Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Massasoit posted:

Any no fee chip and pin cards out there with no overseas charge? Doesn't have to be rewards card but that would be cool too.

I'd be surprised. No foreign transaction fee is a pretty valuable service, once you start spending a few thousand bucks overseas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Tewdrig posted:

I got an Arrival+ a year ago (and just downgraded to Arrival) and thought that it would be my everyday card. However, the redemption process on it is just awful and made it not worth it.

For the Arrival, you can redeem your points against travel expenses that have been incurred within the last 180 days. However, you can only redeem against a given expense once. This means that you have limited windows during which you can redeem at 2% and you have to be careful about how often you do so, so ensure you don't run out of eligible travel expenses.

The counterargument I think would be that it is very useful for people who have more travel transactions than I do, and that it's simply not the right card for me because I do not travel all that much.

However, if someone travels a lot, I think that the person would be better served with a card that rewards travel better. To redeem, you have to have your travel expense on the Arrival+, and this is rarely the best card to pay any particular travel expense with. It doesn't offer primary rental car coverage. It doesn't reimburse for baggage or economy+ upgrade fees. It doesn't give you lounge access. It doesn't have the option to transfer to an airline or hotel miles/points program for an increased redemption value. It doesn't have travel of any kind as a bonus category. Someone who travels a lot probably has a better credit card for every travel expense.

For a straight, fixed cash back card for someone who just wants one card, I think the Citi Double Cash is better. You'd have to spend $40,455 per year on the Arrival+ for the extra 0.2% to break even on the annual fee. Another option is to use one of the Amex Blue Cash cards, but Amex isn't taken everywhere, and the reward structure is tiered instead of a flat 2%.

Anyway every site seems to love the Arrival+, and even drcreditcard.net, which I think has pretty good non-salesman reviews, likes it. I would rather be able to redeem at 2% whenever I want and put bonus spending elsewhere.

From what I remember reading, Chase's redemption process on the CSP sucks. I was able to redeem almost $500 on an Airbnb stay because of the Arrival+ signup bonus, as it includes whatever miles you're gaining during the spend to hit the $3000. Redeeming was not an issue at all -- it lists the travel related expenses that count and you apply the points. The "use on expenses made within 120 days" thing isn't a big deal because if you're going to redeem the points you're probably just going to redeem them right away, and if you don't it's not like the points just disappear -- you just have to use them on a future expense. The PIN capability is great for kiosks since everything just works, plus no foreign transaction fees. Long term it may not be great if you simply don't have the money to spend to balance out the annual fee, but for the short term it's an awesome card.

The Discover It is without a doubt the best card right now for cash back because of the 2x bonus going on. They're taken pretty much everywhere now, probably more so than Amex, and their customer service is very helpful.

asur
Dec 28, 2012

smackfu posted:

I'd be surprised. No foreign transaction fee is a pretty valuable service, once you start spending a few thousand bucks overseas.

Quicksilver.

Bragon
Apr 7, 2010

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

ETB already covered the Citi DoubleCash. I just wanted to chime in to let you know you can downgrade your Sapphire Preferred to regular to avoid the annual fee and leave it in your sock drawer if you are concerned about your credit score and utilization.

I just did this and not only was it ridiculously easy to do, I had already paid the fee on my last billing cycle and they refunded it without any argument. I will say I'll miss the quality of CSP customer service.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

asur posted:

Points show up when the charge does, but you have to apply them in $25 increments or the whole travel expense with a $25 minimum. You have 90 days from the date the travel expense posted to redeem against it and you can only do so once even if you didn't cover the whole amount.

One more question, what do you mean by you can only redeem against it once?

Bragon
Apr 7, 2010

Does Citi ever offer a signup bonus for the Double Cash? The last page talked me into grabbing a Quicksilver for the time being, but I think I'd like to have both.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Bragon posted:

Does Citi ever offer a signup bonus for the Double Cash?
They did approximately a year ago, I think. Since then it's just been 0% intro APR type stuff though.

SiGmA_X
May 3, 2004
SiGmA_X

fyallm posted:

One more question, what do you mean by you can only redeem against it once?

