Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bellows lugosi fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Jun 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BANME.sh
Jan 23, 2008

What is this??
Are you some kind of hypnotist??
Grimey Drawer
i got 3 rolls of portra 220 from my gw690ii in my fridge that i need to get developed. hopefully some of it turns out as nice as what's been posted here recently.

probably not though :toot:

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Quite Polite Like Walter Cronkite

Mido posted:

These are lookin good but I especially dig what you got out of Ektar on that first shot

Thanks! That was lunchtime with a work buddy and it was one of maybe two decent shots in terms of exposure. Midday sun and Ektar are not on friendly terms.

crap nerd
May 24, 2008
I used some medium format slide film for the first time, having big rear end positives is cool as hell.

gotta finish scanning the roll and put the rest up

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Slide film rocks!

Clementi by alkanphel, on Flickr

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT MY AP WIRE PHOTOS
got the ole 6x7 out

Untitled by Paul Frederiksen, on Flickr

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer

Pukestain Pal posted:

got the ole 6x7 out

Untitled by Paul Frederiksen, on Flickr

The water slide to infinity

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

ape
Jul 20, 2009

Tony Two Bapes
Mar 30, 2009
dojo by Phillip Chicola, on Flickr

Tony Two Bapes fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jun 22, 2015

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

:eyepop:

MrBlandAverage
Jul 2, 2003

GNNAAAARRRR

Grote by Isaac Sachs, on Flickr

more details, please~

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth

MrBlandAverage posted:

more details, please~

It's an 8x10 ambrotype/collodion positive on black glass. I'm still really new to it and just nutting out chemical and technique issues but pleased with the progress so far. Doing everything out in the field is the tricky part. Lots of troubleshooting.

Awkward Davies
Sep 3, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Here is a photo from my $15.99/roll development fiasco. It is a picture of a flower.

Lupine by spike mccue, on Flickr

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Awkward Davies posted:

Here is a photo from my $15.99/roll development fiasco. It is a picture of a flower.

I think it is also, more importantly, a picture of a bumblebee. I would pay $15.99 to have taken that picture. You should repost it over in the Astia thread, even though you weren't part of the original project.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

Untitled by Simon Chetrit, on Flickr

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

Awkward Davies posted:

gotta crop out a touch of the upper left

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

This is nice. I'd be interested to know why you've been shooting nudes lately, though.

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

365 Nog Hogger posted:

This is nice. I'd be interested to know why you've been shooting nudes lately, though.

If I've learned anything from Flickr, it's that boobs and cars from the '70s turn good photos into great photos

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

LargeHadron posted:

If I've learned anything from Flickr, it's that boobs and cars from the '70s turn good photos into great photos

Plus boobs are awesome

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Clementi by alkanphel, on Flickr

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

365 Nog Hogger posted:

The honest answer is that I've been scouting more professional models (as opposed to strangers) from ModelMayhem, and was fortunate enough to work with one very talented model the likes of which you can see here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/57894797@N00/18095268779/in/dateposted-public/

More or less her entire portfolio was nude, and seeing as how I was already paying her, I figured "why not?"

IMHO, the shoot went very well, the point where I found myself inspired and wanting to do further nudes. It fits my style well, and the vast majority of female nudes I see are indoors, in bedrooms, etc, whereas I feel I can bring something different to it.

There's also no good reason why it should be such a big deal if a woman is topless in a picture or in public, IMO, but that's good ole Puritanical America for ya.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

IMHO, the shoot went very well, the point where I found myself inspired and wanting to do further nudes. It fits my style well, and the vast majority of female nudes I see are indoors, in bedrooms, etc, whereas I feel I can bring something different to it.

I'm now stuck with the mental image of your avatar, about four and a half feet tall, clutching a Pentax 67 in stubby little T-rex arms as he directs a statuesque model around an empty shipyard or something. The Pentax has the wooden grip.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

I just bought this loving awesome thing.

https://baltimore.craigslist.org/pho/5067221575.html

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

Yond Cassius posted:

I'm now stuck with the mental image of your avatar, about four and a half feet tall, clutching a Pentax 67 in stubby little T-rex arms as he directs a statuesque model around an empty shipyard or something. The Pentax has the wooden grip.

Honestly, that's a lot closer to the truth than you might think.

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

That is definitely awesome.

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

link blew up, so here it is...

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE

Pukestain Pal posted:

link blew up, so here it is...

Signal Corps Speed Graphic? gently caress yes. 4x5?

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

Paul MaudDib posted:

Signal Corps Speed Graphic? gently caress yes. 4x5?

yup!

crap nerd
May 24, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vp2DmA3MA8

don't be a gently caress up like joe

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

this is awesome

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

A non-nude. Yay, I can actually post something in here:

vxsarin
Oct 29, 2004

dorkasaurus_rex posted:

A non-nude. Yay, I can actually post something in here:

missed some cropping in the lower right.

The skin isn't red!

LargeHadron
May 19, 2009

They say, "you mean it's just sounds?" thinking that for something to just be a sound is to be useless, whereas I love sounds just as they are, and I have no need for them to be anything more than what they are.

img048
by LargeHadron, on Flickr

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Tiong Bahru by alkanphel, on Flickr

Sludge Tank
Jul 31, 2007

by Azathoth
e: nvm

Sludge Tank fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jun 30, 2015

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005