Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Digital Decay
Dec 16, 2007
Reiteration #6,637,776,216
What is there to do in-game after you're close to CBT cap?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Uh, you still do your dailies at cap, you just get cultivation instead of normal exp I'm told. There's the 5-man dungeon runs (aka Umbrella Lady Supremecy), one or two world events that spring up, killing the world bosses, killing the special world bosses (but I don't know their deal), and doing your profession stuff (I been doing that a lot, I like the treasure hunter).

Also CARTS CARTS CARTS CARTS I haven't tried robbing people's carts yet but I've certainly gotten my poo poo kicked in by people who were. I think there are SUPER CARTS too where people get whole raids together but that only happens at like 8:00 am where I am so I haven't seen it.

There's also daily faction combat stuff, one thing on the over-world and one thing at set times in instances. I've seen the faction fortresses slowly getting built up, but I don't know the who why or how of it.

There's a guild type event too but it is also early morning so I don't know.

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

I'm currently hanging out with some Chinese ppl on the designated Server, but really most Chinese are a helpful bunch and most have a good understanding of english so if you are not an introvert MMO'er you'll have no issues.
So far I do a lot of sightseeing just following the questline (There is no sidequests only the main story quest really so its very linear and easy to follow) the Chinese keep prodding me to join Blue Team (there is Blue Red Yellow and White, and they can hold territories I think) Schools have much less of an affect on you than in Wushu, same with Guilds I see many different people of many diffrent Guilds tackle tasks together for their color...

So far the language barrier has prevented me from knowing the real effects of if you are Blue Red or Yellow... it reminds me of Babylon 5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddxIfMRZemc

Natalie_Luna fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Jun 29, 2015

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
from what I've read, as a guild you choose what faction to support.

From there guilds compete within the faction for control of that faction so that they may go to war with the other factions.

Digital Decay
Dec 16, 2007
Has anyone messed around with the voip feature built into the client? How is it?

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Third World Reggin posted:

then this is when we figured out the game was not going anywhere and photoshopped drinkfists irl picture

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3654319

my handiwork will never be lost

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

I'm taking the what class you should play chart I made for swordsman and adapting it to skyforge.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud

Natalie_Luna posted:

(There is no sidequests only the main story quest really so its very linear and easy to follow)

There actually are side quests, there's just no real quest log so it took me until like level 30 to realize it. They show up as little yellow arrows on your main map. You go there and either talk to a person or walk around in circles until an instance triggers. The odd thing is some of them are mandatory for character progression. You have to finish the questline to unlock some node in your meridian charts. All questlines give small but permanent stat bonuses though, so you'd probably have done them anyway.

Pavlov fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Jun 29, 2015

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

Pavlov posted:

There actually are side quests, there's just no real quest log so it took me until like level 30 to realize it. They show up as little yellow arrows on your main map. You go there and either talk to a person or walk around in circles until an instance triggers. The odd thing is some of them are mandatory for character progression. You have to finish the questline to unlock some node in your meridian charts. All questlines give small but permanent stat bonuses though, so you'd probably have done them anyway.

Ive noticed those today too though they were mostly dialogue, best part of wich was they often included characters that had already died :ohdear:

Digital Decay
Dec 16, 2007
http://wuxia.qq.com/webplat/info/news_version3/5012/5013/5014/5016/m3486/201506/355669.shtml

Some kind of news about the transition from CBT to OBT.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
Yeah, and new class open. Five poisons? Whatev.

Anyway, I'm gonna make a new Five Poison character, is the server mentioned earlier our preliminary planned goon server?

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Unless there's some other issue, yes, it should be that one. Have they released anything on the Five Venoms' skillset, or is this going to be the first we see of it?

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

致广大玩家:

自5.28《天涯明月刀》不删档测试开启以后,在全体玩家的帮助下,我们度过了难忘的时光,也将产品向着更加稳健的方向打磨和优化。

在此,对全体参与不删档测试的玩家,致以最正式,最真诚的感谢;并且,我们在此宣布,本次不删档测试将在2015年6月30日下午4点正式结束,届时我们将正式关停目前的所有大区和所有服务器。

离开是为了马上回来。我们将在短暂的停服时间里进行密集的部署;4个小时之后,6月30日晚8点,首批6组新服开放,提供给广大玩家进行不限号预捏脸创角体验;22个小时之后,7月1日下午2点,《天涯明月刀》“浪迹天涯”不限号测试正式开启。

点此关注《天涯明月刀》印象·西湖发布会直播

今夜之后,我们一起浪迹天涯,携手看江湖浩大。

To the myriad players:

From 5/28's non-wipe closed beta onward, by the grace and assistance of our dear players, we have gone through an unforgettable time and have polished and improved our game towards even greater stability.