If you have a $400 expense and you only have 30k points, and redeem 30k points, you cannot redeem against that expense again.

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

Bragon posted:

Does Citi ever offer a signup bonus for the Double Cash? The last page talked me into grabbing a Quicksilver for the time being, but I think I'd like to have both.

You may want to consider getting a first-year-fee-waived Citi card with an attractive signup bonus and then downgrade to the Double Cash 10-11 months later

Bisty Q.
Jul 22, 2008

smackfu posted:

BOA Travel Rewards is also 1.5%, no FTF, EMV, etc. Currently running a $100 signup bonus; I don't think QS is running any. The potential can be even higher; at least 10% higher if you have a BOA account at all and up to 75% higher if you have a lot of money there. (I get 2.63% back on everything on that card.)

Baddog
May 12, 2001

smackfu posted:

Most of these have fees, but there are a few that don't. I'd just sign up for one where the fee is waived the first year. Especially one of the hotel cards to get the free night or two on your trip. The 2 hyatt nights are nice!

http://www.nerdwallet.com/blog/top-credit-cards/no-foreign-transaction-fee-credit-card/

pig slut lisa
Mar 5, 2012

irl is good

pig slut lisa posted:

I tried this today and got a "review pending" :ohdear: I expect a denial but I'm hoping I can go back to the banker and see what he can do for me. The answer may well be "not much" but I'll give it a go.

For what it's worth the guy I talked to had no idea about the 5-in-24 policy and couldn't find anything on it. When I talk to recon I'll definitely bring up the fact that the branch guys don't appear to have been clued in to this major change.

Recon was not sympathetic, unsurprisingly. I canceled the SW Plus Personal and will be applying for the Amex Everyday in July I guess.

Bragon
Apr 7, 2010

Bisty Q. posted:

BOA Travel Rewards is also 1.5%, no FTF, EMV, etc. Currently running a $100 signup bonus; I don't think QS is running any. The potential can be even higher; at least 10% higher if you have a BOA account at all and up to 75% higher if you have a lot of money there. (I get 2.63% back on everything on that card.)

QS is running a $100 bonus, as is BOA. Barclays Arrival is running $200 and gives 2x points to the BOA's 1.5x, even considering 10% from a BOA account. And as mentioned to me above, try signing up for an Arrival+ for a $400 bonus and downgrade it at the end of the first free year.

Bisty Q.
Jul 22, 2008

Bragon posted:

QS is running a $100 bonus, as is BOA. Barclays Arrival is running $200 and gives 2x points to the BOA's 1.5x, even considering 10% from a BOA account. And as mentioned to me above, try signing up for an Arrival+ for a $400 bonus and downgrade it at the end of the first free year.

Arrival isn't EMV, only the +. Yes, you should get the card if you're going to have enough travel spend to get the bonus, but the BOA card is a good one to hold 'forever', IMO.

fyallm
Feb 27, 2007

College Slice

SiGmA_X posted:

If you have a $400 expense and you only have 30k points, and redeem 30k points, you cannot redeem against that expense again.

drat ok. So the best straight cash back card with no international fees with chip and pin is? Seems like the other cards are way too complicated for what I want. No yearly fee would be nice, if the first year is waived and in 10months I have to downgrade with the same company no problemo.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.

fyallm posted:

drat ok. So the best straight cash back card with no international fees with chip and pin is? Seems like the other cards are way too complicated for what I want. No yearly fee would be nice, if the first year is waived and in 10months I have to downgrade with the same company no problemo.

The Capital One Quicksilver is flat 1.5% cashback on everything, no categories or redemption requirements. It is also the only credit card I know to let you setup automatic rewards redemption. Mine is set to automatically redeem my cash back as a statement credit whenever the balance reaches $25. It's probably the simplest rewards system possible.

Discover IT also has no foreign transaction fee and a simple rewards system. They are running a promotion where Cash Back is doubled for the next year at the moment. Discover isn't as widely accepted as Visa/Mastercard though.

A few people really like the BankAmericard Travel Rewards, but I don't have that card so I'm not sure how simple the redemption options are.

