Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pizookie
Apr 29, 2009
I know Tama the station cat was mentioned on the last page, but turns out 3,000 people attended her funeral and she's been given the status of Shinto goddess :unsmith:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/29/tama-the-cat-3000-attend-elaborate-funeral-for-japans-feline-stationmaster

I also find it adorable that her successor is named Nitama :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

You're gonna carry that weight.
Cybernetic Crumb
Related to (current) thread title:

http://thepunchlineismachismo.com/archives/comic/i-didnt-even-have-a-joke-for-this-week

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

spinst posted:

This is Betty:

Sometimes that is a trap, sometimes it isn't. Roll the dice... pet the tummy.

Her tail is the most ridiculous thing in the whole world.

:eyepop:

Who is a big fluffy goof, you're a big fluffy goof!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

My big doofy cat. :3:

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003

cash crab posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoJTbfnCVkA

"Irishman Tragically Crushed By Seals, Presumed Dead or Happy"

I'm always amazed by the stoicism of naturalists in these situations. How do you repress the urge to hug the poo poo out those things, how?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Pizookie posted:

I know Tama the station cat was mentioned on the last page, but turns out 3,000 people attended her funeral and she's been given the status of Shinto goddess :unsmith:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jun/29/tama-the-cat-3000-attend-elaborate-funeral-for-japans-feline-stationmaster

I was so sad when I heard about this but your news made me feel a lot better.

SynthOrange posted:

My big doofy cat. :3:

What a peaceful little bean

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pizookie posted:

God speed, honourable eternal stationmaster :patriot:.

Also to explain the joke "Ni" is two in Japanese.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

cash crab posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoJTbfnCVkA

"Irishman Tragically Crushed By Seals, Presumed Dead or Happy"

Never fails to make me smile. Also looks like the seals are trying to keep that strangely-shaped seal warm. :3

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Look at those giant paws!

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
My extremely stupid cat is spending the night at the vet, having eaten a rubber band. Hopefully Nosy (let that be a reminder to never let a 6 year old niece name your pet for you!) will be OK. I want my cuddle cat back!

Requesting pics of black cats, especially really irate looking black cats. He is not really irate, just has that " I am not pleased with this offering, bring me something else!" look that good cats master.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Wanna see that fuzzball scoot. Like, just shuffle along the floor without any visible means of locomotion.

The Sin of Onan
Oct 11, 2012

And below,
watched by eyes of steel
we dreamt

BattyKiara posted:

My extremely stupid cat is spending the night at the vet, having eaten a rubber band. Hopefully Nosy (let that be a reminder to never let a 6 year old niece name your pet for you!) will be OK. I want my cuddle cat back!

Requesting pics of black cats, especially really irate looking black cats. He is not really irate, just has that " I am not pleased with this offering, bring me something else!" look that good cats master.

I only have a white cat, but he is very good at looking displeased in a catty way. Will this do?

I do have a picture of a black-and-white cat that lives at my granddad's retirement home:

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy
My black cat isn't fond of photos, but she ate a hair elastic once and she came out ok. She was stubborn about. She only horked on the 3rd thing they tried.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

This isn't a cat. This is a felt ball with eyes and ears. :colbert:

This is a cat:

Also doubles as a cherry pit caddy.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.

Good thing you had a light, Grues are not to be trifled with.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
peepin

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

I will never be as happy as that little kid. Ever.

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Klaus88 posted:

:eyepop:

Who is a big fluffy goof, you're a big fluffy goof!

Betty is not a fan of nose boops. :3:

Moon Potato
May 12, 2003

I found a bunch of babby Wood Ducks yesterday.

duckling-dribble by Redwood Planet, on Flickr

duckling-wad by Redwood Planet, on Flickr

duckling-pounce by Redwood Planet, on Flickr

The mother briefly perched on the trees around the pond to watch for danger, then joined the little ones at their roost.

woodduck-mother-child by Redwood Planet, on Flickr

One of the ducklings got very excited when the father returned.

wood-duck-father by Redwood Planet, on Flickr

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx

Moon Potato posted:

One of the ducklings got very excited when the father returned.
That duck is a straight-up pimp

Moon Potato
May 12, 2003

neonnoodle posted:

Male Wood Ducks are gorgeous. I stopped by the duck pond on the way home just to get a look at one. The ducklings were an added bonus.

wood-duck-colors by Redwood Planet, on Flickr

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

Alter Ego posted:

I will never be as happy as that little kid. Ever.

Or as patient as that dog.

"Oh. You wanna play horsie-ride? Okay. Just... Just settle in and lemme get some sleep."

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Some ducks are amazing. I want a colony of Mandarin ducks.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

neonnoodle posted:

In grad school, my apt was next to a frat house with a pond. This pond had a decent mallard population. Some of them would come by the apartment looking for gullible people with food (i.e. me) and it was always one male mallard and 3-4 females. I called him Pimp Daddy Duck.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Little lizard finds the warmest, comfiest place in the whole zoo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2ZCbJMl7-U

Buggiezor
Jun 6, 2011

For I am a cat, you see.
This isn't this thread's usual type of post, but I love watching people do things they are really good at. And clearly this guy is REALLY good at writing/drawing logos. Just watch out for the video plug at the end talking about a woman's huge fake breasts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNfbfLahm1E

I want those pens...

Buggiezor has a new favorite as of 19:54 on Jun 30, 2015

Melondog
Oct 9, 2006

:yeshaha:

BattleMaster posted:

Little lizard finds the warmest, comfiest place in the whole zoo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2ZCbJMl7-U

Spoilers in your av

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Why are so many of these capybara things Japanese?

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Dzhay posted:

They're very popular attractions in petting zoos/regular zoos over there.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Dzhay posted:

Japanese zoos heavily marketed capybaras in the 60s and 70s as "the animal that loves hot springs as much as we [the Japanese people] do" and they became popular attractions. They also have some novelty as the world's biggest rodent, and they're very friendly and will happily sit still and let you scratch and rub them which makes them good for petting zoos, which are a lot more common over there than in the west.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLewl494EeU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OVJ8Uzrs3VA

BattleMaster has a new favorite as of 21:03 on Jun 30, 2015

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

I wish I could have recorded the noise I made when I saw this. It was like, "PhNEH"

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

BattleMaster posted:

Japanese zoos heavily marketed capybaras in the 60s and 70s as "the animal that loves hot springs as much as we [the Japanese people] do" and they became popular attractions. They also have some novelty as the world's biggest rodent, and they're very friendly and will happily sit still and let you scratch and rub them which makes them good for petting zoos, which are a lot more common over there than in the west.

Is funny because here in Brazil, where capybaras are pretty common, they were never associated to "hot springs" (I suppose they like it in Japan because is too cold for capybaras there) nor were never considered pets (they are much more associated with food, specially for people in the country, where capybara hunting is a tradition).

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

neonnoodle
Mar 20, 2008

by exmarx
That last one

he caught a sponge

I...

I can't

:qq:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Straight from Spirited Away! :kimchi:

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
Three pictures of my recently acquired cat:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

• Locked thread