Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Is the PC version of this unfucked yet?

Like, they did a little patch for it a while ago but anything since then?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Sion posted:

Is the PC version of this unfucked yet?

Like, they did a little patch for it a while ago but anything since then?

The patch helped, but it still needs work.

Sax Battler
Jul 31, 2007

Another bloody customs post,
Another fucking foreign coast,
Another set of scars to boast,
We Are The Road Crew.

Real hurthling! posted:

gently caress the blades coming at you in the last team puzzle too i haven't seen enough loading screens yet. 2/10

I just jumped back up to the grating.
Good job failing trapmaking 101, Riddler.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Methane posted:

Yeah...I dunno if that was a design mistake or what because that was my first instinct, finely honed from the City Poison Ivy fight. I realised in the second pass that I was supposed to be running into the gaps or someshit???

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
Maybe it's just to illustrate how much of an idiot Riddler is.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Anyone got tips for the Natural Selection Batmobile challenge? It's where you're fighting drones around the area Poison Ivy holes herself up. I can only get around 7.5k points on a good run, 2.5 short of the 10k I need to get three stars. I'm not sure how to really mix things up.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

poptart_fairy posted:

Anyone got tips for the Natural Selection Batmobile challenge? It's where you're fighting drones around the area Poison Ivy holes herself up. I can only get around 7.5k points on a good run, 2.5 short of the 10k I need to get three stars. I'm not sure how to really mix things up.

Go for criticals on the basic tank drones, they give you a point multiplier, they're pretty much necessary to get 3 stars
Hack drones to take fire off you so you dont get hit and lose your combo
Use EMPs as your secondary weapon of choice as an "oh poo poo" button if you think you're about to get hit.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Methane posted:

The funny thing is that if you keep dodging the spinning blades after the puzzle is finished Batman points out "you can leave any time".

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

"Hey Batmaaaan, there's still riddles on Bleake Island! :smug:"

Uh, no, Eddie, no there isn't. At least that's what my map says, zero collectibles left on Bleake, at GCPD and at the studios.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Riddler challenges/trophies need to be cut down to about a quarter to half as many as there are, but make them involved. Make batman do crime scene reconstructions like when he was looking for Oracle and poo poo. Make them engaging because they sure as hell aren't now.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

CharlestonJew posted:

Go for criticals on the basic tank drones, they give you a point multiplier, they're pretty much necessary to get 3 stars
Use EMPs as your secondary weapon of choice as an "oh poo poo" button if you think you're about to get hit.

Oh, well, that was simple enough then. :v:

I completely discounted the basic minigun. Thought using my secondaries and dashing around untouched was enough.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
What constitutes a perfect shot, out of curiosity

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

using the vulcan gun to take out the glowing purpleish weak spot for a quick kill would be awesome - except every five tanks or so I run into a tank that REFUSES to be killed that way. I just piss bullets at it, even zooming in my view and watch bullets literally plink off the "weak" point.

What the hell am I doing wrong?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
It seemed to me that happens if you hit the weak spot with the first shot from your vulcan gun.

TERRIBLE SHITLORD
Oct 20, 2005

MY NIGGA HAVE
YOU TRIED LSD
http://i.imgur.com/gXuQyRK.webm

I love the ragdoll glitches in this game.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Yeah, i think there's a bonus if its the first bullet that kills it - but after that I have to keep changing angles to get it to blow up that way. Its super aggravating and makes me just want to blow poo poo up with the main cannon and be done with it.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
A "Perfect" shot is the first vulcan shot hits the glowing weak spot. You've got to do two of those in a row to unlock an AR challenge. A "Critical" shot isn't the first shot but I'll venture its within the first second of you opening up with the vulcan.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
A critical is just any vulcan shot that hits the weak point, you are just more likely to hit in the first few moments of a burst because the recoil throws the bullet spread way out. There is an early upgrade that reduces recoil.

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time

I loving love things like this. I was sad when there was no Zsasz, although I don't miss that side quest from City.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

CharlestonJew posted:

How are crits different to just hitting the purple bits?

Edit: Oh, I thought I could only use the cannon. That explains a lot.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
Anyone else immediately feel that something was odd during the Oracle "suicide" scene? There was no blood or gore after it happened, and the whole mood of that scene seemed odd.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Random baddie posted:

Remember, if you see Batman, shout and charge him. Never fails.
:allears:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

ymgve posted:

Anyone else immediately feel that something was odd during the Oracle "suicide" scene? There was no blood or gore after it happened, and the whole mood of that scene seemed odd.

Note that Joker physically moves the gun, and then Barbara picks it up.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

ymgve posted:

yeah I immediatly suspected fear toxin shenanigans. I still told Tim about Barbara's death though, (then when I learned it was fake I told him she was safe, he just fell on his knees, really felt bad at that point

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Oracle:

Funky Valentine posted:

Note that Joker physically moves the gun, and then Barbara picks it up.