All three of those cards are chip and signature, not chip and pin but that should be fine. The Arrival plus is pretty unique among US cards in that it will fallback to chip and pin if chip and signature is not accepted, I don't know any recommended cards besides that one that offer this.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
The BoA Travel Rewards redemption is based on "travel" related expenses, which is pretty broad by their definitions. You can also redeem on the same expense if you didn't fully redeem it previously, assuming the transaction hasn't expired.

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal

THF13 posted:

The Capital One Quicksilver is flat 1.5% cashback on everything, no categories or redemption requirements. It is also the only credit card I know to let you setup automatic rewards redemption. Mine is set to automatically redeem my cash back as a statement credit whenever the balance reaches $25. It's probably the simplest rewards system possible.

Discover IT also has no foreign transaction fee and a simple rewards system. They are running a promotion where Cash Back is doubled for the next year at the moment. Discover isn't as widely accepted as Visa/Mastercard though.

A few people really like the BankAmericard Travel Rewards, but I don't have that card so I'm not sure how simple the redemption options are.

All three of those cards are chip and signature, not chip and pin but that should be fine. The Arrival plus is pretty unique among US cards in that it will fallback to chip and pin if chip and signature is not accepted, I don't know any recommended cards besides that one that offer this.

I recently picked up the DiscoverIT card. One nice thing with this 2x Cashback promotion is that I believe it applies to their promotional cashback offers as well. This means that for Bestbuy.com, their 5% cash back quickly turns into 10%. This is in addition to their rotating categories.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams
I have the BoA card, redemption is really easy. It has to be against "travel" expenses, for me that's included hotels, airplane tickets, and a transit pass I ordered from my local agency. You can continue to redeem against a purchase until you've completely refunded it. So the example earlier with the $400 expense and having 30k points don't apply here. I think I chipped away at a single airline ticket $5 or $10 dollars at a time for a full year or something like that.

nickutz
Feb 3, 2004

Put blue and red chicken in mouth plz

Shadowhand00 posted:

I recently picked up the DiscoverIT card. One nice thing with this 2x Cashback promotion is that I believe it applies to their promotional cashback offers as well. This means that for Bestbuy.com, their 5% cash back quickly turns into 10%. This is in addition to their rotating categories.

And the cash back doubling counts toward their online shopping portal bonuses too. I think last time I bought contacts it was through the portal and got 20% back.

Wickerman
Feb 26, 2007

Boom, mothafucka!
Why would you pick the Quicksilver over the BankAmericard Cash Rewards? Both have $100 after $500 expense in the first 3mo signup bonuses, but BoA has 3% on gas and 2% on grocery stores for the first $1500 in those expenses every quarter. 1% on everything else. BoA also has 12mo 0% APR, Cap One has 9mo 0% APR (not that you should be using them for that.)

Have the AmEx BCP for 6% on groceries and 4%(?) gas and use Discover/Chase for the 5% on gas whenever that rolls around.

ETB
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah, I'm that guy.
We are talking about Travel Rewards, not Cash Rewards.

asur
Dec 28, 2012

Wickerman posted:

Why would you pick the Quicksilver over the BankAmericard Cash Rewards? Both have $100 after $500 expense in the first 3mo signup bonuses, but BoA has 3% on gas and 2% on grocery stores for the first $1500 in those expenses every quarter. 1% on everything else. BoA also has 12mo 0% APR, Cap One has 9mo 0% APR (not that you should be using them for that.)

Have the AmEx BCP for 6% on groceries and 4%(?) gas and use Discover/Chase for the 5% on gas whenever that rolls around.

BA Cash Rewards and Amex BCP both have forex fees, 3% and 2.7% respectively. BCP is 3% on gas and some department stores as well.

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008
A couple of questions on the Discover IT Card - I feel like the promo they are running right now is too good to turn down, especially since I will have several large purchases in the next year. All of which I can wait until the appropriate 5% category is up.

1. For those who have it, I assume it's a legit good card to have with nice customer service/support/etc?
2. My understanding is on the 13th billing cycle it will take my total cashback from the 12 previous cycles (say $250) and instantly credit me with $250 more, right?
3. I see on their site you can get an NHL logo on the card which is nifty as I am an avid hockey fan. Will choosing an NHL logo gently caress me up in anyway with any of the rewards/bonuses/referrals?

