Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

SirDan3k posted:

That's Brother Voodoo MD and he is simply as surprised he still exists as I am.

The eighties called Marvel even they think Brother Voodoo may be irredeemably racist.

They called him Doctor Voodoo when they made him Sorcerer Supreme for a while. I thought it was pretty interesting, but it was one of those ongoings that got turned into a limited series, and then he was never seen again. :eng99:

The idea that Sorcerers Supreme are always medical doctors seems weird to me. Although I saw one alternate version described as "the Surgeon of Reality" in a short story, and I thought that was a pretty cool description.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

You need to have the finger control of a surgeon to be able to make those weird hand gestures consistently!

Now, why there's no concert violinist Sorcerer Supreme is a good question.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Magik and Tony Stark are both future Sorceror Supremes.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

That's Dr. Stark and Dr. Rasputin, thank you very much.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Aphrodite posted:

William Safire Orders Two Whoppers Junior

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

fatherboxx posted:

Holy poo poo, Quicksilver :stonk:

That* Quicksilver costume looks like it was designed by someone who really, really doesn't like or care about Quicksilver.

*All

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Chinaman7000 posted:

That* Quicksilver costume looks like it was designed by someone who really, really doesn't like or care about Quicksilver.

*All

The three arrowed fast forward icon on his chest means he moves even faster than a normal fast forward icon would imply. :eng101:

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
But seriously, who is Not!Katana there?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

But seriously, who is Not!Katana there?

The only female member of the team yet revealed is Rogue so I have no idea.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I always liked this one, actually:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The glasses/headpiece straight-up don't work, but I really dig this one too:

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

That vertical line in front his crotch is mighty unfortunate.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Those swirly white lines trailing behind him don't really say "super speed" to me either.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

prefect posted:

The idea that Sorcerers Supreme are always medical doctors seems weird to me. Although I saw one alternate version described as "the Surgeon of Reality" in a short story, and I thought that was a pretty cool description.

They made him a GP with a private clinic just to justify the title.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

So here's the new Spider-Man costume by Alex Ross. Thoughts?

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
It's alright, I'm not a fan of how the boot webs go up the leg though.

Starsnostars fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jun 30, 2015

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Is it shiny, or is there blueish white around the spider?

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Is it shiny, or is there blueish white around the spider?

I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be a glow
Yep
http://www.mtv.com/news/2199978/amazing-spider-man-marvel-dan-slott/
"The new suit Ross designed has some tech secrets inside of it, beyond the glowing logo."

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Senor Candle posted:

I'm pretty sure that's supposed to be a glow

I'm hoping it's just there in that sketch to make the spider clearer.

Edit: welp, I guess it's real, which means it sucks. :mad:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

That's biggest "But why?" imaginable.

Like it's perfectly fine, but it's just so...unnecessary.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Yvonmukluk posted:

So here's the new Spider-Man costume by Alex Ross. Thoughts?

So let's see. The spiderweb design starts at his feet, continues up his legs while looping around to the back, merges at his butt, goes up his back, diverges and then moves at a downward angle across his flanks until meeting back up just above his crotch, before continuing up his chest, at which point it then covers his upper arms and everything above his shoulders.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I like the unused designs Ross did for the Maguire Spider-Man film

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Where is that costume going to be seen? Is it just Ross having a good time or are they putting that in a book now?

Please tell me they're not changing Miles' costume for 616.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Travis343 posted:

Where is that costume going to be seen? Is it just Ross having a good time or are they putting that in a book now?

No, they're changing Peter's costume for 616. :unsmigghh:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Travis343 posted:

That's Peter's costume for the other Spidey book The Amazing Spider-Man.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

muscles like this? posted:

That's Peter's costume for the other Spidey book The Amazing Spider-Man.

Because Dan Slott demands his BatSpider-suits be crammed full of gadgets and geegaws.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I thought Peter was just going to be Miles' Master Splinter in the All New All Different Marvel Now! world?

It's kind of a cop out to make such a hullabaloo over Miles being the One True Spider-Man if Peter Parker is still running around in tights, starring in the same book he's had since the 60s.

haitfais
Aug 7, 2005

I am offended by your ham, sir.

Travis343 posted:

I thought Peter was just going to be Miles' Master Splinter in the All New All Different Marvel Now! world?

It's kind of a cop out to make such a hullabaloo over Miles being the One True Spider-Man if Peter Parker is still running around in tights, starring in the same book he's had since the 60s.

Then it's probably a good thing no one was doing that. No one who matters, anyway.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Well there's a lot of mainstream news about Miles being the "main" Spider-Man now, unless you're saying the people writing the comics don't matter. Unless I'm misunderstanding the entire situation.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I wish it didn't have the green glows. Also nobody's going to draw that better than Alex Ross

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Travis343 posted:

Well there's a lot of mainstream news about Miles being the "main" Spider-Man now, unless you're saying the people writing the comics don't matter. Unless I'm misunderstanding the entire situation.

Marvel never corrected people, and carefully announced the Bendis book first so it looked like it was the main one, but they never said it was the only one or that Peter was gone or not Spidey. It's cynical marketing, which if you read cape books for any length of time, you get used to.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

It should be noted that Amazing, according to the cover, is going to take place in Tokyo, so that costume is going to look pretty drat slick. It's a good move to keep Miles from constantly being in Peter's shadow.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Between putting Spider-Girl in the classic Spider-Girl costume over the Ben Reilly one and now this, I think it's official that Dan Slott has Bad Opinions on Spider-Costumes.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Gaz-L posted:

Because Dan Slott demands his BatSpider-suits be crammed full of gadgets and geegaws.

He's had this crap since before Slott was born.

(not to mention web-shooters, radios, spider-tracers, et al)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yes, but Slott's first 3 big arcs on ASM involved a bullet proof suit. A stealth suit that could also do other poo poo. And whatever the hell the Ends of the Earth suit was supposed to be.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!
I'm not really defending Slott (although it sounds like it), but SM has had ridiculous gizmos, gadgets, and suits for decades.

I mean, c'mon:

e: But basically, THANKFULLY, every story gets ret-conned back to the standard red & blue, that being the only suit that works. All gadgets fail or are one-time uses, etc, and SM relies on being a snarky rear end with webs to win the day. So I'm not too worried about a chest light for three issues.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ferrule posted:

I'm not really defending Slott (although it sounds like it), but SM has had ridiculous gizmos, gadgets, and suits for decades.

I mean, c'mon:

That was a special one-time use thing that the story showed the clear downsides of, but it served its purpose for the fight he happened to be in!

There was no reason given to not wear the Slott bulletproof suit 24/7. He is a bad writer who writes bad comics and he should stop writing.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
He also only stopped using the stealth suit because Kaine stole it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Gaz-L posted:

He also only stopped using the stealth suit because Kaine stole it.

The Kaine tried to go "Scarlet Spider no more!" and burn it but it was fireproof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

My personal favorite Spidey costume is.... Superior :getin:

• Locked thread