Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Just checked a replay. New defenses don't even show up. So never count on them to fill an important gap. This could be why I have seen puddles of water in the middle of bases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Or because people want a pond or a tempting spawn point for attackers.

Dirigibleful
Mar 29, 2014

Hi, I just joined LLJK and my in game name is Dirigibleful

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
Gonna post this again for the new page:

You're on the list to come on over Carcer. Also mentioned this in the chat.

Also, there are a couple guys in LLJK with SA in their name that have never posted in the match. You should post in the thread.

Current list:
these players are eligible for transfer from LLJK:

4 Kanimas
8 Tortoiseshell Tom
17 Stringbean
20 Dread Pirate Rob
23 EdrinShrike
24 Lastbil
33 Carcer
36 Finagle
38 cptn mudduck

First people to transfer before we're full again get the spots.

Looks like we'll have another 2 spots opening up in a few days. We'll expand the list then.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Rvt you can kick crazy land from 2poor. Got bored. Thanks.

Apogee15
Jun 16, 2013
I just noticed I now have the most pirate donations received, but I'm only 5th in how many are donated =(

Oops. Donating is hard.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
Ok friends, here is a big list of transfer eligible people.

To be very clear about this, LLJK is the overflow guild. 2poor4gems is the main guild with a bunch of PH8s and PH7s where you requests will be filled quickly and the perks are always funded. Once there is enough room, LLJK will completely fold into 2poor.

2poor has 5-7 spots right now. Check that there is a spot before you come over. If 2poor has an empty spot, and your name is on this list, come on over.

4 Kanimas
24 Lastbil
33 Carcer
36 Finagle
39 slouch [SA]*
42 Aleth
44 Koa the Cat
45 Bradsta
46 Temujin
48 Raxor
49 Brovine
50 Kino
51 Rob M Blind
52 Arus
53 Khako
55 Northjayhawk

* need a post from you in the thread still.

2poor is taking a night off rumbles. So, come on over soon and get in our next one.

Apogee15 posted:

I just noticed I now have the most pirate donations received, but I'm only 5th in how many are donated =(

Oops. Donating is hard.

We're not super strict on the donation stuff. As long as your received doesn't get crazy high over your donated, it's fine. At 1,300+ donated, you're good.

That said, fill requests whenever you can. It makes everyone's experience better! And if your received does get too high above your donated, you'll start getting called out in guild chat. It's only happened a couple times, so you probably don't have to worry about this.

RVT fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Jun 19, 2015

Northjayhawk
Mar 8, 2008

by exmarx
Sweet, I just now applied to transfer over to 2poor

Finagle
Feb 18, 2007

Looks like we have a neighsayer
:toot: Grabbing one of those 2poor transfer spots!

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.
Great, just sent a request (temujin).

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
2poor accepted 7 transfers last night / this morning. We are back to full.

Watch this space for more openings soon.

Finagle
Feb 18, 2007

RVT posted:

2poor accepted 7 transfers last night / this morning. We are back to full.

Watch this space for more openings soon.

Joining 2poor has changed my life. I feel like a smarter, more confident and attractive person. Don't wait, join today!**

**today meaning when there are openings again

Dirigibleful
Mar 29, 2014

This game is pretty fun though I'm not sure I'm doing it right :dance:

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
You're spamming out attacks and looting the crap out of people so yes, you're doing it right.

Dirigibleful
Mar 29, 2014

I don't win much though :(

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
Drop some Pirate Rank if you want to win battles. Unless you're trying to win a rumble, winning really isn't important though. Looting the satan out of people and keeping your builders busy all the time is the important thing in the early game.

Once all your builders are busy, don't some rank and mash nubs 5 times an hour to be a rumble super star.

And at PH7/8 with your troops decently upgraded, you'll pick bases with big loot that you crush for 3 stars every time.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
After the last exodus LLJK is really struggling in rumbles due to the lack of actives. Do the goons still there want to keep on with the daily rumbles? I mean, we're currently struggling to hang on to 4th against a guild with 2 actives to put this in perspective.

Dirigibleful
Mar 29, 2014

RVT posted:

Drop some Pirate Rank if you want to win battles. Unless you're trying to win a rumble, winning really isn't important though. Looting the satan out of people and keeping your builders busy all the time is the important thing in the early game.

Once all your builders are busy, don't some rank and mash nubs 5 times an hour to be a rumble super star.

And at PH7/8 with your troops decently upgraded, you'll pick bases with big loot that you crush for 3 stars every time.

thanks,

Aleth posted:

After the last exodus LLJK is really struggling in rumbles due to the lack of actives. Do the goons still there want to keep on with the daily rumbles? I mean, we're currently struggling to hang on to 4th against a guild with 2 actives to put this in perspective.

if it's just going to drain you of gems, there doesn't seem to be much point, a couple of people can only do so much

trashcangammy
Jul 31, 2012
Has anyone ever tried a maze layout with their walls, so that invaders zigzag back and forward before reaching the base centre? How did it go? The pathfinding in this game seems a bit lovely so I'm thinking it might just work.

Even at PH7 I'm having a bit of trouble protecting my base against high levels. Even without their doing anything fancy they seem to just have enough to power through defences. I think I'll have to try something a bit more clever to funnel them into killzones.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
At PH7 upwards I believe you can start doing the double wall defence where you try funnel the attackers in to one end, something kind of like this one:

The idea being the AI won't attack the sides because it detects the two layers of wall as well as getting diverted to the outer edge buildings thanks to the beach made from decorations. If you attack either other end you've got the PH or ship to get through with the PH covered by the ground pounder and shitloads of fire either way.

elvie
Jan 17, 2009
Those goons that are still in LLJK rumbling we really need to find them room in 2poor.