Cons: This would be my 4th card, but I'd really only like to keep 3 active. Ideally I would like to phase out my Amazon Rewards Visa. I also have an Amex Blue Cash Everyday and Sallie Mae MasterCard active at the moment and plan to keep those. The Amazon Visa just so happens to be my oldest card, 2 years older than my next oldest. Should I opt to just let the Visa stay active and rot in a drawer, or can I safely cancel it without too much repercussion to my credit?

Thanks Goons

Bisty Q.
Jul 22, 2008

The Rev posted:

A couple of questions on the Discover IT Card - I feel like the promo they are running right now is too good to turn down, especially since I will have several large purchases in the next year. All of which I can wait until the appropriate 5% category is up.

1. For those who have it, I assume it's a legit good card to have with nice customer service/support/etc?
2. My understanding is on the 13th billing cycle it will take my total cashback from the 12 previous cycles (say $250) and instantly credit me with $250 more, right?
3. I see on their site you can get an NHL logo on the card which is nifty as I am an avid hockey fan. Will choosing an NHL logo gently caress me up in anyway with any of the rewards/bonuses/referrals?

Cons: This would be my 4th card, but I'd really only like to keep 3 active. Ideally I would like to phase out my Amazon Rewards Visa. I also have an Amex Blue Cash Everyday and Sallie Mae MasterCard active at the moment and plan to keep those. The Amazon Visa just so happens to be my oldest card, 2 years older than my next oldest. Should I opt to just let the Visa stay active and rot in a drawer, or can I safely cancel it without too much repercussion to my credit?

Thanks Goons

yes, yes, no

Who cares? Have as many cards open as you want. It's not going to hurt anything. Leave them all open if you only have 4 revolvers, you could use the help to build your average age of accounts (as opening a new card is going to drop it by a third immediately at the moment.)

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

The Rev posted:

Thanks Goons

You haven't given us enough information to answer whether or not you should leave it open/how much of a hit your FICO will take. So, understand that without ages of all of your accounts, it's pretty much impossible to do the math. That having been said, I'd leave the Amazon Visa open. Make a small token purchase on it each month - maybe a recurring bill - to keep it active. Keeping your AAoA up will be nothing but good for your FICO scores, and losing your oldest account can absolutely tank it. You will eventually recover, of course, but the Amazon card costs you nothing, so what's the point of closing it? You don't need to carry it: leave it in the sock drawer but set up a monthly bill or something and let your AAoA keep going up.

I only had one card, a non-rewards card. That account was 14 years old when I opened a few new cards to start making some money back on my purchases. AAoA took a huge hit and my FICOs went from 800+ to low-to-mid 700s. AAoA isn't the most important factor to FICO, but it is still pretty important.

lampey
Mar 27, 2012

Massasoit posted:

Any no fee chip and pin cards out there with no overseas charge? Doesn't have to be rewards card but that would be cool too.

Penfed has a good card with chip+signature+pin and no foreign currency fee. I have the platinum rewards one with ~4% on gas and ~2.5% on groceries. (1 point is around .88 cents) There is a $5k min balance and you need good credit. I think all of Penfed's cards have no foreign transaction fee.

Discover has no fee and the new cards have a chip, but I am not sure if it supports chip+pin or signature only.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Did not realize discover has chip cards note - I'll have to call them up and have them send a new one. Any idea on usability in Quebec fit discover?

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

lampey posted:

Penfed has a good card with chip+signature+pin and no foreign currency fee. I have the platinum rewards one with ~4% on gas and ~2.5% on groceries. (1 point is around .88 cents) There is a $5k min balance and you need good credit. I think all of Penfed's cards have no foreign transaction fee.

Discover has no fee and the new cards have a chip, but I am not sure if it supports chip+pin or signature only.

I can confirm the penfed platinum rewards visa lampey posted is both good and a chip&pin with no forex fees. I have heard that you need really good credit to get though. I use mine for all grocery and gas. It also got me 3x points when I bought my PS4 at target, haha.