Here we would like to officially extend our most sincere gratitude towards our dear players, as well as announce the conclusion of this non-wipe closed beta phase at 4pm, June 30, at which time all servers and districts will be closed.

This downtime is scheduled so to with the utmost celerity bring the servers back up. We will make the proposed server modificatons quickly, and expect servers to be back up by 8pm. At this time, the first batch of six new servers will be opened, providing our dear playerbase to (what the hell is this? unlimited character face pinching? gently caress chinese, really). 22 hours after this, at 2pm July 1st, Moonlight Blade's 'Wandering in Bumblefuck' open beta will commence.

Click here for more information about Moonlight Blade's "Impressions: West Lake Conference Broadcast'

After tonight, we'll wander around together in bumblefuck, hand in hand, taking in the grandeur and beauty of Jianghu.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
Also, I never played Zhenwu; what's the deal with them?

Digital Decay
Dec 16, 2007
Unlimited character face pinching is probably another way of saying character customization.

From what we've seen of the Wudu set, they like to go invisible and hide crows in their clothing that fly out when they do kungfu. The guys don't like to wear shirts and the girls like to stab themselves in the chest.

I only got to mess around with Shenwei, Beggars, and Taibai. I think Zhenwu are the ezmode class? Even though in the chargen Shenwei are listed as the lowest difficulty class but probably only because they're tankier.

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..

Digital Decay posted:

Unlimited character face pinching is probably another way of saying character customization.

From what we've seen of the Wudu set, they like to go invisible and hide crows in their clothing that fly out when they do kungfu. The guys don't like to wear shirts and the girls like to stab themselves in the chest.

I only got to mess around with Shenwei, Beggars, and Taibai. I think Zhenwu are the ezmode class? Even though in the chargen Shenwei are listed as the lowest difficulty class but probably only because they're tankier.

I AM ALL ABOUT HIDING CROWS IN MY CLOTHING. GET HYPE

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

FebrezeNinja posted:

When joining is easier and there's something to say maybe.

Playlist

Thanks! Listening has triggered a strange and potent mix of nostalgia and mmorpgptsd...

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

suddenly batman comes from no where and punches you in the nuts, over and over again

in the back ground can be heard people saying, "Call me dings! Call me dings!"

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

"Call me dings! Call me dings!"

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Speaking of which, is there a version of school spying in neochinagame? It was probably my favorite part of the game as long as other people were actually trying to weed out the spies.

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Speaking of which, is there a version of school spying in neochinagame? It was probably my favorite part of the game as long as other people were actually trying to weed out the spies.

Nope :( but bounty hunting and assassinating is a real thing for doing some pvp, and they make you unbound money wich is kinda neat

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013
Note that the server order has changed, in the launcher, the server Natalie indicated is now 2nd region 2nd instance instead of 4th instance.

Digital Decay
Dec 16, 2007
Unlimited face pinching action soon. Also I was wrong about the crows. They are bats.

http://www.acfun.tv/v/ac1914687

This is an MBO commercial.

I think they filmed a white dude speaking and then dubbed over him with a chinese dude speaking english instead.

I can't wait to watch stars with girls the whole night and won't be bored even a little.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

Almond Crunch posted:

Also, I never played Zhenwu; what's the deal with them?

I played a Zhenwu a little bit, and I can see why people like them, but I didn't. Pretty much they have one move that creates an ink-shadow dude based on whatever your last move was. It gives them a decent amount of depth, as well pretty good mobility and probably the best AoE CC. They just felt really stiff and meticulous to me in comparison to how snappy some of the others were.

In case anyone is on the fence about the other classes, the things I've noticed are:

Beggar has the only pull I've seen, though it does take a bit of setting up. I love them but the almost 0 ranged skills hurts sometimes.

Taibai is a little gimped in pvp, because they're light on CC in comparison to other classes. They rely more on blocks and dodges instead. They play a little like beggars but... worse? They also have a hit-things-to-build-resources system, but some of their moves require resource to use instead of just getting an added benefit like beggar. For instance, the Taibai dash requires resource, and can push you through the enemy, so your back is to them. The beggar dash will build energy, dashes you in front of the enemy, and also knocks them down. Same thing with the grabs, where the beggars seems objectively better. I might be missing something though.

Shenwei has a move that gives CC immunity, which makes them the only one that can jump into a group of players without getting stunlocked.

Tianxiang are the only healers, and one is needed in every dungeon group, but more than one is fine, because they can DPS also. So if you like dungeons, being one always guarantees you a spot. The 'palm lock' skill you can get from the music profession is apparently broken good on them too.