I noticed this but didn't pay it any real attention until I went back and rewatched the scene after completing the game. Something felt off about that whole thing but it was so, so unsettling to watch. It's the most uncomfortable I've been in the entire franchise and I can't nail down why exactly; I actually let out a "oh thank God" when she came back later. :v:

Maybe that's just me being spergy though.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

poptart_fairy posted:

Oracle:

I noticed this but didn't pay it any real attention until I went back and rewatched the scene after completing the game. Something felt off about that whole thing but it was so, so unsettling to watch. It's the most uncomfortable I've been in the entire franchise and I can't nail down why exactly; I actually let out a "oh thank God" when she came back later. :v:

Maybe that's just me being spergy though.

Joker's discretionary warning shot was perfect

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
The only thing odd about that whole sequence with the Oracle is how it all just Scarecrow gas, but Arkham Knight and Scarecrow keep saying she killed herself, yet she is perfectly fine later..

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

ymgve posted:

Mostly I was pissed when it first happened. I dd that right before I went to bed and it lingered in my mind as WHAT BULLSHIT IS THIS GAME, COME ON. THIS IS SO GRITTY I GUESS.

I kinda expected it to be an unresolved plot point when I first ran into it. Particularly since Batman didn't mention it to Robin, they made a BIG DEAL ABOUT THAT, but I also didn't talk to Robin after he got locked in the cell. Something about it did seem odd but maybe it speaks to my willingness to believe in how bad comics are that I just took it at face value. Doing LPs of the first three games has given me a particular perspective on how these games treat women I guess.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Calaveron posted:

Joker's discretionary warning shot was perfect

Oh definitely. That entire scene was fantastic. Say what you want about the gender politics in the game but it pulled off what it wanted to, no problem.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ymgve posted:

There wasn't gore in any other death scene, such as Talia's, so I figured the creators didn't really feel up for animating a exploded hole in a head, bloodied grey matter sliding out of it.

And this may just say something about me, but when it happened, my first instinct wasn't that it couldn't happen - I'd been playing Witcher, so my mind was in "people are gonna die for no good reason" mode. I just thought it was bullshit that it happened to Oracle TWICE! That they took the character who is probably the most infamous example of being stuffed in a fridge, and then did it to her again. Then I thought it should have been Jim.

Fulchrum fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jul 1, 2015

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Could've been a ratings issue as well.

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Beat the game last night. Well, beat the story anyway. Still have some mines and checkpoints to tackle, then 180 loving Riddler trophies to find. The only punishment good enough for Riddler would be for him to be locked in a cell with only Killer Croc to talk to. Let the rest come naturally.

Speaking of Killer Croc was he just modeled for the ending scene? It's a cool design. Maybe part of the DLC packs?

Sorry if I retread some topics; I held off on reading this thread until I beat it, because man this Arkham game has a lot of moments I wouldn't want to be spoiled on.

I really liked it (expect for the loving Riddler trophies)

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

LawfulWaffle posted:

Speaking of Killer Croc was he just modeled for the ending scene? It's a cool design. Maybe part of the DLC packs?

DLC involving him has been confirmed, AFAIK?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Rirse posted:

The only thing odd about that whole sequence with the Oracle is how it all just Scarecrow gas, but Arkham Knight and Scarecrow keep saying she killed herself, yet she is perfectly fine later..

Spoilered just in case for context.

The things a person sees under the effect of Scarecrow's fear gas can be directed to show exactly what the Scarecrow wants. He once made all of Gotham illiterate to show them how terrifying a generation of people who can't read is.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Fulchrum posted:

There wasn't gore in any other death scene, such as Talia's, so I figured the creators didn't really feel up for animating a exploded hole in a head, bloodied grey matter sliding out of it.

Maybe not gore, but there wasn't a single drop of blood either as far as I could see. In contrast with the scene earlier in the game where Joker cripples Barbara, and you can see the blood leaking into the carpet

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The thing I found odd about it is that you can revisit it later and the body remains there for a long-rear end time. I guess it's just super-duper-long-lasting fear gas but it's a bit weird.

Also way to be a poo poo and just leave Barbara's corpse there, Bats, you could have had Cash come pick it up or something.

Fulchrum
Apr 16, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ImpAtom posted:

The thing I found odd about it is that you can revisit it later and the body remains there for a long-rear end time. I guess it's just super-duper-long-lasting fear gas but it's a bit weird.

Also way to be a poo poo and just leave Barbara's corpse there, Bats, you could have had Cash come pick it up or something.

You really think any of them want to see it?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fulchrum posted:

You really think any of them want to see it?

I figure they don't want to leave it hanging around in a random warehouse! Respect and all.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Levantine posted:

Riddler challenges/trophies need to be cut down to about a quarter to half as many as there are, but make them involved. Make batman do crime scene reconstructions like when he was looking for Oracle and poo poo. Make them engaging because they sure as hell aren't now.

So, you want the number to be lower, but the process to still take the same time? :psyduck: Again, i really don't get people. I enjoy the little puzzles and the collection, it's the perfect thing to just shove a podcast on and chill out doing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Gaz-L posted:

So, you want the number to be lower, but the process to still take the same time? :psyduck: Again, i really don't get people. I enjoy the little puzzles and the collection, it's the perfect thing to just shove a podcast on and chill out doing.

Do you not really understand why I might want each challenge to actually be a challenge? I could spend X hours flying around collecting 300 trinkets or I could spend the same time solving 50 involved, interesting puzzles.

• Locked thread