FISHMANPET
Mar 3, 2007

Sweet 'N Sour
Can't
Melt
Steel Beams

Massasoit posted:

Did not realize discover has chip cards note - I'll have to call them up and have them send a new one. Any idea on usability in Quebec fit discover?

Granted I was in Vancouver, on the other side of the country, but when I was there I asked if they took Discover and the guy didn't even know what it was. And I never saw a "Discover" logo anywhere else. So Discover doesn't have much, if any, presence in Canada.

The Rev
Jun 24, 2008

becoming posted:

You haven't given us enough information to answer whether or not you should leave it open/how much of a hit your FICO will take. So, understand that without ages of all of your accounts, it's pretty much impossible to do the math. That having been said, I'd leave the Amazon Visa open. Make a small token purchase on it each month - maybe a recurring bill - to keep it active. Keeping your AAoA up will be nothing but good for your FICO scores, and losing your oldest account can absolutely tank it. You will eventually recover, of course, but the Amazon card costs you nothing, so what's the point of closing it? You don't need to carry it: leave it in the sock drawer but set up a monthly bill or something and let your AAoA keep going up.

I only had one card, a non-rewards card. That account was 14 years old when I opened a few new cards to start making some money back on my purchases. AAoA took a huge hit and my FICOs went from 800+ to low-to-mid 700s. AAoA isn't the most important factor to FICO, but it is still pretty important.

As far as accounts go:

Old accounts
Generic MasterCard - was my first card ever, couldn't tell you what exactly it was. Obtained in 2008 and cancelled in 2011. This was before I knew basics about credit. The card was stolen from my apartment in college, once I squared all the fraudulent stuff away and was in the clear I just closed the account and opened my Amazon Visa up.

Current Accounts
Amazon Visa, 2011-Present (I used this all the time when it was my old card, now I almost never use it over the other two)
Amex, 2012-Present
Sallie Mae, 2014-Present

I've never carried a balance and try to do best practices for credit, according to the free Fico score I'm usually between 820-825. As far as closing out accounts it'd just be for simplicity's sake, one less item to worry about. I can leave it open and charge a bag of chips on it once per year or something, but if my credit won't magically go in the shitter for an extended period of time then I'd just opt to do away with it all together.

Thanks again for the help.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Hey Goons. I was looking at the Chase Sapphire Preferred card and I was interested in it. I wanted a little help in deciding if I should sign up for it.

Currently I have one main card, a Chase Freedom which I place nearly all of my purchases on. I place about ~$1,200 a month on my Freedom card. I get 1% back and 5% back on special promotion months. I never really pay attention to the actual promotion, I just sign up each month / quarter. According to Chase I average about 35,345 points a year ($355.35).

Although I do not travel outside of the country much, I do plan to do so soon. Looking into foreign fees, this card in particular peaked my interest. Currently there is a 40,000 bonus point offer, along with a 5,000 point bonus offer if I put an authorized user on it. The no foreign fees is a nice touch, along with 2x points on any travel and dining (which I assume you can do in the US). The annoying thing is the $95 annual fee.

The issue I'm having is that I'm not understanding how much each point is worth on the Chase Sapphire card. Also, I typically book flights through Orbitz, Expedia or some other site like that. From what I can tell the prices are much cheaper on those site than the Ultimate Rewards site. With my spending habits does it make sense for me to sign up for the card? I also really like that its metal.

Small White Dragon
Nov 23, 2007

No relation.

obi_ant posted:

Hey Goons. I was looking at the Chase Sapphire Preferred card and I was interested in it. I wanted a little help in deciding if I should sign up for it.
I don't know how much detail you want, but here's a very detailed review of the card - http://www.drcreditcard.net/chase-sapphire-preferred.html

obi_ant posted:

Although I do not travel outside of the country much, I do plan to do so soon. Looking into foreign fees, this card in particular peaked my interest. Currently there is a 40,000 bonus point offer, along with a 5,000 point bonus offer if I put an authorized user on it. The no foreign fees is a nice touch, along with 2x points on any travel and dining (which I assume you can do in the US). The annoying thing is the $95 annual fee.
So three things:
  • First, Foreign Transaction Fees are about 3%, so you can figure out the breakeven on that - $95/.03 ~= $3166. If you pay more than that overseas or in a foreign currency, you've gotten more value out of the card than the annual fee.
  • Second, travel means purchases from travel vendors, like hotels, travel agencies, taxis, rental cars, airplanes, trains, .etc. Not just "I made a purchase while travelling."
  • Third, the annual fee is waived the first year.

