Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

H.P. Shivcraft posted:

Anyway, it still seems that there's going to be a Vriska/Caliborn or LE smackdown, since one other thing to keep in mind is that LE's overcoat appears to be a version of Vriska/Mindfang's pirate coat, and we have yet to see how that happens (apart from Kurloz stealing Vriska's coat in a prior brief flash).

Oh, I missed that! Nice catch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

WAR FOOT posted:

https://www.tumblr.com/search/Vriska/recent

Is there an emoticon for sitting in a smoking jacket, savoring a glass of fine wine? Because that is how I feel right now.

I like the Kanaya gimmick poster near the top of the page

quote:

If Meenah Adds Onto Vriskas Rant I Will Personally Step Into Homestuck And Destroy Her

We Must Defend Vriska (Vriska) At All Costs

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

Nephthys posted:

Caliborn got the house juju from killing Yodelbutt, not Vriska.

Maybe Yakbroth is Vriska????????

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

The funny part is Vriska thinking she's grown as a person, when in fact she's literally the same rear end in a top hat she's always been. The only difference is people either don't engage her or know how to shut her down (see: Egbert PUNCH), which I guess leads her to believe she's somehow less of a contentious jerk.

Meenah appears to still be a bit of a jerk too, based on what I think is about to happen!

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Surprised nobody's realized what's definitely going to happen next: after Meenah dumps (Vriska), Andrew Hussie is gonna pick her up on the rebound.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Cabbit posted:

The funny part is Vriska thinking she's grown as a person, when in fact she's literally the same rear end in a top hat she's always been. The only difference is people either don't engage her or know how to shut her down (see: Egbert PUNCH), which I guess leads her to believe she's somehow less of a contentious jerk.

Meenah appears to still be a bit of a jerk too, based on what I think is about to happen!

Meenah's always been a jerk, we just give her a pass because her inclusion and continued relevance keeps literally every person born under Pisces from complaining about Hussie victimizing them personally through Feferi's lack of screen time.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I don't get why Meenah would be a jerk for splitting with someone she has clearly lost interest in. I think it was bound to happen, based on their last updates, but this just solidified it.

frozentreasure
Nov 13, 2012

~

Izzhov posted:

Surprised nobody's realized what's definitely going to happen next: after Meenah dumps (Vriska), Andrew Hussie is gonna pick her up on the rebound.

Oh yeah, I did have that in mind while I was catching up on the thread, but the posts supporting Vriska tearing someone down for literally zero valid reason bored me into forgetting all about it by the time I got to the end.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

WAR FOOT posted:

I don't get why Meenah would be a jerk for splitting with someone she has clearly lost interest in. I think it was bound to happen, based on their last updates, but this just solidified it.

Because folks who understand how interpersonal relationships work know that now isn't exactly the best time. Like, at least give (Vriska) some time to cool off from this encounter.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

I skimmed those pages the first time and couldn't make myself read them closely the second time. Just *ouch*. Not because I identify with Vriska, but because that kind of emotional cruelty is hard to watch.

When I was watching the upd8, as opposed to the Vriska, tag on Tumblr, most of the posts I saw were "oh, my God, that hurt"; there were very few "How dare Hussie defame Vriska like that?!?!?" posts.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Nephthys posted:

Caliborn got the house juju from killing Yodelbutt, not Vriska.

But Vriska has the juju.

Maybe Gamzee jumps her, kills her, and hands it off to Yugiohborat?

That is definitely the Juju box. Something is up.

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

WAR FOOT posted:

It's because this is a really bad time for it to happen. Meenah probably should have had the talk that's coming with (Vriska) a while ago if she was bored with the relationship, but it's too late and now (Vriska) is in a very emotionally vulnerable state after that savage verbal assault and battery Vriska committed and Meenah breaking up with her is gonna put (Vriska) over the edge in a real bad way, which is a super hosed up thing to do.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
"Well I figure you can't go and kill yourself, so here's more poo poo to the pile."

