Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

14 INCH SLIT posted:

Holy poo poo this is how bad my job is.

If they made one for CarX I would wear it every day...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005
Is that all they're worth? Man I want one.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Ormy posted:

Is that all they're worth? Man I want one.

It seems the guy just wants rid of it, I've been keeping an eye on the price since this thread and they tend to go for 2500+ so this one appears to be a bargain but it's in the arse end of nowhere in Ireland which doesn't help matters.

If I wasn't just about to move I'd consider a long weekend to see it at least.

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005

88h88 posted:

It seems the guy just wants rid of it, I've been keeping an eye on the price since this thread and they tend to go for 2500+ so this one appears to be a bargain but it's in the arse end of nowhere in Ireland which doesn't help matters.

If I wasn't just about to move I'd consider a long weekend to see it at least.

Yeah I saw it was forever away. If I didn't have a cast on my foot I'd probably take a swing too.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Ormy posted:

Yeah I saw it was forever away. If I didn't have a cast on my foot I'd probably take a swing too.

I'm in Texas, tell me again about long drives on your little island :v:

E: I remember top gear drove from london to the top of scotland and it took 8 hours, I believe.

I can drive 8 hours from Houston, through Dallas up IH 45 and still be in Texas. I can drive for a day Westbound to El-Paso, and still be in Texas.

Texas is big, yall :clint:

So stop being lazy and go look at it. You have trains and poo poo to get there if you don't want to drive, right?

BloodBag fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Jun 23, 2015

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr

Lightbulb Out posted:

I don't know how anyone can stand that atrocity of fonts.
There's what, 4 or 5 on there? :lol:

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

BloodBag posted:

E: I remember top gear drove from london to the top of scotland and it took 8 hours, I believe.

I can drive 8 hours from Houston, through Dallas up IH 45 and still be in Texas. I can drive for a day Westbound to El-Paso, and still be in Texas.

So stop being lazy and go look at it. You have trains and poo poo to get there if you don't want to drive, right?

The ferry ride across the Irish sea is the main obstacle.
Easy to get over but a bit of a pain to go to see a car that probably won't be bought.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

BloodBag posted:

That's nothing. I can get in most of my cars and drive in a straight line from sunup until sundown and not even reach the edge of my property.

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

kastein posted:

That's nothing. I can get in most of my cars and drive in a straight line from sunup until sundown and not even reach the edge of my property.

I had a car like that once.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Twerk from Home posted:

:v:

corgski
Feb 6, 2007

Silly goose, you're here forever.

Twerk from Home posted:

I have three of them. Two of them even have tires.

Bass Ackwards
Nov 14, 2003

Anything can be used as a hammer if you try hard enough.

Simplify and add simulated woodgrain trim.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Hey man according to my research that's the deluxe export trim like mine, the standard base Japan only model had a black dash, no wood grain, and also no exterior chrome.

Milestone! Passed 10k in the civic since installing the odometer, extrapolating ownership time versus driving style I'm around 15k miles. And this October will make 2 years of ownership, thus becoming the longest time I have ever personally owned a vehicle without selling it. I love Little Civic, and Little Civic loves Me.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

14 INCH SLIT posted:

I love Little Civic, and Little Civic loves Me.

Don't go tempting fate like that!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I'very put more miles on the Civic than any other car I've ever owned azide from my '88 325ic, which I sold after 19,000 miles to finance the aquisition of Lowered Expectations. I'm actually impressed that for something actually 40 years old it has been such a trooper. Yes it's left me stranded a few times, but what 40 year old car doesn't on occasion?

este
Feb 17, 2004

Boing!
Dinosaur Gum
One that doesn't run at all :v:

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Twerk from Home posted:

I have a quarter acre lot :v::hf::v:

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

kastein posted:

I have a quarter acre lot :v::hf::v:

You need to make louder vroom noises.

Lathespin.gif
May 19, 2005
Pillbug
what how did this get here

Lathespin.gif fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jun 25, 2015

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
What, bitches.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

14 INCH SLIT posted:

What, bitches.

:stare: Are you...towing that Talon?

edit: up an incline?!

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
2, actually.

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Magnus Praeda posted:

:stare: Are you...towing that Talon?

edit: up an incline?!

A garage door opener makes more average horsepower over the course of its life than a DSM.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Seat Safety Switch posted:

A garage door opener makes more average horsepower over the course of its life than a DSM.

I was more amazed by the abilities of TinyCivic than with the unreliability of a DSM. I mean, I guess I knew it was tiny, but I didn't expect it to have the powers of AntMan because of it.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Magnus Praeda posted:

I was more amazed by the abilities of TinyCivic than with the unreliability of a DSM. I mean, I guess I knew it was tiny, but I didn't expect it to have the powers of AntMan because of it.

Behold, the Little Engine That Could.

Talon number 2 was the parts car, so some liberties wr're taken such as having half the reccomended number of control arm and steering rack bolts fully tightened, and a damaged tie rod end that in theory should make it 2 blocks with just a cotter pin (it did)

https://youtu.be/gCZbEKsMEQA

https://youtu.be/tlI6xhzz2HI

https://youtu.be/L8La3VzZhi8

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
"It's actually working!"
*ominous creaking noises*

clam ache
Sep 6, 2009

:boom:

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

loving :vince:

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

BloodBag posted:

Yeah, I used to own a terrible car like that too.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

HotCanadianChick posted:

Yeah, I used to own a terrible car like that too.

Hey man, nobody told me that mazda proteges suck butt, okay?

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I have Obscenely Sweaty Hands

https://youtu.be/IJn8sEkFipU

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

14 INCH SLIT posted:

I have Obscenely Sweaty Hands

https://youtu.be/IJn8sEkFipU

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002
Looks about like what happens anytime I wear latex or nitrile gloves. I have a box of them ostensibly for wearing when I work on my poo poo, but I always end up tearing them off after five minutes because I'd rather have gear oil and grease on my hands than sweat rolling down my arms from inside the gloves.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

BloodBag posted:

fight me motherfucker

Kia Soul Enthusias
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom
Toilet Rascal

BloodBag posted:

No they don't. Well, maybe the third gens do.

Slung Blade
Jul 11, 2002

IN STEEL WE TRUST

Looks about the same when I take my gloves off.

Seat safety switch can vouch for that.

Squishy high five, sweaty hands bro.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

I just say gently caress OSHA and take them off. Probably why my hands look like I got in a fight with a badger.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Enourmo posted:

fight me motherfucker

I had two of them and liked them(2002, 2003.5), there's no fight here Holmes. Lots of goons say the FS-DE is a sweaty turd though. I thought it was okay, but I came from an 89 camry with a 3S-FE paintshaker.

8ender
Sep 24, 2003

clown is watching you sleep

BloodBag posted:

I had two of them and liked them(2002, 2003.5), there's no fight here Holmes. Lots of goons say the FS-DE is a sweaty turd though. I thought it was okay, but I came from an 89 camry with a 3S-FE paintshaker.

It's not so much a bad engine as one with no potential and some poor design. Mazda was getting everything they could out of that lump and it was a generally noisy and not very fun engine.

I owned a Protege5 and always felt that Mazda missed their chance to put a warmed up BP engine in it and make a great hot hatch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
I love how after towing 2 vehicles with my shoebox of a car with a whopping 53hp SAE gross when new, people decide protg chat is more interesting :v:

• Locked thread