Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

The "Almond Daily News" makes it potentially pretty self-aware.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

IT'S A loving EDIT

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Political Cartoons 2015: IT'S A loving EDIT

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Rorus Raz posted:

IT'S A loving EDIT

I thought that was the joke we were making.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

I Before E posted:

I thought that was the joke we were making.

gently caress man, who can even tell where self-awareness begins and ends anymore?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Rorus Raz posted:

IT'S A loving EDIT

Death of the author, motherfucker.

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

Lang goes all CounterThink on Charleston!

a fucker posted:

Many mass shooters have been heavily medicated with prescription drugs. Do those drugs play any role in their behavior or is it entirely attributed to the psychological condition which the drugs were intended to treat?

Hmm let me think about thiFUCK YOU

Hitler B. Natural fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Jun 30, 2015

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

zoux posted:

Death of the author, motherfucker.
But...political cartoons...:unsmigghh:

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

Hitler B. Natural posted:

Hmm let me think about thiFUCK YOU

But what about the obvious jump in violent crime when antidepressant medications become widely available in the late 80s/90s??

See? Clear as daylight!

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Abner Cadaver II posted:

But what about the obvious jump in violent crime when antidepressant medications become widely available in the late 80s/90s??

See? Clear as daylight!

Isn't that just indicative of better recording practices that came at the turn of the century?

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

Who cares about confusing mixed metaphors, someone just get me a big slice of GAY, please

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

Party Boat posted:

Did someone a while back say that they'd be interested in seeing Steve Bell's If... in the thread?
'Twas I, and thank you! :tipshat:

pwn fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Jun 30, 2015

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Well, you are in a Ramirez cartoon.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Mister Beeg posted:

Several LGBT cartoonists drew their take on the recent ruling. See all of them here

Some that I liked:

I like how Thomas is silent in this one.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Obama orders a box of fortune cookies, and closes his eyes as he unwraps a fortune.

"You've been hacked?" the paper says telepathically, a sympathetic tone evident.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Since the conservative response to the gay marriage ruling has largely been pissy and underwhelming, I'm posting last weeks cover art for the Weekly Standard.

nice to see the Gayroller2000 getting more work.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Rorus Raz posted:

Well, you are in a Ramirez cartoon.

There was something disturbingly familiar about the note on the desk. The handwriting was all randomly capitalized and red-text words.

"You're in a Ramirez cartoon, Max!"

The jumbled background washed the lies away. My whole life was just cross hatching, the word DEBT on every object. I was in a Ramirez cartoon. Funny as Hell, it was the most horrible thing I could think of.

EndOfTheWorld
Jul 22, 2004

I'm an excellent critic! I automatically know when someone's done a bad job. Before you ask, yes it's a mixed blessing.
Cybernetic Crumb

there wolf posted:

Since the conservative response to the gay marriage ruling has largely been pissy and underwhelming, I'm posting last weeks cover art for the Weekly Standard.

nice to see the Gayroller2000 getting more work.

Dom's Deli! The safeword is - Delicious!

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

You are the best

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Hitler B. Natural posted:

This reeks of the "NOBEL'S INVENTION OF DYNAMITE KILLS MILLIONS".

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Darkman Fanpage posted:

This reeks of the "NOBEL'S INVENTION OF DYNAMITE KILLS MILLIONS".

It's also kind of dumb because there are a poo poo load of people using antidepressants to become, you know, functional. They sure helped me recover from a bad dose of the crazy.

That's a common excuse used to "prove" that Big Pharma is hideously evil and knows that drugs turn people into murderers but don't care. You can pick pretty much any demographic at all and find at least one person in that group that did something hideous at some point. That does not mean that the entire demographic is evil. Granted this is also probably a case of looking at it the wrong way. The argument is "a person taking a mental health pill did something awful so it was obviously the mental health pill" instead of looking at it like people with some form of crazy are more likely to do these things but also more likely to be using said pills. It isn't the pills that is causing it.

