious. Leaving Alaska loving sucked, and coming back to the 105 degree heat of southern New Mexico sucked equally as well. It's too bad that Alaska becomes a lovely winter tundra in the winter, I'd be happy to move up there in a heart beat. I'm just not a fan of -20 degree winter weather.

Taken 2,300 feet up above where we started walking, about 2 miles up the trail.

Was there a lot of bugs?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Fart Sandwiches posted:

The creator said in some interview that no one wanted to see more hosed up buddy cop poo poo which makes me believe he didn't really understand why his show was popular in the first place.

Haha, what? That scene in the first episode where Marty asks Rust to tell him about himself was probably the best thing HBO aired that year.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

holocaust bloopers posted:

Hit up Anchorage at all?

We biked the costal trail which was essentially a massive park in anchorage with a huge 10 mile trail that followed the ocean trail ridge. We also watched a movie/ate/had a few beers at the Bears tooth, which showed kind of off the wall movies where you boozed and drank. It wasn't bad. We wanted to stay out of cities as much as we could and just experience the less populated areas/nature.

Reign Of Pain posted:

Was there a lot of bugs?

I'm sure there are bugs, but not a lot. I didn't wear a single bit of bug spray and came out without a single bug bite

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Today marks 6 months since I have worn long pants.

Suck my dick from the back.

Cole
Nov 24, 2004

DUNSON'D
shaved my awesome beard off today

RIP awesome beard

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Cole posted:

RIP awesome beard

gently caress you

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Casimir Radon posted:

According to my dad law enforcement is really bad at this sort of thing too. He's constantly wasting his time proofreading other people's reports because they write like grade schoolers. Some of them like to embellish poo poo too, seemingly unaware that they might have to talk about whatever happened in court.

Yes. I'm constantly being asked "hey whip how do I spell this word"

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Cole posted:

RIP awesome beard

Mine will probably meet it's demise next weekend.

:sigh:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Godholio posted:

Mine will probably meet it's demise next weekend.

:sigh:

fuc k you too

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
At least I'll have a sweet retarded tan line across my loving face.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

gently caress you beard havers

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

gently caress you beard havers

fuckin fight me b***h

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

fuckin fight me b***h

fuckin fight my pedo stash

cops would arrest me on sight for the facial hair i grow

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

:yikes:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Is it literally made of 14 year olds' pubes or what?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

It's thin and doesn't cover my cheeks. Basically my hair grows into a natural goatee, and not a good looking one. So I shave regularly.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

It's thin and doesn't cover my cheeks. Basically my hair grows into a natural goatee, and not a good looking one. So I shave regularly.

dont worry i will grow a beard for both of us sir o7

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Great work. :golfclap:

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

i wanna double braid this beard

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

now there is a scary rear end vet beard

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

That's pretty metal

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

gently caress yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Neighbor kids gonna stay the gently caress off your lawn, dude

• Locked thread