I see we still have one in 2poor who has never rumbled.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

So I am no longer getting push notifications for upgrades being done, or training being complete. Did I turn them off accidentally?

Dirigibleful
Mar 29, 2014

It's a little frustrating when you know if just 2 or three more people participated you'd get at least third place rather than fourth :(

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

Dirigibleful posted:

It's a little frustrating when you know if just 2 or three more people participated you'd get at least third place rather than fourth :(

Yup, that's why I haven't kicked off another LLJK rumble yet until I get a bit more feedback. We have a handful of us who are on regularly enough to get a couple of wins at least but we also have a lot who either haven't been on for a while or only seem to be on every few days with a lot of our points actually coming from low level pubs recently.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
What troops are worth using and upgrading? Gunners and Brutes are great. Most of the time my army (at 60 slots) is just 8 brutes and 28 gunners. When I get bored, I will do 5 brutes, 5 juggernauts, 5 bombers and 20 gunners. The juggernauts disarm is fantastic, and I find having them with the brutes on the initial push works nicely if the brutes are going to be distracted by non-defensive buildings. The bombers are higher DPS than the gunners, but what I really kike them for is their wall breaking utility and the insane charge they do when they aren't attacking something.

I leveled up the sky raiders (mostly for hunting ghost ships) but find them underwhelming in raids. The shoot while falling was a big disappointment. They soak up some hits and if deployed well will take out a cannon or whatever.

Witch Doctors need to be heavily upgraded to be worth it. I like the donated one (thanks!) and I am slowly upgrading mine (just finished voodoo hut 3).

Anything else I should waste grog on? Heavy Gunners? Priestess? Skellywags? Thieves? (lol jk)

RVT
Nov 5, 2003

gromdul posted:

What troops are worth using and upgrading?

Gunners and Brutes like you noted, plus Juggs and WDs. My current army comp is 7 Brutes, 4 Juggs, 1 WD, 23 Gunners, all maxed except I dodged 1 garbage upgrade on the WD.

Some people like Skellywags and Sky Raiders, I don't. Heavy Gunners are really expensive and fragile, and are kinda crap even for me at the moment. I'm working to get the last 2 range upgrades, which should hopefully make them really good. It's going to be a few weeks though.

Priestesses and Thieves are near useless.

Definitely prioritize Gunners, Brutes, Juggs, and WDs, in that order probably.

RVT fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Jun 23, 2015

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
Some chatter from the devs on the official forums about the coming updates that I dug out of the official forums:

Midoki posted:

June 5 2015

As mentioned previously, there are future plans to allow tavern queueing, separate crew recruitment for exploration (no more accidentally jettisoning your crew into the sea due to a full tavern), plus some tweaks to recruitment times and costs.

Midoki posted:

June 19 2015

Again, I really, really can't give dates, as some stuff gets moved around quite a bit due to a variety of reasons (plus we've learned from past experience generates a lot of bad feeling on the forum and really quite abusive emails and PMs, heh - not everyone appreciates that there can be delays outside of our control!). But, that said...

Over the next few months there will be:

a new PH with a couple of new defences in addition to extra levels and extra units of existing defences
Additional single player events
A new exploration map
A major new feature
A few new smaller features
Continuing improvements to existing features and general bug fixes

[DISCLAIMER!] ABOVE IS NOT A COMPREHENSIVE LIST, NOR NECESSARILY IN THE CHRONOLOGICAL ORDER OF PLANNED RELEASE! [/DISCLAIMER!]

Beyond that and going into next year, there's a new competitive guild feature planned, along with a feature that ties in with the previously mentioned major new feature. There's lots of stuff coming up!

They also said something about adding a rank between Captain and First Mate that could also start rumbles or something, I think.

RVT fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jun 24, 2015

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Interesting, some nice looking stuff in that list.

RVT
Nov 5, 2003
PH9 just announced "coming soon in the next update!"

Check the news tab in the game.

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Ha, just as I finish my PH7 upgrade, too.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
RafzaSA just joined LLJK, I'm a scrub newbie

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
I miss 2poor

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Let me in to 2poor. No one is playing in lljk

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Most of the active LLJK rumblers these days are the drat pubs. :(

elvie
Jan 17, 2009
Word on the street is that 2poor might be having a clean out of non-rumblers.
We seem to have a few (a lot)

Dirigibleful
Mar 29, 2014

Aleth posted:

Most of the active LLJK rumblers these days are the drat pubs. :(

Sorry haven't been able to the last few days been busy

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug
Don't worry about it, you've been one of the more active rumblers lately anyway!

Finagle
Feb 18, 2007

elvie posted:

Word on the street is that 2poor might be having a clean out of non-rumblers.
We seem to have a few (a lot)

How do you define non-rumblers?

I have been super active lately due just being busy, but I try to take part in one at least a couple times. Hope that's enough!

Trampus
Sep 28, 2001

It's too damn hot for a penguin to be just walkin' around here.

Finagle posted:

How do you define non-rumblers?

I have been super active lately due just being busy, but I try to take part in one at least a couple times. Hope that's enough!

There's like 20 people who don't even attack once so I think you're okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rapner
May 7, 2013

Feel free to remove me from 2poor, the game has gotten super boring at high TH.

• Locked thread