Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
FWIW the multi-missile special attack absolutely loving obliterates the tank boss fights. It also ruins Scarecrow's day in the City of Fear AR challenges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Beef Chief posted:

I haven't seen him yet, but I legit stopped right after I beat the Knight in terms of main story stuff. I've heard the Militia mooks mention him, but I was just curious.

Start taking out militia poo poo, and instead of Knight whining, it's Slade.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's cool

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

gently caress that can i rescue catwoman without all of them?

Yes. Finishing the actual questline takes you to about 66% and rescues Catwoman.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I hated both (all three?) Knight boss fights and wish the tank ones didn't exist and that the sniper one was just a hand-to-hand. I really like the batmobile but hate the stealth poo poo.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

JetsGuy posted:

Red Hood being in the game not withstanding, I do love how Arkham games have little bits of minor characters all over. In Asylum, these were largely only references, but I like how in City you got to fight minor villains and poo poo. Mad Hatter was one of my favorite examples of this. His poo poo in City was fun.

Yeah, but I think maybe Pyg is a bit too obscure. Maybe it's also the fact that he feels less like a Batman villain and more a character from season 4 of Hannibal.

poptart_fairy posted:

FWIW the multi-missile special attack absolutely loving obliterates the tank boss fights. It also ruins Scarecrow's day in the City of Fear AR challenges.

Not quite as much as just training the Vulcan on him.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fulchrum posted:

Yeah, but I think maybe Pyg is a bit too obscure. Maybe it's also the fact that he feels less like a Batman villain and more a character from season 4 of Hannibal.

He's acceptable for children. :colbert:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Pyg was also in the most recent Batman cartoon, Beware the Batman.

Like almost everyone else in Beware the Batman, he was almost unrecognizable to his comic counterpart and really bad.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I really like how Pyg's face looks, all stretched and taut but wrinkling and bunching up along the uh, edges every time he talks or expresses emotion.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Funky Valentine posted:

Pyg was also in the most recent Batman cartoon, Beware the Batman.

Like almost everyone else in Beware the Batman, he was almost unrecognizable to his comic counterpart and really bad.

For me, the weirdest thing about that show was Deathstroke having two eyes.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Beef Chief posted:

I would love to hear Joker's comments on the Riddler, but I also don't wan to loving gather 300 Riddler trophies since I want to be done with this game at some point in my lifetime.

Like 80 of them are actual puzzles that will take you maybe 2 minutes a pop, another hundred are "go to map marker, collect doodad, number goes up", 40 or so of the 'take a picture of this thing related to the Batman character clearly mentioned in the clue" and then there's a couple of races and 'shoot X things'.

The amount of whining this creates baffles me. Like, the feathers in Assassin's Creed 2, I get, there's no in-game map of them, so you either scour the map by hand or find a walkthrough. Rocksteady GIVE YOU THE WALKTHROUGH with the Riddler goons. Just slap on a podcast or audiobook and it'll take like 2-3 hours, and you can fight dudes and do other poo poo in between.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Some of the pictures you need to take aren't available until certain points late in the main game. Some trophies aren't accessible until way late in the main game.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
My only "real" issue with Riddler trophies is that you can't have them highlighted on the mini-map. I dislike having to keep jumping into the main map screen just to make sure I'm looking in the right direction.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Fulchrum posted:

He's one of the more memorable Batman villains created in the past decade or so (along with the Owls and Doctor Hurt), he's just not had much exposure outside the comics. He couldn't work as a primary antagonist (in the same way that Hatter couldn't), but he's good for this.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
When I started playing the game my thoughts were along the lines of 'Scarecrow and Knight look awesome, I hope Joker doesnt gently caress this up' and towards the end it completely flipped to 'I wish Knight and Scarecrow would just gently caress off so I can get more Joker'. What a wild ride, the late game batmobile sections can go gently caress themselves though. They were not terribly hard, just dull as gently caress.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

poptart_fairy posted:

My only "real" issue with Riddler trophies is that you can't have them highlighted on the mini-map. I dislike having to keep jumping into the main map screen just to make sure I'm looking in the right direction.

you can if you are outside and have beaten the location out of a riddler informant.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I'll take more of any Mark Hamill Joker I can get.

The Arkham Knight is the weakest part of this game for me. It's a real loving shame they wasted his sweet suit design on such a bitch made character.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Flytrap posted:

Wasn't that the Kate Kane or something? I think she said something about her marriage to another woman, and Kate is the only gay Batgirl. (And I think she calls herself Batwoman? And is technically dissociated with Bruce or something? It's been a while, I may be mixing characters together at this point.)

So THAT'S why The Question wasn't helping, she was out of town for her wedding.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Fulchrum posted:

So THAT'S why The Question wasn't helping, she was out of town for her wedding.

...Oh yeah Question's Renee Montoya now. I forgot.

Dammit.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

ImpAtom posted:

Deathstroke basically replaces the Arkham Knight in the post-game. Joker has some really funny dialogue for certain sidequests but it isn't the end of the world.