obi_ant posted:

The issue I'm having is that I'm not understanding how much each point is worth on the Chase Sapphire card. Also, I typically book flights through Orbitz, Expedia or some other site like that. From what I can tell the prices are much cheaper on those site than the Ultimate Rewards site. With my spending habits does it make sense for me to sign up for the card? I also really like that its metal.
If you redeem for travel that way, each point is worth $1.25, and keep in mind you can pool your Freedom and Sapphire Preferred points. The Ultimate Rewards portal may be cheaper, the same as, or more expensive than other booking sites, as detailed here. I think I've seen all three cases.

One of the nice benefits about the Sapphire Preferred is that you can alternatively transfer your points to miles on several airlines, so if you can find a cheap award ticket with United, you can use do that. Also it includes pretty good travel insurance on purchases made on the card.

That said, if you're solely interested in redeeming the points for travel, you could also consider the Barclay Arrival Plus. Each point is worth 1 cent, but you get 2 points for every dollar spent, and a 10% rebate when you redeem for travel.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I applied for the Citi Double Cash and didn't get instant approval, so now I'm nervous.

I mean, there's no reason for me to not get it, but man, I get flashbacks to when I didn't have good credit and applying for things and getting turned down. Which has completely soured me on ever using credit for anything except a home purchase again. I just want the cash back.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

No Butt Stuff posted:

I applied for the Citi Double Cash and didn't get instant approval, so now I'm nervous.

I mean, there's no reason for me to not get it, but man, I get flashbacks to when I didn't have good credit and applying for things and getting turned down. Which has completely soured me on ever using credit for anything except a home purchase again. I just want the cash back.

Happened to me when I applied to Sallie Mae card. They ended up approving it. If you have good credit I can't imagine they would deny you.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

My credit score is in the 750s according to Mint, although that probably means nothing. When we bought the house last month our disclosure showed me as a 738. I don't remember which bureau though. I'd assume I'll be fine. But if not I guess I'll stick with the USAA Amex I have now that only give me 1.25%

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

obi_ant posted:

If you are comfortable booking your flights a long ways out, you would probably be best off transferring the points to miles partners. But deciding where to transfer them depends on where you fly out of and where you want to go. SW is pretty good for Mexico and the Caribbean. BA miles are good for Boston to Ireland and ok for NY to Madrid. United is alright for most destinations. I think there are good asia options but I don't know specifics. There's some good info here http://thepointsguy.com/2015/03/redeeming-chase-ultimate-rewards-points-for-maximum-value/

I would at least try the card out. If you don't find yourself using it enough to justify the $95 you can always downgrade to the free version before the fee hits.

THF13
Sep 26, 2007

Keep an adversary in the dark about what you're capable of, and he has to assume the worst.

No Butt Stuff posted:

Do you have another card with Citi? They might be hesitant to give you more credit if you already have a card with them with a high credit limit. This happened to me applying for a second Barclaycard, I just had to call and they were able to shuffle the credit limits around and then approved me. If you search for Citi's reconsideration line you should be able to find the number to call.

Dead Pressed
Nov 11, 2009
Just called discover to try and get the 2% cash back deal for new it customers and was rejected. Spoke to a "supervisor" and everything. They wouldn't budge. Been a customer for 5 years, spending quite a bit of money on their cards with timely payment and I'm at the point I'm ready to drop them completely. Going back to Citi under the double cash card.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

THF13 posted:

Do you have another card with Citi? They might be hesitant to give you more credit if you already have a card with them with a high credit limit. This happened to me applying for a second Barclaycard, I just had to call and they were able to shuffle the credit limits around and then approved me. If you search for Citi's reconsideration line you should be able to find the number to call.

I don't. I don't think I've ever done any business with Citi.