Vriska is great. Not because of herself but because of what she brings out in people.

Why is everything always so wonderful

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Plom Bar posted:

Because folks who understand how interpersonal relationships work know that now isn't exactly the best time. Like, at least give (Vriska) some time to cool off from this encounter.

Well, if Meenah agrees to be relevant and cool, she might not have that time? Besides, it's better to have no comfort than someone who clearly does not want to be comforting you.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It's never a good time to tell someone you're breaking up with them because they're fat.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Madtrixr posted:

It's because this is a really bad time for it to happen. Meenah probably should have had the talk that's coming with (Vriska) a while ago if she was bored with the relationship, but it's too late and now (Vriska) is in a very emotionally vulnerable state after that savage verbal assault and battery Vriska committed and Meenah breaking up with her is gonna put (Vriska) over the edge in a real bad way, which is a super hosed up thing to do.

Yeah, dumping someone after their alternate universe self just tore into them is...pretty lovely.

Like, imagine (to make it less Homestuck) a sibling or close friend just tore into you, ripping at all your flaws and all the things you were most insecure about, and just completely DUMPS on you.

And then your girlfriends like "Yeah we should see other people BYE 38D"

Like goddamn.
That is a brutal 1-2 punch.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Vriska :s: Vriska

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

But let's try it from another side. You are halfway through *trying* to break up a relationship that no longer works, when a stranger shows up, beats up your lover, and offers to ...

To hell with the other side.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

WAR FOOT posted:

Well, if Meenah agrees to be relevant and cool, she might not have that time? Besides, it's better to have no comfort than someone who clearly does not want to be comforting you.

She's in the furthest ring. If time can even be considered to be a valid concept, it is in infinite supply.

Cabbit
Jul 19, 2001

Is that everything you have?

WAR FOOT posted:

Like, 90% chance Meenah is going to tell (Vriska) to shove off, immediately after her getting savagely run down. She's probably going to do it to run off with a more idealized, skinnier version of Vriska, the same person that just ran her down like it was her loving job. This is in response to the egregious faux pas of being content.

Yea, no, this isn't a dick move at all!

Edit: I mean even if you don't want to date her, she's still presumably your friend.

Cabbit fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jul 1, 2015

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

It's that episode of How I Met Your Mother where Ted breaks up with his old girlfriend on her birthday after her dad just died. She beats the poo poo out of him and he richly deserves it.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Hi im from the future here's what happens

1. vriska and meenah leave together
2. (vriska) kills herself by throwing herself into lord english's death beams
3. vriska beats lord english

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Grapplejack posted:

I like it.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Grapplejack posted:

Surprise twist, 1. happens, but then instead 2. vriska and meenah die foolishly into lord english's death beams and then 3. (vriska) contributes to the final battle but the ultimate takedown goes to the real hero... fedorafreak

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Mazerunner posted:

Surprise twist, 1. happens, but then instead 2. vriska and meenah die foolishly into lord english's death beams and then 3. (vriska) contributes to the final battle but the ultimate takedown goes to the real hero... fedorafreak

THE GENT OF PISS IS ON THE SCENE

BiG TrUcKs !!!
Feb 25, 2007

My life is the most blessed and most cursed in existence (blessed spiritually, cursed physically)
The one Girl was mean to the other girl... I'm a nice guy, I always hold the door open for girls and such, so this last Homstuck update was pretty bad. Since I'm really good with girls and I'm nice to them. If I was in the comic I would have to break up their fight, due because im a nice guy.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Cabbit posted:

Like, 90% chance Meenah is going to tell (Vriska) to shove off, immediately after her getting savagely run down. She's probably going to do it to run off with a more idealized, skinnier version of Vriska, the same person that just ran her down like it was her loving job. This is in response to the egregious faux pas of being content.

Yea, no, this isn't a dick move at all!

Edit: I mean even if you don't want to date her, she's still presumably your friend.