His comment about batman beating up Riddler and humiliating him for his own amusement rather than because he's dangerous was one of his best lines.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ayn rand hand job posted:

In New Game+ I will resolve to be nice to Azreal and Owens so they can get the help they need
Who is Owens?

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jul 1, 2015

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

i like how batman just tosses a bunch of goobers in a cage with a murderous plastic surgeon and potentially a fanatical religious knight in full armor over the course of the game. some of those dudes are just straight going to die. two face probably makes it out with a much prettier second face though.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I wonder if the cops treat the holding cell like a movie and are constantly making popcorn in anticipation of Slade bludgeoning Pyg to death with the Penguin.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Real hurthling! posted:

i like how batman just tosses a bunch of goobers in a cage with a murderous plastic surgeon and potentially a fanatical religious knight in full armor over the course of the game. some of those dudes are just straight going to die. two face probably makes it out with a much prettier second face though.

Also an insane human sacrificing cult leader, a CEO, a firechief (Who people keep calling a LEO) and a serial arsonist who is wearing a gasmask in lockup.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Real hurthling! posted:

I don't think Pyg is much threat without a knife, and the Deacon can keep Azrael in line. Honestly the big threat there is Deathstroke, since he should be able to tear off that door and kill everyone in GCPD with his bare hands. They didn't even take off his armor.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Fulchrum posted:

Who is Owens?

The tutorial cop you play as. His plot has two paths depending on what you did in the first portion of gameplay.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Fulchrum posted:

Who is Owens?

I am figuring the cop from the opening dinner. Shooting someone while under the fear effect does change the dialog about him.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

...Oh yeah Question's Renee Montoya now. I forgot.

Dammit.

Actually, no, he's not. For some dumb reason they decided to make the Question a faceless white dude again AND make him some kind of mythical EEEEEVIL guy who was punished by losing his identity.

Also, Kate Kane's marrying her girlfriend from her comic, Maggie Sawyer (a Metropolis and Gotham cop from the comics, who was kind of Batwoman's Jim Gordon, just they made the sexual tension explicit). A storyline that was nixed by DC not only after the writer and artist had done the engagement issue, but I believe they'd started working on the wedding story. Then DC had to hastily explain that they're totally cool with marriage equality, they don't want ANY of their characters getting hitched because marriage ends all conflict and story opportunity and makes you instantly into an old fogey that no-one can relate t- wait, where're you going?

Edit: Oh, and in one more bit of comicschat, someone earlier commented that it was weird that RoboBat from the current books caused Gordon to shave his moustache. The most recent issue of Batgirl has Barbara instantly freaked out on seeing her dad without it, and begging him to grow it back.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Jul 1, 2015

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

*Batman returns to the GCPD with...I dunno, Anarky maybe, in tow*

Batman: Cash, I found a new cellmate for -

*Batman stops*

*the cops have turned the holding cell into a Mad Max thunderdome*

*Two-Face is in a gimp suit trying to choke Blackfire with a $2 bill*

Cops: DYING TIME DYING TIME DYING TIME

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

poptart_fairy posted:

The tutorial cop you play as. His plot has two paths depending on what you did in the first portion of gameplay.

Really? Wait, what do you have to do to get him locked up? Cause I definitely shot someone and he was only being talked to in a different cell, then they let him out.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Fulchrum posted:

Really? Wait, what do you have to do to get him locked up? Cause I definitely shot someone and he was only being talked to in a different cell, then they let him out.

He gets locked up regardless due to being under the effects of the toxin, but if you went on a shooting spree while controlling him he'll be constantly down on himself even after recovering and being let out. He can't look his son in the eye, can't focus on his work and is always thinking about the people he killed. It's implied he's going to leave the force if not outright top himself due to the guilt. :smith:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

poptart_fairy posted:

He gets locked up regardless due to being under the effects of the toxin, but if you went on a shooting spree while controlling him he'll be constantly down on himself even after recovering and being let out. He can't look his son in the eye, can't focus on his work and is always thinking about the people he killed. It's implied he's going to leave the force if not outright top himself due to the guilt. :smith:

He has a really sad story if you scan the Totally-Not-Statue-of-Liberty.

He really should've stayed in Keystone.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

poptart_fairy posted:

Yeah, that sounds like what he did. drat, I thought I did all the good things.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
He kinda brought it on himself, honestly. Dude wanted to move to GOTHAM when he used to be a beat cop in the Flash's city. That's like saying "hmm, I don't get punched in the dick enough, I should do something about that"

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Funky Valentine posted:

He has a really sad story if you scan the Totally-Not-Statue-of-Liberty.

He really should've stayed in Keystone.

Batman wasn't fast enough. :smith:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
IMO, this game starts off on the wrong foot by not letting you taze the obnoxious shitheel who sends you over to check out the smoker in the first place.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Of course Americans would take issue with indoor smoking laws. :smug:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

To be fair the guy isn't smoking. His entire backpack is.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

poptart_fairy posted:

Kinda glad I fired most of the shots in the air when the guy was grabbing me. And the only person killed was the guy choking him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I mashed R to try to get away and wasted all my shots thankfully.

• Locked thread