Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

oh yeah, the "tension" buzzword

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just think it would be cool to stab a guy and then angle him off of a large building

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
I think if you can throw a dude 4 ft diagonally instead of 4 ft directly back, it will ruin the epic gamefeel. It'll make me emotionally disengage from the cinematic experience.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
it's cheesy and doesn't fit in the game at all

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Fighting rom in a basement is much more difficult

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
I felt the opposite. you can just use the pillars to hide behind during his ice shard attacks. you do have to kill all the spiders though cause they pile up in the small area unlike irl rom

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

She keeps one shotting me with the doggy roll and I don't know how because it never hit me once in the big room

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

apropos to nothing posted:

I felt the opposite. you can just use the pillars to hide behind during his ice shard attacks. you do have to kill all the spiders though cause they pile up in the small area unlike irl rom

I didn't kill any spiders in the indoor fight because I was way higher level than when I first fought rom and if you just focus on her you can beat her in about 30 seconds

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tips for indoor room: don't use lock on, learn the audio cues for off screen spider attacks, use beast pellet, ????, profit.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

I didn't kill any spiders in the indoor fight because I was way higher level than when I first fought rom and if you just focus on her you can beat her in about 30 seconds

I'm using a Ludwigs +9 @level 80 and I'm only doing like 40%
Of her health in phase 1. I've never used beast pellets I should try that. Also my insighT is at 99 is that making stuff harder

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Insight makes you more susceptible to frenzy but that's it in terms of difficulty, it does other stuff to how the game world looks and you can hear bosses whisper to you at really high insight iirc

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
0 insight makes the witches a cakewalk

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i sort of wish high insight unlocked more secrets

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
If you do hemwick charnel lane before Amelia while it's still light out, the shadow women giant things don't spawn outside of the actual boss

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
If you kill patches before nightmare frontier, he still is up on that cliff :tinfoil:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

gently caress. marry. t-rex posted:

If you kill patches before nightmare frontier, he still is up on that cliff :tinfoil:

:dogbutton:

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

30 player levels and a +9 and I still can't beat Chikage hunter

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I tried the cheese method but it was not honorable (and it doesn't really work anymor ")

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
higher insight will also make enemies and bosses more difficult, it adds moves to their moveset that they dont do at lower levels. I think around 15 or 20 is when they start to get tougher. and yea chikage hunter is super tough, I've died more to him than gehrmann.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

If you do hemwick charnel lane before Amelia while it's still light out, the shadow women giant things don't spawn outside of the actual boss

its one of the nicest looking places during the daytime, its great

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
i think the big soot monsters only spawn with 15+ insight, but ive only been through there once at night so who knows

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i've never seen big soot monsters in hemwick, although both times i did it was before killing amelia, and i've never bothered to go back

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
what are they called? i want to take a look at them on the wiki

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

what are they called? i want to take a look at them on the wiki

Idk what they're called but it's the guys the witches summon during the fight. They will spawn in all over the freaking place and make the area slightly harder, think it adds 5 or 6 of them to the level

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
It's the black tall scythe ladies the witches spawn during the boss.

There are a few spots in hemwick that spawn them as a one time thing.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The worst part is that one spawn right at the top of the elevator shortcut, so if you go up that elevator a soot monster will spawn and begin attacking you as soon as the elevator reaches the top. Freaked me out when it happened. There will also be an amygdala at that elevator who will grab you during night time

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
The specific ones I remember are in that clearing with crows at the top of the areas elevator, and inside the barn on your way to unlock the metal gate

E:

quote:

There will also be an amygdala at that elevator who will grab you during night time

Really? Wtf

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
awesome. i'm going to have to kill amy first on my next playthrough

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The specific ones I remember are in that clearing with crows at the top of the areas elevator, and inside the barn on your way to unlock the metal gate

E:

Really? Wtf

Yah, if it's night and you hang out by the bottom of the elevator it will show up.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I'm at the first lamp in nightmare of menses and I can't go ten steps without getting frenzied. Should I dump some of my insight?

Edit never mind apparently I can just run through

Unexpected Raw Anime fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Jun 30, 2015

Dec 26, 2012

Benny D posted:

30 player levels and a +9 and I still can't beat Chikage hunter

i beat him on my most recent run with the spear rifle + threaded cane. be patient and anticipate when he shoots at you

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax

Actually they do, they just spawn when you have 20 insight which you probably wont before you beat amelia unless you ng+

THE PENETRATOR
Jul 27, 2014

by Lowtax
Source: i killed witches first on ng+

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Benny D posted:

I'm using a Ludwigs +9 @level 80 and I'm only doing like 40%
Of her health in phase 1. I've never used beast pellets I should try that. Also my insighT is at 99 is that making stuff harder

how the hell did you do nightmare of mensis with 99 insight

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
other than a challenge run, i don't think you get anything from insight other than slight variations on enemies and being extremely vulnerable to brain ladies. buy some bolt paper d00d

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

NickRoweFillea posted:

It's actually not bad once you get in the front door- well getting to mother brain sucks too but yeah

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

NickRoweFillea posted:

Ts annoying but ive never done it with lower insight so I have nothing to compare it to

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I keep getting Chikage hunter low and then I do something dumb and die. I just wanna buy cool daggers but I want to finish her quest line 😑

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

NickRoweFillea posted:

You just need to stick one of the anti frenzy runes in and you're good to go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

Benny D posted:

I keep getting Chikage hunter low and then I do something dumb and die. I just wanna buy cool daggers but I want to finish her quest line 😑

don't lose heart, you'll beat him. I believe in you