Adding on to that. Just sitting by and thinking of dolphins while somebody rants at your girlfriend about being an awful person who deserves to be dead and is an insult to her own persona, is kind of a dick move. Even if you are thinking of breaking up with her.

Though if anything I think Meenah will fork both these Vriskas, or only tag along with alive Vriska long enough to get to a place where things are happening before forking her.

SyntheticPolygon fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Jul 1, 2015

Two Inch Bee
Apr 17, 2003
Damn you, Lyle, and damn your style.

Blackheart posted:

Vriska: do the vriska-y thing.

As a God Tier Vriska of Vriska, she commands absolute power over the reader's reactions.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Indecisive posted:

let's face it, she's the real vriska here

There's basically zero chance that the whole nepetasprite thing isn't a red hearing to distract us from the perfect inevitability of Vriska(Vriska)sprite. That will be the real true Vriska.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

BiG TrUcKs !!! posted:

The one Girl was mean to the other girl... I'm a nice guy, I always hold the door open for girls and such, so this last Homstuck update was pretty bad. Since I'm really good with girls and I'm nice to them. If I was in the comic I would have to break up their fight, due because im a nice guy.

ghosts dont need doors held for them fuckmunch, they walk throuhg them because theyre, duh, ghosts

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

BiG TrUcKs !!! posted:

I ... What?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

What happened to koos

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
vriska is great haters vacate

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Izzhov posted:

tbh I thought this too and she'd get hussie to write her back into the story somehow but I think he's written himself out of having any relevancy to the plot

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

Aw, I feel bad for (Vriska).

Also is Vriska Karkat now? Like this is some straight up Vantas poo poo right here. Someone give this girl a Trollian client.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Nah. She wouldn't hit Full Vantas until the next update where Vriska from an hour in the future hops back in time to scream at herself for yelling at (Vriska) the way she did.

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

Classtoise posted:

But Vriska has the juju.

Maybe Gamzee jumps her, kills her, and hands it off to Yugiohborat?

That is definitely the Juju box. Something is up.

I doubt this is exactly what will happen but I would honestly find it very fitting if Gamzee ends up doing Vriska in. He's the Most Important Character In Homestuck™ in spite of how much Vriska vies to attain that title.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

nerdbot posted:

I doubt this is exactly what will happen but I would honestly find it very fitting if Gamzee ends up doing Vriska in. He's the Most Important Character In Homestuck™ in spite of how much Vriska vies to attain that title.

Lil' Cal is the most important character in homestuck. not Gamzee. thats the joke, in that update. he was sitting in Gamzees lap.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Line Feed posted:

Aw, I feel bad for (Vriska).

Also is Vriska Karkat now? Like this is some straight up Vantas poo poo right here. Someone give this girl a Trollian client.

I think if Karkat started to tear into himself like this and his past/future/alternate self folded like a wet napkin, he'd probably pull up pretty quick. Karkat's arguments with himself always seem like both Karkats cathartically beating themselves up via... well, beating themselves up. For all his bluster about how past/future him is terrible, he's not fooling anyone or even himself. The difference is here Vriska's trying to externalize any doubts or weaknesses into (Vriska) and violently dissociate herself - there's nothing wrong with her, everything bad is part of this other Vriska, whom she'll surely never become.

It's crazy, I really thought Vriska was going to turn out to be the better of the two since she'd karma houdini'd her way out of culpability for the mass ghost double-murder and had a few years of Terezi's moirailship to settle her down. We used to give (Vriska) flack for constantly throwing away any progress she made as a character, making the same old mistakes, but that's nothing compared to how little Vriska learned.

If Meenah really does dump (Vriska) and fly off with Vriska that's crushing. (Vriska)'ll probably take it as validation that everything Vriska said was true, because it caused her to get dumped.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdbot
Mar 16, 2012

paranoid randroid posted:

Lil' Cal is the most important character in homestuck. not Gamzee. thats the joke, in that update. he was sitting in Gamzees lap.

What if...that was a lie