Granted that also makes me think of the whole violent video games argument. Millions of people have played GTA games. If those games make people more violent why is violent crime still going down? If those games cause violence why does such a small percentage of people playing said games become murderers?

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Urge to use cheats to go on tank rampage.... rising....

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the Greek debt crisis – Greece is on the brink of default and insolvency as €240bn of bailout funding comes to an end, with the country either unable or refusing to make a €1.6bn payment to the International Monetary Fund"

Yesterday's Telegraph:

Asteroid Day

Telegraph:

Airports Commission report 'to back Heathrow runway'

Independent:

'Leap second' added for first time in three years

Times:

Yesterday's Mail:
Mac on... Sweltering temperatures at Wimbledon

:sun: Will soaring temperatures affect the tennis at Wimbledon? :supaburn:

[b]Mail:[b/]
Mac on...the Greek financial crisis

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3727758

A reminder that the Gay Abortions have begun! Get your nominations in before JRRose! is voted the worst!

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

The great thing about political cartoons is that they teach me stereotypes I didn't know before. Mayes almost always draws charactures with giant noses, but I think this is one of the first where he's drawn a generic nationality with a long pointy nose.

Oh, and we better put a Greek flag on his jacket because we only said "Greek" twice in the caption.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008
I wish

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Sweet to see the Laocoon group in a cartoon. But Laocoon was a Trojan! :hist101:

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Capt. Sticl posted:

Oh man. I have longed for a little cartoon boat captain as an avatar. Dread Pirate Bibbi is a great opportunity. I just have to come with the right tagline.

A true Swastbuckler!

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk

(by Dan Collins)

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

Cloud Potato posted:

[b]Mail:[b/]
Mac on...the Greek financial crisis

I'm not too savvy on the whole Greece situation, but I found this joke pretty cute.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Mister Beeg posted:

(by Dan Collins)

:kimchi:

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.

Mister Beeg posted:

(by Dan Collins)

Mass hysteria!

Mister Beeg
Sep 7, 2012

A Certified Jerk
Scott Stantis wrote a cartoon essay about flags and currencies. Check it out

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Weirdo posted:

I'm not too savvy on the whole Greece situation, but I found this joke pretty cute.

The short of it is that Greece was basically forced to take a poo poo load of sovereign debt and its economy is in shambles because of it. The country is broke and has no way to fix it. The rest of Europe gave them some help but now the rest of Europe is on the brink of kicking Greece out of the EU, forcing them to quit using the Euro, and just cutting them lose which would very likely have absolutely disastrous consequences for an already impoverished nation in a lovely situation and even worse consequences for the living, breathing people living there. Greece is basically being force to take the blame for some of the problems Europe is having right now. They're basically begging for help because they have literally no other options.

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Mister Beeg posted:

Goddamn, Stantis is so on point. Have his good and cool opinions been happening more and more frequently recently?

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Mister Beeg posted:

All this does is convince me we need to start a Hamilton on the $20 campaign.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

Mister Beeg posted:

It's okay. The opinions are quite good (I think? a little muddied/confusing?) but the execution is meh, not offensive or bad just meh. Stantis can turn out some good cartoons when he wants to, too.

Oh well, he's trying something new so good for him.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON
.......Did someone sneak in and flip the switch in Stantis brain to the "Not a shithead" position?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

If it's true that prickly city is mostly just Allie now, Stantis has long been the least shitheaded conservative cartoonist here other than perhaps JJROSE!. It all started when a while ago he wrote a thing about how he was wrong about gay marriage. Or maybe it started sooner idk, but that was a thing.

Basically I feel like he's a mild conservative, who is good at not getting caught up in stupid lovely rhetoric and hateful excitement over the latest conservative meme. He seems to actually evaluate his positions critically. Makes sense that someone who actually bothers to examine their own position critically would quickly come around on poo poo like gay rights, the confederate flag, and Andrew Jackson being a fucker.

I'd get a beer with Stantis. :cheers:

• Locked thread