Tangmen can be annoying to do dungeons with. That's because they sometimes do too much damage to bosses and steal agro because there don't seem to be proper taunt skills. This leads to them kiting in circles while everyone else tries to stick to the chasing boss.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

CARTS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHoaR7MBA-0

Digital Decay
Dec 16, 2007
Looks like Wudu are only available for elite members for now.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I am elite as hell

kznlol
Feb 9, 2013

Pavlov posted:

CARTS CATS

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Hey Haq, change the OP to say moon light blade instead of wushu and lets get the thread name changed

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

gently caress you, china game

Go here
https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=0a4124c2de7b9873&id=A4124C2DE7B9873%211214&ithint=folder,exe&authkey=!AHCfiGZSoDTbbuI

Download client
Run installation
gently caress you put it where ever

You need a QQ account
The QQ number will be used to log in, it is cool if it is an international QQ number.
http://reg.imqq.com/
Put your real location, not china land china or it will say your ip is wrong and fucky ou
If you gently caress up too much on this step it will flag you as a bot, ban your ip, and yuo have to use a vpn / proxy to register.
Don't gently caress it up, keep it simple stupid, don't lie. Most people don't need to put in a SMS verification for this, if you do, you may of hosed up too many times.
Prime time china, this server gets busy and will lag out, so just refresh the QQ page later.

Change your system locale to china simpleified PRC poo poo.
Run the launcher and patch. Patch mother fucker.
Ok patch done. Patch it again, gently caress you.

No wipe, Open Beta Test

What server?

Find the matching characters, please don't click the one in the same spot as it has moved.

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 10:43 on Jul 1, 2015

Almond Crunch
Oct 29, 2005
God-damn tasty..
Yeah, I'll see you guys when WuDu opens, unless you guys have some terrible dearth of tangmen.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Hey Haq, change the OP to say moon light blade instead of wushu and lets get the thread name changed

Done, added your next post as the new OP. If you end up with more poo poo I can just edit out the sperg posts (unless you end up making a new thread :shrug: )

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Teketeketeketeke posted:

Thanks! Listening has triggered a strange and potent mix of nostalgia and mmorpgptsd...

I know i'm going to sound like someone offering methadone when there is a stash of pure china lightning just around the corner but Age of Wulin is turning out to be a nice place and webzen greed is more resonable.

- You get a single, full server (group purchase sometime max out at 500) and they managed to keep kidnapping at something similar to the old system (kidnap once every hour, max 15L, VIP only, turning kidnap at the same place no longer give you a bonus) past the factions expansion.

- 99gold sets stay in cash shop at 99gold forever, no bullshit jade tokens and "buy now or lose it forever" artificial rarity. Outfits and pets work the same way, once stuff is released it stay released.

- Almost no bots aside gold sellers spam. No ressources, steal or spy bots.

Of course its still pay2Win, ancient cash set still own you and you will never get the old band together to bark at the viets but if you gently caress up your MBO install or cant stand Glorious PRC runes it might give you a fix.

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

aleksendr posted:

I know i'm going to sound like someone offering methadone when there is a stash of pure china lightning just around the corner but Age of Wulin is turning out to be a nice place and webzen greed is more resonable.

- You get a single, full server (group purchase sometime max out at 500) and they managed to keep kidnapping at something similar to the old system (kidnap once every hour, max 15L, VIP only, turning kidnap at the same place no longer give you a bonus) past the factions expansion.

- 99gold sets stay in cash shop at 99gold forever, no bullshit jade tokens and "buy now or lose it forever" artificial rarity. Outfits and pets work the same way, once stuff is released it stay released.

- Almost no bots aside gold sellers spam. No ressources, steal or spy bots.

Of course its still pay2Win, ancient cash set still own you and you will never get the old band together to bark at the viets but if you gently caress up your MBO install or cant stand Glorious PRC runes it might give you a fix.

The biggest issue with Wulin that I had, was that its Jianghu friendship is magic:
I was ridiculed by the "Badass" Guild for suggesting fighting over the Worldboss.. "We dont want to get rednamed" "Why compete if there is two Worldbosses and 2 Teams we can share and care...
Other than that it was, hey lets hide in YMP to grind gear for duels and Mt.Hua, the only person in that guild that I felt actually lived up to the hate it got was our own BigBo, who I've recently seen on GoldenPanda stirring trouble there so eh...

Learning new Chinagame will be fun I think and we can beatup the scrub pubby English KillOnSight "gaming community" as they'll have terrible ping just like us.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

steam integration works just fine it seems so if you want to see the game or ask questions, ask me via steam

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
God help me i am downloading chinagame 2.0

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I've been trying to register a qq account for hours now.

Digital Decay
Dec 16, 2007
Are you getting the SMS phone verification bullshit? That never works. Try registering from another device/IP.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

angerbeet posted:

God help me i am downloading chinagame 2.0

God speed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Qq's registration server seems to be busy but I assume the prime time in China is basically always so I'll keep trying, nothing can stop me from Chinagaming