Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Shovel Knight in Smash, finally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I'm Shovel Knight

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Looked into it and found out their also hinting at something Nintendo exclusive that's a MEGATON announcement. I'm curious to what that could be.

Quest For Glory II posted:

I think Shantae deserves it more. :colbert:

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I've got it.

Shovel Knight assets in Super Mario Maker. :getin:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Smash in Shovel Knight

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

Wii U gets special edition like this

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Admiral H. Curtiss posted:

Shovel Knight in Smash, please?

Yes please

Man, I almost want to buy another copy of Shovel Knight on the WiiU just so I can have the physical box.

Suspicious Cook posted:

I've got it.

Shovel Knight assets in Super Mario Maker. :getin:

THIS WOULD ALSO BE GREAT

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
WAIT THAT'S WHAT CHESTER REALLY LOOKS LIKE?!?!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I think video game characters need to be 20 years old or in Fire Emblem to be in Smash

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Help Im Alive posted:

I think video game characters need to be 20 years old or in Fire Emblem to be in Smash

Olimar, Miis, Lucas, etc.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Help Im Alive posted:

Rosalina

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

Wii Fit Trainer, Shulk, Rosalina, Greninja, and so-on disagree.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

You fell right into his trap you fools

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

ImpAtom posted:

Wii Fit Trainer, Shulk, Rosalina, Greninja, and so-on disagree.

pokemon X and Y where a little over a year old then smash 4 out for 3ds.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Well then I guess third party video game characters need to be 20 years old to be in Smash

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

Quest For Glory II posted:

and then it'll turn out he's a mii swordsman's costume.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I would be cool with that.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Tengames posted:

and then it'll turn out he's a mii swordsman's costume.

This is what's actually gonna happen isn't it :negative:

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

mii costumes are cool so if they don't want to make Shovel Knight an actual character it would be pretty rad to get a swordfighter mii outfit with a shovel and stuff rather than nothing

hell, they should do a set of indie game mii outfits like they did the fighting game ones. tekken and virtua fighter mii costumes got in even though those games have no other representation. shantae and shovel knight and the other weird requests could be a good big 3rd party mii outfit pack

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Not a Children posted:

Disagree, I think 5 years is too short, but I, too, am looking forward to the NX.

I think the long xbox/ps3/wii generation has warped people's perceptions a bit. The Gamecube lasted 6 years before the Wii succeeded it.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'll allow shovel knight to be a mii swordfighter.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

mabels big day posted:

I'll allow shovel knight to be a mii swordfighter.

Nintendo doesn't need or seek your approval.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

loudog999 posted:

How is Arkham Origins on Wii U? I have it both on Wii U and Steam, but would prefer to play it on the U as long as there are not any huge issues with it.

I personally think the Wii U version is great. It's honestly really nice being able to glance down at the map, tap the screen to set a waypoint, and be able to quickly navigate to that part of the city. On other versions I found my self constantly flipping back and forth between the game and the map to orientate myself.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

The Miis are an abomination and aren't even on my character select cause I've never used them. And that's how they shall remain just like Lucas and Roy :colbert:

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Third party games, ironically, use the Gamepad in more useful ways than Nintendo does. Deus Ex HR is like x100 better with touchscreen menu + drag n drop inventory management.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Macaluso posted:

The Miis are an abomination and aren't even on my character select cause I've never used them. And that's how they shall remain just like Lucas and Roy :colbert:

A lot of the costumes are really good and cool like Protoman, I mean yeah it sucks that each costume is locked to one of three playstyles but at least all the Sword outfits have been poo poo so I don't have to buy or use those, since Sword is the worst character in the game

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

can you use the mii fighters in random online? i remember that bieng a thing you cant do which is just lame.

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Tengames posted:

can you use the mii fighters in random online? i remember that bieng a thing you cant do which is just lame.

No, you can't. Probably to prevent Hitlers everywhere

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

majormonotone posted:

You can race as Hitler in Mario Kart. I'd presume they're disallowed because they only have custom move sets and no default.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Tengames posted:

senor cockonface

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

It's weird that you can't use Mii Fighters online because you can upload and share them with players you don't know who can download and play as them

If there was no online use for mii fighters at all it would make sense, or if everything was allowed with them it would make sense, but this half and half is just weird

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Seriously though who did they put in charge of policing Miiverse Stage posts? Did they not expect the wave of detailed penis drawings and 9/11 references? Why didn't they spend six months collecting GOOD miiverse drawings for it?

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

majormonotone posted:

If it was that they'd just make you use the default faces/have them show up as defaults on the other player's screen.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Kelp Plankton posted:

mii costumes are cool so if they don't want to make Shovel Knight an actual character it would be pretty rad to get a swordfighter mii outfit with a shovel and stuff rather than nothing

hell, they should do a set of indie game mii outfits like they did the fighting game ones. tekken and virtua fighter mii costumes got in even though those games have no other representation. shantae and shovel knight and the other weird requests could be a good big 3rd party mii outfit pack

A future Mii costume that's just the Crash Bandicoot guy costume from the old PSX ads even though there's no other Activision representation whatsoever in Smash.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Macaluso posted:

I am sorry you are bitter that good and fun characters are in this game. I hope that one day you will reconsider your choices, and embrace all Smash friends equally.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Skilled Plague Knight play looks really badass

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Kelp Plankton posted:

mii costumes are cool
:yikes:

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.

loudog999 posted:

Sounds like I'm going to go with Wii U, hopefully it at least has some cool uses for the gamepad. Thanks guys

If you read this before you move forward, know that the Wii U version got none of the DLC if you wanted to look into that and play the Mr. Freeze mission. Didn't get the multiplayer either, but I don't think anyone still plays that anyway.

Astro7x posted:

I personally think the Wii U version is great. It's honestly really nice being able to glance down at the map, tap the screen to set a waypoint, and be able to quickly navigate to that part of the city. On other versions I found my self constantly flipping back and forth between the game and the map to orientate myself.

I liked it for this stuff too - changing waypoints while you're mid glide above the city will never get old for me. But I was miffed that some of the more interesting Gamepad functions from the Wii U version of Arkham City didn't make it in.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Excels posted:

Seriously though who did they put in charge of policing Miiverse Stage posts? Did they not expect the wave of detailed penis drawings and 9/11 references? Why didn't they spend six months collecting GOOD miiverse drawings for it?

What's the easiest way to get snapshots from my Wii U to the internet because I have screencap proof that there are some extremely Cool and Good drawings on the stage already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Tender Bender posted:

What's the easiest way to get snapshots from my Wii U to the internet because I have screencap proof that there are some extremely Cool and Good drawings on the stage already.

Hit the Home button at the right time, use the U's Internet Explorer option, go to imgur, and upload a screenshot of whatever you paused at.

• Locked thread